Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, the implication I get from the scene just now is that Ominas Crowe actually killed the party in this world, and just now felt like he was being attacked by their ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. It seems like we're trailing just behind our... other selves? Are they off killing their way through the Eternians?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

If you didn't remember OP pointing it out earlier, blue !s are optional missions. These boss refights are all those blue !s. If you wanted to just go straight to the four temples and reawaken the crystals, well then, good for you.

OP doesn't have that luxury.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Clarste posted:

Well, the implication I get from the scene just now is that Ominas Crowe actually killed the party in this world, and just now felt like he was being attacked by their ghosts.

Yeah, that was my impression as well.
What the gently caress is going on here?

Shouldn't there be an OG Grandship by the way?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Omobono posted:

Yeah, that was my impression as well.
What the gently caress is going on here?

Shouldn't there be an OG Grandship by the way?
There is currently a marker in the ocean between Ancheim and Eisenberg...

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Clarste posted:

Iirc he drops a second copy of Ise-no-Kami, the katana that Edea starts out equipped with.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Commander Keene posted:

There is currently a marker in the ocean between Ancheim and Eisenberg...

So my first instinct would be to check on OG Batz, Zatz and the proprietress; after that go knocking at DeRosso's to see if he's home and willing to give further answers (yea right) and then go at the Sage's for the same thing.

We're going to get a negative amount of answers somehow, aren't we?

E:

Dartonus posted:

Iirc he drops a second copy of Ise-no-Kami, the katana that Edea starts out equipped with.

This is pretty much confirmation.
HOW exactly did our jump back screw things this badly? We haven't even interacted with our past selves.
Especially since Ringabel's first timetravel rondo DIDN'T mess things up.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 29, 2018

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Clarste posted:

Yeah, I got the same impression as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
May have not been the party just Edea as she was the only one he really reacted to.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
It sounds like Ominas is surprised to see Edea together with the Vestal so if he killed all of them it probably wasn't at the same time.
We will see if anyone else makes references to past encoutners with anyone from our party.

But even if Tiz II and Agnes II weren't burnt to a crisp already it's not looking good for them. Seems like there is no second (third? fourth?) Ringabel this time. And with Ominas implying he killed Edea the other Vestal party is down to two people...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Clarste posted:

Yeah, that was my assumption as well.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Honestly, while I understand that the "repeating your quest" thing might not be for everyone, I never felt like it grated on me, perhaps because I found it paid off in a pretty spectacular manner in the end. But that's just me.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Folt The Bolt posted:

Honestly, while I understand that the "repeating your quest" thing might not be for everyone, I never felt like it grated on me, perhaps because I found it paid off in a pretty spectacular manner in the end. But that's just me.

I'm curious to see that spectacular manner, because about 2-3 more updates from now is where I said "gently caress this game."

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Folt The Bolt posted:

I agree as it is quite fun running into old enemies and seeing how different they are in this version of the world.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Hunt11 posted:

I agree as it is quite fun running into old enemies and seeing how different they are in this version of the world.

Yeah, I agree with that too.

But there was much frustration at the plot.

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Let's Learn Jobs: Dark Knight

Ready to fill your heart with self-destructive rage and hide your true self behind a mask? Check out Dark Knight! They hit hard, they hit fast, and with some method of healing, they can destroy the opponent. Without proper healing, however, they're more likely to destroy themselves first.

Dark Knights haven't changed much from their roots in FF3. They are one of the ultimate physical offensive units, their gimmick being that their powerful attacks are partly fueled by their own health. FF4 has this as a main plot point when protagonist Cecil undergoes a journey to find himself, ultimately giving up Dark Knight for Paladin so he can protect instead of destroy.

Dark Knights have two main features: a full suit of black armor and a blade. For max aesthetic points, the blade should be black or red, the color of darkness or you and your opponent's blood.

Dark Knights are masters of both eastern and western swords. Their stat focus is solely on physical offense, though they do have proficiency in armor for some added protection.

Blue are support abilities, red are skill abilities.

Level 1 - Dark Bane: Deal 125% dark physical damage to single target at cost of 20% max HP.
Level 2 - Abate Dark: Halves dark damage. (Cost: 1)
Level 3 - Adversity: Allows other jobs to equip the dark knight specialty. (Cost: 1)
Level 4 - Demon Master: Attempt to charm demonkind enemy. (6 MP)
Level 5 - See You in Hell: When K.O.'d, deal 400% damage to all enemies. Does not work with Reraise applied. (Cost: 1)
Level 6 - Minus Strike: Deal damage equal to max HP minus current HP. (16 MP)
Level 7 - Helm Lore: Allows other jobs to have S-proficiency with helms. (Cost: 1)
Level 8 - Black Bane: Deal 150% dark physical damage to all enemies at cost of 30% max HP.
Level 9 - Gloom: Dark attacks deal 125% damage. (Cost: 1)
Level 10 - Absorb Magic: During entire turn, nullify and absorb magic attack damage.
Level 11 - Dark Nebula: Deal 400% dark damage to all allies and enemies at cost of 20% max HP.
Level 12 - Physical Attack 30% Up (Cost: 3)
Level 13 - Life or Death: Physical and Magical Attack and Defense raised 50% each turn for 4 turns, but enter Doom state.
Level 14 - Rage: Dark Bane used up to 5 times or until HP falls to 1. (2 BP)

Dark Knight abilities are straightforward except for the whole dealing damage to the user/party, so the main question when using the job is how to mitigate or nullify damage to yourself and possibly the rest of your team. The job's support abilities focus on wracking damage up even higher.

This support is complementary to the masochistic playstyle of a Dark Knight, but probably won't be worthwhile for other jobs.

Dark Knights wear their signature suit of black armor embellished with gold, lending a grim but regal look. Joints and other open areas are obscured by some sort of black underwear and/or the power of darkness.

As usual, the suits differ between men and women, with the women's having a longer skirt and lacking upper chest coverage while the men lack upper thigh coverage. Both men and women's suits also have convenient holes for stabbing the guts. Maybe the darkness underwear is some sort of protective mesh. Interestingly, the woman's helms only cover part of their faces, but the exposed area is still obscured by shadow. Very thorough!

Greyarc fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 2, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Dark Knight pairs well with Spell Fencer. If you put on Drain Sword, DRK does full damage while recovering HP with every attack.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
Or you could use the blood blade as an item to activate the drain effect and be free to have another job as well.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
IIRC, in the original Japanese release Rage was only limited by your HP, with no maximum number of hits. So with the Drain Sword buff you'd literally kill anything in the game in a single action.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And of course, DK Ringabel is identical to Alternis.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There are differences between Tiz's and Ringabel's Dark Knight costumes. You just have to be looking very closely to notice them.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ultrafilter posted:

There are differences between Tiz's and Ringabel's Dark Knight costumes. You just have to be looking very closely to notice them.
Tiz has a fifth central gold spike on his helmet, whereas Ringabel only has four, but that's the only difference I could spot at a glance.

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
Only thing I've caught (besides the mentioned helmet spikes) is the arm armor. Ringabel's has more ridges.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Ringabel's helmet also has sort of a frown.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Dark Knight pairs well with Spell Fencer. If you put on Drain Sword, DRK does full damage while recovering HP with every attack.

Dark Knights pair very, very well with a Spiritmaster.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

Or you could use the blood blade as an item to activate the drain effect and be free to have another job as well.

This. You can hit for 9999 five times easily and heal yourself to full in the process. It's disgustingly good and the freedom to have another secondary lets you stack more buffs and debuffs.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I can't remember the precise combination anymore, but I had a Spiritmaster give my entire party dark absorb, then the Dark Knight used Nebula until the opposing team disintegrated. The only really awkward part of this setup was the one time I forgot to double check everyone's speed and the Dark Knight went first.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

If you have dark absorption on your team, you can just go wild.

Or use drain and the dark knight skills.

Either way, it’s a class that has penalties for its attacks, penalties that you can, you know, easily work around given your large number of items / jobs.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Side-by-side comparison with Tiz on the left and Ringabel on the right:

The major differences are the fifth spike and the gauntlets. There are also some minor differences in the images for the other parts, but those could be artifacts.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Blademaster_Aio posted:

If you have dark absorption on your team, you can just go wild.

Or use drain and the dark knight skills.

Either way, it’s a class that has penalties for its attacks, penalties that you can, you know, easily work around given your large number of items / jobs.
I once sent a max-boosted Bravely Second Dark Nebula as a Friend Summon. I don't know if anyone ever used it, but if you had absorption on everyone, like I did when I sent it, it was likely that your opponents would die and you'd get a full heal, whereas using it otherwise was suicide.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Dark Knight is disgustingly broken in this game.

You either AoE for cap damage 4 times (3 times on t1) or hit an opponent for 20,000 (15,000 T1) damage in a turn.

It's ridiculous.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Armor: A
Shield: A
Helmet: S
And the Helmet S skill

There is something endearing about Dark Knight being so committed to that gimmick.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

This. You can hit for 9999 five times easily and heal yourself to full in the process. It's disgustingly good and the freedom to have another secondary lets you stack more buffs and debuffs.
I'm not sure what else you'd even need when Adversity pushes you up to the buff cap in a Rage or two. (Although looking at the numbers up there, it shouldn't be triggering? Odd, it always did for me.)

Maybe a way to deal with undead, because reliance on Drain means they're the one thing a Dark Knight Spellfencer can't handle.

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 1, 2018

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Quantum Toast posted:

I'm not sure what else you'd even need when Adversity pushes you up to the buff cap in a Rage or two. (Although looking at the numbers up there, it shouldn't be triggering? Odd, it always did for me.)

Maybe a way to deal with undead, because reliance on Drain means they're the one thing a Dark Knight Spellfencer can't handle.

Setting dark weakness on the enemy, mostly. I think I also needed to lower at least one of the boss's defensive stats to hit 9999? It's been a while.
Regardless, it's one of those nice perks that let you keep some emergency oh crap buttons on your dark knights while they rip everything to shreds.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Quantum Toast posted:

Actually the spell fencer sub means they can just use spell fencing to take care of any pesky undead.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Actually the spell fencer sub means they can just use spell fencing to take care of any pesky undead.
I think I paired Dark Knight with Salve-Maker for a while, because Salve-Maker can add elemental weaknesses, which DK loves, and can deal effectively with undead, which DK has problems with.

I paired Spell Fencer with Ninja until very late in the game, because those two work really well together IMO.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm loving this game so much. I bought the sequel to play when this LP is done

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, definitely wise to hold off, since literally the first thing you see when you start Second is an introduction cutscene that spoils a TON of stuff we’ve yet to see.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Plus the sequel assumes you’re familiar with the events of the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Entry 81: In Honor of FF5's Influence, Tiz Should Rightfully Be Called 'Butts'

Barras Lehr, Holly Whyte, and Ominas Crowe have been taken down by the party, again.

Agnès stole this rod from Ominas. As you might guess from the description, these can be bought from Eternia City's armory as well! It's always nice when datalog entries are relevant to gameplay.

Also, as Dartonus pointed out, there is another interesting item that Ominas dropped: Ise-no-Kami, the blade that Swordmaster Kamiizumi gave to his prize student Edea for her first mission. But why would Ominas have it? Just what happened here before we arrived, and how much fire was involved?

Going after more Eternians might help explain things, though the delay'll irritate Airy. Given the opinion some of you have of Airy, I guess that's just an added bonus.

Lontano Villa is occupied by the leader of the Eternian Sky Knights, Argent Heinkel. From what we've read in various places, he seems like he's normally a fairly laid-back and trustworthy fellow.

Maybe this time we can talk with him before he gets any crazy ideas about, say, kidnapping the king and killing a bunch of Caldislan soldiers.

Heinkel's near the top of the fort and, as you can see, we're already off to a great start.

I know not who your companions are, Edea, but you had better change your tune, or else! For better or worse, you are the grand marshal's daughter, and still hold at least some sway in the duchy!

Agnès isn't recognized as the wind vestal, but Edea's still known as a traitor. Interesting.

Also, Heinkel's dialogue here is the same whether you've killed Barras, Holly, and Ominas or not.

Anyway, Heinkel may have treated Alternis as a friend, but he gives Edea with the same parental disdain as everyone else.

Agnès, meanwhile, has noticed the version difference herself, and whispers to Tiz.

He doesn't seem to realize I am the wind vestal.

The king has not been captured, either. Why?

Edea, you know full well what will happen if you revolt against the duchy! Consider this carefully! Do you really intend to take up with these ruffians who accompany you?

They are no ruffians! They are my friends!

I could not follow the path the Knights of the Eternian Sky had taken...

So I set out to see the world with my own eyes, and now I have settled things with my father...

But perhaps that was all a dream...?

Your words make no sense!

:sigh:

Take a moment to recall the background on Heinkel and Edea, here.

Braev entrusted Heinkel with overseeing his only child's first foray out of Eternia. Edea joined the Sky Knights pretty much a naive kid and was treated as such. Heinkel's command was weak, with Holly, Barras, and Ominas each being allowed to wreak their own brand of havoc. At some point, Edea disagreed with Ominas and took off with some hooligans, or at least that's the rumor. Does Heinkel know the details of what happened, or was he turning a blind eye to Edea's trouble with Ominas, on top of everything else?

That is why he assigned you to the Eternian Sky Knights! But you throw it back in his face! For shame!

In any case, Heinkel was presumably told to keep a close eye on Edea and failed to do so. Eventually, Edea returned to Heinkel. His first response was to try and kill her, despite her attempts to talk.

If he succeeded, I'm sure that would go over swimmingly with Braev.

Anyway, Heinkel, prepare to die and all that.

Heinkel is described as leader-like by others. He may have the outward confidence of a leader, but his plans and wisdom seem to continually fall short here in Caldisla. When you aren't willing to oversee underlings who are prone to impulsive violence, and your best plan then killing yourself and destroying your country's brand new precious airship, leaving no one in charge of the region and failing to bring the wind vestal in alive, you may not be the best person to take charge.

Heinkel's so laser-focused on doing his mission at whatever cost...

...He doesn't notice problems and fix them before they can sabotage said mission.

Can't complete missions when you're dead, buddy.

If only we could have spent more time talking, and hearing each other out.

He reminds me of someone.

Who?

Someone with a strong sense of justice and quick to anger...

Ah...

...and who won't budge once a decision has been made.

Oh...

So, who is it?

Someone with whom you can't have a calm discussion about anything.

Are you going to tell us who it is or not!?

If things had gone differently, Edea might have ended up like Heinkel, but maybe not. She was open-minded enough to join the wind vestal after growing up surrounded by Anticrystalists. That's no small thing.

Caldisla's now free of Eternian threat.

Before moving on, let's check in on the king and the still-alive Owen.

You've been doing our work for us, Tiz. I'm starting to lose count of the times you've saved us.

Ahh, Tiz! I hear tell you vanquished that wicked mage! You have my undying gratitude, Tiz. You and your friends both.

Since the team was so preemptive in stopping the Sky Knights, Heinkel never got a chance to do anything in Caldisla directly. He was never even known as a threat.

With danger out of the way, Tiz tries jogging the locals' memories one last time.

Hmm? Egil? Let me think... No, I cannot say that I have heard of him.

You gave him the badge of a young soldier...

Ah, the young soldier's badge. That takes me back. How do you know of this badge, Tiz?

Well... You see...

It's simple, just tell him:

We found out after you were killed in battle by the guy we just killed. Not by his corpse or anything. He was alive back then and stormed the capital and kidnapped the king, but this time he didn't and the king's not traumatized and the Eschalot's still docked and you're still alive so now maybe your Dad won't get terribly depressed and be willing to take in an adoptive son who was an orphan boy we rescued from slavery during a war we almost singlehandedly won earlier but haven't participated in yet, in fact we should probably go check in on things because if Egil isn't here the war might still be going on in Eisenberg and that'd mean Qada's still alive so we should make sure to stop the chemical weapons that were thrown into lava but not yet this time--

Then again, that might just confuse him. Let's stay quiet instead.

When he was a young man, he was determined to become a soldier of this realm.

It is embarrassing to think of now...

Since then, Owen is the only one to whom I have bequeathed the badge.

I see...

We've covered Caldisla as well as we could. If we want answers, we're going to have to leave.

Let's take Airy's advice and start with good ol' Harena and the Wind Crystal.

On the way there, Ringabel talks with Zatz and Datz while the rest of the party checks over Grandship.

What's going on?

Well, I was just talking to Datz and Zatz about the Eschalot. They had an idea...

An idea? About the Eschalot?

That's right! We're using her as sea vessel now, but as you know, the Eschalot was originally an airship.

Right. The skystone that allowed her to fly was shattered.

Right. I've heard that story before.

But she's still an airship. Sure, she can sail the open sea, but not as well as a real sea vessel.

Lucky for us, Grandship has plenty of seaworthy vessels stowed away. You can take your pick.

If you want, we can get one of them ready for you to use. That's what we were talking about.

Another ship? But I don't have any problem with the Eschalot just the way she is.

And she's fast enough for our needs.

I agree. But above all, we have become quite attached to the Eschalot.

Yes, it's where I fought my very first battle, after all.

And even though I don't recall ever sailing it, I took to the helm with almost frightening ease.

We had a hard time at first when it attacked us, though.

True, but that led to me meeting Tiz and the others.

The Eschalot has been like another member of our party ever since.

I suppose that settles it.

You folks have become attached to the old girl. And I don't think anything I could say would change your mind.

You could say that again.

But we're counting on you to keep the Eschalot shipshape and seaworthy.

Course we will. Just leave it to us.

The party would have a lot more trouble if they didn't have Zatz and Datz watching their back.

Even if they are just as confused as we are.

Somewhere between the Pillar of Light and now, Zatz got ahold of the ultimate black, white, and time spells. There's pretty sweet stuff here for magic-users.

Also, the tavern also picked up a new fuzzy visitor.

Five chapters and an extended prologue in, we've gotten the ability to change character names.

But considering we've gone this far with the defaults, we're not going to switch now.

Oh, hey, look out on deck! We can see Grandship below Grandship! Let's buzz them, that might wake up the Sleeping Council.

(Also, yes, we are flying the wrong way to get to Harena. No wonder it's taking so long.)

The party finally makes it over to the Flor-Cheim Inner Sea, once again one of the only spots of clear water in the world.

As in Caldisla, the monsters here are far more powerful than they were before, as though they underwent a slightly different, more volatile evolutionary path.

Or maybe they were here before, too, but the party managed to avoid them? It's just another mystery to throw on the pile.

In any case, these monsters are substantially harder and will kill you if you get too careless.

Vampires are excellent for taking 'em down, due to their wide range of elemental multi-target genome skills.

Once on land, the party fights their way across the desert to Ancheim.

...Here's a question: if the wind's stopped, why are the clouds overhead still moving?

What's the point of adding crystals that control the elements if you aren't consistent about their effects on the environment?

Video games are a playground where we can experience worlds different from our own. It can be frustrating to see such potentially interesting concepts fall flat.

Some power in the world animates corpses. What is it? No idea. The cait sith are apparently sentient and have a whole civilization, but all we do is kill them.

Of course, you could argue that having interesting things unexplained in the background is the point and a reflection of reality, where each of us only ever experiences a tiny slice of what's going on in the world.

Anyway, in Ancheim, things have reverted to how they were when the party first arrived in Chapter 1. Not surprising, but disappointing.

King/Time Mage Khamer is on the throne, and Profiteur is still being the mascot of unregulated capitalism.

We might need the crystals to live, but we don't have to like it.

Most of the townspeople adore the wind vestal, but there are some exceptions who support Khamer's Anticrystalist view.

All the areas in Harena, such as Harena Ruins (the thieves den) are open to us, but let's check the Wind Crystal first.

Airy has a ton of dialogue depending on area and state of the main quest, so I'm only showing off some of them. Trust me, most are some variation on 'stop goofing off, crystals crystals crystals'.

She also always cheers up once you get to a temple like you're supposed to.

Most areas have new enemies, and since we're going through so quickly, we're meeting a lot of them one right after another.

This also means we're filling out the bestiary at a good pace. This is the last entry in the humanoid enemy section (doesn't count bosses)!

Shadowy ones? Come to think, we still don't know who or what is calcifying the crystals, or how exactly the ___ of Doom bosses fit into this.

Is this a natural version of the mini-dragons used by Eternia, or one that's been affected by darkness and the 'shadowy ones'?

None of this bodes well for the state of the wind crystal.

The crystal has reverted to its pre-awakened state. Do you know the cause of this, Airy?

The crystals have never been awakened before, so I'm new at this, too...

But you are a cryst-fairy, right?

Yes, but that doesn't mean I know everything...

Should we perform the Rite of Awakening?

I think so...

*ROOOAAAAR*

Ah!? That's...Orthros, the Bringer of Doom!

So the creature is back as well!

We'll just have to defeat them again!

This wasn't mentioned in the LP proper before, but a commenter at the time pointed out that Orthros is actually the brother of Cerberus, with two heads instead of three. It is also yet another on the long list of creatures killed by Heracles/Hercules.

Orthros is the same as before but with higher stats. With elemental protection, it's such a fast and easy fight it's not worth mentioning.

Nevertheless, the party's winded after the battle.

Phew, that was rough... I don't remember that being as hard last time.

I thought the same...

Hurry up and awaken the crystal before we are beset by more beasts!

Of course.

Next: The second awakening, and the aiding of Ancheim.

--

Event Viewer
Main Scenario:
Creatures of Doom
Escalating Doom

Sub-Scenario:
Heinkel's Speech
Heinkel's End
Of the Young Soldier's Badge

Party Chat:
Reminds Me of Someone
Naval Attachment

D's Journal: Heinkel the Knight posted:

After entering the Holy Pillar and awakening in Caldisla, we journeyed to Lontano Villa. On its uppermost floor we encountered the knight Heinkel, who rebuked Edea for betraying the duchy despite being daughter to the grand marshal. He then attacked, saying she would have to learn the resolve of a knight the hard way. Though daunted, we won the battle, and set off again.

D's Journal: The King of Caldisla posted:

We entered the Holy Pillar, and were surrounded by light. When we awoke, we found ourselves at in[sic] the inn in Caldisla. We went to the palace to see the king, but he no longer remembered Egil, or that he had given him the badge of a young soldier...

Greyarc fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 5, 2018