Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fashionly snort posted:

Is anything from the new Knight codex going to apply to Renegade knights? I want to dedicate a cool FW lancer to the appropriate god.

Dedicate it to the only one worthy of veneration: Him on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
This all predicates on Forge World getting off their rear end.

So what I'm saying is hope you like more Custodes and HH backlog.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SteelMentor posted:

This all predicates on Forge World getting off their rear end.

So what I'm saying is hope you like more Custodes and HH backlog.

Don't forget six or seven Astraeus variants.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
There'll never be enough Albatrosses.

Albatrossi?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Zuul the Cat posted:

Who is starting a Deathwatch army and needs shoulder pads? I have a bunch left over that i'd be happy to donate, provided you post photos of them after they're painted.

No bare plastic nonsense.

Hey, I didn’t see anyone pipe up on this. My tiny Deathwatch Kill Team needs some bigly mans to chill out and purge Xenos with. If you’re offering, I’m well keen!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I, too, need shoulder pads something awful (I missed that post when it went up). I've got at least another 25 Primaris to convert, and the single upgrade sprue I've got isn't going to cut it.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So I mentioned a little while back that I just got into playing Warhammer with my friends! I was painting up a figure the other day when one of my daughters saw what I was doing, saddled up next to me, and started asking questions about what I was doing and if there were any “girl spacemen” in the game.

I know the sisters of battle have (or are getting) new plastic models soon. Has that happened yet? I am thinking about picking up a sisters of silence box so she can have some fun painting with me, and I was thinking about buying an inquisitor anyways since my faction (admech) have nothing to really defend themselves with in the psychic phase, and two of my friends run Eldar and 1000 Sons, so I need “something” going on there.

So could an inquisitor with sister acolytes work? I know it probably isn’t an efficient use of points, but I think it’d be fun to take to the table with a squad of hilariously painted figures done up by a five year old (and if I’m buying them I’d like to do something with them on the table).

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So I mentioned a little while back that I just got into playing Warhammer with my friends! I was painting up a figure the other day when one of my daughters saw what I was doing, saddled up next to me, and started asking questions about what I was doing and if there were any “girl spacemen” in the game.

I know the sisters of battle have (or are getting) new plastic models soon. Has that happened yet? I am thinking about picking up a sisters of silence box so she can have some fun painting with me, and I was thinking about buying an inquisitor anyways since my faction (admech) have nothing to really defend themselves with in the psychic phase, and two of my friends run Eldar and 1000 Sons, so I need “something” going on there.

So could an inquisitor with sister acolytes work? I know it probably isn’t an efficient use of points, but I think it’d be fun to take to the table with a squad of hilariously painted figures done up by a five year old (and if I’m buying them I’d like to do something with them on the table).

Unfortunately you will run into some trouble during detachment building if you want to use an inquisitor and sisters (of silence and/or battle) because you need one detachment for each now. You can, however, run them as acolytes using the acolyte rules as long as you (and your opponent) are clear on what is what, since acolytes don't have power armor.

While they're not 100% accurate for weapons, I've been using Eschers as acolytes as well.

Eschers also look great with bright wild colors, if that's a factor, which I suspect it might be.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Giant Isopod posted:

Unfortunately you will run into some trouble during detachment building if you want to use an inquisitor and sisters (of silence and/or battle) because you need one detachment for each now. You can, however, run them as acolytes using the acolyte rules as long as you (and your opponent) are clear on what is what, since acolytes don't have power armor.

While they're not 100% accurate for weapons, I've been using Eschers as acolytes as well.

Eschers also look great with bright wild colors, if that's a factor, which I suspect it might be.

Thank you, I’ll look into that! Yes, bright colors are for sure a thing - I had a tech priest that had an unfortunate accident in the ol’ Paintorium the other day that he’ll have trouble explaining to his magus.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

One other option for female models is female guard heads from a third party.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I have some nephews that I’ve let paint my figures since they were 6 or so. Here’s a sheet of some of their work in no particular order, they’ve gotten better over the years. I kept them mostly on noise Marines so the eye gouging paintjobs would be thematic.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Badablack posted:

I have some nephews that I’ve let paint my figures since they were 6 or so. Here’s a sheet of some of their work in no particular order, they’ve gotten better over the years. I kept them mostly on noise Marines so the eye gouging paintjobs would be thematic.

The Coolest Uncle.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Statuesque in the UK is generally considered very good. They have heroic scale heads to put on thicker figures (like Cadians) and “heroic narrows” for thinner figures (like dark elf witches).

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

One_Wing posted:

That would be an excellent decision and i’d be legit no-sarcasm delighted if the rules team are forward thinking enough to have put that in.

Also, now I have to decide between calling them warlads or bigly knights. You’ve made this very hard for me.

Chaos gate was cool and good and you can get it on GOG, where it’s still kinda fun if heinously dated. Also, assault cannons are some overpowered bullshit, so really it predicted the early 8th edition meta by nearly 20 years.

Second edition rules. Therein, assault cannons were ridiculously good. Three sustained fire dice shots at high strength with a large negative armour modifier. GW balanced them based on a negative outcome, namely that on rolling three jams it exploded.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The Neon pink/green Noise Marines are rad as all hell. I'm half tempted to steal the look.

Edit: Speaking of though, can anyone recommend any neonish hot pinks? Screamer is too dark, Emperor's Children too pastel. Not really synthwave enough for the look.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 1, 2018

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
You could try:

https://www.amazon.ca/Vallejo-Magenta-Fluorescent-Paint-17ml/dp/B000PH7OGQ

I haven't been successful with vallejo's fluorescents, but apparently I've been doing it wrong. Should have been putting a shiny metal underneath.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Milotic posted:

Nope. Only knight stuff will continue to be in the Chaos Index. GW like leaving money on the table I guess. Even though a chaotic freeblade table and chaotic burden table would be awesome.

expecting gw to include rules for more than one faction in a codex is insane

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I painted a big yellow flying brick.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Badablack posted:

Haha that is amazing, I am jealous! My kid did a better job thinning her paint than I did my first time around, which reflects pretty poorly on me in retrospect

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

The model as a whole looks amazing but I am particularly into the weathering you do on your fists. It really does a good job of tying the yellow and back together to me.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I wish I could paint like Booley.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Booley posted:

Sick

I made an even worse life decision than painting a yellow army

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

I made an even worse life decision than painting a yellow army

God you are an idiot.

:same:

Edit: Im dumber though. I started my nids like a month before I had a newborn

Salynne fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 1, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Tiny army of big bugs: thumbs down

Huge army of small bugs: thumbs up

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Indeed. I'd rather get overrun by termagants and hormagaunts than face the guy I played at my local GW store who brought Kraken nids consisting of a Flyrant, neurothrope, Old One Eye and two more carnifexes, and a bunch of genestealers on a 4x4 table. He had a good time, I guess.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Spray and dip them motherfuckers, spray and dip!

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
I went with the barest-rear end minimum possible effort in my tyranid color scheme. White base, gloss brown wash, red inked fleshy bits, and it’s still the worst thing to try and paint these little fuckers.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Picked up the Space Marine on steam, all the add-in poo poo came to 15 bucks. Is the multiplayer still active?

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Haha that is amazing, I am jealous! My kid did a better job thinning her paint than I did my first time around, which reflects pretty poorly on me in retrospect

Or, alternatively, it reflects well on you as a teacher!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Got Armageddon Complete on Steam!

:woop:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Schadenboner posted:

Nice. I've been playing Deathwing a bit and its way better than on launch. Ran like poo poo then but now it's actually lots of fun and loving creepy to boot. Not thing like being a superman tank with magical powers constantly going "WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT NOISE!!????"

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
I see a bunch of warhammer poo poo is on sale on steam. I haven't played any of the dawn of war series. I heard 3 is bad, but which of the other two is worth playing?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Is it good? It looks up my alley.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Nnnnnngh, I am very, very tempted to shell out 40 bucks and do up one of the knights from the renegade kit as a lancer:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/539909064/imperial-mech-breach-shield-conversion?ref=shop_home_active_1

I have a huge hard on for massive robot centurions.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

TWSS posted:

I see a bunch of warhammer poo poo is on sale on steam. I haven't played any of the dawn of war series. I heard 3 is bad, but which of the other two is worth playing?

DoW3 isn't bad. It's not as good as the rest of the series in a few noticeable ways, but it's solid and nerds are giant-rear end babies about it.

Watching Knights chaingun their way through hordes of Orks, or Wraithknights pull their anime sliding bullshit all over a bunch of Marines is incredibly satisfying.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SteelMentor posted:

DoW3 isn't bad. It's not as good as the rest of the series in a few noticeable ways, but it's solid and nerds are giant-rear end babies about it.

Watching Knights chaingun their way through hordes of Orks, or Wraithknights pull their anime sliding bullshit all over a bunch of Marines is incredibly satisfying.

Man I hard disagree. The animation just doesn't do it for me and while I watch those things happen my brain goes "this should be awesome but meh". It's not the worst game ever made but it's definitely a good example of developers making a series of poor design decisions.

I'd say get it cheap but don't pay over $20 for it or you might feel cheated.

TWSS posted:

Get 2 if you like commandos style games, it looks pretty and feels weighty. Fun campaigns taking your stalwart marines through to the end collecting gear and killing thousands of enemies like a Matt Ward superhero team. Also the Ork campaign meantioned itt recently owns, that's in the retribution expansion.

JBP fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 1, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
DoW3 was boring, which is basically the worst sin imaginable for something set in the 40k universe.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

JBP posted:

Man I hard disagree. The animation just doesn't do it for me and while I watch those things happen my brain goes "this should be awesome but meh". It's not the worst game ever made but it's definitely a good example of developers making a series of poor design decisions.

I'd say get it cheap but don't pay over $20 for it or you might feel cheated.

Just an FYI, its on stale on steam right now for $9.99

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PaintVagrant posted:

Just an FYI, its on stale on steam right now for $9.99

Try it at that price for sure. Blessed is the mind buying cheap steam games with low expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Counterpoint: Old One Eye, 3x3 Carnifexes