Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Hellebron's initial army is a comical anti-infantry blender. You've got Hellebron, who is quite possibly the deadliest combat lord in the game and rocking a +20(!) bonus vs infantry, a Death Hag, a unit of Executioners, and a unit of Sisters of Slaughter, plus the assorted T1 dark elf chaff. You can basically put each of your four unique units on an enemy unit and expect it to come out the other side.

You can also end battles really quick because if Hellebron gets her hands on the enemy lord the enemy lord is pretty much guaranteed to die in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Bone Giant for TK are also in now.

Looks like it was part of a GW Steam sale. Both TW:W games are discounted as is all the DLC(Except for the new one).

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
I’m stuck at work but i’d kinda like to see screens of the Bone Giant if it’s actually in.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Glade Guard might be bugged, they no longer fire on the move in my game. Waywatchers and Deepwood Scouts still do. Would anyone be so kind and confirm/deny ?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Barent posted:

I’m stuck at work but i’d kinda like to see screens of the Bone Giant if it’s actually in.

It is in friend:

I chose this as the image because holy poo poo

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just a casual Norsca minor settlement garrison

(That mammoth is not mentioned in any of their garrison building descriptions btw)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Gejnor posted:

It is in friend:

I chose this as the image because holy poo poo

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is there any way for the game to remember that I have installed the Free DLCs so I don't have to click the "Click to show" button every time?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

New Norsca confederation mechanics are kinda cool. Beat up the enemy warlord in battle, gobble up their entire tribe. But I'm not sure what the point is of giving the player 3 options when two of them are false choices.

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Norsca is live in ME now

Edit: fb

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Bloody hell I hate this patching system. I have more than enough space for the entire game again but it's still saying there's not enough disc space. So just gonna uninstall and redownload the whole game again tonight I guess, what a pain in the rear end.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

The Bone Boy

Feels good to play as Norsca again

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
I'd be really interested to hear if CA is using only publisher type QA still or if they have moved on to the more modern in house embedded Developer QA type model, because god drat they really seem to be missing easy to find issues for such a huge waterfall type release cadence. Not that this specifically means QA missed the bug, but somewhere there is a huge breakdown in communication between QA -> QA leads -> Producers because I'd bet my pinky that some of these are already in their jira/whatever else they use. I find it really hard to believe that someone didn't find the RoR issues with wulfrik during like the first day of playtests, assuming that everything norsca was undoubtedly a high priority testing item.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

spamming turns waiting for the sword of khaine, it got drawn but somehow got... undrawn? so I'm just sitting here as helebron for 24 turns I guess

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
ok i did not remember wulfric's start being this hard. i need some pointers, thread: what's the general game plan early on as wulfric norsca? my special units all seem terrible. the wolf chariots don't seem to do much and my skinwolves just lost a one-on-one to a unit of marauder spearmen, so i'm at a loss here

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

thebardyspoon posted:

Bloody hell I hate this patching system. I have more than enough space for the entire game again but it's still saying there's not enough disc space. So just gonna uninstall and redownload the whole game again tonight I guess, what a pain in the rear end.

Yeah I have big platter HDs with a small SSD. You can tell steam to make a copy of the game on another drive for patching purposes now.

botany posted:

ok i did not remember wulfric's start being this hard. i need some pointers, thread: what's the general game plan early on as wulfric norsca? my special units all seem terrible. the wolf chariots don't seem to do much and my skinwolves just lost a one-on-one to a unit of marauder spearmen, so i'm at a loss here

Wulfrics early game IS very hard. Your starting settlements are extremely vulnerable to empire factions and your units suck balls. Focus on killing enemy faction leaders (to force confederation, make sure you demand ALL their cash) and raiding tactics.

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 31, 2018

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Ammanas posted:

Wulfrics early game IS very hard. Your starting settlements are extremely vulnerable to empire factions and your units suck balls. Focus on killing enemy faction leaders (to force confederation, make sure you demand ALL their cash) and raiding tactics.

ok, thanks. so basically turtle and raid until i get some better units?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

fargom posted:

I'd be really interested to hear if CA is using only publisher type QA still or if they have moved on to the more modern in house embedded Developer QA type model, because god drat they really seem to be missing easy to find issues for such a huge waterfall type release cadence. Not that this specifically means QA missed the bug, but somewhere there is a huge breakdown in communication between QA -> QA leads -> Producers because I'd bet my pinky that some of these are already in their jira/whatever else they use. I find it really hard to believe that someone didn't find the RoR issues with wulfrik during like the first day of playtests, assuming that everything norsca was undoubtedly a high priority testing item.

I know a couple guys who work QA at CA at their HQ in Horsham, they're always tight lipped about actual work stuff though obviously when I half jokingly ask about stuff like that. Yeah that stuff can't have been missed, maybe it's popped up very close to release because of some other change and they decided getting the patch out when they promised and fixing it later was a better look than delaying it again and out of May.

Ammanas posted:

Yeah I have big platter HDs with a small SSD. You can tell steam to make a copy of the game on another drive for patching purposes now.

Eh, done it now anyway, will only take an hour to download so whatever.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

botany posted:

ok, thanks. so basically turtle and raid until i get some better units?

Kind of. Use a baseline of cheap marauders (i like spearmen for higher MD and anti-large), have 4-6 javelins (these are probably your most useful units for the first 40 turns), use Wulfrics magic attack against enemy lines and always use him to hunt the enemy general. I personally disband the chariot, i loving hate chariots in TW games, and use the wolves to flank and hunt enemy ranged.

There was a trick to kill Suthra Elk and confederate the Varg in the first 5 turns from TW1, not sure if it still works. Your settlements are very poor, raiding should provide you with most of your income.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Also, spearmen are anti-large, and your Skinwolves are Large units, so they'll get torn the gently caress up by them.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Oh weird, I thought skinwolves weren't classified as large in TWW1?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Has anyone gotten any influence events at all as High Elves with the new patch?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

toasterwarrior posted:

Also, spearmen are anti-large, and your Skinwolves are Large units, so they'll get torn the gently caress up by them.

skinwolves are large?? poo poo i didn't realize that, that would explain the losses, thanks

Ammanas posted:

Kind of. Use a baseline of cheap marauders (i like spearmen for higher MD and anti-large), have 4-6 javelins (these are probably your most useful units for the first 40 turns), use Wulfrics magic attack against enemy lines and always use him to hunt the enemy general. I personally disband the chariot, i loving hate chariots in TW games, and use the wolves to flank and hunt enemy ranged.

There was a trick to kill Suthra Elk and confederate the Varg in the first 5 turns from TW1, not sure if it still works. Your settlements are very poor, raiding should provide you with most of your income.

ok tyty

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Yay TW Warhammer games are on a steam sale. Time to pick up TWW1 so I can check out the Dwarves (and ditch Vortex campaign for once).

Broken Cog posted:

Has anyone gotten any influence events at all as High Elves with the new patch?

Yes, constantly (on Vortex campaign).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Trogdos! posted:

Yay TW Warhammer games are on a steam sale. Time to pick up TWW1 so I can check out the Dwarves (and ditch Vortex campaign for once).

Yes, constantly (on Vortex campaign).

Huh, interesting. I'm playing as Alarielle on Vortex, and I'm 40 turns in without seeing a single one

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

How can I get the launcher to shut the gently caress up about the mods I'm running with its nag screen?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Xae posted:

How can I get the launcher to shut the gently caress up about the mods I'm running with its nag screen?

Uninstall the mods.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

i had forgotten the joy of playing norsca

Bardog
Nov 26, 2005
Norsca are fun as hell to play. Their climate suitability may need another pass though. Everywhere is green except for Gaen Vale in Lothern, The WE lands, Tomb Kings land of Araby and Lahmia who are all yellow. I haven't played enough to cehck if they have a system similar to what WE have for outposts but if they don't then it seems fairly broken.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Hmm, game crashes anytime I try to select one of the DLC/Norsca lords. Tried verifying cache but didn't solve it.

edit: nvm seems to have resolved itself

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 31, 2018

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Alith Anar Startin Tips:

You don't have a starting province.

No really, you don't. You have a loving albatross around your neck that will start an infinite number of wars and trigger every faction to seek you out and sack/raid it.

It can't be saved. Abandon it. Don't upgrade it. Don't invest in it. Conquer Quintex and let the Skeggi/Scourge/TirAnroc/Malekith/Lizardmen take it.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xae posted:

Alith Anar Startin Tips:

No really, you don't. You have a loving albatross around your neck that will start an infinite number of wars and trigger every faction to seek you out and sack/raid it.

It can't be saved. Abandon it. Don't upgrade it. Don't invest in it. Conquer Quintex and let the Skeggi/Scourge/TirAnroc/Malekith/Lizardmen take it.

I just mcmurdered any silly fools attempting to take it, its safe and comfortable now.

Also Marked for Death owns:

That 20 turn buff was Expert Charge Defence for everything!

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
God damnit 30 turns into legendary Vortex with elfqueen, there's a full stack blood voyage just chilling offshore doing jack poo poo not moving. Well, I guess it's keeping my single stack from doing anything useful (like sacking all the Norsca poo poo or murdering the idiots over in Saphery) because I just know the moment I move it's going to come.

Dicks.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo, Alith Anar is badass. It's like having a beastmen or Skaven army, but with good units! Every fight is a loving ambush!

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Xae posted:

Alith Anar Startin Tips:

I don't know, doing fine so far.

Actual tip: don't forget to trade ageement all of Ulthuan.

My biggest gripe is that Karond Kar has a unique building for DE but not for HE. Considering it's Alith's home they should have added something. I'm pretty sure at least 90 % of legendary lords get a unique building.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sekenr posted:

I don't know, doing fine so far.

Actual tip: don't forget to trade ageement all of Ulthuan.

My biggest gripe is that Karond Kar has a unique building for DE but not for HE. Considering it's Alith's home they should have added something. I'm pretty sure at least 90 % of legendary lords get a unique building.

Karond Kar isn't Alith's home.. thats Nagarythe, which hes left behind.. for now..

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Gejnor posted:

Karond Kar isn't Alith's home.. thats Nagarythe, which hes left behind.. for now..

Yeah, I know but still. Unique building in starting province would be nice.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Also cool: the performance on the campaign map has pretty significantly increased for me. (I'm on an RX480.) Previously it chugged along at maybe 30fps, but now it seems to at least be smoother than that.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lurksion posted:

God damnit 30 turns into legendary Vortex with elfqueen, there's a full stack blood voyage just chilling offshore doing jack poo poo not moving. Well, I guess it's keeping my single stack from doing anything useful (like sacking all the Norsca poo poo or murdering the idiots over in Saphery) because I just know the moment I move it's going to come.

Dicks.
So this blood voyage somehow isn't at war with me, which probably explains why it's doing nothing.

:confused:

Still paranoid that poo poo will go down the moment I leave though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hahaha Zach or Cody is Alith Anar