Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
there's no way this isn't just a more realized, built out version of fallout shelter with fo4 base building right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

multiplayer set 20 years after the bombs drop where you leave the vault and immediatly die from the rads and become a skeleton. at the end of the round the vault with the biggest pile of skeletons in front of it wins.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ASenileAnimal posted:

multiplayer set 20 years after the bombs drop where you leave the vault and immediatly die from the rads and become a skeleton. at the end of the round the vault with the biggest pile of skeletons in front of it wins.
:shepspends:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Fallout's totally going to have cliff racers in it guys!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sinteres posted:

It's not like Square stopped making Final Fantasy games because they have two Final Fantasy MMOs. I don't know why Bethesda put ES6 so far on the back burner, but my guess is that ESO isn't the biggest reason. I hope it'll be because they have another giant open world RPG IP to announce at E3 this year.

Final Fantasy games pretty much just share a name and some smaller aspects. FF14 is basically nothing like FF15, and FF12 is a pretty different game from both as well - they're not really designed to compete or replace one another. Albeit, FF14 might have been designed to replace FF11. Also, while non MMO FF games are pretty long, they pretty linear compared to Elder Scrolls games.

ESO on the other hand is trying really hard to appeal to Obilvian/Skyrim's fanbase. ES6 would probably be a huge distraction from ESO because they share much more in common, and there's probably no shortage of people playing ESO because they want an elder scrolls fix more then they want an elder scrolls mmo?

With how much they've been porting Skyrim, ES6 seems like a no-brainer. Even for all the critisim FO4 got, It was still a massive commercial success, right? I don't think they need to worry about tainting the brand with a poor release - I can't imagine what other reasons they have for not making ES6 rather then a business move to let ESO have space and save ES6 for an emergency.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

ASenileAnimal posted:

You get a bonus if you get some of the skeletons to hug each other, and an even bigger bonus if another player walks by, sees the hugging skeletons, and says "wow, what amazing environmental storytelling!!!!!!" (This is where the multiplayer aspect comes in)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Fallout 4 was very mediocre and easily my least played fallout, though I still got more hours out of it than most games (even if you cut it off at the point where it was just churn to get the thing done with). Of course it doesn't really matter how good or bad it was wrt 76 since this is apparently a multiplayer spinoff but still

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They did it before with Morrowind, just the lead writer of that game who is autism incarnate burned himself out of the game industry for working way too hard and snorting too much coke

I will not have you slander Kirkbride. Only the finest mescaline would grace his palate

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Chad Jihad posted:

I will not have you slander Kirkbride. Only the finest mescaline would grace his palate
i am actually praising kirkbride because well directed autism is good for creative work

cocaine however is not

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sheen Sheen posted:

You get a bonus if you get some of the skeletons to hug each other, and an even bigger bonus if another player walks by, sees the hugging skeletons, and says "wow, what amazing environmental storytelling!!!!!!" (This is where the multiplayer aspect comes in)

You're graded at the end of the round based on how many terminal entries you made and how many sodas you chugged so you could shove the bottlecaps into a safe.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

You're graded at the end of the round based on how many terminal entries you made and how many sodas you chugged so you could shove the bottlecaps into a safe.

Skeletons hugging: 10 pts
Skeleton in a locked closet with a bunch of empty whiskey bottles: 20 pts
Skeleton locked in a closet with a bunch of jet: infinity points

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

It will be dark souls multiplayer.

You can leave graffiti around for other players and invade them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fallout 76 is set in Appalachia? Online?

Redneck Rampage: Vault-tec edition

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
it's just gonna be fortnite you idiots. fallout 4 has crafting and building poo poo awkwardly; add multiplayer and you got battle royale. zero ambition

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Sinteres posted:

It's not like Square stopped making Final Fantasy games because they have two Final Fantasy MMOs. I don't know why Bethesda put ES6 so far on the back burner, but my guess is that ESO isn't the biggest reason. I hope it'll be because they have another giant open world RPG IP to announce at E3 this year.

It's more then likely the fact that 90% of the core TES team is working on Starfield.

Remember, up until early last year Bethesda had between 70-80 employees tops. Bioware for example has 800. Most game studios have 200-400.

Bethesda was making these games slim, and could only really handle 1-2 projects at a time. TESO isn't made by Bethesda proper it's made by a side studio with Bethesda help. Fallout 76 is apparently made by the Battlecry people with Bethesda help. Most of that core Bethesda team is working on Starfield and then.......something else.

Considering they dropped Fallout 76 like this a few weeks before E3, they have something big at E3. Big enough they think it's ok to throw out some Fallout meat to the wolves ahead of time, rather then saving it for their show floor. They don't want competition from the Fallout brand to hurt their new reveal, which makes me think we definitely see either Starfield, a totally new unheard of IP, or ES6 this year.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

corn in the bible posted:

it's just gonna be fortnite you idiots. fallout 4 has crafting and building poo poo awkwardly; add multiplayer and you got battle royale. zero ambition

I think most people in here would feel that this would be the worst case scenario (myself included) :saddowns:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Nah they did this when Fallout 4 was announced, they revealed it before E3 then had an hour long presentation about its features.

Now, they might do a "here's a peek from our future project" and show like a vague video and a title, but I was hoping that in the last 3 years and by now I'm dead inside.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bholder posted:

Nah they did this when Fallout 4 was announced, they revealed it before E3 then had an hour long presentation about its features.

Now, they might do a "here's a peek from our future project" and show like a vague video and a title, but I was hoping that in the last 3 years and by now I'm dead inside.

It's just Todd being Todd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XQ63U9icDU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Fallout76 gonna be th Farcry 5 of Fallouts and also multiplayer?

Whoa. :popeye:

Also, when I saw the thumb to the teaser video I immediately thought of California route 76 :woop:

US 76 through North Carolina and such though... :negative:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
To be a "fan of the Fallout series" basically just means you're a fan of a product with that name on the box. There's no real specific thing to be "a fan of" considering at this point "the Fallout series" consists of eight games in six genres by five different developers.

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 30, 2018

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

what are the odds on this thing being gamebryo

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Generic Monk posted:

what are the odds on this thing being gamebryo

100%

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Can't spell gamerboy without gamebryo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

2house2fly posted:

To be a "fan of the Fallout series" basically just means you're a fan of a product with that name on the box. There's no real specific thing to be "a fan of" considering at this point "the Fallout series" consists of eight games in six genres by five different developers.

I'm a fan of Fallout New Vegas. Liking FO1 and 2 just means in a masochist.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

2house2fly posted:

But you can like certain takes on the series better than others

For example, you are allowed to prefer Black Isle and Obsidian's take on the Fallout IP over Bethesda's take

The fact that Bethesda owns the IP and can do whatever the hell they want with it affects people's ability to prefer 1-2-NV over 3-4 in no way whatsoever

I don't see why this is so hard for some people to understand

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1001883102313156609

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout: 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1001883102313156609

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout: 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.

drat, that sounds like its gonna kill my interest.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Well, I certainly hope they've made settlement building not suck (not gonna get my hopes up, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised that way)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm extremely interested in what this thing looks like. Basically building settlements but everybody in the settlement is in your clan or whatever.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Finally! The funky Fallout car combat crossover I've been waiting for!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So they basically decided to remake Fallout 4 and cut out its worst part: the story.

Which is good

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CommieGIR posted:

drat, that sounds like its gonna kill my interest.

But, CommieGR, "Games as Services" sounds delightful. Innit?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What if it's Dungeon Keeper but a Fallout vault?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I wonder if we will be able to run private servers like you can in most of those games and if there is enough PVE stuff to keep it interesting.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Was jokingly going to suggest it was a Fallout MMO a few days ago with tribes/groups being the people you join up with. Should've made it, but thought it sounded better for a New Vegas setting rather than Fallout 4.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Maybe it's Fallout 76: Tactics 2.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Actually this sounds fine? We'll see how much they show at E3.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If it's a game where other players are going to come destroy my poo poo, I'll never play it, but if it's a player friendly game that still has a cool world to explore and you can ignore the multiplayer stuff if you want to, I'm down.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I just want a post-nuclear role playing game made for modern sensibilities, where I create a dude and solve problems with conversations and stealing poo poo and I don't have to play accountant and micro-manage people that might as well just be numbers why is that too much to ask.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I could see settlements being more engaging if the game is designed specifically around that gameplay concept, has a better user interface (I'm sure Bethesda is capable of doing better than the janky-assed frustrating mess that was trying to build and place a rusty metal shack in Fallout 4), if they had NPC inhabitants with even the slightest bit of personality, and if you're more focused on thoroughly planning and building up one settlement and having it interact with other settlements either under AI control or control by other players. Having like fifty settlements scattered throughout the map all under your control with no real purpose or connectivity populated by nothing but nameless cookie-cutter NPCs was stupid as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a rust-like fallout could be hella cool