Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

It'll be interesting to see how much, if any, that improves the hilarious replay poo poo where they're aiming like 15 feet away from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

It'll be interesting to see how much, if any, that improves the hilarious replay poo poo where they're aiming like 15 feet away from you.

yeah it's cool to imagine a world in which poo poo works

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/PUBG/status/1001938410062434304

This looks dangerous. Don't play with fire, kids!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
molotovs now delete doors

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What’s the new stun grenade change?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

molotovs now delete doors

Must be one tough glass bottle.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I'm so ready to those molotovs at those people that sit in houses all game, good god.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Shotguns are still garbage

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug

Penpal posted:

Yeah, I think Overwatch is still at like 20/30. That's pretty big considering its triple the server load

Overwatch has been 60hz for a couple years now.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Going to try the test server tonight, anyone saw some improvements on the network side?

Also I don't know if people of this thread know this tool but https://pubg.sh plays your games on the map and you can see the overall game how it plays, looks great.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

pctD posted:

Overwatch has been 60hz for a couple years now.

Haven't played it in that long tbf

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Le0 posted:

Going to try the test server tonight, anyone saw some improvements on the network side?

I spent five minutes waiting for a match, then gave up and played live instead.

Ehud posted:

What’s the new stun grenade change?

Please just read the patch notes, they're linked above. They describe the stun changes in detail.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Penpal posted:

Well good thing you made comments about a game you haven't played in years.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

why does this game update every loving day, and like 8 gigs to boot

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there hasn't been a patch bigger than 25mb in a while. the small patches are to gently caress with cheaters

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
didn't happen to me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there isn't an 8gb patch every day, that's the big patch that goes with the patch notes people have been talking about for the last couple of pages

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

For me, the test server has consistently just run better than the live client since it was introduced. By this I mean smoother/better framerates and lower incidences of lag loving with doors opening, looting, etc.

The thing is these benefits never seem translate over with time. Test remains a better product for me than live, and each live patch doesn't bring performance up anywhere close to where it was on the test servers. Obviously test is where improvements will show up first, my point is that those QoL things don't ever seem to make it into the release product despite seeming to be available for months.

Anyway I'm posting because does this happen to anyone else, and maybe why?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
There certainly is not an 8GB patch every day. They do update the game a lot though! And this one in particular had some large changes.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Didn't they also recently say that they would be pushing out bug fixes and stuff more often once they are ready without waiting until the big patches to do it. So that may be what he's talking about. I have been getting more of those steam update pop ups lately when i launch the game but only lasts a few seconds definitely not 8 Gigs each time.

I may be mixing up games

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 31, 2018

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I thought the frequent updates had to do with the anti-cheat stuff they were doing.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yeah the 8.8 g download is an outlier but it's annoying that the game updates literally every day. never ever seen that before

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The other updates literally take like less than 5 seconds how is it that annoying?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The other updates literally take like less than 5 seconds how is it that annoying?

i'm a petty bitch?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

The updates are to prevent cheaters, they change the exe so that cheats will not work and have to be reconfigured. Quit yer bitchin is what I'm gettin at.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Wah wah I need to wait 10 seconds to start the game every now and then.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

It would be better if it would remember the "start game when done" checkbox.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

insert Simpsons clip about school supplies and taxes, but with anti-cheat and patches

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I too prefer cheaters in my multiplayer game rather than waiting for a 25mb download every day or so.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Penpal posted:

overwatch came out exactly 2 years ago this month, so youre saying you never played it

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I'm really surprised how good of a job they did clearing out cheaters.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I generally agree but just now we had our first blatant cheater in like a month, annoyingly. Full on head-shot sprayed down 4 people from 200 meters with an m4 without missing a single shot.. Hopefully people that obvious about it eat quick bans.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

It would be better if it would remember the "start game when done" checkbox.

This. Or something.

It’s one thing to have a patch every day. It’s another to open the game, discover your client is marginally out of date, quit the game, right click, select “validate data files” to kickstart an update, cancel validation, wait for update.

This happens to me all the time and it’s ridiculous in tyool 2018 they can’t figure out a smoother update process.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 1, 2018

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm fairly certain that the frequent 25mb patches have a part in that.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Dangerllama posted:

This. Or something.

It’s one thing to have a patch every day. It’s another to open the game, discover your client is marginally out of date, quit the game, right click, select “validate data files” to kickstart an update, cancel validation, wait for update.

This happens to me all the time and it’s ridiculous in tyool 2018 they can’t figure out a smoother update process.

Is this still a thing? I haven't had to do this in months.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Dangerllama posted:

This. Or something.

Yea, it has nothing to do at all with the Steam process, clearly it is all Bluehole's fault. Restarting Steam once in a while as well as allowing auto-updates fixes this completely.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I don’t have this problem with any other games. It may not be bluehole’s fault, but it’s their problem.

e: vvv if that was how it actually went I wouldn’t care in the slightest.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 1, 2018

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
just launch the game and steam will download the 20mb while you wait, it takes like 15 seconds at most, you giant baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

underage at the vape shop posted:

just launch the game and steam will download the 20mb while you wait, it takes like 15 seconds at most, you giant baby.

If you dont have steam running and open PUBG through its desktop icon, it will start steam and start PUBG without checking for an update first, leading to the version mismatches.