Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
didnt work on jayce. it has a 60 second cooldown anyways so it wouldnt really matter

wiki does say this though: "On Udyr Nimbus Cloak is exchanged with ???. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

my review of the new champ from having played with and against him upwards of 2 times each:

played with him in lane bot once and with him top once, enemy jungle once and enemy top once

both times he was top he dumpstered evil garen (darius)
he got creamed in jungle
he didnt hit a single spell bot with me (maybe he wasnt good at pudge)

seems like his ult is bugged and doesnt work a lot of the time, gives nonsensical people the shared gold (a guy who hit him then ran away vs. the guy who did 95% damage) or no one at all
seems like his hook is hard to hit, or people are bad at Pudge, the Butcher
seems like his stun is hard to hit or people are bad at running at people (cant think of a guy who stuns you by running through you, i guess Centaur Warlord)
seems like they just ran out of ideas and said well lets give him a speed sterioid (Weaver)
his passive (Slark) doesnt seem like it helps too much in lane

strong bird fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 1, 2018

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Stefan Prodan posted:

I assume Nimbus Cloak does literally nothing on Elise and Jayce?

Jayce gets nullifying orb instead, I assume it's the same for every weird-ult champion.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

strong bird posted:

my review of the new champ from having played with and against him upwards of 2 times each:

played with him in lane bot once and with him top once, enemy jungle once and enemy top once

he got creamed in jungle
he didnt hit a single spell bot with me (maybe he wasnt good at pudge)

seems like his ult is bugged and doesnt work a lot of the time, gives nonsensical people the shared gold (a guy who hit him then ran away vs. the guy who did 95% damage) or no one at all
seems like his hook is hard to hit, or people are bad at Pudge, the Butcher
seems like his stun is hard to hit or people are bad at running at people (cant think of a guy who stuns you by running through you, i guess Centaur Warlord)
seems like they just ran out of ideas and said well lets give him a speed sterioid (Weaver)
his passive (Slark) doesnt seem like it helps too much in lane

Not that I've played with pyke, but iirc the gold sharing just gives to whoever hit the champ last, regardless of damage.

It does seem like it would be easy to ruin his passive in bot lane by warding the brush. Tho you can just back off and camo to recover

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

The Mash posted:

Jayce gets nullifying orb instead, I assume it's the same for every weird-ult champion.

ohh that makes sense, i was wondering about that

strong bird posted:

what the gently caress, really

its kinda rare a melee champion has "dumpsters darius" as a point on their resume

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Verviticus posted:

ohh that makes sense, i was wondering about that

its kinda rare a melee champion has "dumpsters darius" as a point on their resume

the time he was on our team it was only a early gameish dumpstering but our darius got absolutely bodied and never recovered

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Pyke is Freelo if you're a support main. Not because he's broken, but because everyone playing him right now is a top or mid laner trying to play an assassin bottom lane and having no idea how to play bot lane at all, and just feeding. It's a huge buff to Janna and Nami who were already hella strong

I'm assuming they're going to muck around with Pyke's numbers soon and make him too strong for bot lane or accidentally a jungler/mid laner.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Be a Taric main this patch imo

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, stormrazor on draven seems stupid.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Bork into essence reaver vayne with the new ultimate speed rune is fun.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I swear soraka is freelo most of the time I see her because it's impossible to get your ADC to spare the 800g to get a executioner, doesn't matter if the rest of the enemy team is a mundo/vlad/swain/ect, it will be 35 minutes until the ADC adds a executioner to his build after you asked him to build it at 10 minutes.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I swear soraka is freelo most of the time I see her because it's impossible to get your ADC to spare the 800g to get a executioner, doesn't matter if the rest of the enemy team is a mundo/vlad/swain/ect, it will be 35 minutes until the ADC adds a executioner to his build after you asked him to build it at 10 minutes.

No excuse for other champs to not build morellos

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

I hate aram now.
Where can I learn to jungle or support?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

uguu posted:

I hate aram now.
Where can I learn to jungle or support?

Summoners rift, normal draft

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

How do I play ashe now? I'm confused by how her passive interacts with the new IE and junk.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Off the top of my head I'd expect her passive works the same, only with her crits still doing the true damage. I'd have to try it but that's how I'd expect the interaction to work.

E: After running some numbers in practice I believe yes that is exactly how the interaction works.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 1, 2018

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
She’s probably poo poo rn since IE first was so reliable for her.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

its curtains for Kevin posted:

She’s probably poo poo rn since IE first was so reliable for her.

IE is still a good first item for her though, it fulfills a lot of the same stuff Essence Reaver used to as a damage spike though obviously is way more expensive. Wonder if Bork Ashe comes back with the price of that getting cut.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I've just been doing Runan's into IE and then whatever.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Verviticus posted:

it sounds impossible on paper, but I bore witness to this pyke gamer engaging his brain thrusters and somehow inexplicably owning the obscene champion Darius. I don't know that a unit of measurement big enough has been invented to quantify the chasm of skill difference it would take for this to happen

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

njsykora posted:

IE is still a good first item for her though, it fulfills a lot of the same stuff Essence Reaver used to as a damage spike though obviously is way more expensive. Wonder if Bork Ashe comes back with the price of that getting cut.

I think hurricane would be a better first choice, or at least to just sit on 1/2 BF swords while you finish a zeal item. IE's passive being useless without crit isn't good

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's a solid point actually, it kinda sucks that there are no 20% crit items any more since that means with IE you're basically sat at 20% of wasted crit chance if you go double zeal.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

njsykora posted:

That's a solid point actually, it kinda sucks that there are no 20% crit items any more since that means with IE you're basically sat at 20% of wasted crit chance if you go double zeal.

Kind of the point.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I know this sounds totally gimmicky, but with some AS items + ER, couldn't you build a perma stunlock twisted fate for the ultimate in ganking experience?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

there are a bunch of champions with stuns and auto-attack design that would let them put out a lot of CC in a short time with ER. irelia/jax are a couple, maybe aatrox, xin. i wonder how it would perform on riven, if some autist figures out how to combo 8000 damage in 0.5 seconds or some dumb bullshit

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Verviticus posted:

there are a bunch of champions with stuns and auto-attack design that would let them put out a lot of CC in a short time with ER. irelia/jax are a couple, maybe aatrox, xin. i wonder how it would perform on riven, if some autist figures out how to combo 8000 damage in 0.5 seconds or some dumb bullshit

Renekton

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah rage w on renekton would count as 3 autos so he could prob q w q instantly. Not sure if the w autos would work on the CD of w, but if so that's like permastun status.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
There’s a thread on reddit about how Teemo can perma-blind

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
So some hotfix changes went out

Banner's garbage now, Kaisa got turbonerfed, Ez got nerfed badly as well, yasuo got buffed

they sure are, uh, a thing

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Transient People posted:

So some hotfix changes went out

Banner's garbage now, Kaisa got turbonerfed, Ez got nerfed badly as well, yasuo got buffed

they sure are, uh, a thing

Banner being hot poo poo was somewhat unexpected, considering every commentator I saw was saying it was a flat nerf. Not surprising Kai'sa/Ez got whacked considering how disruptive the changes to ADC items were. This'll take at least 2-3 more patches to settle down, I reckon.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Transient People posted:

yasuo got buffed

Always hate to hear that. It makes good Yas players better and the rear end in a top hat on my team who is now a Yas main feed to no end.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just went 19/5 in my second game as Pyke support. I'm supporting.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
yeah essence reaver renekton is ridiculous

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

this pyke champ is so broken, i love it

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

So, perma banned for the next few weeks is what you're saying

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

His ult means that if you are under 25% (or whatever the threshold %) health, you can't even show near him because he will W-R and get ult resets. ADCs can't get any relief this patch.

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
Loving the new items with Jhin.

I can't tell if stormrazor is actually good on him or not.

Seri fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 2, 2018

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The Ez changes aren't that bad. The passive nerf means nothing since you don't have time to attack that fast anyway, and the scaling AD nerf will probably lower his win rate by a bit but not too much. It's a 3 AD difference at 6, and 9 AD at 18. Not that awful.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Imma need to see of StormRazor is good for Trynd. I will mourn the old ER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The only thing thats good for that bonkers rear end in a top hat who spins is swift removal from the games source code