Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Conversely, though, he's also one of the better and well rounded players of the lot. No weird gimmicks or tryharding a singe playstyle.

That's definitely true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

prom candy posted:

Sypher is my favourite Fortnite streamer so far, seems like a nice guy and he's good

Yeah, Sypher is the only streamer I can handle, main NicMercs too. I feel to old to be able to handle the overexcited people like Ninja etc. Just calm down dude...

I watched Darquan's videos but the constant COME HERE BOY and WADU U MEAN got old very fast.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It feels like Daequan has slid into obscurity, but I may just be not paying much attention to him. Even comedy relief streamers like Lupo or Tim are more watchable to me.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

If I watch Fortnite, it's mainly Tim at this point, otherwise it's usually just variety stuff. Especially Tim at night is nice, but fucks with the normal EU schedule obviously.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Nickmercs is too "dudebro" for me, but he seems chill. I really only watch Sypher's Fortnite stream now. Or whenever Calvin is streaming Fortnite but that's rare. Tim is bad at the game, and I only find him funny when I'm watching him on other people's streams. His screaming voice is great background filler when watching an actual good player lol.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
You shut your mouth you dirty hooker

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I think I might be getting old but I could live without Tim belching directly into the mic every 5 minutes

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Thirding (or fourthing?) SypherPK. He's very good about explaining what he's doing/thinking about. I like Nickmercs too for the most part but one person I don't see mentioned too often (if ever) is HighDistortion. HD is ridiculously good at this game and would probably curbstomp most the duos in Keemstar's tourney solo but for whatever reason he isn't allowed to participate. Being an old Gears of War player, he has some of the nastiest shotgun work I've seen so far in Fortnite and he's really chill. Older guy as well if that matters to anyone (I believe he's 31).

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Squiggles Unite posted:

Thirding (or fourthing?) SypherPK. He's very good about explaining what he's doing/thinking about. I like Nickmercs too for the most part but one person I don't see mentioned too often (if ever) is HighDistortion. HD is ridiculously good at this game and would probably curbstomp most the duos in Keemstar's tourney solo but for whatever reason he isn't allowed to participate. Being an old Gears of War player, he has some of the nastiest shotgun work I've seen so far in Fortnite and he's really chill. Older guy as well if that matters to anyone (I believe he's 31).

Loved him at first, but after a while something just snapped and his "critique" changed into bitching for me. I try and watch him sometimes still, and I see he's finally blown up from <1k to 15k+ viewers so I'm happy for him, but gently caress me he's still so goddamn grumpy.

He's insanely good though.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
His guides are some of the best on YouTube. He's definitely a smart player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cna0NxrylXg&t=812s

I do see his grumpiness come out sometimes. He's the kind of person who can really hate the players he fights, especially if he thinks they're playing the game wrong. Also maybe it's confirmation bias but he always has an excuse for why he gets killed. it's not his fault

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 2, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seditiar posted:

Loved him at first, but after a while something just snapped and his "critique" changed into bitching for me. I try and watch him sometimes still, and I see he's finally blown up from <1k to 15k+ viewers so I'm happy for him, but gently caress me he's still so goddamn grumpy.

Agreed. I try to watch HD for how good he is at just killing everything but he whines so often that it’s really grating to watch him for more than a match or two.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

Seditiar posted:

Are we talking about SypherPk or HD here? I can see that with SypherPK but the streams I've watched of HD he seems way more relaxed than the others. And yeah he kills people as well as anyone I've seen.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Squiggles Unite posted:

Are we talking about SypherPk or HD here? I can see that with SypherPK but the streams I've watched of HD he seems way more relaxed than the others. And yeah he kills people as well as anyone I've seen.

That's HD, he's notoriously whiny, second only to Daequan.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Squiggles Unite posted:

HD yeah. What you just said is literally how I felt a few months back when I first started watching him. For me once the new wore off, it became really annoying. Once you start noticing how often he blames everyone but himself.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

gently caress this event mission.
Kill shielders? Sure!
Oh.. there's none spawning anywhere anymore.
Most you kill don't drop the data. I've found 2 pieces of ten in 3 missions so far.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
All of their vanilla-WoW-esque "get me 10 bear asses but not all bears have asses" quests suck rear end.

I must have broken 70 beds to get the 15 for the event quest.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Yeah this is almost as bad as halloween for dumb quests breaking things and collecting things. I hope they do less of this kind of thing in the future. They sent me a survey a week or so back and I said that tedious events are less fun and more progress on the actual core game progression would be more fun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I stream but you guys don't watch me :(

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Shere posted:

All of their vanilla-WoW-esque "get me 10 bear asses but not all bears have asses" quests suck rear end.

I must have broken 70 beds to get the 15 for the event quest.

yea, not a fan of this format.

is tolerable if they mix with other type of quest, but most "events" seems to be a string of these with ray voicelines

I like events that add a limited time mode much more, even if the ltm sucks.

ltm's also generally have a supergrindy or hard to beat challenge, so you can "show off" dedication or skill by having poo poo other people don't have

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Hey it’s fun collecting things that don’t appear once on an entire map 😁

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Agoat posted:

I stream but you guys don't watch me :(

Link?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I have still yet to ever get an RPG.

That thing loving eludes me.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

stuxracer posted:

Hey it’s fun collecting things that don’t appear once on an entire map 😁

But is it as fun as having to do an uncommon event that may spawn in a map or may not and requires a group to complete? Don't worry until you find one of those we won't let you advance the main 'story' and unlock more of the map.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

Seditiar posted:

HD yeah. What you just said is literally how I felt a few months back when I first started watching him. For me once the new wore off, it became really annoying. Once you start noticing how often he blames everyone but himself.

After having this discussion I watched his stream last night and totally see what you guys are talking about. Buuuuut he sounds like a grumpy old man when he complains and I can relate sooo yeah maybe why that's why I missed it :v:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

http://twitch.tv/Agoat

I stream other games as well, but I've been dabbling in Fortnite. I know the shotgun is the main weapon in CQC but I love the deagle, too. I'm old school so I play around structures more than I build them... But man I land some shots.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Won my first duo game solo yesterday. I was only playing solo duo to improve myself for regular duo games, but found myself in a 1v1v1 finish with the high ground & circle advantage. :toot:

re: streamers: calvin is cool. I used to hope he'd join an overwatch league team, but now I want to see how far he can go in fortnite.

Nick eh 30 is good too, he streams on youtube rather than twitch. He's an amazing gamer and a generally positive and upbeat guy.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Sometimes you launch enemies into trees.
The flinger was -quite- happy to stay there hurling pitchers at base.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Patch tomorrow. Guess it's a small update this time?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
this thread is confusing if you only play BR

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My partner is gonna be out of the city the weekend, so I'm literally planning on just being insanely high and playing BR for far too many hours in a row.

gently caress I can't wait to veg out, get killed a lot cause it's been almost 3 weeks since I've played, and order takeout. We've been moving all the past week so I think I deserve it :colbert:

Jetpacks are still in the game, right? I'd hate myself if I missed out on those.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

Jetpacks are still in the game, right? I'd hate myself if I missed out on those.

Yes, I say tentatively as a content update happens in 20 mins (from this post, 8am EST) that could change up how they work

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Found people cheating. Theres a way to glitch the lighning van, so husks don't target it.

Tryiing to find how people do it, I accidentally found a youtube video with scammer tecniques. Like.. if you drop 1 malaquite ore, then 130 copper trough a wall, it ends "stacking", so it seems like 130 malachite. You can do the same to make a cool weapon seems a large stack of that weapon.

O_o

kids these days.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 5, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Tei posted:

Tryiing to find how people do it, I accidentally found a youtube video with scammer tecniques. Like.. if you drop 1 malaquite ore, then 130 copper trough a wall, it ends "stacking", so it seems like 130 copper. You can do the same to make a cool weapon seems a large stack of that weapon.

O_o

kids these days.

i do the same to my teammates in br where I drop like 1 or two of a material or ammo at a time so they keep having to do the pickup button. it's incredibly infuriating but also hilarious to everyone else

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

There's something oddly chill about dropping towers. I guess because you fight instantly right from the start so you don't feel the pressure of protecting a good load out.
Always drop towers, friends. Namaste.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

tote up a bags posted:

There's something oddly chill about dropping towers. I guess because you fight instantly right from the start so you don't feel the pressure of protecting a good load out.
Always drop towers, friends. Namaste.

There are a lot of people here who feel that you are playing the game wrong. Can I interest you in a much more safe and rewarding drop zone like Hotel Motel, or the fox outside of Wailing Woods?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

el B posted:

There are a lot of people here who feel that you are playing the game wrong. Can I interest you in a much more safe and rewarding drop zone like Hotel Motel, or the fox outside of Wailing Woods?

I am a serial lonely-area dropper, I just recently discovered the unique vibe of the Tilted moshpit.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Excluding my first 20~ games, I have exclusively dropped into Tilted :clint: unless a challenge dictates otherwise. Partly because if you survive the gauntlet you walk away with great loot and partly because I'm still so so new to the game that getting in as many fights as possible has helped me get used to the controls/aiming a lot more quickly. Now I'm starting to run into the problem of getting really familiar with Tilted but being a fish out of water everywhere else on the map :doh: So, outside of Tilted, where is everyone's favorite place to land?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Squiggles Unite posted:

Excluding my first 20~ games, I have exclusively dropped into Tilted :clint: unless a challenge dictates otherwise. Partly because if you survive the gauntlet you walk away with great loot and partly because I'm still so so new to the game that getting in as many fights as possible has helped me get used to the controls/aiming a lot more quickly. Now I'm starting to run into the problem of getting really familiar with Tilted but being a fish out of water everywhere else on the map :doh: So, outside of Tilted, where is everyone's favorite place to land?

I like small towns with many houses. Good oportunity to hide, loot, and control encounters.
I secretly like the Flush Factory, but is too far from the center, so landing there can be a issue if the circle centers too far.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Squiggles Unite posted:

Lucky Landing has great loot and doesn’t get too many people landing there (excluding this week due to battle pass challenges).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The racetrack was my first spot that I dropped at like twenty times, know that place like the back of my hand.

Tilted's smaller buildings still confuse me a bit, but my homies and I have a solid nomenclature for them so it works well enough. Jesus Fish is probably my favourite building, I think it's in the SE? Can enter it from like five different points of ingress so even if I get there late in still likely to grab a gun.