Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Artum posted:

This.

But seriously give me primaris terminators.

What would a Primaris Terminator be? Exactly the same stat line as a Custodian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'd like primaris terminators as long as they wore a big version of Indomitus armour with maybe a few bells and whistles. I'll never get tired of those helmets, they're so mean looking.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Pendent posted:

It's still like 5-6 damage against a Land Raider which means there's a very reasonable chance between the harpoon and the flamer this thing can kills a Land Raider in a single volley without even firing it's carapace weapons.

gently caress your everything.

I mean, you still have the meltas even before the harpoon or autocannons. If this is under 600pts I'm sold.

Thinking I'm going to get Renegade and the valiant as my Knights purchases, unless Canis Rex or the new Armigers have something to catch my eye. I at a glance really liked the look of their list.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Mef989 posted:

I mean, you still have the meltas even before the harpoon or autocannons. If this is under 600pts I'm sold.

Thinking I'm going to get Renegade and the valiant as my Knights purchases, unless Canis Rex or the new Armigers have something to catch my eye. I at a glance really liked the look of their list.

Lawrence said verbatim that it came in just under 600 points. This thing is going to be a goddamn monster.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Pendent posted:

Lawrence said verbatim that it came in just under 600 points. This thing is going to be a goddamn monster.

:flashfap:

I'm guessing Knights still won't be competitive on their own but holy hell will they be fun.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Pendent posted:

Never mind that, apparently the Helverins are effective packing two predator autocannons each and don’t take move and shoot penalties. That sounds completely off the chart.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Lets see, quick calculation - assuming a 5++ save and T8, it will take an average of 36 melta shots to kill a BigBoy. Whelp I'm pretty hosed.

e: whew, I can get that down to a mere 30.8 shots if I can pack everyone in a reroll bubble

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NovemberMike posted:

PRIMARIS DEPREDATOR
M: 4"
WS: 3+
BS: 3+
S: 4
T: 5
W: 2
A: 2
Ld: 8
Sv: 2+/4+

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Boltstorm Gauntlet
Fragstorm Grenade Launcher
Assault Las-Talon

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

If that's true then Knights as a whole are getting a massive points cut.

One_Wing posted:

Never mind that, apparently the Helverins are effective packing two predator autocannons each and don’t take move and shoot penalties. That sounds completely off the chart.

Watch the Warglaives be completely unchanged from their current stats and therefore utterly useless.

Is this a YouTube video you guys are watching or what?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Watch the Warglaives be completely unchanged from their current stats and therefore utterly useless.

He does mention a points reduction across the board, yes. I just posted a link on this page but I'll repost it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eXQAQwD7xY

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

He does mention a points reduction across the board, yes. I just posted a link on this page but I'll repost it again.

Thanks!

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I thought the rumor was that warglaives were getting some sort of multi attack and a point cut. Makes them seem ok.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mef989 posted:

I thought the rumor was that warglaives were getting some sort of multi attack and a point cut. Makes them seem ok.

Correct. The multi attack doubles the number of attacks (So 8), is S6 AP-2 D2. The damage and AP are a little fuzzy though. 8 attacks though

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

Correct. The multi attack doubles the number of attacks (So 8), is S6 AP-2 D2. The damage and AP are a little fuzzy though. 8 attacks though

Do they still stuck in close combat?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do they still stuck in close combat?

I mean, 8 attacks with the profile I posted seems pretty decent if not really good.

There's apparently a strategem called Devastating Reach that lets Knights attack stuff on the upper floors of a ruin :laffo:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

I mean, 8 attacks with the profile I posted seems pretty decent if not really good.

There's apparently a strategem called Devastating Reach that lets Knights attack stuff on the upper floors of a ruin :laffo:

No it's great, and really sets them apart from the AC dudes. I was just curious.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Stuck. You said stuck and not suck.

It sounded that way, yeah. At least he didn't say anything about them being able to withdraw and shoot or whatever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

Stuck. You said stuck and not suck.

It sounded that way, yeah. At least he didn't say anything about them being able to withdraw and shoot or whatever.

It would help if I had added a word before stuck. Like "get". Welp.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

That profile will really help fix them imo. They may still get locked but the issue was always having too few attacks to meaningfully cut your way out.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This link should take you to the first turn of shooting the Valiant gets if anyone is curious to see how it performs. This sucker is seriously made of guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eXQAQwD7xY&t=6006s

Rolling for number of hits with the conflagration cannon and he gets two 2's and a 1. :laffo:

Edit: The harpoon bounced off an invuln, the missile missed and the meltas did like 2 damage. I think the autocannon might have done a little damage. 600 points of shooting from the brand new Knight and it's basically a wet fart.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 2, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Regardless what I am reading is a lot of things that make Redemptors even more useless.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

NovemberMike posted:

Shittier custodian with non-stratagem deepstrike that interacts with marine keywords, basically.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

xtothez posted:

If you're not bothered about the warden frame I'm in. Was on the fence about it since I don't really want two vanilla knights, but one for half price plus some decent terrain would be great.

Edit: NZ preorders are up and that dumb rule is confirmed

Can someone explain what this rule means? I can't really read it, and have never seen any IK data sheets, so I don't know which models you'd be able to use this for.

e: Also how do Armiger Warglaives fit into this. They don't have either the Questoris Class or Dominus Class keywords, right?

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 2, 2018

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Duct Tape posted:

Can someone explain what this rule means? I can't really read it, and have never seen any IK data sheets, so I don't know which models you'd be able to use this for.

You dont get the +3 command points from a knights superheavy detachment if you dont have atleast 3 big non-forgeworld knights.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's such a bad rule, wow. Worst in 8th.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

dexefiend posted:

Leviathan with Twin Storm Cannon Arrays will kill Dark Eldar. It is pretty much the best choice in faction for all this -1 to hit/5++ poo poo everyone that isn't a Space Marine has.

Edit: Deathwatch batrep: yeah, Deathwatch (and really all exGulliman marines) aren't strong, but at least you can mix and match your mans and have some fun. It is dumb that the strongest units in marine armies are Razorbacks. ... Oh and Sanguinius Jr., but at least he is rad.

Edit again: I guess it's just that the "best" offensive per point choices for Primaris Marines are so expensive per point of wounds that you play right into your opponents hands.

The prevalence of to hit modifiers and invulns just is the icing on the anti-Marine cake.

It seems like the best offensive guns in the game are Autocannons, and not Plasma.

Played my Deathwatch against a Leviathan tyranid list today, 1500 pts

His flyrant charged my 10 man intercessor/hellblaster squad on turn 1, only killed 3 intercessors, then my squad dropped back and my dread and watch captain hosed his poo poo up.

Took two veteran squads, one in a razorback geared for close combat, another in a Corvus maxed out with a biker, vanguard and termie. Sat the Corvus in the back left on turn one to see how things shook out, then took it over the map, dropped some bombs on a warrior squad, did 3 mortal wounds to 6 models, then unloaded my squad turn 3 on an objective that my deep-striking Reivers were fighting for.

I took the Tome relic and kept forgetting to use it, but it didn't matter, once I took the flyrant out, I just shot termagants until the carnifexes showed up then took their asses out too.

Oh and to secure the win, after my Corvus squad freed up the objective for the Reivers to camp (in the woods so they just sat there with 2+ saves soaking up weak firepower), I teleported them back to the back left corner and walked up to the objective I set up for that very purpose.

Two things from my two matches so far with DW: Watch Masters giving re-rolls to all missed hits is incredible (esp with 5 rapid-firing Hellblasters) and frag cannons are expensive, but definitely my favorite gun.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It's such a bad rule, wow. Worst in 8th.

Considering how insanely cheap armigers are turning out to be im cool with them not also being a way to stack up on command points, otherwise a detachment of 3 helverines would probably overtake 3 shield captains as the go-to plug and play for imperium.

Hell even without the command points they might.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I don't hate this rule, because having to choose between optimizing your detachments for units, and optimizing your detachments for CP makes for a compelling decision when building a list. When you can easily fill a detachment with cost-effective units and still get good amounts of CP from them, the choice is significantly diminished.

Not gonna lie the idea of fighting a list that has 6-8 Armigers and a Castellan and also has 10-14 command points (assuming Guard Battalion, because of course) isn't exactly appealing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

So they cover the last two Household Traditions, giving us all 8:

quote:

House Cadmus: Reroll wound rolls of 1 against units that only contains models of a wound characteristic of 12 or less in the Fight phase.

House Hawkshroud: Double the number of wound remaining for purposes of determining characteristics.

Mortan: Reroll failed hit rolls in the Fight phase. Add 1 to hit rolls in the Fight phase during any turn it was charged, was charged, or performed a Heroic Intervention.

Krast: Reroll failed hit rolls in the Fight phase during any turn in which this model charged, was charged, or performed a Heroic Intervention. Re-roll failed hit rolls in the Fight phase against Titanic units.

Vulker: Re-roll hit rolls of 1 when resolving an attack with a ranged weapon that is targeting the closest enemy unit.

Griffith: Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic when it charges or perform a Heroic Intervention. Models with this Tradition can perform Heroic Interventions as if they were Characters.

Raven: Do not suffer any penalty for Advancing and firing Assault weapons. Heavy weapons are treated as Assault weapons when Advancing.

Terryn: Roll an additional d6 when Advancing or charging and discard the lowest result.

Raven, Cadmus, and Hawkshroud seem the most powerful by far.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Considering how insanely cheap armigers are turning out to be im cool with them not also being a way to stack up on command points, otherwise a detachment of 3 helverines would probably overtake 3 shield captains as the go-to plug and play for imperium.

Hell even without the command points they might.

You can get 5 Command Points for about the cost of a single Armiger.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Helvern Autocannons: Heavy 2d6 S7 AP-1 D3 ~180 points for two of them on a decent chassis.

gently caress.

gently caress.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am glad I didn't buy those lovely melta ones!

I am getting ready to eat my hat, assuming they need with their points costs.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm reeeeeally hoping that they're actually Heavy D6, because having effectively Heavy 4D6 shots with that statline at under 250 points is loving obscene. Especially considering it's basically four Predator Autocannons stacked on top of each other.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

raverrn posted:

Helvern Autocannons: Heavy 2d6 S7 AP-1 D3 ~180 points for two of them on a decent chassis.

gently caress.

gently caress.

I really hope that's for both of them. 4d6 on a single one for barely more than a Predator is nuts.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Strobe posted:

I'm reeeeeally hoping that they're actually Heavy D6, because having effectively Heavy 4D6 shots with that statline at under 250 points is loving obscene. Especially considering it's basically four Predator Autocannons stacked on top of each other.

I'd heard heavy 2d3, so literally a predator autocannon, and two of those, but I'm suspicious the guy missed it bring a plural weapon like auto boltstorm gauntlets or something because 8 shots of that is loving insane for 170pts.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
That rumored stratagem to attack stuff on second floors of ruins should just be baked into all superheavies. Even the tanks, nothing says they can’t ram a building and knock some poo poo down.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I really hope that's for both of them. 4d6 on a single one for barely more than a Predator is nuts.

Assuming max vehicle squadron of 3 by 3 units, and 4d3 is accurate, that's 36d3 (median: 72) shots for your opening salvo. How's that for a gimmick army?

Edit: you'd be taking House Raven for 14"+D6 move and shoot without penalty, naturally

Edit 2: Updated to take into account d3 not d6

Giant Isopod fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 2, 2018

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

First layer of a transparent yellow over zenithal priming. God give me strength

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
each helverin has 2 armiger cannons that are 2d3 each, yes theres a strat to reach up and slap someone, but not with titanic feet. Death grip is hilarious, if you hit with a fist you deal D3 MW, and then you and the model you chose roll off and add your S value, if yours is greater you deal D3 MW, repeat until they equal or exceed, or they die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

raverrn posted:

gently caress.

gently caress.

Welp. Buying three at least. Gotta fill up those points somehow.

Hencoe posted:

each helverin has 2 armiger cannons that are 2d3 each, yes theres a strat to reach up and slap someone, but not with titanic feet. Death grip is hilarious, if you hit with a fist you deal D3 MW, and then you and the model you chose roll off and add your S value, if yours is greater you deal D3 MW, repeat until they equal or exceed, or they die.

That sounds amazing. Knights sound amazing.