Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Araenna posted:

Either way you shouldn't be in the white house. Like, there's no way a prophet having political power doesn't somehow go against separation of church and state, right?

apparently separation of church and state is bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Biplane posted:

apparently separation of church and state is bad though.

Yep; a bunch of people out there specifically want someone that believes in the same imaginary friends that they do to hold political office. That and all those "religious freedom" commissions that focus really hard on """"Christian persecution""""

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
You do not want to read Reagan's diaries then.

He muses about the End Times more often than anyone with the ability to bring about the end of all civilization should. I like Reagan and even I was like 'ohshitohshitohshitohshit'.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

notoriously likeable Ronald Reagan.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I think if you showed up and said you heard the literal voice of Jesus, any pdoc would give you a DSM code.

Auditory hallucinations are shockingly common (~20% lifetime occurrence) in the so-called normal (don't qualify for clinical diagnosis) population. Though normally it's "I heard my father's voice telling me to make the right choice" not "literal voice of Jesus of Nazerath" so ymmv.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Joy Occhiuto Behar was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school, which she talks about a lot, but that doesn't stop people carrying on about how her Pence critique is all :derp: HOLLYWOOD JEWS HATING OUR JESUS :derp:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Biplane posted:

notoriously likeable Ronald Reagan.

My heart and my best intentions tell me he was a nice guy, but the facts and evidence tell me he was not.

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010
I know its Pence but are we sure he meant the literal voice of Jesus or is it a different-but-not-batshit way of referring to your conscience, which religious people do all the time

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

My heart and my best intentions tell me he was a nice guy, but the facts and evidence tell me he was not.

Yeah Reagan was an evil, heartless, selfish, delusional wretch disguised as an aw-shucks everyman. I can see how he fooled people

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
Getting REAL MAD about cartoons

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Axeman Jim posted:

Teen Titans Go got weird.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Axeman Jim posted:

Really glad my anti depressants stop me from doing poo poo like this.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

grittyreboot posted:

The crazy thing about Roseanne is just 4 years ago she was doxxing George Zimmerman. She used to run around with Occupiers. She ran for the Green Party nomination.

I wonder if she doesn't have some serious undiagnosed mental illness. That's too hard of a flip over a really short period of time.

I think she enjoys being outrageous and getting attention. Which, okay, can be a sign of mental illness.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-roseanne-pose-as-adolf-hitler-photo-shoot/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Krispy Wafer posted:

I like Reagan

Why?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:lol: at the idea that people can retroactively murder your childhood. People are dumb.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Axeman Jim posted:

I like "father to a murdered childhood," both because it's automatically excluding women, and because it doesn't make any goddamn sense if you think about it for more than a second.

Edit:
Holy drat, "dedicated our lives to a vision."

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

smh if u haven't lived ur life the thundercatz way

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Puppy Time posted:

I like "father to a murdered childhood," both because it's automatically excluding women, and because it doesn't make any goddamn sense if you think about it for more than a second.

Edit:

You mean you aren't your own murdered child?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's weird how people's childhoods keep getting viciously murdered by cartoons that aren't even aimed at them??? Maybe they should stop jumping in front of the target audience.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Once you accept that there's no such thing as an ethical President, you can appreciate the individual beyond their political personae.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Krispy Wafer posted:

Once you accept that there's no such thing as an ethical President, you can appreciate the individual beyond their political personae.

The individual in question is garbage

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Krispy Wafer posted:

The individual thought the AIDS epidemic was fun and cool.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
The individual had mystics decide his foreign policy

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tardcore posted:

The individual had mystics decide his foreign policy

It was a different time. Stop trying to impose current norms and mores on the past, man.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/980618952408748038

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Krispy Wafer posted:

It was a different time. Stop trying to impose current norms and mores on the past, man.

It wasn't normal then? Are you loving with us?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Axeman Jim posted:

Not even the original thunder cats

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i can't even remember the last time i heard anyone talk positively about the thundercats before that new thing got announced; even among cartoon dorks no one goes back to it and says it still holds up

those complaining about the new show are a bunch of virtue signaling fake cartoon watchers if you ask me

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Whenever somebody mentions Thundercats I think of this comic:

Which I think sums up Thundercats fans perfectly

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Puppy Time posted:

Edit:

:ssh: You're reading too much into it. The whole thing is a variation on lines by Russell Crowe's character in Gladiator.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

i would normally assume this was a joke, but this is a guy who usually posts stuff like this:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Ambitious Spider posted:

Not even the original thunder cats

I hate that CalArts bean face

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

holy poo poo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Wait, I thought thundercats was puppets?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Wait, I thought thundercats was puppets?

Those are thunderbirds.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh haha I'm dumb

We need more of those 60s marionette shows that was primo poo poo

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

china bot posted:

i would normally assume this was a joke, but this is a guy who usually posts stuff like this:

What an idiot, there are clearly four nurses in that picture.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Two classic hot-nurse stereotypes see a corpse and immediately decide to have sex with it, while a third for some reason is disturbed by the idea that she has her period.

The fourth one is off vomiting the entire time. Menstrual status: unclear.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As you can see, since Democrats hate whites AND jews, they are exactly one worse than Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I feel like you can probably fill in the rest of the conversation yourselves: