Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
FTL

Actually don't show me how to play on normal. Perhaps it is more in the spirit of this thread to have you try out less well known games.

Here's how others play me on normal. I really enjoyed that LP, and I got to be a mantis captain too starting at 5-2 :)

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

wait i thought you were supposed to describe the game for people who don't know about it :mad:

Voting DSD.

Convoy but slightly more interesting but much more luck based.

Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again x2

I dunno about killing dragons but saving cats is a worthy goal.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DSD

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Gotta vote DSD for promise value.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Gotta go DSD, just don't go full DSP.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Galak-Z looks pretty fun. It's a got a good cartoon aesthetic. Shame to hear it doesn't have an ending though.

Throw in a vote for FTL for balance.

Yzuped
Apr 22, 2014
Hmm. You might have sold me on another game.

Do DSD, ftl's been done to death.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Yzuped posted:

Hmm. You might have sold me on another game.

Do DSD, ftl's been done to death.

Yeah minus 1 vote for ftl.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Also jumping on the "don't play FTL, everyone has already" train.
Galak-Z looks really fun, but I can't stand the lazy spritework they've done with the characters. One expression that never quite fits their dialogue or situation, that awful thing where they distort the sprites to give the impression of having actually drawn more than one frame, and using separate rotating sprites for limbs so that Beam's elbows spin around in all sorts of unnatural ways every time she points at something. Full points for fun looking gameplay despite this.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Deep Sky Derelicts

An unprecedented Friday update starring the TRASH MAN!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK0CL7bHbII

:siren: GOOD GAMES MAYBE :siren:

Choices this time:

20XX
20XX is a roguelike action platformer that you can play with a friend. Jump and shoot your way through ever-changing levels, collect awesome new powers, and battle mighty bosses in the name of saving the human race maybe! AKA mega mans.

Meganoid
Meganoid is a challenging platformer, generating new levels on every play session. Find many items to enhance your character and his abilities while you descend down into the Meganoid space ship.

Spartan Fist
Fight your way to fame, fortune and glory in this first-person puncher roguelite as you work to retrieve the fabled Spartan Fist. Tap your inner badass, and punch dudes so hard they explode.

Crazy Achmed posted:

Galak-Z looks really fun, but I can't stand the lazy spritework they've done with the characters...
Galak-Z's character artwork is kind of wack but for some reason I like it more for that.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 1, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Spartan Fist!

Okay, vote made, time to watch the video~

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

spartan fist

DSD definitely looks like a less in-depth sci-fi darkest dungeons. What's on the roadmap? It seems interesting enough, and the aesthetic is pretty good...

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Let's get punchy up in here!

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Captain Foo posted:

DSD definitely looks like a less in-depth sci-fi darkest dungeons. What's on the roadmap? It seems interesting enough, and the aesthetic is pretty good...

DSD is pretty alright. Once it's out of early access it might be worth checking out. According to the developer's website the full release is in September of this year.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

20XX

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I have a soft spot for Zeno Clash, so Spartan Fist it is.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Oh god, deep sky has the same awful paper-doll rotating limbs spritework going on :bahgawd: It just looks incredibly silly... I dunno, I guess to me it only really works if the art style is meant to be like that (paper mario, scribblenauts etc.). Beautiful comic book style, otherwise! The biff/whammo stills when you play a card are, on the other hand, a great way of minimising artwork without making things look weird.

Yeah, Galak-Z has a really cool saturday morning cartoon aesthetic going on! It's such a pity they didn't have a bit more funding to just, well draw a few more porttrait stills for the characters.

Hmm, both 20xx and Spartan Fist sound interesting. 20xx seems like it would work really well and be a fun game, assuming it's not made by the kind of person who likes spikes way too much, but first person punching sounds more innovative and intriguing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
DSD really just... seemed more like a regular dungeon crawler? Like Darkest Dungeons in that regard, I guess.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Spartan Fist

Punch everyone. Even yourself!!!

:siren: TWIN STICKS & GENERIC GAMES :siren:

Monsters and Monacles
Monsters and Monocles is a frantic top-down shooter for 1-4 players. Use teamwork and your arsenal of weapons to defeat the overwhelming hordes of evil, either locally or online. All the levels are procedurally generated with new layouts, objectives, and secrets each time you play.

Ruin of the Reckless
Ruin of the Reckless is a breakneck-paced, melee-focused roguelike brawler with very light persistent progression elements and a punishing difficulty curve. Play with a friend!

Legend of Dungeon
Legend of Dungeon is a randomly generated action RPG Beat'em'up with heavy Rogue-like elements, striking visuals, and dynamic music.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Not bad. Not exactly to my taste (the particle and blur effects are a bit much) and kind of short, but a decent game all the same.

I think I heard Legend of Dungeon was cool so let's go with that.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
I'd like to see Monsters and Monocles, myself. I've been curious about it for a long time.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

seemed like a fun little game.

m&m

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I like the title “Monsters and Monacles” but I gotta go with Legend of Dungeon.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Legend of Dungeon looks the best

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Well that existed, I guess. Let's try for Legend of Dungeon next.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Legend of Dungeon

Definitely a game.

:siren: VOTEZZZ :siren:

In Celebration of Violence
A fantasy action roguelike of exploration and murder. Live, kill, die, improve, live again.

Synthetik
SYNTHETIK is an unforgiving shooter rogue-lite set in a world overrun by machines. Battle from floor to floor, defeating an array of robotic forces using powerful weapons, upgrades, and quick reflexes. Can you defeat the Heart of Armageddon?

Bombslinger
A Bomberman-inspired Wild West action game with bombs! A solo hardcore reinvention of the iconic explosive action!

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Voting Bombslinger or Violence. The other one looks fun to play but not to watch.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

synthetik

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Bombslinger

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

ITER VEHEMENS AD... oh, that's not the same game

uh

Bombslinger looks the most fundamentally fun.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Wow, Legend of Dungeon looks like a nothing of a game. I guess when I read the description I was hoping for something more like that action RPG you played earlier in the thread, the one that has incomprehensible controls, but at least they were trying something.

Gotta vote bombslinger because a bomberman roguelite sounds like it has a lot of potential for greatness.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Gotta vote for Bombslinger because there aren't too many bomberman-type games. I expect it to not be that good but hope to be proven wrong.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Synthetik is cool as hell. I need to play it more.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Synthetik

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Wow, that was exactly as generic and :effort: as I thought it'd probably be. I was really hoping it'd surprise me.

Putting in a pity vote for In Celebration of Violence, because the other two sound like they could actually be interesting but I can't decide between them.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Bombslinger

A bomb!?

:siren: POLLING STATION :siren:

Nuclear Throne
Nuclear Throne is a post-apocalyptic roguelike-like top-down shooter. Not 'the final hope of humanity' post-apocalyptic, but 'humanity is extinct and mutants and monsters now roam the world' post-apocalyptic. Fight your way through the wastelands with powerful weaponry, collecting radiation to mutate some new limbs and abilities.

The Weaponographist
Play as Doug McGrave, famous demon hunter for hire. Highest level, bestest gear, ruggedly handsome, and unrepentant jerk. For refusing to aid one stinking demon-infested town, you are immediately – and deservedly – cursed. Your powers, your wealth, and your weapons… Poof! Gone.

GoNNER
GoNNER is a tough as hell procedurally-generated 2D platformer with roguelike elements, following the largely misunderstood and altruistic Ikk on a journey to cheer up his only friend in this world - a giant landbound whale named Sally - by searching for just the right trinket in the deep and dark places nearby.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Nuclear Throne because while hard it's really drat good.

e: That was a fun little game. Maybe a bit easy but I'm glad to see they did justice to Bomberman.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 23, 2018

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

GoNNER out of morbid curiosity.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Nuclear Throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009