Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

The roadside hero for me was Commander Keen.

It's really frustrating to time the jumps with that pogo stick

You have to bend the rules of pogo physics or he keeps wiping out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The cat can't handle objective truth bombs :smug:

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ignimbrite posted:

those things that the godDURNED librals use

Can't believe I missed the name of the newspaper first time round. Well played

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Karate Bastard posted:

Lefties are so pathetically quick to cede ground to their moral opponents, like ew someone nasty used the letter e, now it's a hate symbol and noone may use it anymore no gently caress that noise.

Let's make the iron cross about acceptance I say! Sun runes for solidarity with others! Let's kek the gently caress out of forgiveness now who's with me????????????

Nazis have been using Norse runes and mjollnir and whatnot as white supremacist symbols for decades and I think it's super important we remember that most of the Norse gods were pansexual or gay so it really needs to be taken over by the LGBTQ community.

Spread the word. Norse symbolism is loving queer as hell.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nazis have been using Norse runes and mjollnir and whatnot as white supremacist symbols for decades and I think it's super important we remember that most of the Norse gods were pansexual or gay so it really needs to be taken over by the LGBTQ community.

I'm a tiwaz-sexual because I do it one-handed

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Randaconda posted:

lol if you didn't imagine your hand shooting a laser and you had to dodge obstacles

just lol

for me it was always imagining that a speck of dirt or something on the window was a little airplane, and by moving my head up and down i could "fly" it past obstacles like telephone poles and trees.

kids these days are probably not gonna have that any more because they just stare at smartphones the whole trip

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My dad always drove so slow that we were constantly getting passed by other cars. I pretended we were in a race and every time we got passed by someone, I would imagine someone on the other side of the freeway going the other direction was the guy who just passed us, and we were zooming past him again and putting him in his place.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

teapot is the core of my whole joke, not hitler

I assume you laughed your rear end off about npm blowing up the other day?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Sagebrush posted:

for me it was always imagining that a speck of dirt or something on the window was a little airplane, and by moving my head up and down i could "fly" it past obstacles like telephone poles and trees.

This. I did this on every road trip.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

suck my valknuts

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
My first road trip was summer of 1989, for my 8th birthday. Mom packed my present in the trunk to be given upon arrival: driving from LA to Canada...hell no, I brow beat poor mom into letting my have my present after day one, because it was a bright shiny new GAMEBOY. Turned my road trip into a nonstop gaming marathon. I didn't see any sights and could have cared less.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrleLDD8CJM

(for another hour in the eastern united states, at least)

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, back when pretending-to-run-the-powerlines-during-a-roadtrip chat was going, i wanted to share this, but couldn't get to my computer until just now:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yeah I would love a traditional mjollnir/beard/penis symbol based on heritage. But it's literally white supremacist depending where you go. Sucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sagebrush posted:

kids these days are probably not gonna have that any more because they just stare at smartphones the whole trip

Be careful talking about phones on this forum dude. People go loving bananas.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Be careful talking about phones on this forum dude. People go loving bananas.

smart phones are the new smoking, in every way that matters.

think about it

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Did anyone else pretend they were in the star wars trench run when their parents drove through a road cutting?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sagebrush posted:

think about it

Kids used to smoke on road trips while pretending to vault telephone polls at speed. This country...

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

think about it

At least smoking is social

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah I would love a traditional mjollnir/beard/penis symbol based on heritage. But it's literally white supremacist depending where you go. Sucks

In norse mythology no matter how big something was Thor could always take it.

Mjollnir is literally now the symbol for size queens. Pass it on.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1001870003677859844?s=19

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

aardwolf posted:

Did anyone else pretend they were in the star wars trench run when their parents drove through a road cutting?

Going through a tunnel at night = hyperspace

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Sagebrush posted:

I didn't think I would say this in this conversation but :same:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

PYF Macros & Memes Part 5: (this will backfire)

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

aardwolf posted:

I assume you mean when there's construction and they put up those concrete barricades on either side of the lane?

Then gently caress yes.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nuevo posted:

I assume you laughed your rear end off about npm blowing up the other day?

Npm is such a dumpster fire it just gets a sad head shake nowadays

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Azhais posted:

Not sure but I think it means if Nazis start using the loss meme we won't be able to use it anymore, so here's hoping.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:holymoley:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

:eyepop:

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

i called it move past and heil that's at least worth something isn't it!?!?1

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's exactly what lil RFC2324 did!!!!!!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:randvince:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Behold America's future.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Murray Mantoinette posted:

i called it move past and heil that's at least worth something isn't it!?!?1

hey man, randaconda ate a ban for the Martin Luther/Navy Seal crossover meme for antisemitism, so a probation for that wouldn't shock me.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I will gladly die for memes.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Murray Mantoinette posted:

I will gladly die for memes.

That's a lovely hill to die on

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

That's a lovely hill to die on

Less a hill and more a nasty, swampy pit.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Fix It posted:

hey man, randaconda ate a ban for the Martin Luther/Navy Seal crossover meme for antisemitism, so a probation for that wouldn't shock me.

nah, it was just a probation

a week, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Randaconda posted:

nah, it was just a probation

a week, though

Wait, which one of those was racist enough to warrant a week prob?

e: nevermind i just read the wall of red calligraphic text one