Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

McKilligan posted:

I've got 2 rivens with the same unveil condition - complete an Incursion alone without taking any damage. Given that incursions are always against grineer, who are some hitscan using motherfuckers, I'm stumped as to how to go about this.

Yeah, Rhino or Nezha. Just be invulnerable while you do what you need to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

They do. This is why you pick either the left three syndicates or the right three, to avoid that sort of conflict.

I did Suda and Perrin and regret nothing. I always have maxed rep with one or the other and can trade for the other four factions' stuff from basically anybody.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Helter Skelter posted:

They do. This is why you pick either the left three syndicates or the right three, to avoid that sort of conflict.

you can gain rep for left/right 3 + 1 other if you are careful

eg: steel meridian + right, wear loka sigil, do veil missions and turn in veil doodads

fake edit:

END ME SCOOB posted:

If you're an absolute moron, though, you can tweak things to get 4 maxed. It's just very slow going.

I might be an absolute moron.

high five friend! :buddy:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Helter Skelter posted:

Yeah, Rhino or Nezha. Just be invulnerable while you do what you need to do.

I'll give that a shot - damage to Iron Skin doesn't count at all? Good to know!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gaj70 posted:

The real price floor is always the time/effort it takes to farm and sell something. That said, if you want friction, you can get friction using auction fees and/or listing fees and/or listing caps, not just trade caps.

I'm not sure why you assume a decreasing pool of buyers. I, for one, might enter the market if I didn't have to deal with trade chat.

"People undercutting..." sounds like a market, not an auction house.

The only problem is MMO players don't always recognize time/effort, or even resource costs as having value. "I farmed it so it was free." That's why I've given up on fishing Glappid, players usually won't accept a price that's a decent return on the opportunity and material costs.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I did the waypoint to Ceres and got my first Stance mod that I could use, with my Dual Ethers :dance:. Gonna try some combos tomorrow, but it's kinda weird that it was the same price to upgrade it as a normal mod - it straight out gives me 10 extra mod slots and I have more than enough Endo for 4 quick upgrades :confused:

Also left the Vulkar cooking because the Kraken and the Gorgon left me a bit underwhelmed. I think I was spoiled by the Boltor because I used it for the first time and it blew my loving mind, it was already perfect and the mods were just the icing. But these two both feel like "Not bad, but need some tuning to not be annoying". The Kraken especially, it really should have twice as much as ammo as it comes with.

I'm also a bit confused regarding resources: I want to craft this sick rear end infected Mire sword, but the resources it needs just don't drop? Nano Spores feel like something the Infected would give but I've done tons of missions with them and it's just the usual, even after mowing down a bunch during Defense or Survival missions.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the resources you get from a planet actually have to do with a set droptable for each of them which you can look at on the solar map by hovering over that circular icon in the bottom right when looking over a planet's nodes. sometimes it doesn't make 100% sense and resources don't pertain to specific enemies 99% of the time. also stance mods are always great and give a lot of extra oomph to melee weapons

the gorgon probably didn't feel amazing because it's a base version and the gorgon wraith and prisma gorgon both exist, the former being fairly solid and the latter being loving wild

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Samuringa posted:

I did the waypoint to Ceres and got my first Stance mod that I could use, with my Dual Ethers :dance:. Gonna try some combos tomorrow, but it's kinda weird that it was the same price to upgrade it as a normal mod - it straight out gives me 10 extra mod slots and I have more than enough Endo for 4 quick upgrades :confused:

Also left the Vulkar cooking because the Kraken and the Gorgon left me a bit underwhelmed. I think I was spoiled by the Boltor because I used it for the first time and it blew my loving mind, it was already perfect and the mods were just the icing. But these two both feel like "Not bad, but need some tuning to not be annoying". The Kraken especially, it really should have twice as much as ammo as it comes with.

I'm also a bit confused regarding resources: I want to craft this sick rear end infected Mire sword, but the resources it needs just don't drop? Nano Spores feel like something the Infected would give but I've done tons of missions with them and it's just the usual, even after mowing down a bunch during Defense or Survival missions.

Check the Wiki whenever you have a question about a resource, the Tenno that came before you did the info gathering:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nano_Spores

I was underwhelmed by the Kraken too but I just found out it is a part for a cluster bomb gun:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kulstar

My plan is just to level up any gun I happen to craft just to get my Mastery up:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Now I have Rhino cooking, orokin cells and neurodes are my new bottle neck. I really want that Hek too! Looks like I'm not too far from being able to reliably get them though. I might also clear up some of the quests so I can get in on the riven, index and sortie shenanigans.

I also have a bunch of stuff to sell for ducats and a couple of things to sell for plat (thanks for the app suggestion, thread) so now I guess I should find Baro and make an account on the market.

Claiming the free heat sword was a real boon too, weapons having a potato is really nice.

e: I also only just started grinding steel meridian rep because I didn't realise about equipping the sigil stuff. Is there an equal split in the clan of rep gathering or should I pick something else to fill in any gaps?

Redundant fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 31, 2018

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

the 3 on the left or the 3 on the right dont't negatively affect each other so go with Arbiters and Suda and you will be good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Wamdoodle posted:

Check the Wiki whenever you have a question about a resource, the Tenno that came before you did the info gathering:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nano_Spores

I was underwhelmed by the Kraken too but I just found out it is a part for a cluster bomb gun:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kulstar

My plan is just to level up any gun I happen to craft just to get my Mastery up:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Johnny Joestar posted:

the resources you get from a planet actually have to do with a set droptable for each of them which you can look at on the solar map by hovering over that circular icon in the bottom right when looking over a planet's nodes. sometimes it doesn't make 100% sense and resources don't pertain to specific enemies 99% of the time. also stance mods are always great and give a lot of extra oomph to melee weapons

the gorgon probably didn't feel amazing because it's a base version and the gorgon wraith and prisma gorgon both exist, the former being fairly solid and the latter being loving wild

Huh, weird that they gave me Diagrams that require resources that are still unattainable. My bad for the dumb question, I didn't think of looking the wiki up because it seemed like a no-brainer that if I had a recipe then the ingredients should also already be available somewhere.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to be fair the new player experience is kind of a jumble due to this game being years and years of content layered on top of each other, so questions are always good and welcome. the wiki is your friend, and i still check it even with like 800+ hours in the game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Huh, weird that they gave me Diagrams that require resources that are still unattainable. My bad for the dumb question, I didn't think of looking the wiki up because it seemed like a no-brainer that if I had a recipe then the ingredients should also already be available somewhere.

Johnny Joestar posted:

to be fair the new player experience is kind of a jumble due to this game being years and years of content layered on top of each other, so questions are always good and welcome. the wiki is your friend, and i still check it even with like 800+ hours in the game.

This game looks way more newbie unfriendly than it actually is. That's what kept me from playing when people were saying "No it's actually fun"

Also if I'm being honest, I don't know why this game has a more "zen gaming" thing going for it than say, Destiny 2, which was also trying to go for that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Wamdoodle posted:

This game looks way more newbie unfriendly than it actually is. That's what kept me from playing when people were saying "No it's actually fun"

Also if I'm being honest, I don't know why this game has a more "zen gaming" thing going for it than say, Destiny 2, which was also trying to go for that.

things even out pretty well due to the community being super nice and helpful when it comes to helping new players along since everyone is on the same entertaining treadmill to reach a point of post-scarcity for most things in the game (which is actually pretty easy to achieve)

for the second point, i feel it's because less than 1% of the warframe playerbase even does any sort of pvp content and also the devs are very open about loving the thing they develop, warts and all

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The two times I've asked for help with a mission in the goon clan, I've gotten two different people immediately going "sure" and then helping like champs. In the thread, you folks have been great about answering questions. While I got ragged on mercilessly for getting stuck in the door in the dojo, I walked right into that.

What I'm getting at is, the goons in Warframe have been nothing but friendly, helpful, and just a joy to play with. I'm hoping that someday I can be that kind of help for a newbie in this game. :D

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's the endgame of warframe

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's the endgame of warframe

Yesss

I have two long-terms goals in this game: be able to help newbies, and master all weapons/warframes/etc that I can. I would have gone with own everything but eeesh at buying that many slots.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 31, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just a heads up, but My name is BYF has done two lore videos, and while they're pretty good, they do contain some pretty massive spoilers, especially the second one whoch opens with a huge spoiler for the War Within reveal.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Wamdoodle posted:

When I was playing Destiny 2 I had no outlet for just going ape poo poo and slicing fools up while bouncing off the walls like a hyperactive 5 year old whereas I do here. Also I started 4 days ago and spent much of today grinding missions trying to get Neurodes to drop to get an Archwing so that's where I'm at right now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

njsykora posted:

When I was playing Destiny 2 I had no outlet for just going ape poo poo and slicing fools up while bouncing off the walls like a hyperactive 5 year old whereas I do here. Also I started 4 days ago and spent much of today grinding missions trying to get Neurodes to drop to get an Archwing so that's where I'm at right now.

You too, huh? It's back to the Earth mines for me as well - at least the exp from these things will contribute towards getting rid of my MK1 weapons...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the earlygame grind for neurodes really sucks since it feels like so many things need them early on. later planets like eris hand them out pretty frequently but starting out it's a pain.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

njsykora posted:

It's definitely the "gotta go fast" aspect of this game that keeps me coming back.

Also I'd like to take a moment to appreciate Counsellor Vay Hek's voice actor. I don't want to look for a video of his lines. I want to experience it first hand.

"TENNOOOOOO!?"

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's such a shame new players don't get to experience Law of Retribution. A hek specific raid with him screaming at you every minute.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
counterpoint: the actual process of playing law of retribution

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

now you just have to complete the set with a little help from someone with New Loka or Perrin Sequence

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Also I'd like to take a moment to appreciate Counsellor Vay Hek's voice actor. I don't want to look for a video of his lines. I want to experience it first hand.
Vay Hek yelling is the only good thing about Cetus during ghoul season.

Dead. Tenno. MAGGOTS.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

The two times I've asked for help with a mission in the goon clan, I've gotten two different people immediately going "sure" and then helping like champs. In the thread, you folks have been great about answering questions. While I got ragged on mercilessly for getting stuck in the door in the dojo, I walked right into that.

What I'm getting at is, the goons in Warframe have been nothing but friendly, helpful, and just a joy to play with. I'm hoping that someday I can be that kind of help for a newbie in this game. :D

That door exists for people to get stuck in. And there are, or use to be, at least another pubbie trap or two. This and the flaming snowmen have been the source of most of the praise that our dojo gets.

Though I have to say I'm liking the recent lighting and color changes. Perhaps our entry room needs even more random poo poo?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
LoR was never as god-awful boring and frustrating as Jordas Verdict. I completed Nightmare LoR five times and despite several JV attempts in our clan never finished it after about 6 hours clocked. I spent less effort learning WoW raids with 40 people and the horrible design in the interior of JV made it insufferable. I’d rather do 10 Molten Core runs before I even do JV again.

Raids are one of the few features that DE entirely removed from the game in its history - that’s how bad they were.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm so glad that arcanes are actually obtainable now. guardian makes every frame so much tankier and it's fairly reasonable to buy.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They're fairly easy to put together and sell too. As long as you have that top tier mining tool to be able to get all those nyths yourself, and are willing to actually grind those and wisps, you can make nice chunks of plat every now and again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

counterpoint: the actual process of playing law of retribution

LOR was no problem with SmilingCat and a couple other good people (read this as "knew how it worked") because LOR is pretty straightforward, just dumb. It's JV that was a loving disaster.

I'm not sad either one is gone, but JV was so bad I 100% applauded the decision to remove raids. It was horrible in every aspect. LOR at least had Vay Hek screaming at you and frost was the newbie-friendly (aka me) MVP of frames (I helped!) so it worked great.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 31, 2018

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

It's definitely the "gotta go fast" aspect of this game that keeps me coming back.

"TENNOOOOOO!?"

Wow, so no one posts the video of the most popular Vey Hek meme, done by the voice actor himself? Shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhFrql0HyHs

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

the earlygame grind for neurodes really sucks since it feels like so many things need them early on. later planets like eris hand them out pretty frequently but starting out it's a pain.
It's reassuring to hear that eases up a bit later. I just got a whole bunch of endo and orokin cells really quickly so I went mad boosting mods and baking potatoes, weapons and warframes so I am absolutely broke. I currently have the grand total of 36 credits to my name. I will probably throw the potato, a forma I have lying around and an exilus adaptor into my Excalibur to help get through the rest of the star map. I assume I will appreciate it sooner or later when I can scrape some money together and power some mods that aren't for shields, health or straight damage!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Raptor1033 posted:

It's such a shame new players don't get to experience Law of Retribution. A hek specific raid with him screaming at you every minute.

I started during Plague Star so I kinda got that experience.

:byodood: YOU TRIED TO POP ITS... GLISTENING MAGNIFICENCE

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Psion posted:

LOR was no problem with SmilingCat and a couple other good people (read this as "knew how it worked") because LOR is pretty straightforward, just dumb. It's JV that was a loving disaster.

I miss doing LOR with goons, it felt really social compared to anything else thanks to 8 people and voice chat.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

And Pat "gently caress" Boivin does not :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuofwKWpoLQ

Don't be like this man.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Redundant posted:

It's reassuring to hear that eases up a bit later. I just got a whole bunch of endo and orokin cells really quickly so I went mad boosting mods and baking potatoes, weapons and warframes so I am absolutely broke. I currently have the grand total of 36 credits to my name. I will probably throw the potato, a forma I have lying around and an exilus adaptor into my Excalibur to help get through the rest of the star map. I assume I will appreciate it sooner or later when I can scrape some money together and power some mods that aren't for shields, health or straight damage!

Sell your spare Oberon and Harrow blueprints. They're 5k each so ten of them will be enough to run a high-risk Index with goons.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Redundant posted:

Save up 50k credits and ask for a run through index with goons a couple of times and you stop worrying about credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Can I do that even if I haven't made it to Neptune yet myself?