Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT

TEKKEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

Imagine the biggest shrug and Jim face to the camera you’ve ever seen

And then imagine the hugest Majima heat action to that stupid face as it gets broken into a rift between time and space

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

homeless snail posted:

that's also a BD mechanic, not surprisingly considering who's working on octopath, but loving with order and number of turns has been a popular mechanic in jrpgs for awhile

Grandia is the grandmaster of turn fuckery but that may not be the best for someone looking for a simple RPG. You almost feel bad for some Bosses that don't have multiple parts, just eating Criticals and Tensenken Slashes like chumps.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I also just wanna say that as far as 3DS RPGs go, I really really like 7th dragon III, but also its definitely not for anyone looking for story over mechanics. that game is just a hodgepodge of weird poo poo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:lol: apparently in the PS4 version of the Street Fighter Collection, if you press the home button in the middle of an online match, it instantly disconnects you, essentially giving the game a rage quit button that is also easy to accidentally press.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The Colonel posted:

TEKKEN

This game is awesome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

:lol: apparently in the PS4 version of the Street Fighter Collection, if you press the home button in the middle of an online match, it instantly disconnects you, essentially giving the game a rage quit button that is also easy to accidentally press.

Haha

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's a weird thing with the madworld/anarchy reigns soundtracks where there's all these nerdy white guys in the comments that are like "finally...good hip hop"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu9WfqJGoPc

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I’m charging up my 3DS. I think it’s been 2 years since I turned it on.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo, that's funny. I got a 3DS a few months ago and drat I can't get enough of it.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Suikoden series has very simple combat for the most part I think thats a pretty good intro to the genre as long as you play with a recruitment faq

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Housh posted:

I’m charging up my 3DS. I think it’s been 2 years since I turned it on.

Isabelle gonna have words.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So a Fallout online survival game. When will devs understand they can just make a PvP game right away because the only survival aspect in "MP survival games" is "how much stuff will I lose when some OP player kills me while I try to build my first fire"?

Well, another game I can ignore.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I always do a double take when Americans talk poo poo about Little Caesars, cause we have a small completely unrelated chain here of the same name which is real good. They recently changed to Little C's probably to avoid the association. Or copyright maybe.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Little Ceasers is pretty tasty cardboard. Mike Ilitch was a solid dude, tho.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Little Caesar's was never great pizza but it was definitely better before the point where it had to cost $5 no matter what.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It must be sick to live in a place with more than two big pizza chains.

There was a third one called Eagle Boys but I don't know where they are anymore.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i lived in new haven and there was a place called da legna's and it was good. yosh

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I forgot there was an updated Radiant Historia so if you want to dust off your 3DS do it for that.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I only crave pizza when I want to eat garbage anyway so Little Caesars owns for me.

If a place has nice pizza they probably also have Calzones and Stromboli which are both far superior to Pizza.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I started Bravely Default yesterday and had to immediately Google how to switch to Japanese because that English dub :holymoley:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It must be sick to live in a place with more than two big pizza chains.

There was a third one called Eagle Boys but I don't know where they are anymore.

They got bought out by Pizza Express here.

Which I mean cool, Eagle Boys gave me food poisoning twice. loving horrid place.

lordfrikk posted:

I started Bravely Default yesterday and had to immediately Google how to switch to Japanese because that English dub :holymoley:

Mrgrgr.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So the excised portions of Agony have shown up on YouTube for all your interactive baby-killing and succubus-raping needs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

can't believe Bloody Boobs already has an HD remake

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

So the excised portions of Agony have shown up on YouTube for all your interactive baby-killing and succubus-raping needs.

What

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Exactly what I said. No I'm not linking.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Grandia is the grandmaster of turn fuckery but that may not be the best for someone looking for a simple RPG. You almost feel bad for some Bosses that don't have multiple parts, just eating Criticals and Tensenken Slashes like chumps.

Grandia has one of the best JRPG battle systems for sure. Other games have some elements of it (Trails seems like turn-based Grandia, Child of Light is Grandia but without movement) but nothing’s quite like Grandia.

I should replay the first one sometime. Something tells me it holds up the best.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Play Breath of Fire 3 or 4, imo.

Like not even necessarily directed at the poster looking for RPGs, just play them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Child of Light does let you move around Igniculus in real-time, which ends up being important toward manipulating turn order. Some of those late-game battles end up being more like math problems.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Like not even necessarily directed at the poster looking for RPGs, just play them.

Hell yes. BoF4 is incredible and has one of the best villains in games ever.

I think I like BoF4 more in general though 3’s dragon gene system is a lot of fun.

If anyone’s new to BoF, save Dragon Quarter for when you’re ready for the deep end. It’s a fantastic game but really different and idiosyncratic.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I wish Capcom would update the ports and put them on PS4 / PC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcom fucks up everything tho

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Real hurthling! posted:

I don't know, theres scuttlebutt they're doing something with the Outbreak games! (Dies inside knowing it wont happen)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

outbroke the game

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Summer was always about fighting games and now all I want to do is play JRPGs.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh don't worry I am well aware of how Capcom fucks everything up and kills good franchises.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Oh don't worry I am well aware of how Capcom fucks everything up and kills good franchises.

It's cool how they re-released Darkstalkers 3 as a lovely port with no advertising and it sold like buns so they said "Well guess nobody likes Darkstalkers enough to justify a new game lol"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

TEKKEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw4gbmqQ3cM

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu1mvuhc6cw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBAyP5VliSg

Man what the gently caress was with those ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Crossposting
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1002203786574614533?s=20
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/31/playstation-e3-experience-2018-live-in-theaters-june-11/
Ugh, WAY fewer places this year so even if there's one close to you, good luck actually getting tickets

• Locked thread