Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

TheScott2K posted:

New dock completely the same as the old dock, just with a soft surface on the part that touches the front of the screen

They can’t do that because it exposes them to liability for people’s switches getting damaged on the old dock. They would need to make more changes as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

New dock completely the same as the old dock, just with a soft surface on the part that touches the front of the screen

As a matter of fact, I lightly taped a microfiber cloth to the front of my dock for this. It doesn't magically clean my screen or anything but certainly makes it cosier and eliminates one potential scratch factor

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The dock doesn't actually touch the Switch's screen, not even if you deliberately tried to press the system forward. There are plastic guides that hold the system back, and those only touch the matte on the sides of the screen.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Huxley posted:

You know what game I think would make a bajillion dollars on the Nintendo Switch?

Trails in the Sky Remastered and Complete Edition with all three chapters. Everyone keeps asking, "What's the best SNES/PSX RPG on this thing?" And the answer forever would be Trails in the Sky Remastered and Complete.

Same, except the Crossbell games so they finally have an excuse to localize them

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

New dock is old dock but in different colours with designs on them like special 3DSes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Well first thing is adding at least another USB port if nothing else. With more peripherals coming, you can’t really have Ethernet connected and those peripherals. It could be as simple as that. Alternatively they can be adding docks that hold a charge and therefore don’t need to be plugged into power themselves. That could be dope.

There's only so much bandwidth you can run through a single port, so I'd actually doubt another USB port would be added.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I haven't confirmed myself, but I believe USB hubs work on Switch, if you need more ports

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq72sNQrsHE

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Folt The Bolt posted:

It also established itself to be a console where it is relatively smooth to port games that come out on PS4 and XBone to it.

I wouldn't go that far yet since theres been numerous problems with some third party ports and theres still a question as to what games the system can even run. It's nice when the time and effort is put into something like Doom or Wolfenstein 2, but they seem to be the exception at the moment.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

new dock flashes what time it is

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Manky posted:

As a matter of fact, I lightly taped a microfiber cloth to the front of my dock for this. It doesn't magically clean my screen or anything but certainly makes it cosier and eliminates one potential scratch factor

I just got a dock sock from Etsy. :10bux: and it has Windwaker Link on it. :3:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
The dock is easily the console’s biggest weak point and could be improved in a number of ways.
New dock features that could be nice:

1. dedicated network port
2. more USB ports
3. integrated battery
4. No dumb piece of plastic covering the screen which would allow for...
5. button that lets you swap between HDMI out to Switch’s display, and...
6. the ability to pack it in a suitcase without worrying about bending or breaking that useless, retarded piece of plastic
6. crazy idea: the dock itself having one or multiple game cart slots the Switch could read and play games directly from so you wouldn’t have to worry about cycling cartridges all the time if you like to buy physical

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 31, 2018

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

GreatGreen posted:

The dock is easily the console’s biggest weak point and could be improved in a number of ways.

1. dedicated network port
2. more USB ports
3. integrated battery
6. the ability to pack it in a suitcase without worrying about bending or breaking that useless, retarded piece of plastic
6. crazy idea: the dock itself having one or multiple switch game cart slots the Switch could read and play games directly from so you wouldn’t have to worry about cycling cartridges all the time

I mean, it's included with the system. So long as it plugs into my TV and my wall, it's fine. This would be good for maybe a premium dock.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

GreatGreen posted:

I'm pretty sure this won't ever happen on a 1st party dock.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A dock that increased power would be cool.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

A dock with classic controller ports galaxy brain

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Is it breaking advertising rules if I mention that this game that I worked on is out on Switch today?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/smoke-and-sacrifice-switch

Core team of 4 devs so we're kinda proud of it. :shobon:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Japanese cover art for Little Dragon's Cafe

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Maugrim posted:

Is it breaking advertising rules if I mention that this game that I worked on is out on Switch today?

It sure is pretty.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Another game just launched on the American eShop, Pure / Electric Love "What do you want?" - Eri Kitami -

The weird thing is, it's not in English. It's just the Japanese game in Japanese, but now available directly from the American eShop

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Spellman posted:

A dock with classic controller ports galaxy brain

Oooh I like this one

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Another game just launched on the American eShop, Pure / Electric Love "What do you want?" - Eri Kitami -

The weird thing is, it's not in English. It's just the Japanese game in Japanese, but now available directly from the American eShop

Man oh man, that store page could not possibly be any better.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
^ :catstare: ^

nopantsjack posted:

the xbone is really the only platform that doesnt have any

This is mostly because Microsoft considers PC their platform as well

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sirbeefalot posted:

Man oh man, that store page could not possibly be any better.

Romance pseudo-talk game
In this work, fetish cosplayer 'Eri Kitami' is a welcome otiyuki blog, please tell her with hyper deadly tension! What?

Rotation in a good sense! While being healed, make the brain gear turn at super speed with maid, bondage etc, gallery image, movie!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

GreenNight posted:

It sure is pretty.

Yeah it's gorgeous. Seems absolutely worth a look. Sell it to us in a couple sentences?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Romance pseudo-talk game
In this work, fetish cosplayer 'Eri Kitami' is a welcome otiyuki blog, please tell her with hyper deadly tension! What?

Rotation in a good sense! While being healed, make the brain gear turn at super speed with maid, bondage etc, gallery image, movie!

I am ready for some Fighter horn blowing

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: make the brain gear turn at super speed with maid, bondage etc,

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Yeah it's gorgeous. Seems absolutely worth a look. Sell it to us in a couple sentences?

Yeah, sell it to me

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Most of the reviews compare it to Don't Starve, which was a big inspiration for us, but it eschews some of those hardcore survival mechanics like sanity/hunger in favour of having an actual story. The narrative drives exploration so base-building isn't really a thing, it's more about foraging, crafting your way up the equipment tree and finding out what's going on in the world.

Caveat - the biggest complaint from reviewers has been the lack of autosave system, as you have to save manually at save points. It's also not the most forgiving game initially and most people die a lot while learning its ins and outs.

Wow I suck at the hard sell don't I

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
New dock has wiimote ports so you can use the NES Classic/SNES Classic controllers, and one fewer USB as a result. Also you get a place to stash a coiled HDMI cable.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheScott2K posted:

New dock has wiimote ports so you can use the NES Classic/SNES Classic controllers, and one fewer USB as a result. Also you get a place to stash a coiled HDMI cable.

says who

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
New dock has an N64 cartridge slot. Nothing happens when an N64 cartridge is inserted into it. When asked, Nintendo simply replies it is for "cartridge media." A future revision removes the slot.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

So with some testing, it seems like update 5.1.0 fixed the issue where the system would heat up on standby with an ethernet adapter plugged in. Which I think also means that issues with other devices have been fixed too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Japanese cover art for Little Dragon's Cafe

:eyepop:

Uh, what's this game about again?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Maugrim posted:

I'm gonna check this out when I get paid tomorrow, partially because I appreciate a mum showing up in the era of video game dads.

Also, anyone have a trip report for Songbringer?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

I hope the old guy afraid of the titbeast on the right features prominently

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Romance pseudo-talk game

someone help this poor woman dying of high blood pressure

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

You run a cafe and raise a dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4Rh_cSUds

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I finally got around to trying the Sushi Striker demo, and the story is exactly the kind of stupid I like from a game like that. The gameplay is neat, and probably plays better with the touchscreen than a controller, so I'll probably end up picking it up at some point. Give it a go if you haven't yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

SpacePig posted:

I finally got around to trying the Sushi Striker demo, and the story is exactly the kind of stupid I like from a game like that. The gameplay is neat, and probably plays better with the touchscreen than a controller, so I'll probably end up picking it up at some point. Give it a go if you haven't yet.

I was stone cold sober when I tried the demo and I had trouble moving the cursor to select sushis. I was not a fan but the game seems cool if only it controlled better. I didn't think to try the touch screen. I should give it another chance.

• Locked thread