Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

Fighting new Norsca with low tier dark elf units is actually extremely rough. Bleakswords and Dreadspears straight up get murdered by Norscan Marauders and it's difficult for Darkshards to provide sufficient support fire because of how powerful their back line pressure is; leaving some spears back to protect the Darkshards is limited in effectiveness because the AI actually uses dogs and marauder horses in concert with each other, so the dogs will munch your spears for lunch while the marauders eat your Darkshards.

I was managing until literally the entirety of Norsca chain-declared on me all at once.

Makes sense when Norsca beats each other up they eat the other faction and adsorb it in to them. (If the Warriors of Chaos beat them they vassalize them instead.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MonsterEnvy posted:

Makes sense when Norsca beats each other up they eat the other faction and adsorb it in to them. (If the Warriors of Chaos beat them they vassalize them instead.)

Nah, they were all still independent tribes that weren't allied or NAPed with each other; they just cascade-declared on me one after another and sailed across the entire ocean to Naggaroth to attack me.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The first Bone Giant (I don’t care what GW renamed them to) I recruit is getting renamed Hawkeye Gough immediately

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They are just Bone Giants it appears.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

They are just Bone Giants it appears.

CA did right by me

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wow, Norsca have all but two climates as Suitable. Desert and magic forest being just Unsuitable.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Does norsca still have weak outposts in none-port cities though?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Was trying out Alith Anar in Vortex when Tretch and Hellebron declared on me in the same turn. Sent the super assassin from the ritual up to look at Hellebron's stack, then straight assassinated her. They sued for peace on their next turn. 2500 gold well spent I guess!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Norscans still can only make weak outposts in coastal provinces, so the wide climate suitability is not unbalanced. Also the capitals in Norsca only have six building slots. So while they can settle pretty much everywhere, everything except enemy capitals are garbage.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
I REALLY appreciate Ungrim's new start flat out starting him out with recruitable slayers. Especially when you manage to land an ambush with a 10 slayer stack against chaff greenskins as one of your first major battles :getin:

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Goddamn it so many new starts I wanna try.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I'm paralyzed... with choice

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant
Gunners seem way better now and I'm happy for that.

Is anyone noticing a difference in the model lod?
I'm seeing a weird pop in effect that's almost like the different model lods aren't synced right. It seems more obvious than it used to be.
Mods disabled and all setting ultra.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Franzhappenings: turn 8 and for the first time in however many games Bretonnia didn’t immediately attack the city of Marienburg. My own path to that gleaming prize was waylaid by a big stack of Orcs wandering down from the mountains behind the city - they appear to have a gentleman’s agreement with the citizens so they’re just passing through to try their luck in Reikland and giving me fun non-provincial fights. Meanwhile everyone in the east has lost their poo poo with Manfred already and his new neighbour Ungrim is kicking in his door. An empire campaign I don’t know by heart! A good patch!

Additionally, handgunners are frigging murderous again

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Hellebrone is fun as hell.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Got back into this game after a few months. I've hit a campaign-ending bug about 60 turns in. I can't move any of my units, can't end the turn, can't save. I've tried reloading from earlier in the campaign, and disabling all mods (just a couple tweaks anyway), tried having my units in different places. No matter what, I get the same thing. The ticker in the bottom-right tells me "Lord not moved", but I just can't move my lord at all (Hellebron). I can still access diplomacy, settlement management, everything except this turn's notifications. Is there anything I can do, or is the whole thing just gone?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Can you just skip the notification? That's what the arrow to the right of the end turn button does.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Ravenfood posted:

Can you just skip the notification? That's what the arrow to the right of the end turn button does.

No, that's greyed out too, and disabling all notifications the turn before doesn't help either. This seems to be a bug that happens when you get two events on the same turn.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh god, the patch notes said it but I didn't get just how big of a change it was until I looked at the stats in-game: the Helstorm Rocket Battery is now an armour-piercing anti-infantry artillery piece. This is a terrifyingly Big Deal.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Ravenfood posted:

Hellebrone is fun as hell.

She seems a little overtuned in multiplayer from what I've seen so far. I watched Turin's tournament from a week or so ago and have played against her a few times and she is extremely difficult to deal with. I don't think I've actually seen her lose a match yet.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Pendent posted:

She seems a little overtuned in multiplayer from what I've seen so far. I watched Turin's tournament from a week or so ago and have played against her a few times and she is extremely difficult to deal with. I don't think I've actually seen her lose a match yet.

Known issue where she has a ability that curses units that are losing in battle with her for 500 damage over 10 seconds and then the unit is applied a buff that is supposed to block being cursed again for 20 seconds, the problem is that 20 second buff is dealing damage itself, so she charges a unit and counts as "winning" the fight for a half a second and then deals 1500 damage.

She will nuke lords and rack up hundreds of fodder unit kills just by hitting them once.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
A quality CA release. Have they given an Eta on a fix?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Pendent posted:

A little overturned is stretching it, she is absolutely broken.
She can rack up hundreds of kills on her own in every battle just by ping-ponging between enemy groups.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Luminous Cow posted:

A quality CA release. Have they given an Eta on a fix?

They've actually said they're going to hotfix this one but when I checked I didn't see an ETA.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

She can rack up hundreds of kills on her own in every battle just by ping-ponging between enemy groups.

I'm terrible at multiplayer so I didn't feel comfortable going that far myself but I do feel the same way, yes.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Krazyface posted:

No, that's greyed out too, and disabling all notifications the turn before doesn't help either. This seems to be a bug that happens when you get two events on the same turn.

I had this happen with the White Dwarf. I think the fix is to just save the game on the new turn and then restart.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Broken Cog posted:

I got to hear ninjahund defend it as not broken since he never saw it being broken. When confronted about CA acknowledging it, he still insisted it isn't broken.

he then played a dude that said "don't use her sword, it is broken" to which he replied "i don't think it is" and then complained about his opponents cheese build

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Made small mod for Norsca, i noticed that their minor settlements don't get a hero commander unit at tier 3 like all other races so i added them back in:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1400103622

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Anyone have any hot tips for Hellebron's ME campaign? The initial consolidation of the Dark Elves around you is trivially easy but in each of my attempts so far I've gotten sucked into an eternal hellwar with most of Norsca, who basically sling stacks at my eastern frontier until I get so ground down trying to stop them that I collapse. It's surprisingly hard to build a solid economy as Dark Elves when you need to burn all your slaves constantly instead of stacking them up in a Scrooge McDuck vault in Naggarond.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I haven't tried ME with them, but try leaving someone alive to sack and then try sending the blood cruise their way.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone know if this huge patch changed anything format wise in the tables? It'd be nice if I didn't have to do too much to update my own personal mods.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I started a new campaign as the high-elf sorcerer and got the sword of khaine. I am now charging her into swaths of enemies, and shes coming out with 100+ kills. Feels good.

Is there any good AI mods for the world map area?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Anyone gotten far enough with the Sword of Khaine to know what the penalties/bonuses at the high end are?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

I haven't tried ME with them, but try leaving someone alive to sack and then try sending the blood cruise their way.

You can't control the murder boat in singleplayer. It just sails off to go burn a random faction in Ulthuan.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Kanos posted:

Anyone have any hot tips for Hellebron's ME campaign? The initial consolidation of the Dark Elves around you is trivially easy but in each of my attempts so far I've gotten sucked into an eternal hellwar with most of Norsca, who basically sling stacks at my eastern frontier until I get so ground down trying to stop them that I collapse. It's surprisingly hard to build a solid economy as Dark Elves when you need to burn all your slaves constantly instead of stacking them up in a Scrooge McDuck vault in Naggarond.
It took a lot longer to get going with her than it did for Malekith, yeah. I did this in the Vortex, not ME, but beeline for Sisters and, to a lesser extent, Witch Elves. Sisters are really your go-to infantry with Hellebron, though. They barely cost more than Bleakswords and are about a million times better. I also built relatively narrow at first and only took my starting province and Ghrond before sending Hellebron on a sacking/raiding murdertour. In my campaign, Tretch got really strong so I got to go murder tons of Skaven for loads of slaves while building up my own provinces kind of slowly (that regular loss of slaves does suck, yeah) and using a mobile half-stack to fend off other enemies or rebels, because shoving all of your slaves into Ghrond causes some serious issues with public order. I also lucked out into my first backup lord getting Shadowdart as an option, which makes using Shades as a mobile garrison force a lot more appealing.

Always, always take slaves. Every lord rushes for the Slaver upgrade and Hellebron has a unique skill that gives her another +35%. Eventually you get enough that it starts snowballing like a Malekith playthrough, but its definitely harder and you really can't use too many Rites either.

I can't make DE assassins work for me at all. Are they good for anything besides maxing their +slave income skill and parking them in a money province? Besides destroying gates, I suppose. Their little crossbow seems to fire flat, has pitiful range, and doesn't murder lords/casters enough. What am I doing wrong?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Gejnor posted:

Made small mod for Norsca, i noticed that their minor settlements don't get a hero commander unit at tier 3 like all other races so i added them back in:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1400103622

I really don't think they need it honestly. Their tier 3 minor settlement garrisons are insane compared to the other factions.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kanos posted:

You can't control the murder boat in singleplayer. It just sails off to go burn a random faction in Ulthuan.

In vortex, I swear it had a a horde like button to set target when you selected it. And I know that if you declare war on someone, you can ask them to enter it.

I swear I got that button to work once.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

I can't make DE assassins work for me at all. Are they good for anything besides maxing their +slave income skill and parking them in a money province? Besides destroying gates, I suppose. Their little crossbow seems to fire flat, has pitiful range, and doesn't murder lords/casters enough. What am I doing wrong?

iirc they got army vigor reduction and an easy + loyalty for other lords.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Iirc they can do good work in melee, especially vs enemy characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

iirc they got army vigor reduction and an easy + loyalty for other lords.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Iirc they can do good work in melee, especially vs enemy characters.
I'll try throwing them into melee more I suppose. I saw the huge ranged weapon damage and figured they'd be best with that. I do like army vigor reduction, though. Sisters get tired sprinting into combat and my warlocks do tons of screening.

e: I don't know if I need one in Hellebron's army, though. Its not like she ever struggles with killing enemy Lords, she's a goddamn menace, even without her bugged weapons.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 1, 2018