Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
For best results, affix to running conscript.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

Booyah- posted:

Is there a web app for making those colorschemes?

Found it on a reddit thread! Here you go friend! Just open in paint and color away!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/...tent=t1_dzsirdz

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I feel like the gray you have is going to be a hard color to paint as a beginner; you're going to basecoast, shade, and highlight, and end up with models that look really similar to unpainted plastic. That'd be really frustrating. I think the black is a better way to go. The turquoise here (I think it's Sotek Green) also looks pretty good, though I think a less saturated blue than your image would look nice as well. I think your idea of a colored bolter casing is a better idea than the black one in this image. The silver eagle and red as pop colors will probably work better than the yellow, as that seems a little too overwhelming. I think your idea of colored inside shoulder pads and black borders is better than the ones in this image.

Going with Imperial Fists is a good idea with that backstory. I use Crimson Fists for my Rainbow Warriors and like it, but if you're going all Primaris there's not much difference if you don't have the birthday Captain.

I like the idea of a dark grey but I think you're right. The black makes the colors pop more, perhaps I could roll with white for the squad leaders for more of the "more apothecaries than normal" vibe. And on second thought I think you are right about the yellow being a bit too intense.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I had an alert set for Bitzbox to let me know when the arquebuses were back in stock. I quickly log in after getting a notification, add the 3 to my basket, quickly check what base size they need to be, and they are already sold out. Fucksticks.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Thanqol posted:

I think D-Scythe wraithguard with Quicken are good. Just deploy them on the table, use the stratagem to auto advance them 6', and then use Quicken do it again. That moves them 22', plus the 8' threat range means you can hit anything within 30'. It's not even less efficient than deep striking because you get back that CP you were going to spend anyway.

Hey buddy

You use ' for inches when it's " and it trips me up when you post about rules

:eng101:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

General Olloth posted:

Hey buddy

:same:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Oh I just read that as "Deathwatch Kill Team" like an idiot. I think someone brought up before that those boxes were just the regular Vanguard Vets box + a Deathwatch upgrade sprue, so that's how you have to buy them now.

I see. Good thing I've got a couple heavy thunder hammers from my kill team boxes.

I'm thinking a squad not unlike the one posted above. Drop in, try to smash poo poo, defend with the shield.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

General Olloth posted:

Hey buddy

It's like: how much more never-saw-spinal-tap can he be? And the answer is none, none more never-saw-spinal-tap.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Lungboy posted:

I had an alert set for Bitzbox to let me know when the arquebuses were back in stock. I quickly log in after getting a notification, add the 3 to my basket, quickly check what base size they need to be, and they are already sold out. Fucksticks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-...p0AAOSwHBdbDZNJ

Seems a little pricey but they're available at least.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MasterSlowPoke posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-...p0AAOSwHBdbDZNJ

Seems a little pricey but they're available at least.

More like trans-your-anus at that price, ammirite?

:v:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the trick to buying gw poo poo in the us is to wait until ebay has a 10-20% off coupon to stack on top of the usual 15%, which makes the price actually reasonable

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
At least the bits are a thing that are sold from time to time. I keep running into situations where I need a specific bit for a conversion that is probably unobtainable outside buying the whole model.

My current issue is that I'm tempted to buy the Nurgle Demon Prince just so that I can cut the sword off for use on my Nurgle Demon Prince conversion.

It's no wonder I cant afford juice...

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Has anyone ever tried making a Chaos Sisters of Battle army?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

It's like: how much more never-saw-spinal-tap can he be? And the answer is none, none more never-saw-spinal-tap.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the trick to buying gw poo poo in the us is to wait until ebay has a 10-20% off coupon to stack on top of the usual 15%, which makes the price actually reasonable

Where do those coupons show up?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
My buddy is thinking of picking up Renegade and 2 Armigers to use with his scions. Idea seems to be a crusader/avenger and a paladin plus two warglaives, then using gatling tauroxes + scion squads for volume of fire. Any thoughts on a list like that?

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

How much is too much when making a "soup" list? I'm thinking of building a 2k escalation league list made of three detachments I'd like to have for my primary DA army (custodes bike outrider, BA battalion with jump pack / THSS captain/ lib dread and scouts, and a guard battalion with Las/plas infantry and 3 mortar teams). Is this too ambitious / greedy? I do somewhat forsee CP issues.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

chutche2 posted:

My buddy is thinking of picking up Renegade and 2 Armigers to use with his scions. Idea seems to be a crusader/avenger and a paladin plus two warglaives, then using gatling tauroxes + scion squads for volume of fire. Any thoughts on a list like that?

IIRC the Renegade box doesn't contain the crusader sprue so he'll have to buy that separately. I've also been less than impressed with the RFBC, but he'll have melta covered by the armiger's otherwise I'd recommend an Errant. Maybe a Knight Warden instead?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Mef989 posted:

IIRC the Renegade box doesn't contain the crusader sprue so he'll have to buy that separately. I've also been less than impressed with the RFBC, but he'll have melta covered by the armiger's otherwise I'd recommend an Errant. Maybe a Knight Warden instead?

It only has one upgrade sprue, so one avenger cannon. So either a warden or crusader for the first knight. He was thinking with the various extra parts he could bash together a left arm cannon because he'll have doubles of the thermal cannon and RFBC.

Basically waiting for the helverin stats to decide if he goes for meltas on the armigers or meltas on the knights.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

AFAIK all they changed in the Renegade rerelease is the terrain, which means it comes with one Paladin and one Warden (i.e. two Knights and one upgrade sprue).

I'm genuinely tempted to pick it up despite already having the previous one so I can have 4 of the 'medium' Knights for a reasonable price :)

EDIT: Some previews for Relics and Freeblade stuff up - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/31/imperial-knights-building-your-champion/

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Where do those coupons show up?

The ebay app, probably 4ish times per year.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BigRed0427 posted:

I've never seen it done without being cheesecakey (and awful) or tryhard edgelord (and awful) or both.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who is starting a Deathwatch army and needs shoulder pads? I have a bunch left over that i'd be happy to donate, provided you post photos of them after they're painted.

No bare plastic nonsense.

BigRed0427 posted:

The model they previewed would work pretty well for a Slaanesh army provided it was subtle and not over the top nakedness. I think minor adjustments to the iconography and small horns would be cool.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 31, 2018

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Corrode posted:

My shop are selling the Renegade box for £96. I was umming and ahhing over it but at that price point it's basically a 2 for 1 on the Knights plus free terrain so gently caress it.
Vanilla knights are the least appealing to me; I've always wanted several Cerastus variants and they look great with the new rules. But buy one get one free plus terrain is really hard to pass up. Someone please talk me out of it. Please.

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm not sure that's a thing, outside of teenage slaaneshi fanfic too cringey to even be read out on the Badcast.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

xtothez posted:

Vanilla knights are the least appealing to me; I've always wanted several Cerastus variants and they look great with the new rules. But buy one get one free plus terrain is really hard to pass up. Someone please talk me out of it. Please.

I'm not sure that's a thing, outside of teenage slaaneshi fanfic too cringey to even be read out on the Badcast.

Literally nothing is too cringey to be read on the Badcast.

Hail Satan

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Many, many years ago I toyed with the idea of building a Sisters Order that had gone over to Malal. The idea was that in their zealotry to wipe out all Chaos they became so radical that they fell over the edge and started listening to the Chaos-god-who-hates-Chaos, Malal. I was going to call them The Daughters of Malice:

Unfortunately the big problem is that this paint scheme may look decent in a paint program, but it looks terrible on an actual model. The Sisters sculpts don't have the big, flat surfaces that Marines have that make split schemes possible. As it is, you end up putting a ton of work into a model only to have it look like you painted a regular Sister with an odd white arm and leg.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

xtothez posted:

No, don't, think of how ashamed your mother would be of you if you bought the Renegade box.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

xtothez posted:

A small sister's detachment done up as a 80's punk band opening for the emperor's children would be rad... but that aspect of slaanesh is dead, r.i.p., killed by titties

IIRC, one book, I can't remember, I think said that most sisters who fall to chaos end up with Khorne because of the way they've been indoctrinated to fight as fanatics.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The freeblade tables sound fun for friendly games. Gonna roll twice for MAXIMUM GALLANTRY. That would also make an excellent Knight name.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

xtothez posted:

Do it. I've already given in so I'm taking you down with me.

Also come to BIG in August and play some 40k!

On the subject of Knights I am very fond of this as a WT:

gently caress you, lascannons/Basilisks/Manticores.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

How separate are the bits for the IK claw/fist from the rest of that upgrade sprue? Could you build a Gallant and a Crusaider from the renegade box?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

Hail Satan

Goddamn, what is this Primaris killer?

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Giant Isopod posted:

IIRC, one book, I can't remember, I think said that most sisters who fall to chaos end up with Khorne because of the way they've been indoctrinated to fight as fanatics.

The only Sister who has fallen in canon is Miriael Sabathiel, who fell to Slaanesh:

Which is sadly predictable; apparently old GW thought women = sex, thus Slaanesh. Personally I prefer the Khorne idea.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I went to school with the child of missionaries and he led an extremely sheltered life until he went to university, got a taste of freedom and did every substance he could get his hands on.

I feel like sisters falling to slaanesh would be similar :v:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Goddamn, what is this Primaris killer?

As if the world needed more ways to easily kill Primaris Marines.

Why do they cost more than 3 Guardsman again?

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 31, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

I plan on doing something similar. I have two Warglaives and if I add a Crusader do it that's 1000 points under the current rules.

Does the Renegade box come with two Stormspear missile launchers, or is that on the upgrade sprue?

EDIT: Looks like it doesn't. drat.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 31, 2018

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dexefiend posted:

As of the world needed more ways to easily kill Primaris Marines.

Why do they cost more than 3 Guardsman again?

They're very tall

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

BigRed0427 posted:

Give them Corpse Paint and replace the red and gold with ???? and steel, there you go.

Basically the Zaulia from Brutal Legend, but with clothes on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Serotonin posted:

Yeah I picked up Forgebane cheap from Jim. Definitely in.

Not sure if this is banned chat but I know recasters sell the knight weapons separately, which seems like a good option to magnetise

eBay wants $20 for the Stormspear alone which is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This guy makes some awesome bits for Knights, including missiles.