Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jack Bandit posted:

Chuck E Cheese? Or does that episode not work as well if you don’t already know their personalities?

I'm thinking more along the lines if the person doesn't know much/anything about Wiger, Mitch, Birthday Boys, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Go with something from one of the tournaments. Those always get petty as hella and rule.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Magissima posted:

The one with Paul Rust.

Seconding this. It was my first. I relistened to it recently. "It's pronounced Cheetos" kills me.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
The first TGIF episode with the incredibly sincere ode to Friday's and the response from everyone else was what hooked me

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
First tournament of chompions episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Looking over the list, maybe the Steak & Shake 2 episode would be a good intro ep? Weird to recommend a sequel, but it's memorable and has a hook. Like something out of Twister...

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

The first TGIF episode with the incredibly sincere ode to Friday's and the response from everyone else was what hooked me

"Friday was pizza night...Urkel...TGIF...all these things I loved as a kid.

And now, here's this restaurant..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Neb5uZYlP0&t=3197s

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 31, 2018

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
As a Midwesterner the Steak ‘n Shake episodes are difficult but important

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dr.Radical posted:

gently caress Biglari, just gently caress him to hell

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

gently caress Biglari, just gently caress him to hell

He doesn’t get it at all and that’s just a goddamned shame. On the plus side, i didn’t even know that such an injustice was happening. Steak N Shake has still been good whenever I have gone in recent times. I haven’t been home in a couple years and I’m worried that when I go this summer and take my wife it’ll suck.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

More wrestling talk today, sounds like Mitch and Wiger might be ALL IN

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm so used to listening to Gillian Jacobs being given panic attacks by Scott Auckerman on CBB, it's very weird to hear her terrorizing Mitch in return.
Also, the golden paw club is classic clemdawg.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This one is a decent intro to the podcast because mitch nervously explains all the weird in-jokes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The first episode I listened to was the Jimmy John's one and I was instantly hooked, but I'd say the Urkel TGI Friday's one is their masterpiece

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Dr.Radical posted:

I liked the Scott Aukerman ep
What?!!?

e: oh i thought you meant Scotty Auks on Doughboys, I was very excited I had missed that. He's a former fat guy, I would love to hear him talk about a fast food place

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dr.Radical posted:

i am a classic socal surfer dude like wiges, been spending a lot of time in the chicago area

steak n shake is meh as hell

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Steak n Shake is cheap as gently caress though, I’ll give it that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

Steak n Shake is cheap as gently caress though, I’ll give it that.

oh i definitely did a doubletake at the final total the first time i went. they get points for that.

i am more baffled they haven't done portillo's yet. there are only two in socal, but one is relatively close to la.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
This week's episode is great, having people who give poo poo to Nick or Mitch is always fun.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

i am more baffled they haven't done portillo's yet. there are only two in socal, but one is relatively close to la.

Relatively close? If it's not in LA proper Wiger has never heard of it and won't acknowledge it.

This week on Doughboys: The Del Taco by Nick's Apartment

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

JethroMcB posted:

Relatively close? If it's not in LA proper Wiger has never heard of it and won't acknowledge it.

This week on Doughboys: The Del Taco by Nick's Apartment

Honestly surprised they haven't done this yet, whether on a regular or a double.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
One of the fun things about doughboys is how serious they take the review part even though we all know it doesn't matter and it's just a topic to drive a conversation with friends and funny people. At the end of the day, Doughboys is a podcast about rela-THEY DID TACO BELL AGAIN? BEFORE MCDONALDS? I'm done.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gillian jacobs was the best guest to do taco bell 4 because she does not give a fuuuuck

a+ episode, lots of cat content

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Matt Lindland posted:

One of the fun things about doughboys is how serious they take the review part even though we all know it doesn't matter and it's just a topic to drive a conversation with friends and funny people. At the end of the day, Doughboys is a podcast about rela-THEY DID TACO BELL AGAIN? BEFORE MCDONALDS? I'm done.

They review things very seriously then give it three and a half to four forks while saying wow

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Again, the best guest and episode is Neil Campbell who had fun joshing around with bits, nostalgia and food memories but then rightfully gave trash food 1 fork.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

a pipe smoking dog posted:

They review things very seriously then give it three and a half to four forks while saying wow

chip chip

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Every ep where rich guy writers give fast food zero forks are the best. I give sabarros zero stars, not nearly as good as Momofuku Ko, where I frequently go to support my friend David. David Chang? You heard of him?

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Wait actually the funniest was Mitch’s dickhead friend who’s ruined the Simpsons investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in Buffalo Wild Wings as the result of his dough boys ep.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Matt Lindland posted:

Every ep where rich guy writers give fast food zero forks are the best. I give sabarros zero stars, not nearly as good as Momofuku Ko, where I frequently go to support my friend David. David Chang? You heard of him?

Yeah, basically every ep where this overly specific thing happens is the greatest. haha you fuckin weirdo

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Shut the gently caress up bitch.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

There was the time where someone bit on a piece of metal and chose that establishment in order to turn the podcast into an angry Yelp review about that incident, which was a pretty bad episode.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There has only been 2 episodes that I've started and couldn't finish because of the guest.

Bobby Lee and Leslie Arfin.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I don’t even remember the Leslie Arfin one, what was wrong with it?

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

She was a rich writer who complained endlessly about fast food, the thing that never happens.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bobby lee is great but yea leslie arfin was a real, real bummer.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i'm real upset about the fast food podcast as well

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

little munchkin posted:

i'm real upset about the fast food podcast as well

Hmmm yes we should definitely be talking about not this podcast in the Doughboys podcast thread.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I went to Denny's for the first time because of the podcast and I loved it. I legitimately give it five forks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

denny's owns. i am very pro denny's. they have an above average club sandwich and a pleasing chicken noodle soup. also, breakfast.

when i used to get blackout drunk professionally, denny's was very nice about me being a crazy person there. 5 forks.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
doughboys has changed my appreciation of chain food. I would love them to come to Australia and review our chains. I also feel equipped to give every new gimmick junk food product a Snack or a Whack

Edit: specifically, I want to hear their take on The Coffee Club, Red Rooster, Guzman y Gomez and the Australian branches of hungry jacks, taco bell, and maybe mccafe. There's also a local cafe chain that I think is just in brisbane that has like legit 60 things on their menu, everything has a unique and incomprehensible name without any logic to it, and it makes me furious when I drive past

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Doughboys come to the UK and eat a cheeky nandos or a Greg's sausage roll