Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

thespaceinvader posted:

The title is not the important part. The fuckign 4 die primary which has no donut hole is the important part.

If the old one is anything to go on, the unique HLC turret cost 42 at a bare minimum on a lovely generic, remove the donut hole and that probably goes way up.

RIP Etahn Abaht, nobody loving knew ye.

Well, the donut hole is replaced by two empty arcs and not having PTL or an easy way to get actions while rotating the turret(so long as it doesn't have a gunner slot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Lone wolf is also garbage now and no Rey

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rey is gonna be Resistance faction.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Panzeh posted:

Well, the donut hole is replaced by two empty arcs and not having PTL or an easy way to get actions while rotating the turret(so long as it doesn't have a gunner slot)

And also no double reposition, plus the roll is red.

Dash is gonna be a lot easier to catch.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm not saying he's unbeatable.

I'm saying that in the context of this game, the YT2400 ought to cost a bare minimum of enough that you cannot get two of them in a list - ever. So, 97 points for the generic and 104 points for the cheapest named pilot, say.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Fuckin' lol that rebel Fenn is practically unchanged.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Devlan Mud posted:

Fuckin' lol that rebel Fenn is practically unchanged.

Isn't it stressbot, VI and hotshot copilot that break him? Without any of that he seems fine.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What annoys me so far, and this is my sole gripe from what I've seen and it has little to no bearing on the game, is that fuckin epic nobody Heffrey Tobber is still a U-Wing pilot.

Still no K2S0!

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

canyonero posted:

Speaking of hurting larger ships, the bulls-eye arc abilities all trigger easier against large (and medium to some extent) bases.

And as it's already been stated, we don't know if the YT2400 has a Gunner slot, or even a Crew slot for that matter. Or if it does have a Gunner slot, it could be removed if Dash is too good.
Remember that the app-only listbuilding also gives them the ability to cost upgrades differently depending on what ship you put them on. Or to outright ban specific upgrades for certain ships without necessarily remove the whole slot.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Yay, they really printed Caption Rex.

And if each conversion kit comes with one copy of Advanced Sensors that would be great!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone sold their entire collection to the FLGS. At least a hundred ships and all the bits and pieces. Snagged a Kimoglia and U-wing for $31. Hopefully the stuff I want sticks around for a bit.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

thespaceinvader posted:

The title is not the important part. The fuckign 4 die primary which has no donut hole is the important part.

If the old one is anything to go on, the unique HLC turret cost 42 at a bare minimum on a lovely generic, remove the donut hole and that probably goes way up.
Oh, they're literally just losing their mind over regular Dash, not Dash with the title? Wow.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm not saying he's unbeatable.

I'm saying that in the context of this game, the YT2400 ought to cost a bare minimum of enough that you cannot get two of them in a list - ever. So, 97 points for the generic and 104 points for the cheapest named pilot, say.

It's less that he's not unbeatable and more that it looks like he's going to have a pretty loving hard time doing anything resembling Old Dash whatsoever.

You can choose to either:

1) get zero repositions or dice mods and move your mobile arc (at Initiative 5, so not even top tier; there is no VI; you can absolutely arc dodge a motherfucker)
2) Get exactly one reposition that gives you stress and no dice mods or arc movement
3) Get a focus or target lock with no reposition and no arc movement.

Remember that the YT-2400 does not have a forward arc primary. It gets mobile arc and nothing else, same as the Falcon. Ships that have Forward + Other arc have them both printed on the card. It also doesn't get a range 1 bonus, so at range 1 it's shooting at Tie Fighter strength.

The YT-2400 is pretty good if you can keep distance and maintain firing arcs without any repositions at all so you get at least some kind of dice mod; and pretty vulnerable to literally everything if you can't.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

AndyElusive posted:

What annoys me so far, and this is my sole gripe from what I've seen and it has little to no bearing on the game, is that fuckin epic nobody Heffrey Tobber is still a U-Wing pilot.

Still no K2S0!

Not only that but all the U-Wing pilot abilities are still terrible! :argh:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

It's less that he's not unbeatable and more that it looks like he's going to have a pretty loving hard time doing anything resembling Old Dash whatsoever.

You can choose to either:

1) get zero repositions or dice mods and move your mobile arc (at Initiative 5, so not even top tier; there is no VI; you can absolutely arc dodge a motherfucker)
2) Get exactly one reposition that gives you stress and no dice mods or arc movement
3) Get a focus or target lock with no reposition and no arc movement.

Remember that the YT-2400 does not have a forward arc primary. It gets mobile arc and nothing else, same as the Falcon. Ships that have Forward + Other arc have them both printed on the card. It also doesn't get a range 1 bonus, so at range 1 it's shooting at Tie Fighter strength.

The YT-2400 is pretty good if you can keep distance and maintain firing arcs without any repositions at all so you get at least some kind of dice mod; and pretty vulnerable to literally everything if you can't.

If (and it's a big if) the YT2400 has a Gunner slot, then Gunner Luke allows you to point the turret at the start of combat, while still taking either a reposition or a dice modifier as your actual action. This would be good, but still have counterplay.

If it has crew slots on top of that, it can take something like 3PO, Lando, or Perceptive Copilot to get multiple modifiers. That scares me. The combo of both gets you multiple mods and perfect positioning of the turret. If this the case, it better cost a bazillion points, because there's not much counterplay there.

If it DOESN'T have both a Gunner slot and a crew slot, I really don't have any problem with it as presented. One 4-die attack with minimal modifications is gonna melt to any decent jousty list and be dodged by nimble ships.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Lots and lots of ships are staying the same or getting better. The YT-2400 is getting objectively worse. Not sure what you want.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I'm slightly bummed out that A-Wings didn't keep their Test Pilot title, but hopeful that maybe they can just baseline have 2 pilot talents. Hard to say until we have the app I guess.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

E-Wings.....good????

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Uh Prockets base 5 dice and go out to range 2 now. Bullseye only, but still... A wings good??

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

The Gate posted:

I'm slightly bummed out that A-Wings didn't keep their Test Pilot title, but hopeful that maybe they can just baseline have 2 pilot talents. Hard to say until we have the app I guess.

I feel pretty confident that A-Wing aces will get 2 EPT slots.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

OniPanda posted:

E-Wings.....good????

hoiyes posted:

Uh Prockets base 5 dice and go out to range 2 now. Bullseye only, but still... A wings good??

Pretty much everything looks good because dials are no longer poo poo in general and there's basically no ship that can evade 3-4 damage a turn endlessly.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Theres no way a YT-2400 deserves to be over 100 points...even Dash. People are seriously misremembering what wave 1-3 was like. 4 dice with a focus or naked if you need to roll is over half your list? Get real.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
A lot of the current evaluations seem to be using the new stats in the old system and most recent meta too. That's not exactly an ideal way to evaluate things.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

Theres no way a YT-2400 deserves to be over 100 points...even Dash. People are seriously misremembering what wave 1-3 was like. 4 dice with a focus or naked if you need to roll is over half your list? Get real.

Umm classic dash was like 58 points for a long time and people paid the price willingly because he was a monster. I don't really consider Dash to have been nerfed in any way for 2.0, losing two arcs for dice in the donut is probably an even trade, and the new outrider title is bloody good. Furthermore, they're really cranking up the premium on ace-level pilots. Maybe Leebo will be sub-100, but if you expect the new Dash build to be less than 100, you're going to be disappointed.

I think people are expecting him to have a Gunner slot, which will put his power curve to the stupid level, something like Bistan on him would just be dirty. I hope FFG has adhered to the fluff on this one, as apparently dash ripped out the Gunner position to fit the cannons and they're controlled by Leebo in the cockpit.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

hoiyes posted:

Umm classic dash was like 58 points for a long time and people paid the price willingly because he was a monster. I don't really consider Dash to have been nerfed in any way for 2.0, losing two arcs for dice in the donut is probably an even trade, and the new outrider title is bloody good. Furthermore, they're really cranking up the premium on ace-level pilots. Maybe Leebo will be sub-100, but if you expect the new Dash build to be less than 100, you're going to be disappointed.

Yes people paid 58 points because (at one time) you got 58 points worth of a power boost that made him good. Other ships are getting their old upgrades baked in i seriously doubt theyre points are gonna skyrocket that high

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hoiyes posted:

I think people are expecting him to have a Gunner slot, which will put his power curve to the stupid level, something like Bistan on him would just be dirty. I hope FFG has adhered to the fluff on this one, as apparently dash ripped out the Gunner position to fit the cannons and they're controlled by Leebo in the cockpit.

Classic dash was a ship that got 3 actions, two of which could be repositions(large ship boost+BR has a ton of travel), had a huge swath of powerful shooting capability.

This dash gets.. one action the covered area of its arcs is a lot smaller- if it still had the donut hole and the arcs as it is, it'd be very difficult to work with.

People are going crazy because they think it's gonna be super dash.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Panzeh posted:

Classic dash was a ship that got 3 actions, two of which could be repositions(large ship boost+BR has a ton of travel), had a huge swath of powerful shooting capability.

This dash gets.. one action the covered area of its arcs is a lot smaller- if it still had the donut hole and the arcs as it is, it'd be very difficult to work with.

People are going crazy because they think it's gonna be super dash.

Yeah, people are misremembering how fast Dash dies if he did get cornered and shot at by a list. Yes, he hits hard, but without being able to run away across half the table in a single turn, he's going to get burned down fast as hell by a smart player.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The Gate posted:

Yeah, people are misremembering how fast Dash dies if he did get cornered and shot at by a list. Yes, he hits hard, but without being able to run away across half the table in a single turn, he's going to get burned down fast as hell by a smart player.

My first three months were against a bunch of superdash/Fat han style lists and i got really used to hunting him down(this was before Kanan, but the Kyle Dash was extremely action efficient and he could still turn a 2-straight into a weird banky-side slip.

If you can get shots on the fatties, they go down.

Honestly, i'm kinda feeling like Leebo-threepio might be pretty bonkers if that's possible.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

hoiyes posted:

And the Falcon has mobile arcs, which have nothing to do with its fluff and were only really related to one ship in Rebels that actually did have a turret controlled by the pilot.

The YT-2400 should get gunners because the stock ship had them and it makes sense mechanically.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yes people paid 58 points because (at one time) you got 58 points worth of a power boost that made him good. Other ships are getting their old upgrades baked in i seriously doubt theyre points are gonna skyrocket that high

For sure those points are getting baked in as well though. Also, I should clarify that I mean a basic Dash build will be over 100, not the pilot with nothing else.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
As someone who flew super Dash a lot, losing the boost + BR is going to hurt, a lot. I'm hoping the Outrider title is able to make up for it a little bit, but only being able to BR (and a red, at that) is going to make it tough to optimize the Outrider bonuses the way I would want. Oh, and the BR is super restrictive on where you can place, now, so there's that, too.

If anything, I think they're going to have to adjust points down, which could be fun if I can run a fat Dash + Leebo list, but I don't think it would be at all competitive. I feel like any kind of well-piloted ace list would dismantle it.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Just to make sure I'm not confused, the YT-2400 only has one arc now right? It can just be adjusted to point in different directions with an action? Whereas some other turret ships have two arcs, a permanent forward arc and a mobile turret arc?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

flightless greeb posted:

Just to make sure I'm not confused, the YT-2400 only has one arc now right? It can just be adjusted to point in different directions with an action? Whereas some other turret ships have two arcs, a permanent forward arc and a mobile turret arc?

All large ships with turrets have two opposing mobile arcs, including the YT-2400. The only exceptions are the Shadowcaster which has a single mobile arc and a permanent forward arc, and the JM5k with only a single mobile arc.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Do we know what can be done with calculate tokens besides effects from cards?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
you can spend one to modify a single 👁 result on attack or defense. They're like crappier focus, but there's opportunity to stack them which kinda evens out.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Had a good tourney today. Flew 2 Wookies and Strezra.

Highlight thought is that the flgs owner picked this up for me and another friend who run the X-wing tournaments.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Crashed out at top 64 from Euros.

But gently caress you all I brought Sunny loving Bounder to top 64 at Euros.

I had a really great time on Friday, enjoyed the cosplay side of things on Saturday, thennn... made some risky plays on Sunday and this didn't pay off. I got super lucky to even get where I did, which was 26th. I had lower MoV than about 3/4 of the 5/2, and lowest of all the 6-1.

And I have seen the 2e rulebook!

And got a selfie with Alex Davey and the 2e rulebook.

A good weekend all told, but I'm feeling a bit flat after crashing out against a list I had a decent chance of beating.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Talk on the town is 98 point base for Dash, with crew and gunner slot. Luke gunner apparently 30 points!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Talk on the town is 98 point base for Dash, with crew and gunner slot. Luke gunner apparently 30 points!

Yeah. The big google doc over at Reddit was updated with a bunch of info.

Luke gunner is 30 points
Dash is 98 base, has both gunner and crew
Outrider is 12
Base defender is 72 (I think), you definitely can't get 3
You should be able to get 3 E-Wings
Ezra gunner is 14
Miranda is 45, has both gunner and crew
Basic wookiee is 46
Han is 92

Some more rough points - Corran 74, Adv. sensors 8, C-3PO 12, Lone Wolf 5, Leia 6, Leebo 92, AP-5 30, Lothal Rebel 70

So Dash + Title + Luke + 3PO would be like...152. That's without a Talent or Modification. Holy poo poo.

I'm no longer worried about Dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'm not sure the title is strictly necessary, unless we can work out what the tokens are and if removing them is good or not.