Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

morallyobjected posted:

has there ever been a good QC guest strip? like good on JJ for taking time to rebuild his buffet and rest and whatnot but the only thing worse than QC guest comics is yelling bird comics

there is precisely one:

Typical Pubbie posted:

The best QC guest strip involves a suicide.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=939

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Tollymain posted:

monster pulse is currently really heavy and really uncomfortable god drat

moreso than usual for the comic where the plot only really started rolling when somebody got their face turned into paste w a fuckin rock

I'm with Bina here, mortality sucks and I want to be limitless. It's a good comic.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Welp, Poppys dead.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vonnie posted:

Welp, Poppys dead.

at first i thought you meant the comic itself and my next thought was "finally, took long enough"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

There are two:

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=670

e: upon reflection, the one you posted is heaps better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Vonnie posted:

Welp, Poppys dead.
Petunia "clearly the best way to get out of this hole is to dig faster" Lastname.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

morallyobjected posted:

has there ever been a good QC guest strip?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

If the QC guest strips were the only QC strips, it'd be a reasonably tolerable comic

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tollymain posted:

monster pulse is currently really heavy and really uncomfortable god drat

moreso than usual for the comic where the plot only really started rolling when somebody got their face turned into paste w a fuckin rock

Don't worry, Heartmon's puttin' a stop to all that... hopefully :ohdear:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://cad-comic.com/comic/found/

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uh huh

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Vonnie posted:

Welp, Poppys dead.

Yeah RIP.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

You guys are all talking like Poppy’s never had her heart suddenly stop on her before.

She'll be fine.

I think.

Wildcard option: sudden timeskip and shift to the adventures of Lily O'Possum, MD.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

In the latest Critter Coven, Mary gets so edgy she makes Clara cry.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You know how every time J.K. Rowling starts to fade back into obscurity, she does something incredibly divisive just so people will start talking about her again?

No reason, just talking.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
It will be pretty funny if now that Buckley insists he's "in on the joke" that people just stop doing Loss memes.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Fortis posted:

It will be pretty funny if now that Buckley insists he's "in on the joke" that people just stop doing Loss memes.

Truly, the biggest Loss of all.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The gently caress is this

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

VanSandman posted:

a webcomic that's had an inexplicable following on /co/ since shortly after it started

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So I've been mostly enjoying Star Power as a cosmic superhero romp, but now we've gotten to the point where Danica is in the middle of a civil war and I am scared she is going to have to make Hard Choices and don't know if the comic is up for it. (I also feel like it was a storyline at least inspired by a little-remembered Green Lantern arc with Kyle.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dawgstar posted:

So I've been mostly enjoying Star Power as a cosmic superhero romp, but now we've gotten to the point where Danica is in the middle of a civil war and I am scared she is going to have to make Hard Choices and don't know if the comic is up for it. (I also feel like it was a storyline at least inspired by a little-remembered Green Lantern arc with Kyle.)

???

The current arc is about a mad composer (like a mad scientist, but for music) and his clone slave choir singers or whatever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

???

The current arc is about a mad composer (like a mad scientist, but for music) and his clone slave choir singers or whatever.

Yeah, the civil war thing is the point I've reached in my reading (and I don't know why I said 'we're').

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dawgstar posted:

Star Power is written by Mookie of Dominic Deegan fame. It's going to be derivative and disappoint you. He's also a big Green Lantern fan, so it's fair to assume that many of the plot points are likely scraped from the comics.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
People read Star Power?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

people enjoy star power?!

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

VanSandman posted:

It's one of the better portrayals of Wicca that I've seen.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dogwood Fleet posted:

It's one of the better portrayals of Wicca that I've seen.

well, reading it did make me kinda depressed in a way I couldn't put my finger on

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tbf this is p funny

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
So the "Found" is gone and "Loss" is back and I'm very baffled by the whole thing, but also, Buckley WOULD find a way to make that comic worse, huh

Feels like it's either
1) a bad "I also get the joke, fools on you" attempt
or
2) he caused the miscarriage (far fetched but who the gently caress would put that face there)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/one-of-the-nets-longest-running-webcomics-has-done-some-1826508119

Nybble fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 4, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
monster pulse continues to be exceedingly good

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nybble posted:

So the "Found" is gone and "Loss" is back and I'm very baffled by the whole thing, but also, Buckley WOULD find a way to make that comic worse, huh

Feels like it's either
or
2) he caused the miscarriage (far fetched but who the gently caress would put that face there)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/one-of-the-nets-longest-running-webcomics-has-done-some-1826508119

I admit I laughed at it very briefly when I first saw it because I have a hosed up sense of humour and anything Loss-related will earn a sensible chuckle out of me. But you got to admit, it is incredibly in keeping for Tim Buckley to find a way to get in on the joke by loving up in a way that just leaves people confused and baffled. Like, normally the only way I thought you could cock up a Loss joke is if you got the potion of the lines wrong, but nope.

Tollymain posted:

monster pulse continues to be exceedingly good

This is also very true.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's funny but it's a very unsettling kind of funny.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

found got a chuckle out of me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I liked the joke about the little potted plant in today's oglaf

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Nybble posted:

Feels like it's either
or

Loss.jpg is, by a loving magnitude, the most recognizable webcomic page in existence. Changing the frown to a smirk is just a little wink and nod to something he no doubt recognizes as an iconic (for better or for worse) strip at this point. Sometimes the cigar is just a loving cigar.

I cannot believe I am throwing Tim god drat Buckley a bone here but trying to interpret a dumb one off joke like this is the dumbest take I think I’ve ever read.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wrist Watch posted:

Loss.jpg is, by a loving magnitude, the most recognizable webcomic page in existence. Changing the frown to a smirk is just a little wink and nod to something he no doubt recognizes as an iconic (for better or for worse) strip at this point. Sometimes the cigar is just a loving cigar.

I cannot believe I am throwing Tim god drat Buckley a bone here but trying to interpret a dumb one off joke like this is the dumbest take I think I’ve ever read.

:yeah:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Wrist Watch posted:

It really is this simple! After spotting a loss on a shirt logo in his space comic within this past week, I learned in the other webcomics thread that he's acknowledged it for years now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah it's just a way to mildly spook anyone who was going and looking up loss on its tenth anniversary

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I am currently reading through a thing called Space Boy that I am enjoying. Interesting concept, if nothing else. Feels a little like it's going around in circles though, but I'm only halfway through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Inglonias posted:

I am currently reading through a thing called Space Boy that I am enjoying. Interesting concept, if nothing else. Feels a little like it's going around in circles though, but I'm only halfway through it.

Eh, I lost interest when it was clear that the author was going to drone on In intricate detail about Oliver's past when the core of the information (IE: There was a big todo in the space station he was in, he's apparently the only survivor and he's connecting to a robot somehow) was there and there was some interesting stuff with not-weyland-yutani being cockend central about to go down.

Not the first webtoon to do that ether, fuckin' Girls of the Wilds.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 4, 2018