Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
We're getting XCOM 2 and Trials: Fusion on PS+ next month. I'm excited!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/30/playstation-plus-free-games-lineup-for-june-2018/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's late enough in the PS4 lifecycle (right) that I should expect to have full months of stuff I already have, I guess :sigh:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Hellblade was amazing and I need to replay it with my new headphones.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Infinitum posted:

Holy poo poo the transvestite ninjas in Chapter 12 of Yak0 :allears:

I really shoulda been advancing the story instead of just doing side stories

No you shouldn't. You are playing exactly right.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Pablo Nergigante posted:

XCOM 2 and Trials Fusion are the PS+ games for June

loving Yes!

Another cheap purchase being delayed pays off

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
oh wow i was gonna buy xcom 2, glad i didn't

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah those are both games I had eventually planned on buying.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

oh wow i was gonna buy xcom 2, glad i didn't

This happened with MGS5, relatively great deal for ps store (£16 for xcom2 anyway) and then a week later it's the ps+ game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Holy poo poo Yak0

The entire highway chase with exploding helicopterrs Time Crisis scene :allears:

The second bat tattoo reveal :stare:

This loving game man.

Kazuma Kiryu has never killed a man. He has in fact killed several :v:

Montalvo posted:

We're getting XCOM 2 and Trials: Fusion on PS+ next month. I'm excited!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/30/playstation-plus-free-games-lineup-for-june-2018/

YYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss :getin:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Didn't care for xcom 2. The round limits on nearly every level really got to me. And the secret RNG that makes you miss 95% shots. Ugh. I liked the first reboot (with dlc) a lot more.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Didn't care for xcom 2. The round limits on nearly every level really got to me. And the secret RNG that makes you miss 95% shots. Ugh. I liked the first reboot (with dlc) a lot more.

:xcom:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Over There posted:

Hellblade was amazing and I need to replay it with my new headphones.

How does it compare to god of war in terms of story and presentation?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

nachos posted:

Different but as good I'd say. Use headphones! And I say that as someone who doesn't care about sound. It's pretty incredible.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

nachos posted:

Despite sharing some visual and mythological language it's a very different game from God of War, with a much more focused message and playtime. You play as Senua, a Celtic warrior who travels into viking hell to rescue the soul of her lover. The main conceit is that Senua also suffers from severe psychosis, which manifests in the form of hearing voices, visual hallucinations, and finding hidden meaning in mundane objects. It's less exploring the weight of responsibility with a full cast of colorful characters that you see in GoW than an exploration of one woman's memories of trauma and grief exacerbated by her mental illness in an equal parts bleak and beautiful setting. The combat, puzzles and environments are nowhere near as complex as they are in GoW so if you come in expecting that, you'd be disappointed. People love Hellblade for the same reasons that you would love a Shadow of the Colossus or Silent Hill 2 -- every element of the gameplay works in unison toward its overarching story. There's no crafting, no skill trees, no items, no UI altogether. I wouldn't even say the game is very fun to play. But it is a pretty unique, oppressive and memorable experience for 6-8 hours.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Don't get the XCom2 expansion that adds the super bosses.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fix posted:

Don't get the XCom2 expansion that adds the super bosses.

get the expansion because he game is way better with it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

I know you're talking xcom2 but your post made me think of this sbfp moment from xcon1 which is one of my favorite clips ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWt6jGhmUpI

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

nachos posted:

If you wear headphones you can hear the schizophrenic whispers all around you and it makes you feel like you're going through insanity, which is awesome. I would put Hellblade as more as an experience like Silent Hill 2 and God of War as more like Zelda.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I can't stand Xcom for some reason

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hellblade is much closer to a feelsgame like Firewatch than an action game like God of War although there is some action to be had

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hellblade is much closer to a feelsgame like Firewatch than an action game like God of War although there is some action to be had

Yeah, but don't get the idea that Hellblade is a walking simulator. It's definitely action and has one of the coolest endings.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
XCOM2? gently caress yea I could use some XCOM. Played the original on PS3 and loved it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Over There posted:

If you wear headphones you can hear the schizophrenic whispers all around you and it makes you feel like you're going through insanity, which is awesome. I would put Hellblade as more as an experience like Silent Hill 2 and God of War as more like Zelda.

Its mechanical too. If an enemy is behind to your left, you voice will whisoershout to dodge from that direction. It gives a really awesome effect of being in the fight.

Surround headphones or I guess a speaker system of you got it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Is Xcom 2 still brutally difficult and entirely possible to set yourself up to fail unless you balance things just right for a while with your base

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Over There posted:

Yeah, but don't get the idea that Hellblade is a walking simulator

On PS4, every game is so beautiful I turn them into walking simulators anyways

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Oh yeah, and it also has a killer photo mode. The finest of all features.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Hellblade is basically a combined character action game / horror game (a la Soma). The first third is very slow and repetetive but after that I was completely hooked until the end.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I was just thinking this would be a good year to announce a new Trials game at E3. And now this. :thunk:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

exquisite tea posted:

Oh yeah, and it also has a killer photo mode. The finest of all features.

If I had a review site, I would literally put "has photo mode?" at the top of every review.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The most fun I've had with Photo mode was Mario Odyssey. It was cool to just do a quick click and go.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don’t think I have ever taken a screenshot of a game unless I’m directly trying show something about the game to someone else

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Here's my experience with Photo Mode:
*poses character or removes them entirely*
*changes lighting*
*adjusts field of view and focus*
*takes picture*

"Neat."

*closes Photo Mode and never re-opens it*

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i took nonstop photos in horizon zero dawn because it takes place in the area i've lived almost my entire life and it was exciting

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I took tons and tons of photos in WoW and even won 1st place in a holiday contest put on by Blizzard about 11 years ago. Got me a signed copy of the first expansion delivered to me a day before it came out :angel:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

We should play Gundam Versus one day in a battle to the death over GOW and Nier, god drat beanpole.

If you say so; I don't view this as a competition. They were just two games I played within 3 months of each other.

In actuality, NieR didn't cause reviewers critical faculties to shut off entirely, and it's shortcomings were noted in reviews. That it was greater than the sum of its parts has been attested to by the course of time.

If battle robots you must... then I suppose I can facilitate.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FFXV's ending was extremely good imo.

When that title came up I got a bit emotional for reasons I can quite figure. It was a good loving journey, warts and all. Also I'd say that's probably the only good cover of Stand By Me that isn't Ben E. King's original.

Where's the car combat?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

how's moonlighter

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh my word. I have just done the Fairground quest again in route b.

Am I right was Jean Paul’s fault? He warped her view of herself?

My word that whole passage was so sad. I feel awful for her.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

beep by grandpa posted:

I took tons and tons of photos in WoW and even won 1st place in a holiday contest put on by Blizzard about 11 years ago. Got me a signed copy of the first expansion delivered to me a day before it came out :angel:

Post the picture

kynikos
Aug 15, 2001
Does anyone have experience using the PS4 Link feature on a PSTV? I have my PSTV hooked up to a monitor and speakers but it only outputs audio in the PSTV menus/apps. I get no sound when using PS4 Link and can only hear it when I turn on the TV that my PS4 is hooked up to in the other room. What am I doing wrong? I can't imagine this was designed to only output audio on the original source as that seems to defeat the purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Excited to play Trials and Xcom for free in like 6 months when I actually shove all these other games out the way