Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This is beautiful and I feel so bad for that dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
This is pretty snazzy.

http://poe-roadmap.com/index.php

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Can I get an invite for Saltsword if there is still space remaining?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ciaphas posted:

Memory's starting to worm back, are we still using NeverSink filters, Path of Building, PoE-TradeMacro, poe.trade itself and MercuryTrade? Or have some of those been replaced by now?

I don't use MercuryTrade, but yes on all the others.

GGG does have their poe.trade though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

QuantaStarFire posted:

This is beautiful and I feel so bad for that dude.

I think I've finally played enough of this game to understand why that's funny.

Ha ha!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

MerrMan posted:

Pretty sure I'm going to go with the Reave Champion build that's been floating around. Lots of things going for it in my case: stat sticks are still ungodly good, the vaal changes freeing up a gem slot (although no quality... going to be interesting to see how this shakes out), I've always wanted to try Reave and Champion was the first ascendancy I played back in 2.0. Pretty excited.

Reave is kind of a pain in the rear end early on so I'll probably just run Lacerate - it got some buffs and it was ok before. Bestiary was a huge miss for me, I ducked out maybe two weeks in to the league, but Incursion is looking really good and taking basically a whole season off means I'm ready to click the gently caress out of some monsters.

Leaning towards a champion, probably reave, myself, was also considering hegemony era champion with new infernal blow, groundslam or sunder.

After getting the cash from the champion was leaning towards a BV or that funny full unique item ancestral howa heirophant that ends up with 1900+ intelligence.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Can I get an invite on Arra please?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Do the funky vaal gems (20% skill duration for vaal skills, 120% crit for vaal skills, etc) work on the regular skill version now that they have the vaal tag?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Complete Deadly Encounters
Complete each of the following deadly encounters.

Red Tier Elder
The Shaper
Uber Elder
Vaal Temple

:( got to actually learn how to play the game to kill uber elder

Complete these Encounters III
Complete any 4 of the following Encounters.
https://poedb.tw/us/achi.php?n=Complete+these+Encounters+III&c=Incursion

wow what a lovely challenge

Defeat Guardian of the Phoenix with 5 phoenixes alive

don't have any aoe challenge

Sacrifice a Unique Item to get another of the same class on the Altar of Sacrifice

What good poo poo can you get out of that

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 1, 2018

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

"Defeat the Trio of bosses in the Alluring Abyss by killing each of the following bosses last."

nope

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Cause Map Influence
Cause Elder influence to move onto a Shaper influenced map, or cause Shaper influence to move onto an Elder influenced map. This occurs by defeating the Map Boss of a Map which is influenced by either Elder or Shaper, and the opposing influence is on an adjacent map.

I bet that's a grind and you need to do it 500 times

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Complete any 4 of the following Encounters.
https://poedb.tw/us/achi.php?n=Complete+these+Encounters+III&c=Incursion

wow what a lovely challenge

I thought this one was okay until I noticed "Touch Acceleration Shrines"

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
85 Bleeding cannot be inflicted on you Rings(0.1%)

Corrupt a thousand ilvl 85 rings and get that once, nice

Spells have +(0.5–0.8)% to Critical Strike Chance Gloves(1.25%)

Dang

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 1, 2018

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jusupov posted:

85 Bleeding cannot be inflicted on you Rings(0.1%)

Corrupt a thousand ilvl 85 rings and get that once, nice

Is that the probability when using a vaal orb, or is it the probably of getting that implicit given that it decided to give you an implicit?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Looks like guild invites should all be caught up.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is that the probability when using a vaal orb, or is it the probably of getting that implicit given that it decided to give you an implicit?

people are literally going to kill themselves if it is the latter

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Just looking at Amulets - I'm hoping to Vaal a lot of Marylene's this league so pretty relevant for me - they have a lot of good implicit mods now. Basically all the existing ones like block chance or elemental leech have been buffed a bit to have their numbers actually be somewhat relevant. Then there are solid new ones like up to 20% increased aura effect for Hatred/Wrath/Anger/Discipline, Item Quantity, 4 - 6% increased stats for TWO stats in one implicit, and the already seen level 23 Purities for that extra point of max res.

E: Helms get +1 maximum Power Charges now, my dual Void Battery build is simultaneously salivating and in despair knowing I'll never get it.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 1, 2018

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Does anyone have an arc totem build they'd recommend?

I found this one but it looks a bit squishy for HC: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115624

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
I almost forgot...
If the guild isn't full yet I would love an invite for PoetsLL

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
If I'm running an Occultist build with Warlord's Mark for the mana-gain, is there any real reason not to pick up Ghost Reaver?

Even with reduced curse effectiveness, the time to reach max leech rate against Guardians/Shaper is showing as only 1.8 seconds in PoB which is about the same time it takes for ES recharge to start after taking a hit. And max leech rate is basically identical to the amount of Recharge I lose. So it's effectively just 2 points on the tree for more consistent ES-gain, right?

As an aside I just checked by replacing my mapping gems with some boss-killing ones, doubling my dps, and the time to reach max leech rate went up to 2 seconds??? The leech/second went up as expected and the cap stays the same. I don't understand PoB.

E: Also something weird is going on with Assassin's Mark. The build I've been tinkering with now shows a massive +2% crit from it. If I load a build I haven't done anything with the last couple days, it's showing as +11%.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jun 1, 2018

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Insurrectionist posted:

E: Helms get +1 maximum Power Charges now, my dual Void Battery build is simultaneously salivating and in despair knowing I'll never get it.

I just had the thought that VBs might get super expensive this league, as an alternative to shimmerons, new PC on crit is another puzzle piece that makes VBs super good

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
PoB doesn't include Culling Strike in dps calculations, right?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Could I get an invite on Orvduel, please.

Still trying to decide what to go for a starter build for Incursion. It seems like a lot of my dislike of the game (aside from long, long ago when I think it was genuinely bad) was just a lack of understanding, and it turns out there's a lot of really fun builds out there. Too many, probably, as people frequently lament.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Insurrectionist posted:

PoB doesn't include Culling Strike in dps calculations, right?

Path of Building Folder/Data/3_0/Skills
sup_dex.lua
Control-F "Culling"

under baseMods add:
mod("Damage", "MORE", 11.111), --"damage_+%" = 0.11111

Be mindful that it'll probably reset next time an update to any support dex gem happens.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Hahahaha, the endgame grind challenge requires getting level 100.

I might be really in the mood for a clickmans game right now after a 6+ week break, but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Hahahaha, the endgame grind challenge requires getting level 100.

I might be really in the mood for a clickmans game right now after a 6+ week break, but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

In terms of hours played/maps completed that's actually less than the 1500 influenced maps challenge from 3.2, it just requires you do it all on one char

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I mean probably, but there's not a single character I could ever think of in the history of playing this game that I could stand to play all the way to 100. My absolute highest was 94, which I just might possibly break this league because I do like trapper builds. Once I get past 90 I run incredibly stupid rippy red maps and get reckless, I just can't see myself playing optimally for that long.

Speaking of trapper builds: I am going to probably be a Sab for my starting trapper. I've got too many ideas for Elementalist this league and I'm not making two of them, nor am I doing full respecs.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I mean probably, but there's not a single character I could ever think of in the history of playing this game that I could stand to play all the way to 100. My absolute highest was 94, which I just might possibly break this league because I do like trapper builds. Once I get past 90 I run incredibly stupid rippy red maps and get reckless, I just can't see myself playing optimally for that long.

Speaking of trapper builds: I am going to probably be a Sab for my starting trapper. I've got too many ideas for Elementalist this league and I'm not making two of them, nor am I doing full respecs.

I pretty much agree with you, but if you were dead set on getting the challenges you probably have a lot of currency. And with a lot of currency you can make characters that hit 100 in way less than a week played.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Ciaphas posted:

is it time for me to start playing this dumbass game again yet

has trading changed at all

i missed everything since the elder's release

yeah where tf you been bro

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

TheRat posted:

I pretty much agree with you, but if you were dead set on getting the challenges you probably have a lot of currency. And with a lot of currency you can make characters that hit 100 in way less than a week played.

Do you mean way less than 7*24 hours played, or some actual reasonable amount per day

Because that sounds super unreasonable if it's the former

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Devor posted:

Do you mean way less than 7*24 hours played, or some actual reasonable amount per day

Because that sounds super unreasonable if it's the former

Depends how you define reasonable, and how good of a player you are, but I think the best players did in the region of 35 hours in beast league. You can probably push it a lot further if you do silly poo poo like do all your map rolling and trading on different characters, but that's kind of irrelevant unless all you care about is the lowest possible /played time.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

This rules goddamn.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
After doing an oni-goroshi flicker champion as my starter in bestiary I think I'll start with something a bit more straightforward this league. I'm leaning toward a physical cyclone build, probably a duelist, maybe with some bleed thrown in so I can try the new doublestrike for single target. I'd like to use swords and switch to starforge at some point.

I haven't really used cyclone much, so I'm not sure if I should go crit champion, RT slayer, crit slayer or maybe a scion of some kind. If I go with a slayer/scion for the leech, is it worth building for crit or would I be better off just getting RT?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As per every league start, someone please tell me a starting build so I don't have to decide.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Elentor posted:

As per every league start, someone please tell me a starting build so I don't have to decide.

Hierophant Arc Totems farming yellows and reds until you afford your first Shimmeron, from then on gently caress poo poo up (and buy a second obv)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Elentor posted:

Iron Commander berserker

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So torn between arc trapper and BF/Reave champ for my starting character. I don't know what to pick...

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Be a unique snowflake and do selfcast arc.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eezee posted:

Be a unique snowflake and do selfcast arc.

I'm guessing that will be one of the most popular builds of the league, so hardly a snowflake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text