Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

riiiiiiiiiiip

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Can i get an invite on flashbackgyro

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

soooo did they just remove the fire damage so now that's not the only thing ever worn by RF juggz?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

silvergoose posted:

soooo did they just remove the fire damage so now that's not the only thing ever worn by RF juggz?

No someone divined their 1300 ex legacy kaom's heart and got the new max life roll

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jusupov posted:

No someone divined their 1300 ex legacy kaom's heart and got the new max life roll

ooh. Okay. Yes I can see that now.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Firebatgyro posted:

Can i get an invite on flashbackgyro

I feel like I invite you ever 2-3 weeks

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Just every league. POE is great but after about 3 weeks I'm burned out until the next

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

TheRat posted:

I feel like I invite you ever 2-3 weeks

December

February

June

not that bad

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Firebatgyro posted:

Just every league. POE is great but after about 3 weeks I'm burned out until the next

This is a very FBH game since you always start wearing no clothes on a beach.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm wondering how much of a pain in the rear end it would be to start as CI. I've never started it because uh duh, but with the overall safety of traps and the fact that ES is "dead" to the main population I might be able to snag enough gear out the gate. The only thing that kinda sucks is the fact that I would need to use an ES chest 5L for probably a week until I could upgrade it to a proper 6L, probably an Incandescent, whereas with life I could just use a Tabula with a ton of other options for upgrades. But the 6th link on traps is kinda eh now that cooldown is gone.

I'm also kinda annoyed that there's no stun stuff for Sab, like giving me stun immunity if an enemy has recently triggered a trap. I don't want to use an Eye of Chalupa.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Attorney at Funk posted:

This is a very FBH game since you always start wearing no clothes on a beach.

LOL

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Jusupov posted:

I remember immediately bricking my legacy bor the day I got fired last year

that was a bad, bad day

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Guys I have never ever played a Templar before, I'll roll one on Incursion, any suggestions for a fun viable build that can improve over time? (I only play one char per league so builds that replace items for more expensive ones are perfect for me)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

turboraton posted:

Guys I have never ever played a Templar before, I'll roll one on Incursion, any suggestions for a fun viable build that can improve over time? (I only play one char per league so builds that replace items for more expensive ones are perfect for me)

Arc Totems Hierophant. Or really any spell, it's just that Arc was already really good last league and should be bonkers this one. Starts strong out the gate, requires no gear, can do Atziri/Shaper/Uber Elder, scales pretty well with endgame gear. Four totems or five, doesn't matter.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Or selfcast Arc Inquisitor if you don't like totems.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Iron Commander berserker

I'll do this as a gimmick build eventually, on SSF HC and see how far I can go. With some luck I'll be put out of my misery quickly.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Hierophant Arc Totems farming yellows and reds until you afford your first Shimmeron, from then on gently caress poo poo up (and buy a second obv)

Okay I'm sold on Arc, now I'm torn between Totems or no Totems.

Edit: How the gently caress did I grab this name :psyduck:

Elentor fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 1, 2018

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
No way of patching up the game yet, right?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Acht posted:

No way of patching up the game yet, right?

Not till 1pm est

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

MMF Freeway posted:

Not till 1pm est

I'm going to stop worrying and just make my first build an ED trickster SSF.
Then if any fun stuff drops, make something like a Reave Champ.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

TheRat posted:

I'm guessing that will be one of the most popular builds of the league, so hardly a snowflake

I would have guessed everyone is doing arc totems, traps or mines. I was mostly joking though, I'm pretty sure arc will be the most popular starting build.

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
So which oni-goroshi build should I start with this league, also how many onis should I farm for eventual feeding into the super corruptor temple room (I play SSF or else I'd just buy them when I get to that point)

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Maaaaan, the last few days have been a roller coaster. I had a charge issue with Xsolla on a supporter pack and they locked my main account until it was able to be dealt with. It was taking a while and I was stressing out because I thought I might have to start Incursion on a fully f2p account.

Things appear to be working out, a solution has been found and just waiting on the final email to confirm and unlock my account. Just in time, too.

It all put a damper on my pre-league prep where I just go get a feel for my planned build, but I was able to get some ED+Contagion Trickster leveling in on a fresh account so I'm just gonna roll with that as a starter now. Arc totems were tempting but I was liking the Contagion run past packs playstyle.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

MMF Freeway posted:

Not till 1pm est

Wouldn't it be smarter if they let people patch before the servers went up? Maybe smart is a bit of a stretch but it would at least be as if PoE wasn't made by a bunch of New Zealand hicks and instead it was made by people that collectively had half a brain.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

That crap payment system is why I installed the Steam version, just to buy a supporter pack through Steam wallet instead of Xsolla.

Like, I'm sorry that GabeN is getting a cut of your revenue GGG but that's what you deserve for not having any other reasonable payment options.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Legin Noslen posted:

Wouldn't it be smarter if they let people patch before the servers went up? Maybe smart is a bit of a stretch but it would at least be as if PoE wasn't made by a bunch of New Zealand hicks and instead it was made by people that collectively had half a brain.

They let people patch a long time before the servers go up.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Legin Noslen posted:

1pm is when the servers go down, not up. They go back up a lot closer to the league start time.

I've got a starter all planned out but part of me wants to audible to some kind of dual wield Champion.

Kavaar
Apr 13, 2005
If there's still room can I get an invite on Kavaar please?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Iron Commander berserker

Don't tempt me. :negative:

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Eezee posted:

I would have guessed everyone is doing arc totems, traps or mines. I was mostly joking though, I'm pretty sure arc will be the most popular starting build.

Yeah I think it's definitely going to be very popular. Choosing between hiero or sab is breaking my brain currently. They both seem good.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
OK, I've 100% made up my mind.

Saboteur, with:

- Explosive Trap / Bear / Seismic Trap
- Hatred
- Shaped daggers and amulet with Gain #% of Phys as Cold/Lightning
- Tinkerskin for extra sustain

Initial path: https://pastebin.com/62QyHQVU

If I like how Seismic Trap scales, I'll pick up the skill effect duration nodes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1002599316354097152

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Trying to figure out the incursion stuff last minute. I watched the ZiggyD video about architects and stuff but my question is can you go back and redo a incursion if you later want the temple to be laid out different?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Trying to figure out the incursion stuff last minute. I watched the ZiggyD video about architects and stuff but my question is can you go back and redo a incursion if you later want the temple to be laid out different?

You'll just start working on a new temple with a different layout once you finish one.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

From what I understand you can get sent into the same room again so you can open more doors or change the room type but there's no way to guarantee it. I wouldn't sweat the layout of any given temple too much, there'll always be more

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1002603776778252288

Can confirm

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Estraysian posted:

You'll just start working on a new temple with a different layout once you finish one.

Oh that makes sense. "Build" temple, kill boss then start a new one. That'll let you focus on currency for leveling and early mapping then specific stuff later.

Stolen from reddit:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

NitroSpazzz posted:

Oh that makes sense. "Build" temple, kill boss then start a new one. That'll let you focus on currency for leveling and early mapping then specific stuff later.

Stolen from reddit:

At first glance I my eyes were bugging out on the royal meeting room have 3 Atziris in it. Then the brain kicked in and realizing it means level 3.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Reminder that there's completely changed vaal affixes now. You can't get +frenzy charges on boots now, they're on gloves. Endurance charges are now on boots. And you can get power charge on helmet, but of course you give up your enchant.

I'm betting that Vaals are going to be pretty valuable this league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bugsy posted:

At first glance I my eyes were bugging out on the royal meeting room have 3 Atziris in it. Then the brain kicked in and realizing it means level 3.

It's still Atziri with 20% attack/cast speed. And it probably stacks with Temple Nexus if you hate yourself that much.