Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rogue One was fun as hell. Put martial artists in all Star Wars movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually like Rogue One. The character development was real bad, but I found the story entertaining and it looked awesome. Solo, I wouldn't go as far as saying I liked it but I didn't hate it. It was pretty fun even if it was sloppy.

The new trilogy movies just stink.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Do you actually like Rogue One or do you just love the final space battle and Vader rampage like everyone else?

Mostly just the Vader stuff. And I honestly don't mind the dad joke.

After TLJ and Solo, the only Disney Star wars movie I would go see is a Vader solo film that's pretty much just two hours of the hallway scene.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Since we're on the topic of Rogue One, if you thought that the Death Star having a weakness was a plot hole, or needed an explanation, You're a loving moron. The "weakness" required the resistance to fly directly at the Death Star, getting shot at by Tie Fighters and the bases own anti-air guns. The, the ones that made it past that had to fly along a trench which put them under the firing arcs of the fixed guns but made them sitting ducks for Tie Fighters. Then, they had to take a shot which experienced pilots considered impossible.

Here are the tings that were absolutely necessary for the plan to succeed

- Darth Vader using his magic powers to tell that the X-wing pilot was his son, and then directing his wingmen to back off so he could try to take him down alone. If Darth Vader hadn't done that, the combined fire of multiple Tie Fighters would assuredly killed Luke

-The unexpected last-minute appearance of Han Solo. If he hadn't shown up, or shown up too late, Luke would've been killed by Vader. If Han had just flown along with them the whole time, he could've been shot down or gotten involved in his own fight with Tie Fighters. It's specifically the fact that he just showed up out of nowhere after the Tie Fighters had been thinned out that allowed him to barrel in and take Vader unaware

-Luke Skywalker being a literal wizard. Luke hit the target only because at the last moment he manifested his literal magical powers

Rogue One was an entire movie dedicated to explaining something that didn't need an explanation, and in doing so made the whole thing way stupider. Instead of a desperate hail mary shot at the closest thing to a weakness the Rebellion could find in the Death Star plans, it turns out that the lead designer intentionally included a weak point that required literal magic to hit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
gently caress every single person that doesnt like soup

its boiled water and any tasty poo poo you have lying around. oh look some fuckin fungus in my bathroom, throw that in, maybe sprinkle in some oregano and potatoes, and hey if you feel like it put some chuck roast in there. why stop there? chop up those onions, pour in beef broth, now you got a stew. and stew is a kind of soup.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mu Zeta posted:

Do you actually like Rogue One or do you just love the final space battle and Vader rampage like everyone else?

I liked the robot and was sad when he died. Everyone else? ehhh

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

spit on my clit posted:

its boiled water and any tasty poo poo you have lying around. oh look some fuckin fungus in my bathroom, throw that in, maybe sprinkle in some oregano and potatoes, and hey if you feel like it put some chuck roast in there. why stop there? chop up those onions, pour in beef broth, now you got a stew. and stew is a kind of soup.

I feel like your soup/stew delineation is a little odd. Does the beef broth make it stew or the onions or somehow both?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/775174790592147456?s=21

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Atticus_1354 posted:

I feel like your soup/stew delineation is a little odd. Does the beef broth make it stew or the onions or somehow both?

When does a pile become a heap?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Atticus_1354 posted:

its not the beef broth that makes it a stew, but the mixture of beggies and veef in the broth.

gently caress you i hate you i am blocking you i despise you you loving food fucker

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Everyone I've ever met who is a Serious Batman Fan (like really serious) has either had some sort of strange mental disorder or a chip on their shoulder about wanting to enforce their own hosed up justice. There's only been one exception to this rule.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

spit on my clit posted:

its not the beef broth that makes it a stew, but the mixture of beggies and veef in the broth.
So this soup is actually a stew?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chili is soup, ergo soup is good.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Everyone I've ever met who is a Serious Batman Fan (like really serious) has either had some sort of strange mental disorder or a chip on their shoulder about wanting to enforce their own hosed up justice. There's only been one exception to this rule.

To say nothing of the Punisher and his fandom.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

spit on my clit posted:

I stand by my previous statement. It is thickness not ingredients. You are a very confused young man.

Tiggum posted:

So this soup is actually a stew?

Also this is a good soup. You should make it to learn the error of your ways.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

StrangersInTheNight posted:

That's like, %90 of all people.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Atticus_1354 posted:

I stand by my previous statement. It is thickness not ingredients. You are a very confused young man.

Yeah I'm with you. A stew will probably almost always have lots of vegetables/potatoes but if it has a thin runny broth it's still a soup imho. It doesn't seem like adding some cornstarch/flour and making it thicker would make a big difference, but it does.

who cares though they are both good.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
One time I saw a meme that pointed out that a soy vanilla latte is technically a three-bean soup and it blew my mind.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What's the difference between sauce and soup? Like something where the main ingredients are crushed tomatoes and meat, maybe some bell peppers or something in there.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sauce seems like a topping to me.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

What's the difference between sauce and soup? Like something where the main ingredients are crushed tomatoes and meat, maybe some bell peppers or something in there.

A sauce goes on something, a soup is just soup. No normal person just eats a bowl of sauce (although I wouldn't be surprised if some people do that with ranch).

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

yeah I eat rear end posted:

A sauce goes on something, a soup is just soup. No normal person just eats a bowl of sauce (although I wouldn't be surprised if some people do that with ranch).

There was a goon who wrote stories of the Golden Corral, and saw a guy who made a soup out of rice krispie squares and a lot of chocolate sauce.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If I pour soup on some rice does transmute into sauce mid air?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

If it was just something plain like a cream of mushroom soup, I think it would, but like clearly a chicken noodle soup dumped on rice wouldn't be a sauce, it would just be chicken noodle soup with rice. Some soups can be used as a sauce, but no soup is a sauce by itself.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
loving food alchemy.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
even a stew is still a soup i am still correct ha ha eat it soup haters

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doverhog posted:

It thickens and mixes with the starch in the rice, so kind of.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
All things are arbitrary. Our labels meaningless. Learn to see the fundamental truth behind all things. All things are food.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If I ordered chicken soup and they served me an omelette I'd be pissed. I'd still eat it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
A sauce is a sandwich. Be sure to cook it well done then circumcise and tip it.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If soup is served with a bread crust wouldn't it actually be a sandwich?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I was driving 20 mph under the limit in the fast lane and had to brake check an rear end in a top hat soup driving with a sandwich in the back seat. I then proceeded to lay on my horn and tailgate him after he passed me.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Mu Zeta posted:

If I ordered chicken soup and they served me an omelette I'd be pissed. I'd still eat it.

An omelette is just congealed egg soup

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Have we already asked if milk on cereal is a sauce or soup?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
A soup is but a sandwich that has lost its resolve

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

Have we already asked if milk on cereal is a sauce or soup?

It's actually bacon.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

fruit on the bottom posted:

A soup is but a sandwich that has lost its resolve

you cant loving put noodles in a sandwich you dolt

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You totally can.

Wait, no, I hosed it up.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

spit on my clit posted:

*put spaghetti and meatballs in a baguette*

You fear only that which you cannot understand, but only because you have closed your mind to the possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

You've said some stupid poo poo, but this takes the cake