Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

8.11 notes. This is the one with all the wild marksman changes, and is also the one where KhaZix finally stops being a permabanned motherfucker. Really interested in seeing how the changes shake things up in bot.

Unsurprised but brokenhearted to see Ultimate Hat move from Sorcery to Domination. Ultimate Hat + Transcendence felt like a beautiful combo for bruisers who wanted to dip into the sorcery tree. Not sure what the best secondary on Yorick is gonna be now. Precision, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Sexpansion posted:

Best splash in a long time

That's a good looking Rammus

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Vermain posted:

8.11 notes. This is the one with all the wild marksman changes, and is also the one where KhaZix finally stops being a permabanned motherfucker. Really interested in seeing how the changes shake things up in bot.

Wait what, wasn't there a massive marksmen rework like, 1 year ago or something? When Kog'maw temporarily had double attack-speed, and they gave Cait the stupid long range headshots, and they gave Graves the silly autoattack he has today, and a bunch of other things? How many times do they need to rework an entire role?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dancer posted:

Wait what, wasn't there a massive marksmen rework like, 1 year ago or something? When Kog'maw temporarily had double attack-speed, and they gave Cait the stupid long range headshots, and they gave Graves the silly autoattack he has today, and a bunch of other things? How many times do they need to rework an entire role?

That was november 2015 lmao

Supports as a class get reworked every year and junglers twice as often

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It was like 3 years ago when they ruined Graves

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rest in peace, sweet princess.

May you throw another rock in the afterlife.

Seriously, Taliyah's entire thing was 'push fast then roam'. Now her pushing is awful and her roaming has probably been nerfed. Now what is she supposed to do?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Seriously, Taliyah's entire thing was 'push fast then roam'. Now her pushing is awful and her roaming has probably been nerfed. Now what is she supposed to do?

throw rock

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Hellioning posted:

She'll stay in the "too good in pro play" dumpster with Azir, Elise, and Kalista.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Rip Kalista :(

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The marksman changes are pretty neat. I’m surprised that they didn’t buff the life steal tune though. I wonder if that will be weaker now.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Maybe lll get to jungle Urgot! It’s like a dream come true. I did it once when things got confused in blind pick, it was very bad.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
did anyone pay attention to that city champs thing that floats around from time to time

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I already miss the old placement of ultimate CDR in sorcery, who exactly is nimbus cloak designed for?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I already miss the old placement of ultimate CDR in sorcery, who exactly is nimbus cloak designed for?

Lucian

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Sivir, or basically anyone who wants to close the gap when using their ult.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I wish I could play the new patch. Going on vacation but inshallah draven is not permanently banned when I return.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

nimbus cloak is Swain: The Rune

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Swain, Vlad, Rakan, Fiddlesticks, Viktor...there's probably a lot more I'm missing but it's insane on those ones.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Is there a cooldown on the nimbus cloak effect? It could be brutal on Darius and pyke

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

henkman posted:

It was like 3 years ago when they ruined Graves

I think Old Graves is what finally broke my desire to play this game and quit way back in the day. Glad he’s gone. Rest in piss.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Old Graves was fantastic and few things felt better in bot lane than pairing Graves with Leona and just completely destroying the opposite lane at 6

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Siets posted:

I think Old Graves is what finally broke my desire to play this game and quit way back in the day. Glad he’s gone. Rest in piss.

What the f

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
old graves is literally the same but without his autoattack gimmick so uhhh

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

old graves is literally the same but without his autoattack gimmick so uhhh

Old graves had 100(!!!) more autoattack range and his q was very different. Quickdraw also had an insane attack speed steroid and you could keep the bonus up in long team fights with the reduced cd on auto attacks. He's a completely different champion.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Firebert posted:

Old graves had 100(!!!) more autoattack range and his q was very different. Quickdraw also had an insane attack speed steroid and you could keep the bonus up in long team fights with the reduced cd on auto attacks. He's a completely different champion.

This. He was tank as gently caress compared to other ADC at the time and his steroid meant he won basically every trade you tried to engage him in. It was awful to deal with if you didn’t like playing as a plus-size cowboy rear end in a top hat for your team’s ADC.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hot take: I like the autoattack gimmick.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Old Graves was basically Lucian.

As Lucian is awful and I never want to see him, I am happier with New Graves.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hows the new pudge

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Nightgull posted:

Maybe lll get to jungle Urgot! It’s like a dream come true. I did it once when things got confused in blind pick, it was very bad.

:hfive: Urgot buddy. I've been basically playing nothing but Urgot lately, the changes look pretty good for him.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

TheTofuShop posted:

:hfive: Urgot buddy. I've been basically playing nothing but Urgot lately, the changes look pretty good for him.

Heck yeah! Just got home, going to make me some mongolian stir fry, then I will play another couple games as my homeboy the 'Got and get 30. Then it's time to jump into ranked. Have all those marksman changes I've just read about gone through? Should be interesting then.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

swain? diana?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
New Graves sucks extremely hard and I want old Graves back. New Graves is the worst gimmicky garbage.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
His design is cool but being the second most popular champion in the entire game... folks I’m bored of Malcolm

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m spending my entire day Moving instead of Feeding as Pyke and I’m not happy

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
graves is cool but he needs to stop being a loving jungler. ad midlaner rework

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

Verviticus posted:

graves is cool but he needs to stop being a loving jungler. ad midlaner rework

Cool Will Ferrell from Zoolander avatar. I don’t remember the quote in your title, though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wish he wasnt a jungler now. I bought him when I wanted to branch into adc and then they announced his rework and I never play him anymore :(

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Nightgull posted:

Cool Will Ferrell from Zoolander avatar. I don’t remember the quote in your title, though.

its trevor linden and someone gave it to me after i asked him a rude question

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I assume Nimbus Cloak does literally nothing on Elise and Jayce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That actually seems like something that would require experimentation as an interaction no-one at Riot thought about.