Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nah, the Warp Device is its own thing. You can't use them in two missions but it doesn't affect all the other game modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Weird my special offer just popped after buying only 3 of the 6 items. 10 dimension dust for 90 crystals. No idea if that's worth it as I haven't been paying much attention to T3 after seeing how grindy it is. I've got cap to 70 and 4x21 and haven't bothered with anyone else yet. 6 combat records, 149 cosmic cube fragments, 367 dimension dust and 274 titan components just doing ultimate prox twice a day for the last couple weeks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its not. You get 10-20 for each WBU clear. The Cosmic Cube Fragments are the only ones that are really hard to get. And maybe the records but that seems like a wash since you're probably gonna get 10 of those before you get 800 of the Fragments.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I got offered a Titan Combat Record for something like 1750 crystals.

The one I'm looking for is the Rank 5 Black Anti Matters which they sell for less gold than it costs to convert Rank 1 BAM to higher ranks.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I've only got enough crystals for 1 uniform right now. Which one of the new ones is best? Likely not Scarlet Witch, since she's only at 2 stars and I'm taking my sweet time with leveling her.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

The one I'm looking for is the Rank 5 Black Anti Matters which they sell for less gold than it costs to convert Rank 1 BAM to higher ranks.

Really? The shop offered me a Rank 5 BAM but it was something like 1400 crystals. Interesting that it can be either currency.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got my first Warp Tokens and did a bunch of store reloads. Bought some bios just to see what the special prize was and it was like 100 BAM for a ton of crystals. That sounds like its useless. I ran out of tokens reloading and I probably got like 100 GUK and a couple of isos along with the bios. I guess that's not too bad.

I guess if instead of me checking in periodically as many times as I can in the day its just me checking every 6 hours or so and going on a shopping spree that's not that bad. Bios for gold is interesting but I'm not sure its worth it unless you happen to see someone you really want. Can just play WBI for bios at a lower "price" probably. But I guess I'll just have to give it a few days and see what patterns emerge.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

:lol:

I guess I'm glad I have him at 1*.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NmareBfly posted:

:lol:

I guess I'm glad I have him at 1*.

Same as HECK

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NmareBfly posted:

Bios in the lab now cost gold, not crystals. This could be big? But bios in general are way easier to get now and I assume paywalls will never show up.

I bought enough stuff in the lab to unlock the special offer once and I got a CTP of patience offer for the low low price of 6750 crystals. Uh. Perhaps not.

If you're the type of whale who buys the store packs to try to get CTPs or premium cards then that price is worth it. It's "only" 10 buys of the 10 pull chest from the real store, and if you buy that thing 10 times then on average you only get 1 random CTP or whatever

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, this Scarlet Witch costume is way awesome. I went with Rocket over Star Lord as Rocket is my favorite Guardian, but I'll probably get Star Lord next. Certainly before Black Dwarf or Hulkbuster.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Thor has 2 eyes on the loading screen

Hilarious!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The reddit seems really pissed off about the new shield item shop for some reason? I got like 300 bios from it today so it seems pretty good to me!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It really sucks. I just realized I'm burning way too much money on 100% warp missions and just rolling through lab item shops with little reward. Also I am never going to unlock the special item.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Special item seems like it's awful unless you are a turbowhale so Im not too concerned about it. Unless that one guy wasn't joking about getting higher rank BAM from it for cash.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Even rank 1 BAM for cash is pretty useful

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Zokari posted:

The reddit seems really pissed off about the new shield item shop for some reason? I got like 300 bios from it today so it seems pretty good to me!

Yeah being able to buy bios there for gold is nice.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Has any feedback come from the community about any of the new costumes being must-haves? I don't desperately need any of them but if any are like Bucky I'll invest. I guess WBU progression is my main goal in life now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm about 50/50 on the SHIELD Lab

The bad part is that people used to use the Shop to buy small purchase items in small quantities that could add up if you did it regularly through the day. If you hit the lab enough you could rack up tons of GUK, EXP chips, isos, gear, etc. That option is kind of gone.

The good part is that Shop is no longer really about the "small items" and now offers much better stuff. The bios are one thing but I picked up a couple of 6* isos and a 5* card for gold yesterday. I've also seen Chaos stones and 3-4* Urus on sale.

So ultimately it seems like the old way of just racking up stuff with diligence is gone but now the Shop is a place you should check to see if you can get a really nice item for gold. Its a change and it will hurt people's established patterns, but its not strictly seeking a "bad" one, IMO.

The other side is you can spend a LOT of gold real quick between the Warp and Shop so that's another thing people are going to have to adjust to.

The Special Item seems all crystals so its probably a wash for most of us. But I did get offered something like 40 Cosmic Cube Fragments for 300 crystals or something. It wasn't worth it to me but that along with multiple CTPs do seem like something for whales and people flush with crystals.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I spent 45m over the last two days, I just wasn't really paying attention and took Strange's costume to Mythical and also dumped as much as possible into the store.

Oh well, back to nothing to really spend it on.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The Dave posted:

Has any feedback come from the community about any of the new costumes being must-haves? I don't desperately need any of them but if any are like Bucky I'll invest. I guess WBU progression is my main goal in life now.

I ended up getting all of them but Hulkbuster and have given everybody a spin in WBU and Shadowlands so far. If you're focusing primarily on WBU progression then Scarlet Witch and Ebony Maw are going to give you the best returns. SW can breeze through the Cull Obsidian stage and making her even more powerful than before can help you with those higher stages. Maw is great not necessarily for his damage or as a primary attacker, but for the uniform bonus that gives 25% increased damage to and 25% decreased damage from universals to all allies, so a great support with a great leadership.

War Machine gets the biggest power boost from the entire bunch of unis in terms of going from useless to great - but it's still not as extreme as Bucky. He's a solid Proxima clear or a backup attacker and can easily clear whatever SL stage you throw at him. Rocket and Star Lord are 100% usable in Shadowlands now as main stage clearers which is a big jump in power for them.

Cull Obsidian is a really good uniform but I probably won't be using him for WBU unless they expand it to 10 entries a day. He's fantastic in SL now though. I don't have Hulkbuster yet but the consensus is he's near the bottom.

Strange you may as well just buy while it's cheap. It's slightly better than his movie uniform.

I don't know about Timeline because I've just been autoplaying that for about a year now.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What are these Dimension Tokens for again?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

What are these Dimension Tokens for again?

More pulls at the Item shop, really not worth the gold sink unless you are swimming in gold imo.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
nvm I got it.

Wilmott Snipes fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 1, 2018

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Why does Ant-Man have a series of achievements for every 5 levels? Just curious if anyone knows, I don't see that anyone else has that.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

bagrada posted:

Why does Ant-Man have a series of achievements for every 5 levels? Just curious if anyone knows, I don't see that anyone else has that.

He was the first character released that was a Big Deal. I forget the details since it was like 2 years ago, but I remember he was OP and defined the meta for awhile.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

The Dave posted:

Ebony Maw is the best costume from the bunch and incredibly good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat, Cull Obsidian Ultimate is an rear end in a top hat. I can pull off three wins with him at 9 with Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, and Strange but like I've had to put Cable with Witch becuase neither can seem to avoid dying and I've failed with Strange 3 times today already (although the first two times were him not doing enough damage, I threw Shuri on his team, and the last one he just got one hit killed so that was probably me being careless and frustrated).

But drat. I don't see how I'm ever going to get much above 10 with him. And I have way less energy hard hitters than I realized. I imagine there's some kind of trick to him I haven't figured out like Proxima's 11 and 5 skills you just have to avoid, but I can't even see what's going on most of the time.

edit: That being said I'm mostly fine with getting 3 wins on him because it leaves the other 2 to go work on Corvus. And if I can get him to 10 I guess that's as good as I've gotten with Proxima at 18 since I've never noticed a clear change in rewards from 10 to 18. But still. I hate Black Dwarf all over again.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 2, 2018

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I don't understand whales. Someone on Reddit was asking for advice on gearing out their new Jean Grey, after starting the game a week ago. How much had they spent to get Jean so quickly? "Not much, about £800." :shepspends:

Hope you end up actually enjoying the game, guy!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jesus christ

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

That makes me feel a lot better about spending money to get Emma. :stare:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Tony Stark crystal daily is the only one I buy

Been thinking about grabbing a 20bio sub for a month

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I've grabbed the bio sub 3 times and a Stark Stash each time. I'll buy another sub when there's 2 or 3 characters to grab with it. I figure that's a pretty solid price for a game I get this much play out of compared to what I pay for console games or movies or streaming services or whatever.

But I can't imagine what the gently caress is going on through the minds of people who buy those $50 packages and poo poo. Like, wow. You and I have different life priorities or there's a lot of really wealthy players of this game.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I think I've grabbed the bio sub 3 times and a Stark Stash each time. I'll buy another sub when there's 2 or 3 characters to grab with it. I figure that's a pretty solid price for a game I get this much play out of compared to what I pay for console games or movies or streaming services or whatever.

But I can't imagine what the gently caress is going on through the minds of people who buy those $50 packages and poo poo. Like, wow. You and I have different life priorities or there's a lot of really wealthy players of this game.

Um. I’ve done it a couple of times while drunk/high :homebrew:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess I should have said if you buy them often or something. Like its probably not something I'll ever deem a justified expense but I could see someone saying "I'd spend $50 on a console game I play less than this" or something like that. Its the same basic logic I'm doing for all these smaller purchases adding up. Its when that all those bigger ones add up and those huge numbers that like... I like the game but I don't like it THAT much.

I assume these in game phone games pret on some kind of psychological issue to be #1 at completely inconsequential things or something. Because like the second i realized I can't win Timeline without spending a bunch of money I said "Ok, that sucks but whatever" and stopped caring. But I guess there's some people who can't turn that corner.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
In my mind if I spend £1 for every hour I put into a game it's ok value. So CoD for £40 that lasts 6 hours is a terrible deal, but I easily spent a couple hundo on Marvel Heroes which was an awful game but I had about 800+ hours in it.

For a laugh, you can ask ICR how much he spent on that terrible dead game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was looking at the wall of DVDs and blurays I own last night and putting together a rough calculation of how much money was actually spent on that... so I'm not actually judging. We all waste money in our own ways to stay sane.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m not sure what’s more embarrassing, spending $50 on this game or playing it everyday for two years.

Personally I think I’ve just bought the Stark Stash 3x. Never did the bio sub and now that I don’t need any of the characters they would have to do something wild like a really cool Xman for me to do it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I buy the starks stash as it seems to be worth it so far, as they have put out a lot of good costumes. I only get the bio subs when there's someone I actually want. So as soon as I finish off Colossus I won't have any.

None of the sub only character really grab me right now. I guess I could get Carnage or Kid Kaiju but, eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I just want my goddamn tier2 Agent Venom