Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Player MVP: Leperflesh for uh, killing that Turkina with an extremely fortuitous headcap, and

OpFor MVP: King Cobra, for, uh, killing Mezzanon with an extremely unfortunate headcap, and uh

Aw, gently caress it:

Strobe posted:

MVP for both is the dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mezzanon posted:

Wow that was quite a mission, big thanks to PTN for running something that was so fun and exciting the whole way through!

MVP OPFOR: That king cobra for being an absolute poo poo stomper

MVP Players: Whichever player killed the Turkina while it was getting repaired, that was some ace play!

Follow up: anybody want to scroll through and tally up who got what kills in the mission?

I have a partial list of the kills. I will complete it tomorrow and post it. I'll add OPFOR kills also.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Xarbala posted:

OpFor MVP: King Cobra, for, uh, killing Mezzanon with an extremely unfortunate headcap, and uh

Hahahaha, I was doing SO GOOD up until that head cap too!

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

I was told there weren't enough Urbanmechs. This injustice has been rectified.

Plasma Rifle ... Ultra Mode

cool.

Aw.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

My quick killboard, anyone shooting/kicking at a protomech when they turned tail is getting credit for a kill. I may (probably) have mistakes.

#1 chktshadeclaw (1 tank, 3 proto)
Mithras
Protomech
Protomech
Protomech

#2 Leith Maclaine (1 Mech, 2 tank, 4 Proto, .5 infantry)
Mithras
Pilot hit on Sprite
Half a platoon
Protomech
Protomech
Protomech
Protomech
Septicemia E
Tank Destroyer

#3 Lemiscate Blue (1.5 Mech, 3 Proto, 1.5 Infantry)
Other half of platoon
Protomech
Protomech
Protomech
Infantry Platoon
Ostean Prime (one leg)
HellStar

#4 Affi (3 mech, 1 tank, 1 infantry)
Hellfire mech
Infantry Platoon
Mithras
Thunderbolt IIC
Mad Dog E

#5 Fraction Jackson (2 tank, 3 proto)
Mithras
Protomech
Protomech
2 Pilot hits on Sprite
Protomech
Mithras

#6 Leperflesh (3 Mech, 1 Tank, 1 Infantry)
Infantry platoon
Hellbringer Z
Mithras
Turkina Z
Highlander IIC

#7 Mezzanon (Engine, 4 mech, 2 Protomech)
Sphinx Mech
Immobilized Engine
Viper Z Leg
Savage Wolf
Protomech
Protomech
Thunderbolt IIC

#8 AJ_Impy (1 Mech, 2 Protomech)
Protomech
Protomech
King Cobra

#9 Chronojam (1 Mech, 3 Protomech)
Protomech
Protomech
Protomech
Osteon C

#10 jng2058 (1 Mech, 1 Tank, 1 Protomech)
Mithras
Jagermech
Protomech

#11 Fuzzy Mammal (1 Mech, 2 tanks, 2 Protomech)
Mithras
Protomech
Ares
Protomech
Osteon D

#12 Farseli (.5 Mech, 2 Tank, 1 Caboose, 1 Protomech)
Mithras
Caboose Crew
Protomech
Mithras
Ostean Prime (one leg)

OP-For Kills/Serious Damage

Osteand D (1 mech)

Legion #4

Hellstar 2 (1.5 mech)
Legion #1
Legion #3 Torso

King Cobra (3 Mech)
Legion #7
Legion #5
Legion #12

Highlander IIC (.5 Mech)
Legion #12 Torso

Thunderbolt IIC (.5 Mech)
Legion #12 Leg

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Player MVP: #6 (Leperflesh), for killing both the Hellbringer and Turkina Zs

OpFor MVP: King Cobra, for being a giant wrecking ball of a 'Mech

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

MVP Lance #1, Affi
MVP Lance #2, Mezzanon (4 mechs and the Train Engine), Honorable Mention, Leperflesh (3 Mechs including the Turkina Z)
MVP Lance #3 Fuzzy Mammal

MVP OpFor - King Cobra

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Ah nuts #2 beat me by .5 of a kill!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Xarbala posted:

Player MVP: Leperflesh for uh, killing that Turkina with an extremely fortuitous headcap, and

Aw, gently caress it:

Strobe posted:

MVP for both is the dice.

Yeah, this.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
We did it! Sure, I got head capped right the end but technically I survived. And I killed the Caboose Crew. Really, what more could I ask for?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That was a cool mission! Apologies to my fellow players for being incommunicado the last week and a half while on vacation, but thanks to PTN's forebearance and some great play all around, it worked out.

The kill list is a bit deceptive, keep in mind when voting that in a lot of cases we were trading off targets etc. I gotta give my votes to the two players who did the mid-jump hi-five maneuver, that was pro tier.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Great job all around folks.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Goon MVPs: Leith Maclaine, Leperflesh, Fuzzy Mammal
OpFor MVP: King Cobra

Honorable Mention: whoever made the spreadsheet! I thought my first time around in this thread was organized with just the gdoc...the spreadsheet took things to a whole new level. Especially for those first few turns when the map was packed with stuff, I think it made a big difference for all of us. Being able to so easily cross-ref which hexes are already spoken for and to quickly tally up how much fire is going at a specific target is just such a godsend. I recommend it to all future goonlances.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fraction Jackson posted:

Honorable Mention: whoever made the spreadsheet! I thought my first time around in this thread was organized with just the gdoc...the spreadsheet took things to a whole new level. Especially for those first few turns when the map was packed with stuff, I think it made a big difference for all of us. Being able to so easily cross-ref which hexes are already spoken for and to quickly tally up how much fire is going at a specific target is just such a godsend. I recommend it to all future goonlances.

Same

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh right, each Lance.

Fraction Jackson posted:

Then I'll go ahead and add Leith Maclaine and Fuzzy Mammal on as per Fraction Jackson's vote.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Lance MVPS: Affi, Leperflesh, Farseli.
OpFor MVP: King Cobra.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Leith Maclaine posted:

MVP Lance #1, Affi
MVP Lance #2, Mezzanon (4 mechs and the Train Engine), Honorable Mention, Leperflesh (3 Mechs including the Turkina Z)

MVP OpFor - King Cobra

I think I'm going to go with this, although seriously I'd also like to nominate as MVP for both sides the semantic concept of the 'headshot'. What a bloody fight.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
That was great fun. Much more enjoyable than being an undersinked phoenix hawk on a volcano map with ambient heat haha. Thanks PTN!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Overall player MVP:Claws.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That was a really fun round with fun toys to play with and a very cool map (not to mention an interesting opponent faction). Thanks for the great work and good coordination, everybody, even though myself and others got busy midway through.

The dice thirsted; we seriously were knocking things down left and right, sometimes my contingency orders were like six targets deep and still ran out of things just due to los while the tanks and protomechs were still skulking around (plus that fantastic train takedown.)

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Aw, gently caress it:

I'll just second this

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
No fatalities for the Legion huh?

What a slaughter that was. Good work, ladies and gents. Oddly enough it seems like the Society pilots did a pretty good job of staying on their feet with piloting rolls.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
This is the Inner Sphere, 3062.

... It's a goddamned mess.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

STILL the Inner Sphere's most peaceful border.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nice touch using different shades for the various subdivisions. It's also almost too easy to forget that the NRWR is built where the Marian Hegemony and Magistracy of Canopus are in canon.

Also, bringing in the Aurigans?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In this timeline, the Aurigan Restoration was cut tragically short by a dropship landing on Kamea and her mercenaries.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I think I officially posted the first spreadsheet but other people did lots of improvements so I respectfully decline the honorable mention for the spreadsheet. It did make things easier.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leperflesh posted:

That was a cool mission! Apologies to my fellow players for being incommunicado the last week and a half while on vacation, but thanks to PTN's forebearance and some great play all around, it worked out.

The kill list is a bit deceptive, keep in mind when voting that in a lot of cases we were trading off targets etc. I gotta give my votes to the two players who did the mid-jump hi-five maneuver, that was pro tier.

Very true, the kill list has some fudging in it (especially around protomechs). I wasn't going to keep track of damage to each mech.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mezzanon posted:

Ah nuts #2 beat me by .5 of a kill!

I personally value mechs much more highly than protomechs so I think you won.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Defiance Industries posted:

STILL the Inner Sphere's most peaceful border.

Say what you will about 'em, the FWL gets that right!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well, if this were Hungry Hungry Hippos the CapCon would be winning, they have the most white dots. :smugdog:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I'm guessing the Aurigans are being brought into PTN canon, and I wager that the grey area between the FWL and the Cappies are where the Ghost Bears, Ravens, and Sea Foxes set up shop after killing Uncle Stefan.

Edit: Upon going back and reviewing the map included with the vote just before the Demon Hawk campaign, yeah, I am almost 100% certain that's where the Clans that attacked the NRWR ended up.

Edit Edit: Also, holy poo poo is the FWL ever a clusterfuck of conflicting allegiences, I love it. Every other state is neatly divided up into sections with defined borders, but everyone's favourite group of NO U looks like someone sneezed on a map and used that as a guideline to define the subfactions.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 31, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Rorahusky posted:

Edit Edit: Also, holy poo poo is the FWL ever a clusterfuck of conflicting allegiences, I love it. Every other state is neatly divided up into sections with defined borders, but everyone's favourite group of NO U looks like someone sneezed on a map and used that as a guideline to define the subfactions.

I included minor divisions for them since their major divisions are Marik, Stewart, Regulus, Andurien, Tamarnd, and Oriente.

Andurien's full of Clanners while Oriente has been eaten by the Capellans. We'll see if any of the minor areas manage to rise to any kind of prominence.

If I'd included the minor divisions for the Capellan Confederation the whole area would look like stained glass.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

If I'd included the minor divisions for the Capellan Confederation the whole area would look like stained glass.

:china:

What do the white dots on the map represent anyway? Major worlds? Active conflicts?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Regional capitols, with a few major worlds (like Kittery) thrown in.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Regional capitols, with a few major worlds (like Kittery) thrown in.

Ah, okay. I had originally assumed capitals, but some regions had no dot and some had multiple so I figured it had to be something else. I can't wait to see post-time skip CapCon in all its stained glass glory. Robots, Clan scientists, and regular Cappies all in one big pot.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Leith Maclaine posted:

MVP Lance #1, Affi

MVP OpFor - King Cobra

This.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

PoptartsNinja posted:

"It's a goddamned mess" is generally how it ends up looking whenever anyone starts taking a look at month to month events rather than decade to decade events. The Jihad is basically a Jackson Pollock painting, the Dark Age is nearly as bad, but the Star League Civil War and the early Succession Wars (which were bigger than anything else before or since and should look like someone ran the canvas through a woodchipper) look goddamn sedate because the maps were already nice and clean before the month-by-month got filled in.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I need to tweak the Capellan Confederation a little. I didn't realize the map I was using had Tikonov in the Federated Suns, so that will be fixed soon-ish.

I'm also trying to decide whether to continue here or start a new Let's Rebalance Battletech and rewrite Inner Sphere history thread. A new thread would be more accessible to new readers and would let people see the battles with sprites right away, but I'm not sure Baldurk would be willing to go through the herculean effort necessary to archive this thread on the LP Archive when there's a decent chance some of the maps are probably dead (and unrecoverable since their files are lost :saddowns: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

You wouldn't be the first LP on the Archive to have missing images because they were no longer accessible at the time of archiving. Hell, there are whole LPs on the Archive now that are just all dead links because their accounts were removed or the host they used died, etc.

Given the number of people in the goon Battletech discord (for the HBS game) that expressed a desire to read the thread but decide not to because they're thousands of pages behind, there's definitely a group of potential readers out there that might be brought in by splitting the thread. I'm not sure how much it matters either way for the long term readers already here.

• Locked thread