Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
it's me, the guy who enjoyed and beat 3 and 4 but didn't finish nv.

i had good luck with 3. i played through it on ps3 and then was shocked to find out that game had a reputation for being glitchy. i didn't remember having any trouble with it.

cautiously optimistic for 76. i'm not big on crafting, but if they make it accessible enough (and that's what it is), i could be down for online fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

deathbagel posted:

I enjoyed FO 1, 2, 3, NV and 4. I'll probably enjoy this one too! I can't wait for the 10th and more info.

Look at this casual Fallout player that never played Fallout Tactics:BOS.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

corn in the bible posted:

TESO is better than Skyrim lol

no

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

mango sentinel posted:

Well, did you buy it?

Technically, yeah. I tried the beta and it sucked Molag Bal's rear end in a top hat. But then I plonked down real money to play it again after everyone said "It's good now, no really!" And while the experience was notably better, it still had the fatal flaw of being an MMORPG, a.k.a. the shittiest genre, a.k.a. grind-above-all-else.

I wanted to get immersed in a carefully handcrafted, story-rich fantasy world, not wade through a hundred pink-and-purple-clad titty elves as they dogpile crafting tables while arguing about bitcoins and recruiting for [ClanSithisRulez420].

Now the same thing's probably going to happen to my second favorite franchise. :smith:

corn in the bible posted:

TESO is better than Skyrim

lol

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 31, 2018

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Soul Glo posted:

i had good luck with 3. i played through it on ps3 and then was shocked to find out that game had a reputation for being glitchy. i didn't remember having any trouble with it.
The PS3 version didn’t become a mess unless you added some dlc or bought the GOTY edition.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I won't be buying the new fallout but I will probably do another NV playthrough when it comes out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
TESO is great tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
okay im gonna do a run of New Vegas tonight

i thought about doing 4 and I got bored just thinking about doing the first little bit

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

eonwe posted:

i thought about doing 4 and I got bored just thinking about doing the first little bit

Just use an alternate start mod to get past the stupid intro. Even if you just use the "start me standing in the vault" starting point where you need to use the terminal in the first room to set your specials

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I played as a punchmage with a velociraptor pet in eso, it was pretty fun.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

eonwe posted:

I just did a New Vegas run for the first time in a couple years, and god it's still soooo gooooood. I didn't even install half of my usual mods and it was still a joy. What a story, what a world. :dance:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

eonwe posted:

TESO is great tho

Is it, though?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ya

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wonder how much of the game is gonna be reclaiming the land from "savages" to make the wasteland great again.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

That's actually pretty smart. It means that even though you activate slow Mo it's still dangerous as it makes other nearby players John Woo as well
I wanna say the players that were affected but didn't activate it had slower turning speeds since they didn't cast their magical reflex spell, so the guy explicitly opting to John Woo fuckers still had the advantage.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I enjoyed TESO, playing it the same way I play any other Elder Scrolls but with the occasional co-op section thrown in. The combat doesn't really work brilliantly but the same can be said of any other TES game. The quality of the quests is pretty varied but there's some really fun ones tucked away and there's nothing significantly worse than the dumb poo poo Oblivion and Skyrim have us do. The crafting is lovely in exactly the same way as regular TES, and you can ignore them just the same if you're not trying to do hardcore endgame stuff or sink a million hours like you did in WoW a decade ago. It doesn't have all the potential for bullshit physics or modding catastrophes but it's a sidegrade from vanilla Skyrim at worst.

Running around doing quests and exploring places is still good, and the dungeons are really fun when played with friends. I like to resub for a month or two every now and then and go poke around some more.

It's absolutely not a format that would work for something with a style as distinctive as Fallout but it's a fine TES game.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 31, 2018

Logic
Jan 8, 2009
I think Fallout 3 was a lot of people's first Fallout and that's why they say it's there favorite. I've played them all except tactics. I wasn't a huge fan of FO3, my top 3 is in this order. New Vegas, Fallout 2, Fallout 4. I am very excited for Fallout 76, I enjoyed the settlements in FO4. I do hope they cut down the grind.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
For those of you with poor impulse control and who were easily impressed by 95 seconds of pre-rendered footage you can already pre-order this from Amazon for a cool $60.

The page contains absolutely no information on what it is you are buying and has a release date of December 31, 2019.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I played through fallout 3 once, tried to do it again once the dlc came out and just couldn't get past about the super duper mart before I got bored.

I like the aircraft carrier in 3, that's about it

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Psychotic Weasel posted:

For those of you with poor impulse control and who were easily impressed by 95 seconds of pre-rendered footage you can already pre-order this from Amazon for a cool $60.

The page contains absolutely no information on what it is you are buying and has a release date of December 31, 2019.

That release date sounds like a placeholder.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Fallout 3 has a lot of dumb bad stuff but one of my favorite gaming memories is just exploring the west side of the map with my stealth archersniper, filling in map markers and coming across that big raider camp from the ridge and sniping open the cage with the super mutant behemoth. Watching him ravage the camp and then taking out the survivors with potshots was awesome.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, did ANYBODY care about the Shawn plot though? Because I could not give two shits about it, and everyone I've talked to feels the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The only Shawn in my heart

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's hard to emphasize just how perfectly Fallout 3 captured the essence of the DC metro: filthy, broken, constantly on fire and full of mutants.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

RBA Starblade posted:

It's hard to emphasize just how perfectly Fallout 3 captured the essence of the DC metro: filthy, broken, constantly on fire and full of mutants.

With the occasional sex den

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

cargohills posted:

That release date sounds like a placeholder.

Almost definitely, doesn't even mean it'll be out before 2020 really. Though Bethesda seems to like very short pre-release marketing campaigns these past few years.

I just find it hilarious that there isn't a single detail regarding the game out there - either from Bethesda or listed on the store page - yet the preorder is still available.

I'm honestly curious to know how many people have already purchased it.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Almost definitely, doesn't even mean it'll be out before 2020 really. Though Bethesda seems to like very short pre-release marketing campaigns these past few years.

I just find it hilarious that there isn't a single detail regarding the game out there - either from Bethesda or listed on the store page - yet the preorder is still available.

I'm honestly curious to know how many people have already purchased it.

I did, but only because it's 20% cheaper with prime. Don't pay til it ships, so if details come out that make me not want it, I'll cancel.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Logic posted:

I think Fallout 3 was a lot of people's first Fallout and that's why they say it's there favorite. I've played them all except tactics. I wasn't a huge fan of FO3, my top 3 is in this order. New Vegas, Fallout 2, Fallout 4. I am very excited for Fallout 76, I enjoyed the settlements in FO4. I do hope they cut down the grind.

It was my first Fallout, but the thought of playing it again makes me feel slightly disgusted

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

deathbagel posted:

I enjoyed FO 1, 2, 3, NV and 4. I'll probably enjoy this one too! I can't wait for the 10th and more info.

Yeah I've liked every fallout game I've ever played for different reasons really. I do have to say that it is too bad that game devs feel the need to dribble out bits of info like this. Just tell us what it is for christ's sake.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

MariusLecter posted:

Wonder how much of the game is gonna be reclaiming the land from "savages" to make the wasteland great again.

It could actually be interesting if the story revolved around tension between vault dwellers, who rode out the bombs in relative comfort, and the poor bastards who had to hide from the fallout in coal mines, drinking irradiated water and emaciating themselves to survive.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Part of me wants to reinstall Fallout 3/NV, but the prospect of getting mods to make them enjoyable is like a Legendary Chameleon Deathclaw breathing down my neck...and I've only just left the Vault

I've enjoyed 3, NV, and 4 well enough and I've tried to get into the first two, but getting then to work and putting up with the small resolution makes it hard to enjoy them, but dang if the lore in them isn't some of the best reading material on a rainy day

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Logic posted:

I think Fallout 3 was a lot of people's first Fallout and that's why they say it's there favorite. I've played them all except tactics.

I hope this includes BoS

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Southpaugh posted:

Go find the rangers and talk to them first, I think the restoration mod added the ability to properly wipe out slavery with ranger approval in FO2.

I'd like a co op fallout game with good shooting and decent progression to enjoy with friends. That would be fine if there isn't a new proper Fallout game coming out. I don't trust Bethesda and whoever these devs are to not gently caress it up monumentally though.

I had to uninstall because I literally have no selfdiscipline and wasted alot of time on break. But uhh i got the gist of it and had fun.

I feel like I would have beaten vanilla FO1 by the time ive knocked out broken hills and started on new reno in the restoration patch. This also covers doubling back for the vault city poo poo and the new vault village.

Maybe not totally accurate time wise but i def feel that way.

E: i feel i should just check out a lets play or something. Theres one up for 2 right?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Southpaugh posted:

I'd like a co op fallout game with good shooting and decent progression to enjoy with friends.

Why?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

I had to uninstall because I literally have no selfdiscipline and wasted alot of time on break. But uhh i got the gist of it and had fun.

I feel like I would have beaten vanilla FO1 by the time ive knocked out broken hills and started on new reno in the restoration patch. This also covers doubling back for the vault city poo poo and the new vault village.

Maybe not totally accurate time wise but i def feel that way.

E: i feel i should just check out a lets play or something. Theres one up for 2 right?

Yes, but it's a low Int playthrough, so it doesn't cover everything.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Yes, but it's a low Int playthrough, so it doesn't cover everything.

Aww man now I actually have a reason to do a playthrough now. Not this summer tho.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Southpaugh posted:

I'd like a co op fallout game with good shooting and decent progression to enjoy with friends.

I'd also enjoy this. I don't expect BethSoft to ever fulfill that dream, though.

re: the maybefake 4chins leak image, I doubt that BethSoft will be able to tack multiplayer onto the ~~Creation Engine~~ and I also doubt they'd bother trying when they have an in-house, multiplayer ready engine that isn't a barrel of jank. If it's not 100% singleplayer, then odds are drat good they'll use idTech6 for the game.

I'd very much like if those maybefake leaks pan out to be somewhat true. I'd gladly take a co-op Fallout game where you're out scavenging for resources to build up your home settlement and I'd be willing to give up mods in exchange for that and a game engine that doesn't basically require mods to fix the broken poo poo BethSoft does.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 31, 2018

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Logic posted:

My first Fallout game, my first RPG even was Fallout 2. I remember hating the concept of Fallout 3 and thinking how VATS sounds horrible and gimmicky, playing Oblivion did not help me ease my worries.

Then when it came out I found it fun, offering an experience I wasn't expecting.

Maybe I just lowered my expectations so much I was genuinely surprised by the game, not sure.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I just want a competently written western RPG again, I am a woman of simple needs.

Needs Bethesda has no interest (ability) in meeting, but hey.

(edit)

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1001495817184661504

Heartbreakers.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i like 4 much better than 3 but not going to lie

was kind of really hoping for that speculation of a fo3 remaster to be true because its a rough game to get running on windows 10 these days and i'd love to do a full playthrough again some day