Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

to be fair everyone could use a good punch now and again to keep grounded

I’m too old to start getting in drunken punchy-fights again. But you go ahead. I’ll be your Burgess Merideth and growl out nonsensical advice that masquerades as wisdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Interesting, I must have missed all those instances of feminists murdering people. That is what you're talking about right? Because the men doing the murders and the women who, say things, are the same right?

TERFs encourage the view that trans women are lying and that if a man is attracted to a trans woman he's being "trapped" or "deceived", and therefore contribute directly to the culture that kills trans women, and holy poo poo you're a loving moron.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I wanna say ''I wish they'd shot that guy'' but I don't think that would serve as a deterrent for morons like him.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
by the way, re TERFs and fascism:

Also, contrary to Graham Linehan’s posturing about how “gender critical feminists won the referendum”, TERF activists were too busy funnelling resources from the American anti-abortion lobby to do any actual useful canvassing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I read the whole TERF bar fight thing and I need to say that I find it EXTREMELY unlikely Terrys brother held his own against 20 people at once

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They attacked him one at a time like a ninja movie.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Besesoth posted:

TERFs encourage the view that trans women are lying and that if a man is attracted to a trans woman he's being "trapped" or "deceived", and therefore contribute directly to the culture that kills trans women, and holy poo poo you're a loving moron.
It's kind of amazing to think that Radical Feminists, when they talk about sex, are worried about if men are getting the "right kinda sex" and that hence they are responsible for the gay panic defense and not this thing called the patriarchy which is, I dare say, rather focused both on men and who they gently caress (i.e. everyone)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It's kind of amazing to think that Radical Feminists, when they talk about sex, are worried about if men are getting the "right kinda sex" and that hence they are responsible for the gay panic defense and not this thing called the patriarchy which is, I dare say, rather focused both on men and who they gently caress (i.e. everyone)

LOL, are you a gimmick account or something?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

LOL, are you a gimmick account or something?
Is not being a loving moron about radical feminism a gimmick these days?

TinTower posted:

by the way, re TERFs and fascism:

Also, contrary to Graham Linehan’s posturing about how “gender critical feminists won the referendum”, TERF activists were too busy funnelling resources from the American anti-abortion lobby to do any actual useful canvassing.
Ah yes, Irish man in Ireland who took part in the campaign is wrong about who took part in it, whereas the other side Was laser focused on the important matters.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

No, it’s about you being a moron regarding the argument being presented. It’s not that TERFs are committing actual physical violence on trans-women. It’s about them adding to the normalization of trans-women not being women. It’s regressive and it reinforces the big blinking target that’s already painted on trans-people.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Jun 2, 2018

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

No, it’s about you being a moron regarding the argument being presented. It’s not that radical feminist are committing actual physical violence on trans-women. It’s about them adding to the normalization of trans-women not being women. It’s regressive and it reinforces the big blinking target that’s already painted on trans-people.
Whereas the incident being discussed is about another case of a woman being beaten for being a "terf" rather than the laughable idea that a fringe group of women are a contributing factor in male violence rather than the loving patriarchy.

The people committing the violence against trans people don't give a poo poo about radfems because no-one has ever listened to any of their critiques outside maybe the Nordics, where they were influencial in the Nordic model being made and in human trafficking/sex slavery organizations because they're disproportionally common there

It's insane to act like male sexual entitlement and hosed up sexual mores are a result of the people who from their inception have been about fighting that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Whereas the incident being discussed is about another case of a woman being beaten for being a "terf" rather than the laughable idea that a fringe group of women are a contributing factor in male violence rather than the loving patriarchy.

The people committing the violence against trans people don't give a poo poo about radfems because no-one has ever listened to any of their critiques outside maybe the Nordics, where they were influencial in the Nordic model being made and in human trafficking/sex slavery organizations because they're disproportionally common there

It's insane to act like male sexual entitlement and hosed up sexual mores are a result of the people who from their inception have been about fighting that

You are the idiot on social media.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

If anti-trans rhetoric holds no responsibility for anti-trans violence, anti-terf speech can't be responsible for anti-terf violence. Sorry, that's the rules, hope your friend never fully recovers from their injuries.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I've had DP on ignore for years at this point and thus far they've never given me any reason to regret it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Ah yes, Irish man in Ireland who took part in the campaign is wrong about who took part in it, whereas the other side Was laser focused on the important matters.

Linehan’s such a massive turd that he made the guy who taught his dog to be a Nazi look almost sympathetic.

Also, the dude literally wrote a scene in which character beats up his trans ex into a prime time comedy. For laughs. And spent like five minutes on the DVD commentary talking about how it wouldn’t be funny if said ex was cis instead.

Oh, and don’t forget the entire conceit of the show is “lol, women are rubbish with computers, aren’t they?”. Like the show had five seasons and none of the three characters had any development whatsoever.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TinTower posted:

Also, the dude literally wrote a scene in which character beats up his trans ex into a prime time comedy. For laughs. And spent like five minutes on the DVD commentary talking about how it wouldn’t be funny if said ex was cis instead.

Wasn't that more of a consensual brawl than an assault? If two people are punching each other and keep punching each other that doesn't really look like one of them is getting beat up. Assuming the female is the victim just because she's female is patriarchy not feminism.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1002696805115719681

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

You're right, no terf has ever incited violence against transpeople, just they're just doxxing them and giving that information to hostile parties, posting their information publicly or directly funneling it to their families/bosses trying to get them fired, assaulted or even murdered you slurry-brained imbecile. They certainly haven't been exposing transwomen to fringe elements for the specific loving purpose of harassing them.

It's no coincidence that the Radfems you pal around with have started to work towards common ground with social conservatives; Terfs have no interest in advancing women's rights, merely securing the ones they already feel entitled to and kicking down the ladder for minority and trans women. Terfs are goddamn bigots that hide behind the work of legitimate feminists to veil themselves in a movement that is meant to be inclusive, and then frame themselves as victims when the people they want to stomp down fight back. So rightly gently caress off you complete and utter retard.

Man, Roseanne is not acclimating to her new job very well.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You are the idiot on social media.
In that I choose to engage with people who think that three people who ambush someone drunk outside a bar then tweet about it, getting one of them fired, aren't idiots?

You know, you're right. Gonna stop taking part in another of these bad faith poo poo discussions where women who have spent decades fighting against human trafficking and male sexual entitlement are now the same as the Patriarchy

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

TinTower posted:

Oh, and don’t forget the entire conceit of the show is “lol, women are rubbish with computers, aren’t they?”. Like the show had five seasons and none of the three characters had any development whatsoever.

You are not good at watching tv.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

In that I choose to engage with people who think that three people who ambush someone drunk outside a bar then tweet about it, getting one of them fired, aren't idiots?

You know, you're right. Gonna stop taking part in another of these bad faith poo poo discussions where women who have spent decades fighting against human trafficking and male sexual entitlement are now the same as the Patriarchy

Jesus wants his cross back if you're finished loving around on it.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Agreed. They should cancel all of them.

Also SHARE = RIP

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I swear, Andy Samberg must’ve dropped the n-bomb on set, because otherwise the Brooklyn Nine-Nine cancellation doesn’t make sense according to magachud logic.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ularg posted:

Jokes on them they just helped me realize this Theme existed and now my ps4 has it set to that. Thank you!

Same, turning on my PS4 for the first time since i finished God of War to download this. I love the retro pride vibe.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Filthy Haiku posted:

Man, Roseanne is not acclimating to her new job very well.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Interesting, I must have missed all those instances of feminists murdering people. That is what you're talking about right? Because the men doing the murders and the women who, say things, are the same right?
Buncha old ladies, lesbians and a few misc: notable proponents of fascism
Whoever might think that someone who was drunk and had the poo poo kicked out of them might not write a coherent narrative. If only we had someone who would share what happened, like, say, a confession of having beaten the poo poo out of said person...

Hey don't be scared of uber conservative, fundamentalist, christian ladies because they don't actually murder trans/gay/racial minorities. How do you feel about nazis getting punched?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This rear end in a top hat has been tweeting dumb conservative talking points every few minutes, I wonder if it's a bot account:

https://twitter.com/freedom_moates/status/1002744432884637696
https://twitter.com/freedom_moates/status/1002745478335746049

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This rear end in a top hat has been tweeting dumb conservative talking points every few minutes, I wonder if it's a bot account:

https://twitter.com/freedom_moates/status/1002744432884637696
https://twitter.com/freedom_moates/status/1002745478335746049

What an unfortunate profile pic. He looks like a thumb wearing glasses accidentally covered part of the lens.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you went into a bar and called a black man the n word, would you be shocked if you got your rear end kicked after you got kicked out?

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd just like to say:
Beat the poo poo out of TERFS, just don't post about it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Who the gently caress bothers to put BSc next to their name?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Ibblebibble posted:

Arnold Rimmer, BSc, SSc certainly does.

(* Bronze Swimming Certificate, Silver Swimming Certificate)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
^^^ Well gently caress you too, smeghead.

Ibblebibble posted:

Arnold Judas Rimmer?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ibblebibble posted:

Cargo cult credentials

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

oldpainless posted:

I read the whole TERF bar fight thing and I need to say that I find it EXTREMELY unlikely Terrys brother held his own against 20 people at once

He fought them Hannibal style and surrounded them with his smaller force of 1 person.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Buncha old ladies, lesbians and a few misc: notable proponents of fascism

Didn't know all women are feminist and that women are incapable of murdering.

Also old women are proponents of fascism as are gay people. Even the actual nazi party had gays going around bashing people for not fitting in. Until the night of long knives. There are modern examples but I forget that idiots name. The mra one. Spencer is heavily closeted to.

ChaseSP posted:

People diefying Tesla from a smart engineer and inventor to mad genius with death rays and earthquake machines will never get old and not annoying to me.

The only tesla fact that matters is He wanted to gently caress a pigeon so bad it killed him

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Fathis Munk posted:

I guess people like him show just how much some people are ready to sell their dignity to get famous.

Youtube is littered with Twitch compilations full of the same kind of stuff - "oh no I put donor messages on speaker in public and now all the messages are racist or loudly warning people that I'm a pedophile". So I guess you just take the gamble, hoover up all that ~Twitch viewer interaction~ money, and hope to god you don't get ruined when they inevitably start poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The price point where I carry a speaker and it says whatever other people want has at least 5 figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
More replies to a free Pride PS4 background
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1002735803309715462?s=19

Because there are absolutely no days of the year that celebrate mothers or fathers.