Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Average Bear posted:

Or anything. The switch as of May 29th 2018 has one (1) game.

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the switch still owns, its just funny to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with gen 8

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with gen 8

I'm not :(

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

the switch is gonna be so fuckin good. FINALLY fuckin pokemon on a console! finally fuckin MONSTER HUNTER on a console!!
[1 year later]
HAHA ok well iguess you cant have everything

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wonder if they’re going to make gen 8 on 3DS... they could definitely harvest a lot of ninten-year-old buttsalt if they did that

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I wonder if they’re going to make gen 8 on 3DS... they could definitely harvest a lot of ninten-year-old buttsalt if they did that

It's to be on Switch.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I want a new Pokemon Conquest

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Pokémon

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Nintendo.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

now that they got this Pokémon business out of the way I can only imagine the gaming goodness Nintendo will present during their e3 direct conference. I can't wait

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if I haven’t played splat in nearly a year how hard is it to get back into

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's easy because 90% of the people who play it are Japanese children

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
after a few weeks poking at it on my commute i finished Chrono Trigger. i'm a big time travel head so i enjoyed the parts where you mess with that, like the pendant chests. it's also really easy and short? the only time i didn't feel insanely overpowered was when i was accidentally doing stuff out of order.

i actually appreciate the length when it's got that replayability but i'll probably just do a little NG+ and move on. if i was able to afford square rpgs when i was 9 i would have gone hog wild collecting all the endings and trying to break stuff but instead i played my melted used copy of soul blazer 20 times

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Elusif posted:

Nintendo.

Hell, when you're right, you're right.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Milkman posted:

after a few weeks poking at it on my commute i finished Chrono Trigger. i'm a big time travel head so i enjoyed the parts where you mess with that, like the pendant chests. it's also really easy and short? the only time i didn't feel insanely overpowered was when i was accidentally doing stuff out of order.

i actually appreciate the length when it's got that replayability but i'll probably just do a little NG+ and move on. if i was able to afford square rpgs when i was 9 i would have gone hog wild collecting all the endings and trying to break stuff but instead i played my melted used copy of soul blazer 20 times

Yeah it's quite short by RPG standards, and it's so well-paced that it feels even faster. It's my favorite game of all time

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Elusif posted:

Nintendo.

It's good!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

bump_fn posted:

if I haven’t played splat in nearly a year how hard is it to get back into

not hard at all & there's a new expansion coming soon with playable octolings that'll probably bring back a lot of lapsed casual players for a little while

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah it's quite short by RPG standards, and it's so well-paced that it feels even faster. It's my favorite game of all time
It's literally perfect.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I replay Chrono Trigger probably more than any other RPG.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yea the pacing of the plot, the dungeons/areas, and the combat gives it a leg up over most other jrpg's

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The playstation port is so infuriating because it breaks up the pace with that two second pause before every combat

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

A cool one i saw recently in the Games thread for splatoon 2 was someone complaining that the squids were too sexy.

my wife thinks it's disgusting when the squids turn into ink and that it is too much like hentai

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Like at first I thought she was disgusted by the weird liquid shooting out from what is supposedly their bodies into a gun and then being sprayed all over their enemies, but no, it was the fact that they can swim in the ink

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I see.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
:sever:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sounds like your wife is just trying to subtly suggest a little something to spice things up on the weekend? See what she thinks of Ocarina of Time's Water Temple boss.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Sounds like your wife is just trying to subtly suggest a little something to spice things up on the weekend? See what she thinks of Ocarina of Time's Water Temple boss.

lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Date night at THE AWESOME GHOST's house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksa_VPodygI

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1002569390984871942
https://twitter.com/valinthyne/status/1002569762763919360
(EU too, apparently)

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

does the demo have multiplayer?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

does the demo have multiplayer?

Only online multiplayer. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

that's fine. we should all play this weekend

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Alas, it is all tournament mode. No friend based games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mario Tennis aces is loving tight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

See you all in Round 2 :cool:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
cant wait to play it when i get home

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mario tennis is amazing but I suck so much at it... going to train all weekend

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

See you all in Round 2 :cool:

All it does is let you skip the first round for the next tourney you enter lol.

Still fun though. Chomp seems OP since he's so huge he can just charge shot everything within range and fill is special meter super quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
holy poo poo mario tennis is so loving good??? like way way more than i was expecting it to be?????