Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Yay, I have box art! My illustrator turned this in recently and my graphic designer had a quick turn around on it. This is the game I have the booth at Gen Con for and the one we are going to have a pin for. What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I really like it! Great artwork and colors!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I like bees!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

nesbit37 posted:

Yay, I have box art! My illustrator turned this in recently and my graphic designer had a quick turn around on it. This is the game I have the booth at Gen Con for and the one we are going to have a pin for. What do you think?

I'm stoked! What's the asking price for it going to be? Also, I'm assuming you will have copies for sale at your booth?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Do I want to know why your goony bee game is 14 and up? :ohdear:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Toshimo posted:

Two words: Royal Jelly

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

nesbit37 posted:

There iare no spaceships, zombies, or Cthulhu on it so PASS!

Actually, that looks pretty loving sweet.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Does it have fukken cubes?

Or bee-shaped meeples?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Does it really take a half hour per player? I'm not sure I can play bees for two full hours with three other people. :ohdear:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

You should be making shoes not games. HARD PASS.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Slimy Hog posted:

You should be making shoes not games. HARD PASS.
Nesbit37 last name be like

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

What's the site for registering stuff for the auction?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Thanks all!

Slimy Hog posted:

I'm stoked! What's the asking price for it going to be? Also, I'm assuming you will have copies for sale at your booth?

Not entirely sure yet. I am hoping the MSRP will be $40, but its going to depend on manufacturing costs which I am still working on quotes with. Rule of thumb for board games is the MSRP should be 4x-7x whatever it costs to make the game.

I won't have copies for sale, we're kickstarting it in the fall (most likely early September) so Gen Con is our last big in person outreach push. I should be selling games by Weird Giraffe Games at the booth as we have a tentative agreement for me to do that since they don't have a booth. I'll also have these cute little enamel pins for $10 so you can support the game before the kickstarter if you feel so inclined.

Toshimo posted:

Two reasons. The first is, unlike most bee games, this one isn't aimed at kids. Its a worker placement and resource management game intended for people who like Euro games. The second reasons is legal. If you say your game is for anyone 13 or younger and ship it to Europe you have to actually have it tested and proven its good for those ages. That costs money I don't want to spend. This is why a lot of games have a higher age limit than you really need to be to play them. If you aren't planning on selling in Europe the same rules apply then its for 12 years old and younger.

Toshimo posted:

Does it have fukken cubes?

Or bee-shaped meeples?

It does have cubes! I hope you like cubes, because the game is going to come with 108 of them. It also is coming with bee related meeples. Here are some prototypes:

Dr. Quarex posted:

Nesbit37 last name be like

My last name did that the first time someone asked me to make them a pair of shoes in kindergarten.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

nesbit37 posted:

Two reasons.
And here I was hoping it was because your bee game also had birds.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I Can't Bee-life We Only Know Summer!

I'm sorry for this joke, i will buy a pin from you

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

SirPhoebos posted:

What's the site for registering stuff for the auction?
http://livegameauctions.com/PreRegSite/ though the main site seems to still be reading like last year. But the dates in the pre-registration section are right.

nesbit37 posted:

My last name did that the first time someone asked me to make them a pair of shoes in kindergarten.
Ah yes, when you learned you had the power to mystically turn people into socks, in a cruel twist of fate.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

If I was trying to find 4e games, is there any way to filter games by edition?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Download the current event list spread sheet from the below link. In there is a column for rules edition and you should be able to filter it there if there are any 4e games (I'm on my phone and cant check).

http://www.gencon.com/downloads/events.xlsx

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I know it's a bit over 2 months out, but I'm so loving excited already. And I have Origins to go to before this!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Who else is going to Origins? I'll be there showing off Bee Lives and giving interviews. I have like 4 or 5 booked now and just want to do MORE!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

OgreNoah posted:

I know it's a bit over 2 months out, but I'm so loving excited already. And I have Origins to go to before this!
YESSSSSSS

We should organize monthly Gen-Con re-enactments like those Civil War people

Which basically means we rent out a giant space and walk around acting star-struck and then get drunk and/or pass out face-down from the mere exertion of walking

nesbit37 posted:

Who else is going to Origins? I'll be there showing off Bee Lives and giving interviews. I have like 4 or 5 booked now and just want to do MORE!
For the third year in a row I am going to say I cannot possibly imagine how I would end up there and hope that Life Finds A Way once more to get me there despite not thinking I am able to go and not even really wanting to go

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Dr. Quarex posted:

We should organize monthly Gen-Con re-enactments like those Civil War people

Which basically means we rent out a giant space and walk around acting star-struck and then get drunk and/or pass out face-down from the mere exertion of walking

Passed out at Gen Con or...?

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug

nesbit37 posted:

I'm there for the whole show. I have a lot of events the first couple days and con virgins coming on the weekend, but definitely will be looking for late night games with friends / goons / whoever is randomly walking by.

Edit: Also looking forward to checking out Bee Lives

mkultra419 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 28, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

nesbit37 posted:

It does have cubes! I hope you like cubes, because the game is going to come with 108 of them. It also is coming with bee related meeples. Here are some prototypes:

Why are we not calling these beeples?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oh I totally call them beeples. Listed that way in the rulebook, too. I have this fear that people are confused by anything that isn't immediately the same as something they already know so try to make the leap in name change gradually to beeple instead of just trusting they will get it. Pretty dumb on my part it is what it is for now.

mkultra419 posted:

I'm there for the whole show. I have a lot of events the first couple days and con virgins coming on the weekend, but definitely will be looking for late night games with friends / goons / whoever is randomly walking by.

Edit: Also looking forward to checking out Bee Lives

Yay! I'll definitely be there and down for shenanigans and games if I don't have a meeting or playtest going on. There must be more Origins goons around.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

They don't allow you to have beeples in here.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So Anita Sarkeesian was announced as a guest and the red-pill tears will never stop it seems.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

So Anita Sarkeesian was announced as a guest and the red-pill tears will never stop it seems.

I've been having a wonderful time annoying the neckbeards on facebook.

quote:

"i'm refunding my badge!"

"buddy, you're not an airport, you don't have to announce your departures"

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

Who? And why do people hate her?

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
It's easily googleable: she does feminist video game analysis. You can imagine how well that goes over.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anita Sarkeesian is a woman who made a short series on Youtube that gave a fairly surface level feminist analysis of games. This prompted a fairly large and vocal backlash that involved a lot of threats of violence and the occasional bomb threats. I don't think there's a good "Why" except people are trash

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

There's a facebook thread about it in the official gencon group and it's hilarious. So many doofuses trying to "take a stand" or something.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Link us so we can all laugh and thumbs up Deviant's snark

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Enjoy incel tears goons!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/genconindy/permalink/10155796661456902/

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Useless for those of us not on Facebook, sadly.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
You can still view the thread and comments without an account, you just can't post anything.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Dammit man I stopped reading the incel thread here for a reason.

For serious, I noticed that spending a nonzero amount of my free time reading about truly lovely people just made me feel worse in general.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
my favorites

quote:

Whelp... Skipping a year is officially justified. Thank God I didn't have the cash for a ticket this year.

Gen Con is becoming a political soap box the past few years. It used to be a safe space for gamers of all creeds, race, sex, and political beliefs.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

quote:

"Do we need someone who blatantly just makes up facts and uses spurious reasoning that has been debunked multiple times? No, we do not." - I agree, we do not, which is why I'm glad they got Anita Sarkeesian rather than someone who does that.

super_slam.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

drat! I'm sure happy that I have nothing to do with video game culture; it looks like it's a cesspool.