Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To elaborate on liquidypoo's statement regarding World DLC, there are three main categories:
  1. Rotational Event Quests - These are basically like the DLC quests in 4U and Generations only they are on a real time rotation meaning if you miss one, you will have to wait until it comes back. The first week of April was a festival in which of the Events Quests that had been released since the launch were available
  2. Paid DLC - This was the stuff you find in the console's store function. The types of DLC here include Stickers, Gestures, Costumes for the Handler, themes for your console itself, and bundles which give combinations of the above. The most notable bundle given two hairstyles, two gestures, at least one face paint, and a Layered Armor set*.
  3. Updates - This is how you get new monsters altogether. Starting from March onwards, your game will update near the end of the month adding one new monster. So far, we've gotten one monster you'll meet later this game and an Elder Dragon whose gimmick is that she is on a rotation like the Event Quests.

*Layered Armor is a new feature in World that let's you wear purely cosmetic armor over your normal armor either in pieces or as a full set. It basically replaces transmog in GU.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

:siren: Update! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdaaXhEhInA

Today, bombing cat demo! And also our first capture quest. Enjoy!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

MHXX is being localized to the Switch as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on August 28th! It comes with Prowler mode and can communicate with the 3DS version! A fun new way to Will It Cat? We shall see!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

More cats are always good. My first MonHun was World and watching this LP makes me sad that I looked at Gen on sale a few weeks ago and decided "maybe next time". :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Hmm. In light of this development and in light of the "jank af" nature of my recording set-up, would anybody object to upgrading "Will it Cat?" to Gen Ultimate when the time comes? This is of course assuming that there are no major story differences between it and original Generations. I can record off Switch no problem, with much better quality and less jank.

.... This is also assuming that the save file transfer grabs everything and just drops you into Ultimate with all your stuff intact, as welll

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
This is an Good Idea(tm), yes!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

AltaBrown posted:

This is an Good Idea(tm), yes!

Agreed!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

"Will it Cat?" Official Meownsterpawdia Part 5

Greetings, cat fans! It's that time again, time to take a closer look at some of our newest monsters.

Like always, click on a monster's name to be taken to its Monster Hunter Wiki page.

For drops:

C= Common
U= Uncommon
R= Rare
S= Stupidly rare

For a complete and accurate list of loot, and more, I heartily recommend checking out MHGU DB or Ping's Dex (Mirror).

Moofah

Family: Herbivore

Habitat: Deserted Island

Threat Level: *

Introduced: Monster Hunter Generations

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Moofah Horn (C), Moofah Fur (R)
    Shiny (if attacked with a cutting weapon)- Moofah Fur (C), Moofah Horn (R)
For complete list of loot, click here

Monsterpedia posted:

Small herbivores that can be found on the Deserted Island. Their soft, high-quality fur has been used since ancient times in clothing and ceremonial tools, and can be shaved off of them with cutting weapons. They are docile and raised as livestock in many regions.

Malfestio

Family: Bird Wyvern

Habitat: Deserted Island, Jurrassic Frontier, Primal Forest, Ruined Pinnacle

Threat Level: ****

Introduced: Monster Hunter Generations

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- Earplugs, Sleep, Confusion, Wind Pressure

Weaknesses- Fire, Water, Blast

Breakable Bits- Head, Wings, Tail

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Azurefeather (U), Malfestio Wingtalon (R), Sleep Sac (R), Malfestio Webbing (R)

Capture- Malfestio Webbing (U), Sleep Sac (U), Malfestio Ear (R)

Break Head- Malfestio Ear (C), Azurefeather (U)

Break Wings- Malfestio Wingtalon (U), Malfestio Webbing (U), Malfestio Wingtalon (R)

Break Tail- Malfestio Tailfeather (C), Malfestio Tailfeather (R), Azurefeather (R)

Shiny Drop- Wyvern Tear (C), Azurefeather (R), Malfestio Wingtalon (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

A bird wyvern which is most at home in the dark. It catches prey with its wings and talons. Its pivoting neck is characteristic, and it's worth a look to see it turned completely around to look behind itself. Scales in its wings can scatter a pollen that can cause confuse its foes.

Nargacuga

Family: Flying Wyvern

Habitat: Deserted Island, Misty Peaks, Jurrassic Frontier, Jungle

Threat Level: *****

Introduced: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- Earplugs, High Wind Pressure, Bleed (crouch or burrow)

Weaknesses- Lightning, Fire, Paralysis

Breakable Bits- Head, Wings, Tail, Tail Cut*

* Tail must be broken before it can be cut

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Nargacuga Scale (C), Nargacuga Blackfur (R), Nargacuga Fang (R), Nargacuga Cutwing (S), Nargacuga Tail (S)

Tail Carve- Nargacuga Tail (C), Nargacuga Marrow (R), Narga Tailspike (S)

Capture**- Nargacuga Blackfur (U), Nargacuga Fang (R), Nargacuga Scale (R), Nargacuga Tail (R), Nargacuga Marrow (S)

Break Head- Nargacuga Fang (C), Nargacuga Scale (U), Nargacuga Fang (R)

Break Wings- Nargacuga Cutwing (C), Nargacuga Cutwing (R), Nargacuga Blackfur (R)

Break Tail- Narga Tailspike (C), Nargacuga Blackfur (R), Nargacuga Marrow (R)

Shiny Drop- Wyvern Tear (C), Nargacuga Scale (R)

** Immune to Pitfall traps unless enraged

Monsterpedia posted:

Flying wyverns that have evolved to live in thickly wooded areas. These sly beasts stalk their prey from the shadows with ferocious speed and dogged tenacity. Their massive tails are as dexterous as they are deadly, and powerful enough to slay smaller monsters with one strike.

Volvidon

Family: Fanged Beast

Habitat: Volcano, Deserted Island, Dunes, Jurassic Frontier

Introduced: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- Paralysis, Stench, Tremor

Weaknesses- Water, Blast, Rodeo

Breakable Bits- Back

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Volvidon Shell (U), Volvi Rickrack (R), Volvidon Claw (R), Paralysis Sac (R)

Capture- Volvidon Shell (U), Volvidon Claw (R), Paralysis Sac (R), Volvidon Claw (R), Jumbo Bone (R)

Break Back- Volvi Rickrack (C), Volvidon Shell (U)

Shiny Drop- Beast Tear (C), Paralysis Sac (R), Volvi Rickrack (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Fanged beasts with thick red carapaces that are resistant to lava. Their rounded bodies are perfect for rolling across hot surfaces, and their long tongues are ideal for capturing insect prey. Their saliva emits a paralyzing toxin that should be avoided.

Najarala

Family: Snake Wyvern

Habitat: Marshlands, Verdant Hills, Primal Forest

Introduced: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- HG Earplugs, Paralysis, Stun, Dung Bomb(ay)

Weaknesses- Ice, Water, Blast, Rodeo

Breakable Bits- Head, Back, Legs, Tail

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Najarala Shell (C), Najarala Fang (U), Najarala Hide (R), Chilling Beak (S)

Capture- Najarala Fang (U), Najarala Shell (R), Najarala Sounder (R), Najarala Hide (R), Najarala Marrow (S), Paralysis Sac (S)

Break Head- Najarala Fang (C), Chilling Beak (R)

Break Back- Najarala Sounder (C), Najarala Shell (U), Chilling Beak (S)

Break Legs- Najarala Shell (C), Najarala Hide (U), Monster Bone L (R)

Break Tail- Najarala Sounder (C), Najarala Hide (U), Najarala Marrow (S)

Shiny Drop- Wyvern Tear (C), Najarala Sounder (R), Chilling Beak (S), Najarala Marrow (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

A monster that stuns its prey with vibrations from its scales, then wraps around and constricts its victims. Once a Najarala start to coil around its prey, a quick escape or a mortal blow to it are the only things that will offer a chance at survival.

Shogun Ceanataur

Family: Carapaceon

Habitat: Deserted Island, Marshlands, Volcano, Ruined Pinnacle

Introduced: Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Primary Element- Water

Recommended Status Protection- Bleed (crouch or burrow), Dung Bomb(ay), Nulberry

Weaknesses- Lightning, Fire

Breakable Bits- Shell*, Gravios Shell (x2)*, Claws

*When its shell is broken, it will burrow and obtain a Gravios skull shell. Break that one and it will be shell-less permanently

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Ceanataur Shell (C), Ceanataur Leg (R), Black Pearl (R)

Capture- Ceanataur Leg (C), Ceanataur Shell (R), Monster Bone L (R), Ceanataur Claw (R)

Break Shell (1)- Wyvern Scalp (C), Wyvern Scalp (R), Ceanataur Shell (R)

Break Shell (2)- Wyvern Scalp (C), Ceanataur Shell (R), Monster Bone L (R)

Break Shell (3)- Ceanataur Shell (C), Jumbo Bone (C)

Break Claws- Ceanataur Claw (C), Ceanataur Claw (S)

Shiny Drop- Crab Pearl (C), Black Pearl (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

A large Carapaceon with a giant monster's skull on its back. Its long, sharp pincers allow it to pierce volcanic bedrock and travel along ceilings. Sometimes, a precious and valuable pearl can be found inside its shell.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 1, 2021

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Did you do the demos before you fixed your router settings? The videos are still look a little choppy to me.

I do appreciate the demos of different cat styles, however much or little practice you've had with them.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Glazius posted:

Did you do the demos before you fixed your router settings? The videos are still look a little choppy to me.

I do appreciate the demos of different cat styles, however much or little practice you've had with them.

Unfortunately there is going to be a bit of chop. It's the nature of my recording setup. I have reduced it as much as I possibly can, but I can't make it any better without hard modding the 3DS. That's why I'm eager to jump over to Gen Ultimate. Heck, if I'd known they were going to be localizing the thing after all, I'd have just started there from the beginning! :argh:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Oops I havent seen this thread in so long.

I'm glad to see Smudge got some action in a few videos :)

He's a great lil cat in game and in real life, especially saving my butt a lot in MHW.
Looking forward to more updates!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren: Update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72nL3DAAyYU

A special guest, Cichlidae, joins us this episode, filling in for The Lobster.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

"Will it Cat?" Prowlers and Mew- Part 3

Hello, viewers! Today is Part 3 of our in-depth look at cats and what they can do for you. Our final topic is Palicoes! After all, what's a badass Prowler without a few distractions minions buddies, good and reliable buddies to help out? What should you look for? Let's find out.

We've seen that not all Support Biases are created equal. So, which type of cat is the best kind to bring with you on quests? My recommendation is to pick two of Healing, Support, or Defense. These Palicoes will give you the most bang for your buck. That's not to say you can't bring other types of cats with you! Those three are just the best ones. Note that these Palico buddies are also the most helpful for humans, so I don't feel like you have to be a cat yourself to benefit from these helpful kitties! (And don't worry, I'll still give recommended builds for all the support biases because I am not a monster. :colbert: We're just starting with those three.)

Healing Cats: Who needs Mega Potions anyway?

As we've seen, no matter how good you are, chances are you are going to get knocked around at least a little, and Monster Hunter is very punishing about healing. To boot, monsters can do a lot of damage to you even if you're properly armored. That's where a healing cat comes in handy! Their job is to keep your rear end alive so you can keep on kicking rear end! I HIGHLY recommend scouting for a good healing cat to bring with you on tough quests. They can be quite literal lifesavers! Here's what to look for:

Support Moves

Unlike most Support Biases, either of the Healing cat's default active skills is fine. Cheer Horn refills a bit of your Support Move or Hunter Arte Gauge, and Armor Horn boosts your defense. I would give a veeeery slight nod to Armor Horn, since there are better skills that help out with gauge, but it's not worth worrying about.

From there, you want active skills that help your Healing cat keep your rear end alive! The three most important ones are Health Horn, Detox Horn, and Go, Fight, Win. Health Horn is self explanatory. It heals a bit less than True Health Horn (about as much as a Potion), but also costs less gauge. There's no reason not to have it. Detox Horn is a handy skill to have around as well. It cures poison and stench, and even refills a bit of HP! Lastly, there's the incredible Go, Fight, Win. I love this skill. Not only is the animation for it a sight to behold (I will show it off properly in the LP, don't worry), but it's immensely helpful to both cats and humans. As long as the skill is active, it reduces Prowler gauge consumption by one. This means Piercing Boomerangs costs just one bar to use, and Big Boomerangs and Emergency Retreat cost nothing! It's helpful to humans too: it gives them infinite stamina for the duration, as if they had quaffed a Dash Juice or Mega Dash Juice. Very handy!

The only optional skill I would recommend here is Ultrasonic Horn again. It's useful, but definitely focus on the other three. If you get a cat with only two of the three skill mentioned above, you can even use the extra slot to teach the third. All three are that important!

Passive Skills

For skills, you want as much synergy as you can get. This cat is pure support and you want skills that help with that. Firstly, Support Boost(**) is absolutely vital. You'll be seeing this skill recommended A LOT, and that's because it rules. It makes your Palicoes use Support Moves more often. Simple, useful, you want it.

Then you should equip Health Harmonics(***), one of the Healing cat's default skills. It boosts maximum HP when any healing move is used.

That only gives you one slot to play with. I'd just toss on Defense Up S(*), the other default passive skill for Healing cats. More defense means your Healing cat will last longer in a fight, and be able to pump out more healing!

Sidenote- This is pretty much the only time when a Palico's targeting priority matters. When scouting for a healing cat, make sure to select "Small Only" for targeting. Healing cats build gauge faster when they're not in combat. You want them to ignore the large monster trying to bite your face off and focus on keeping you healed! You can change a Palico's targeting at the Dojo, so don't worry if you mess this up.

Support Palicoes: They call me the Trappurr

Ever wish you didn't have to trap monsters yourself? Ever curse the game and everyone involved with its development when you lay a trap, only to have the monster limp right past it? Then perhaps a Support cat is just the cat buddy you've been looking for! In addition, Support Palicoes can tell you when a monster is fatigued or susceptible to capture, neither of which is information Support Prowlers have access too, annoyingly. You can't go wrong with bringing one of these guys along! In the past I've specced these guys as a quasi-healing cat... but now that I think about it, it's probably best to just go all in on the traps. Here's how you do that:

Support Moves

For a Support cat you're not using as your main Prowler, the fixed Support Move isn't so crucial. Cheer Horn is probably slightly better, but Cheer Horn still isn't all that great so don't get too bent out of shape about it.

What you do want to look for is traps, traps, and MORE traps. Your Support buddy will automatically come with Poison Purr-ison, but why stop there? Also look for Pitfall Purr-ison and/or Shock Purr-ison, and why not throw in the ever-useful Go, Fight, Win, as well?

As with the Healing cat, you can feel free to spend your spare move slot to teach one of those moves your cat didn't come with, if you can't find one that has all of them.

Passive Skills

Support Boost(**) is once again the most important one here. It'll help your Support buddy pump out even more traps and more Go, Fight, Wins.

Then you can just toss on Pro Trapper (***), which Support cats come with, and you can pretty much call it good! You'll have one extra slot for... whatever really. Pick your favorite single slot skill. Defense Up S(*) could be useful, to help keep your kitty in the game longer, or any one slot status immunity skill like Biology (*) or Non-Stick Fur (*).

Defense Felynes: Any objections?

You don't see Defense cats discussed very much, either as Prowlers or Palicoes and... I don't really see why not? Seems to me like they'd be fine. Given the Defense cat's stats and the fact they they build gauge by blocking, maybe you could use them as a pseudo-healing cat? I'd go with something like this, but feel free to discuss alternatives:

Support Moves

For a Palico Defense cat, as opposed to a Prowler, you'll want to look for ones with Armor Horn. We're building this cat as a buff bot.

Then look for the same stuff a Healing cat gets: Health Horn, Detox Horn, and Go, Fight, Win. Honorable mention goes to the Defense cat's default Support Move, Taunt. This underappreciated skill makes nearby monster focus on them and not you, for a time. That sounds super helpful to me and I don't know why people don't use Defense cats more often!

Consider teaching your Defense Palico Demon Horn at the Dojo.

Passive Skills

Once again, Support Boost(**) is a must. From there, you want skills that help/make your cat block more, since Defense cats build gauge by blocking. Equip Guard S (*), which Defense cats have by default. In addition to reducing the knockback from blocking, Guard S makes Palicoes block more often.

Then, you can either equip the other default skill, Guard Boost (**), or scout for Counter Boost (**), which fills gauge when getting hit. Should have nice synergy with the other skills? Pick a one-slot status immunity skill or Defense Up S(*) for the last slot.

And of course you can always use the extra skill slot to teach your cat any of the recommended skills it didn't come with.

Those are the big three I recommend for your sub-Palicoes, but that doesn't mean you can't bring other cat friends along! Let's look at some recommended builds for the other Support Biases!

Charisma Cats: We got spirit, yes we do!

Charisma cats are born to buffbot. They can do a little bit of everything, but don't excel at any particular thing. Feeling lazy about what cat to bring with you on a hunt? Can't go wrong with one of these guys. As such, you'll want to look for skills that help out in any situation. Here's what I would do:

Support Moves

Health Horn and Go, Fight, Win remain useful. The latter is especially appropriate on Charisma cats, I find. It's one of my favorite support moves for a reason! You might also consider looking for a trap. Either Pitfall Purr-ison or Shock Purr-ison will do fine.

For the extra skill slot, I recommend teaching your cat either Armor Horn or Demon Horn at the Dojo, depending on your preference.

Passive Skills

As usual, look for Support Boost(**). It's pretty much mandatory for any Palico buddy. From there, eh how about Defense Up S(*) and Counter Boost (**)? Boost defense a bit, and really make 'em pump out those Support Moves! That'll be a good, all purpose hunting buddy.

Bombing Buddies: I lost a bomb, do you have it?

Want to add a bit of zest to your hunts? A sense of danger? Maybe a few explosions? Consider bringing a bombing cat! If you do this, I highly recommend using a ranged weapon yourself, and staying out of the way. Bombing cats can catch you in the blast, and they're none too careful about it. Why not bring two, while you're at it? For maximum chaos, here's what to scout for:

Support Moves

Bombing cats are pure melee bruisers. They gain gauge faster whenever they're in the same zone as a large monster, so you want them right up in the monster's grill at all times! I'd preferentially pick ones with Demon Horn. Camouflage would make them drop aggro, and why would you want them to do that?

Then go all in on the explosions! They'll already come with Mega Barrel Bombay so why not toss in Big Barrel Bombay and Barrel Bombay as well? Alternatively, you can give them more melee attacks and look for Claw Dance and Felyne Comet.

Use the extra skill slot to give your cat any one of these moves they don't already have, or if you want to use a Bombing Prowler, go for Emergency Retreat.

Passive Skills

Again, we're going all in on the explosions here! Make sure your cat has Support Boost(**). It remains critical. Then you can equip Bombay Boost (***), which boosts damage of all Bombay attacks as well as Blast damage! Nab a weapon that applies Blast status and go to town! Your last skill slot can go to Critical Up S (*), or a status immunity skill. Biology (*) seems like a standout here, as it grants immunity to Blastblight. Heat/Bomb Res (*), the Bombing cat's other default skill, is another solid option to boost resistance to bombs.

If you're going for more of a mixed melee Bombing cat, you could also consider Anger Prone(**), which will make your Palicoes enter Fury mode more often. Note that there are some Support Moves that your Palicoes will only use in Felyne Fury mode, so it's worth thinking about. Prowlers don't have this restriction, but more Fury mode is never a bad thing!

Note: If you're interested in running a Bombing cat as a Prowler, equip Anger Prone in place of Support Boost and you're golden! You might consider scouting for Camouflage instead of Demon Horn, or teaching Emergency Retreat to your explody cat at the Dojo.

Gathering Gatos: Objective One- Obtain Loot

Regardless of how you feel about Prowler mode in general, you have to agree that Prowlers are ideal for gathering quests! Why not recruit some Gathering cats to help you get those annoying quests done faster? To make the most of stuffing your pockets with goodies, here's what you should look for:

Support Moves

Gathering cats aren't meant for combat, but you might as well get Piercing Boomerangs anyway, because Camouflage is pretty garbo.

And why not go the rest of the way and get 'em Big Boomerangs too, just in case? For other skills, try for Pilfer. It's hard to aim, but your Palico buddies should have no trouble using it, and, like Plunderang, it'll net you more quest rewards when your cats use it.

Tutor your cat Emergency Retreat, because again, why not?

Passive Skills

There's not a whole lot that Gathering cats need... If you think you'll run this particular cat as a Prowler ever, might as well make sure it has Boomerang Pro (*) just in case you get in a scrape. For your Palico buddies, you're better off giving them Support Boost(**) like usual. Gathering cats build gauge faster by... gathering, so equip Gathering Pro (*), in either case. It'll also make your Palicoes focus on gathering and net your Prowler more stuff from gathering spots.

NB: To make your Gathering quests go even faster, look for Felyne Gatherer on your pre-hunt meal!

Then just toss on the Gathering cat's other default skill Pilfer Boost (**), which will lower the gauge consumption of Pilfer and Plunderang and increase their item yield. Another option is Goldenfish Catcher (*), because who else are you sending on fishing quests? As the name implies, it's only good for Goldenfish so don't equip it on your Prowler if you need some other kind of fish. As an added bonus, if you throw this on your Palicoes, you'll get an extra fish each catch! Handy!

And that is all I have about scouting cats*! Armed with this information, you should be able to stuff your stable full of the most helpful and badass cats ever to cat! Hope you've enjoyed this segment, and thanks for reading!

https://i.imgur.com/K1Xylo6.mp4

*For now! Gen Ultimate/XX gives Palicoes and Prowlers a serious overhaul, so I'll have to revisit this topic when "Will it Cat?" upgrades to its Ultimate form!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 4, 2018

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

As a Dual Blade main, I can say that Go, Fight, Win is utterly incredible and adorable. :3:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

It's nice to be able to make archdemon mode your default state of being for a good chunk of time

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Relevant to this thread's interest, here is Deimos with a rainbow coming out of her rear end:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

The Lobster posted:

Relevant to this thread's interest, here is Deimos with a rainbow coming out of her rear end:

You named your cat after the second episode of Doom?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

chaosapiant posted:

You named your cat after the second episode of Doom?

Her sister is Phobos. Moons of Mars.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

The Lobster posted:

Her sister is Phobos. Moons of Mars.

Again...Doom.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

Again...Doom.

You know, Mars did have named moons before Doom was a thing.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

GeminiSun posted:

You know, Mars did have named moons before Doom was a thing.

I learned the names of the Mars moons from Doom when I was 13 because American Schools.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I learned the names of the Mars moons from Doom when I was 13 because American Schools.

Fair.

:negative:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren: Woo, update! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dva-gxtJXA

Also:

Ya'll are having some kind of weird nerdy slappy fight in here and no one has yet mentioned that the moons of Mars (and whatever was in Doom probably) were named after the Greek gods Deimos, god of terror and Phobos, god of fear? They were twins, and the sons of Ares (Mars in Roman mythology) and Aphrodite.

Go read a book, nerds.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Silver Falcon posted:

:siren: Woo, update! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dva-gxtJXA

Also:

Ya'll are having some kind of weird nerdy slappy fight in here and no one has yet mentioned that the moons of Mars (and whatever was in Doom probably) were named after the Greek gods Deimos, god of terror and Phobos, god of fear? They were twins, and the sons of Ares (Mars in Roman mythology) and Aphrodite.

Go read a book, nerds.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Deimos more like dem asses send post

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Owl facts is the best segment :3: It's a shame that World doesn't have Prowler mode, some of the palico armour is ridiculously cute, like Tobi, Kulu and Lunastra.

Case in point:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ibblebibble posted:

Owl facts is the best segment :3: It's a shame that World doesn't have Prowler mode, some of the palico armour is ridiculously cute, like Tobi, Kulu and Lunastra.

Case in point:

Squeeee! This reminds me of that game, Never Alone. :3:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Mehitabel is the name of the alley cat from Don Marquis's fictional writings, Archy and Mehitabel which is the basis of a musical called Shinbone Alley.

While there is an animated version of it from 1971 which I'll post a link to, I should warn that like the original musical it deals with mature themes like suicide and was rated PG for the time it was made/released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJUdojAevqY

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 6, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Chimera-gui posted:

Mehitabel is the name of the alley cat from Don Marquis's fictional writings, Archy and Mehitabel which is the basis of a musical called Shinbone Alley.

While there is an animated version of it from 1971 which I'll post a link to, I should warn that like the original musical it deals with mature themes like suicide and was rated PG for the time it was made/released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJUdojAevqY

That makes sense, Mehitabel was my mom's cat before I was born (like WELL before I was born, she died at age 23 when I was only 14 and actually outlived my mom). My parents started calling her Sister when they got another cat, Maggie, who was the only other living creature Mehitabel liked. But we called her by both names throughout my childhood.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Please tell me they rigged up Arthur-Palico to have all his armor blow off the first time he takes a hit.

Though I suppose that'd be too much effort.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren: It's update time! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3nW_HmSpD0

And here is the animation I referenced in the last quest of the update. Enjoy!

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Labo cat reminds me of this cutie:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Chimera-gui posted:

Labo cat reminds me of this cutie:

That is a cutie!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren: And heeeeere's an update! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY7NUdgTY1Y

You get another Multiplayer shenanigans today! Special guest this time around is Demerine! Stay safe, everyone!

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I'm so glad there's more than one way to run around as a cat in a box. :kimchi:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Folks who watched Episode 2 of multiplayer shenanigans may recall that I played using the HR iterations of the skeleton and treasure gear though not the captain and crewman.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
There are too many adorable armors. How can you possibly show them all off?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fashion Hunter is super great with palicos since the equipment loadout isn't anywhere near as relevant.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

"Will it Cat?" Special Episode: Breaking Felyne News part 1

Hello, viewers! Today I have an extra special update for you! I thought of a terrible GREAT idea to present those boring Prowler quests in the multiplayer hub, as well as that last pesky Village quest! Said great idea takes heavy inspiration from the comic Breaking Cat News. I suggest having a quick look at it if you're not familar with it.

Anyway, here we go!

Welcome to Felyne News Network with your hosts Purregrine,

and Nyalcon! We've just received breaking news that someone has cleared all the Prowler quests over in the Hunter's Hub!

Why in the world would anyone do that to themselves?

Well, we go now live to the Hunter's Hub and our reporter, Meowltese with the story. Meowltese?

Thanks, Nyalcon! Yes, I'm here in the Hunter's Hub with the intrepid Prowler who did the quests. Sir, what compelled you to do this?

Hate self hate self hate self.

Well, there you have it, ladies! Only a Prowler with a deep sense of self loathing and way too much time on his hands, or no friends, would do such a thing!

I agree, Meowltese. Do we have word on which quests, exactly, this poor Prowler subjected himself to?

In fact we do!

Wycademy scientists report a sharp drop in the Maccao population.

I'm sure the little bastards will be back in force before too long.

This is just the sort of insultingly easy objective we've all come to expect from Prowler Quests.

Right you are, Purregrine

Haven't we done this sort of quest before? I'm having deja mew...

This quest really bugs me. Can't put my paw on why.

Well, thankfully that's all of them! Back to you, ladies!

Thanks, Meowltese! Oh, this just in! We've just received a report that the last Village quest has finally been completed!

For now, anyway. I'm sure there will be plenty more to do before long.

Mew know it! We'll now go live to Yukumo Village, to find out what kind of reward we get for this demeaning and insulting quest.

:cheeky: Here it is: a Cathar Tomato! It's so delicthious, it's to die for! It really isth! No joke! I'm sure you can make something nice with it at one of the Bistros. I'll thend it over later! Come and hang out again thometime, Hunter!

Well, that sounds intriguing at least! We'll now hand things over to Meowscular Chef, over in Bherna Village, to find out more. Meowscular?

Thank mew, Nyalcon! I'm here with the Purrprietess herself, ready to cook up some tasty mew dishes with the fresh Cathar Tomato.

The Chicken Shoot Rice combines bamboo sprouts and chicken, stewed in fresh Cathar Tomato. An excellent summer dish!

It pairs perfectly with our next dish, Prosciutto Salad. The sweet Cathar Tomato plays off the salty Rheno Prosciutto in a combination that is sure to please!

Eggplant 'n Tomato Pasta is guaranteed to be a hit with your vegeterian dinner guests! It's light, yet surprisingly hearty.

The carnivores among mew can't go wrong with Cathar Tomato Steak. The juicy steak and acidic tomato is truly a winning combination!

And with that, we now have many tasty new dishes to feed our brave Prowlers before their hunts!

That's great, Meowscular, and I hear that's not the only thing you have for us today!

Indeed it isn't! It's time for everyone's favorite segment: Felyne Fashions with Meowscular! Let's see what today's new fresh and fancy outfits are!

First, we have Heisenberg sporting the complete Pirate Treasure outfit! The weapon is a chalice found at the end of a long journey. Don't worry, a few dings won't hurt the value. Complementing this, his head is adorned with a crown found at the end of a long journey. Its decorations speak to the item's value. And last but not least, the body armor is a treasure chest found at the end of a long journey. It is filled with hopes and dreams. Thank mew, Heisenberg!

Next we have Gracie, modelling the complete Pirate Crew ensemble! She is armed with the grand golden key said to unlock the riches off a legendary Felyne pirate. On her head is a bold crimson bandana said to sharpen one's nose for tracking down treasure. Completing the set is durable attire that protects from the sea's dangers (and includes a treasure chest). Lovely, Gracie! Thanks for showing us.

Our next Felyne Fashion is sported by Growlcon, who will be showing off the Pirate Captain set! Her weapon is a spyglass used as a blunt weapon. Provides a cracked view of the world... Deep. Atop her head is a slice of the "yo-ho-ho!" that makes Palicoes as jovial as the lord of the Seven Seas. Completing the look is a suit with a wheel that was "borrowed" from port. This pirate thing has to stop... Better give that back, Growlcon!

Edgar is here to show us the last of the pirate fashions for today, with the Ghostly Pirate set! He is armed with the hook of a buried-treasure seeker. Great if you drop your keys behind furniture. His head is spookily attired with a treasure addict's headwear. Even now, he sails the seas in search of a lost fortune. Completing the look are what remains of a pirate who never gave up on his fortune. His spirit lives on within. How spooky!

Next Felyne Fashionista is Nero, who is showing off the Larinoth armor and Giant Acorn weapon! He'll blend right in with those Larinoth, and have a tasty snack while he's at it.

Now on to Dusty, sporting the Kittendant hat and suit, and the Barrel Basher. He's ready to take you to a faraway destination... but whoever heard of transport by barrel? That's just silly!

Blackjack has donned the full Mosgharl set for your admiration. Isn't he adorable? We already have a veritable horde of witches clamoring to make him their familiar.

For an academic flair, we have Artimis in the Scholarly Cap and Suit, armed with a Quest Book. She's ready to quest in the name of science!

And that's all the fashion I have today. Back to mew, ladies!

Fantastic! I'm glad our Prowlers will be well dressed as well as well fed on future hunts!

Well, that's all the time we have for today! Thanks for joining us. Felyne News Network, signing off.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

1. Is that a freaking Keyblade?!

2. That Moshgarl set looks sorta like the Black Mage from FF9, Vivi.

This was a funny update, hopefully you can do more of this.