Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

.TakaM posted:

if you have a perfect destiny knot ditto like me, breeding competitive pokemon is brain dead simple, once you start going for egg moves or ability & nature combinations it starts to get complicated.

Surprised how many of you don't seem to really care about online battles and trading, without online features it sorta makes the whole game seem pointless to me

Getting a perfect IV ditto is for all intents and purposes impossible without hacking so that’s a pretty major first step

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Not knocking you tho, I do the same thing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
^^I have a perfect IV Ditto but I traded for it so odds are it was hacked, I don't care (I love it)

Kikas posted:

Remeber that you need like 2 with the hidden ability for good competetive evos :science:

explain. so far I'm just aiming for amenable natures for the different evos, and while I'm not especially interested in doing competitive (see below) if it's not too much of a hassle I may as well go for it

.TakaM posted:

Surprised how many of you don't seem to really care about online battles and trading, without online features it sorta makes the whole game seem pointless to me

the online competitive stuff seems so opaque to me. it seems like you just cross-reference a bunch of spreadsheets and then do what they output, and if you don't play according to the prevailing wisdom you don't seem to have a chance. I totally understand why that would be fun to some people, but I'm not looking to invest that much effort. why haven't they introduced a tiered match-finding system (like battle.net used to have when I played WCIII) that would match you up with an opponent of similar skill level, or introduce a level handicap where the standard is lvl 50 and it goes up or down depending on how great or lovely you are

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dehry posted:

The Sinnoh remake is likely not coming until after the 2019 Pokemon game so she has some time left before they replace her with a doppelganger or give her the Kris treatment.

This is actually how they're doing remakes from now on. Please await for 2030's release of Pokemon Let's Go Riolu and Pokemon Let's Go Heatran to revisit sinnoh.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Just play on smogon if you want competitive or get hacked mons, the boring grind to get good in game mons is not worth it. Pokémon are just tools for battle.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

green's original design from the manga is the best girl design.

her name, is blue

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Ruggington posted:

her name, is blue

Also, the rival's name works better as Green because going by the Japanese names of the town/badge, Green was basically the Gym Leader of Green Town and gave out Green Badges in GSC.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
As opposed to Viridian City?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

As opposed to Viridian City?

The joke doesn't work when Green is named Blue and the Green Badge is called the Earth Badge, is more what I was getting at.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ROFL Octopus posted:

Getting a perfect IV ditto is for all intents and purposes impossible without hacking so that’s a pretty major first step

I for one enjoy having the 100% optional sliding scale of "how much is too much" that the single player pokemon games have. If you could breed Dittos that'd be one thing, but for me personally getting a 6IV ditto vs spending literal days of playtime trying to catch one (and no chance of any intermediary "I'm making progress") was the point where I drew the line of "lol nope".

I also caught/bred/traded every non-mythical 'mon in my living dex legitmately and now that I'm staring down a 1.5 year wait, I'm unironically considering going back through and seeing how many of them I can replace with full egg move + hidden/event ability ones.

It's me, I'm Lusamine with a library of cryo'd pokemon :negative:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

SILVER posted:

Just play on smogon if you want competitive or get hacked mons, the boring grind to get good in game mons is not worth it. Pokémon are just tools for battle.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Anyway I genuinely enjoy the breedgrind, especially because switching things up to optimize as you breed gives me something to do when I'm breeding for shinies.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

indigi posted:

^^I have a perfect IV Ditto but I traded for it so odds are it was hacked, I don't care (I love it)

explain. so far I'm just aiming for amenable natures for the different evos, and while I'm not especially interested in doing competitive (see below) if it's not too much of a hassle I may as well go for it

the online competitive stuff seems so opaque to me. it seems like you just cross-reference a bunch of spreadsheets and then do what they output, and if you don't play according to the prevailing wisdom you don't seem to have a chance. I totally understand why that would be fun to some people, but I'm not looking to invest that much effort. why haven't they introduced a tiered match-finding system (like battle.net used to have when I played WCIII) that would match you up with an opponent of similar skill level, or introduce a level handicap where the standard is lvl 50 and it goes up or down depending on how great or lovely you are

Kinda surprised i’m the first one to respond to this but...online matchmaking is tiered and you are matched with people at your skill level

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

If I learned anything from this and Game of Thrones is that every leak posted on the internet is right and true and should be believed immediately without questioning

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 31, 2018

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also it's hilarious how after 2 years of Niantic crapping on their pants and eating glue papa Nintendo had to come and bail their asses out with these games

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

If I learned anything from this and Game of Thrones is that every leak posted on the internet is right and true and should be believed immediately without questioning

wow you can actually see the eevee on the hat in the top screen shot, i never even noticed that detail

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

lezard_valeth posted:

Also it's hilarious how after 2 years of Niantic crapping on their pants and eating glue papa Nintendo had to come and bail their asses out with these games

I finally managed to actually boot the game (spoiler alert: apparently "having the apple watch app" installed may cause pogo to spontaneously crash on boot until you uninstall it), I forgot how fun it is to have your phone feel like it's going to spontaneously combust after a couple minutes of staring at a person on a screen

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Waffles Inc. posted:

Kinda surprised i’m the first one to respond to this but...online matchmaking is tiered and you are matched with people at your skill level

Yea, on both showdown and actual Sun/Moon there is matchmaking (both use MMR).

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

lezard_valeth posted:

Considering Go is usually 3rd or 4th highest grossing game on the Google Play store, I don't think they really needed "bailing" out. Lots of people still play (and spend money on) the game. There's never going to be anything like the insane rush when it first released, but the idea that it's a dead game barely hanging on just isn't true. PoGo still isn't great, but at least they have regular events and stuff now.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I'm not even that into competitive battling (my doubles team is 6 Lapras with surf and water absorb :banjo: )
I just like leaving my 3DS online sometimes to let people initiate a battle or trade, I don't really care if I win or lose- although I have no respect for anyone that uses ferrothorn or forretress.

So for me, it's not really about the competitive side of the game so much, I just have a few friends that are still into trading and battles and it's much more convenient to have the option of connecting online

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 31, 2018

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ziddar posted:

Considering Go is usually 3rd or 4th highest grossing game on the Google Play store, I don't think they really needed "bailing" out. Lots of people still play (and spend money on) the game. There's never going to be anything like the insane rush when it first released, but the idea that it's a dead game barely hanging on just isn't true. PoGo still isn't great, but at least they have regular events and stuff now.

Niantic still hasn't introduced loving trading into their own drat game yet; Big Daddy Nintendo had to step in some months ago to confirm 'oh yeah it's still happening', they've absolutely had to bail them out.

There are still a metric ton of players who are dying for that core mechanic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hopefully gym battles don’t work the same cause I absolutely HATE the tapping and swiping to dodge poo poo. HATE it. It contributed a lot to killing the game for me cause I just hated to process of gym battles

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Does Go still suck to play outside of a big city, or did they add more pokestops and increase the pokemon spawn rates outside of cities?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Parrotine posted:

There are still a metric ton of players who are dying for that core mechanic.

The biggest core mechanic that I want from Pokemon Go that has yet to be implemented is "gameplay"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Macaluso posted:

Hopefully gym battles don’t work the same cause I absolutely HATE the tapping and swiping to dodge poo poo. HATE it. It contributed a lot to killing the game for me cause I just hated to process of gym battles

Yeah this. I don't know if it had to do with my phone, my cell phone provider or just the early game being poorly optimized but most often than not gym battles for me would result in the the time ticking down while the game freaked out trying to figure out what the hell to do.

e: some sites are talking about how unfortunately timed the trailer was, being released on the same day the father of the child who was hanging from a balcony in Paris was arrested cause they found out he had left him alone to go play Pokemon Go

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 31, 2018

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It looks like the Pokemon Gold and Silver Spaceworld Demo was found by TCRF. There's a 4chan thread on /vp/ right now with someone posting images.

https://twitter.com/sanquii/status/1001430563478233090

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Bleck posted:

The biggest core mechanic that I want from Pokemon Go that has yet to be implemented is "gameplay"

Same here. I remember the first week or so when my friends were all about going downtown or to the park to walk around and catch Pokemon and it was super fun for those few days, but it quickly turned into, 'Is this it?'

I know Gotta Catch'em All is the tagline but I've always been much more into battles (not competitive, just in-game), exploration, and the stories than trading or completing the Pokedex so the game didn't so much deflate as collapse at that point. Trading or battles might have saved it, but the former not by much and the latter not at all given how poo poo their system is. The fact that it's been years and they still haven't done either is kind of funny.

Just by having a world to walk around in, Let's Go is miles beyond Go. But for the sake of being able to carry around a Primeape in my pocket one day, I'll probably give Go another try. It already seems like a better experience than back then what with what seems like a quest system, daily rewards, and an improved UI over-all, but it still seems to lack a concrete hook beyond throw balls at monsters.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

indigi posted:

Well it's simple, there are 2 eeveelutions that get the most mileage out of having their hidden ability, and to do so, you need an Eevee with Anticipation. The two are Espeon (Magic Bounce) and Sylveon (Pixilate). However obtaining legit HA Eevee is now a bit of a pain in the latest gen. The easiest might be to go to ORAS and chain combo for them.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's no rom linked here from what I can see as of this posting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B5epMdm1Wcvh33qFABpw-SO76uZt6WNSl0UsD5yq_dI/edit#gid=1698423844

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtgGjZk5sTc

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Dehry posted:

It looks like the Pokemon Gold and Silver Spaceworld Demo was found by TCRF. There's a 4chan thread on /vp/ right now with someone posting images.

https://twitter.com/sanquii/status/1001430563478233090

holy gently caress

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a baby pokemon or evolution for pretty much all of the original 151 in the files. Baby Paras. Farfetch'd evolution. Baby Tangela. Baby Ditto. Baby Meowth.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Baby Ditto would just be a smaller Ditto.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Holy poo poo, look at that baby Doduo.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i cannot wait for the rest of the sprites in this doc to get filled out this is loving insane

e: oh wait they were all there it just wasnt loading for me. look at these dudes!!!!!!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Well, that explains Umbreon's poisonous sweat.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

rom's out!!!!!! https://tcrf.net/Proto:Pok%E9mon_Gold_and_Silver

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

i cannot wait for the rest of the sprites in this doc to get filled out this is loving insane

e: oh wait they were all there it just wasnt loading for me. look at these dudes!!!!!!

drat, theyre not loading for me either, how did you fix that?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i just refreshed

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

There was a baby vulpix. I just. Vulpix is my favorite pokemon. i would have loved this. why did Ninetales have to have such poor stats :negative:
Edit: also explains the dex entries about it's number of tails changing throughout it's lifespan

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Kikas posted:

drat, theyre not loading for me either, how did you fix that?

I opened it in Chrome instead of Firefox

I really want that shark!