Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weeping Wound posted:

not surprised that the IDF has a literal honest-to-god Sea Patrol

Gotta stop Cynthia McKinney from blockade running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

trump is planning to subordinate the jerusalem consulate to the us embassy, cutting for the first time direct contact between palestinians and the state dept and forcing them to go through the hostile intermediary of the ambassador to israel.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

GWBBQ posted:

Just to make sure, were any of the people killed in Gaza during protests armed or sent by Hamas, or am I correct in assuming it's total BS?

armed? definitely not. israel hasn't even suggested that any of the people it shot might have been armed

sent by Hamas? this is so vague as to be meaningless, particularly when applied to 50k people a day over the course of more than a month

some of them were probably Hamas members, yes. but Hamas isn't just an armed group - it is also a Palestinian political movement as well as the official and legitimate government of Gaza, and employs 50,000 civilians to handle administrative work, public services, bureaucracy, etc.

Israel likes to deliberately erase the distinction between "Hamas employees" and "armed soldiers from Hamas' military wing" because it makes it easier to justify shooting unarmed civilians and helps people to forget that Hamas even has civilian members

that applies to other things too. notice that the IDF is often not very specific when it talks about how it bombed "Hamas facilities" in Gaza as retribution for rocket launches

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Real hurthling! posted:

trump is planning to subordinate the jerusalem consulate to the us embassy, cutting for the first time direct contact between palestinians and the state dept and forcing them to go through the hostile intermediary of the ambassador to israel.

if only the previous 6 administrations had actually given a poo poo about the Palestinians instead of pretending to give a poo poo. Any one of them could have unilaterally established a Palestinian embassy and this dumbass intermediary wouldn’t exist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

if only the previous 6 administrations had actually given a poo poo about the Palestinians instead of pretending to give a poo poo. Any one of them could have unilaterally established a Palestinian embassy and this dumbass intermediary wouldn’t exist.

its the same system as hong kong

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
phone posting but death to Israel and all their fascist pigs https://reddit.app.link/eZ30vrBzpN

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/1002879398180282368?s=19

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

but the kindergarten though

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
i hate israel

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

i came to laugh at the hamas terror tunnel

finally hamas unleashed the gates of hell

hamas delved too greedily and too deep, they unleashed bibi's bane

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Lol

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1003114131212382208?s=19

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

armed? definitely not. israel hasn't even suggested that any of the people it shot might have been armed

sent by Hamas? this is so vague as to be meaningless, particularly when applied to 50k people a day over the course of more than a month

some of them were probably Hamas members, yes. but Hamas isn't just an armed group - it is also a Palestinian political movement as well as the official and legitimate government of Gaza, and employs 50,000 civilians to handle administrative work, public services, bureaucracy, etc.

Israel likes to deliberately erase the distinction between "Hamas employees" and "armed soldiers from Hamas' military wing" because it makes it easier to justify shooting unarmed civilians and helps people to forget that Hamas even has civilian members

that applies to other things too. notice that the IDF is often not very specific when it talks about how it bombed "Hamas facilities" in Gaza as retribution for rocket launches
Yeah, pretty much what i expected.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hamas apparently has a navy

https://twitter.com/i24NEWS_EN/status/1003115232024285184?s=19

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Does "naval position" mean "fisherman's wharf" ?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i hope because my money is on a palestinian toddler with floaties

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Percelus posted:

i hope because my money is on a palestinian toddler with floaties

Lethal Floatie Flotilla

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Yes.

Hamas's navy are just frogmen commandos in rubber dinghies. They could deploy from anywhere along the coastline, so the idea that these are "naval positions" is 100% horseshit.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the medic who got murdered is getting a lot of attention over the others because she was also really hot

and thats OK, because gently caress israel

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i hope they reverse engineer the missile and make their own piss-powered iron dome

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

piss rockets, piss tape: they're both extremely real

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
In a shocking twist, iron dome missiles revealed to be aluminum tubes full of bubble wrap with a smoke grenade at the end to give the impression of destroying the target rocket

America starts paying double for access to iron dome technology

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

In a shocking twist, iron dome missiles revealed to be aluminum tubes full of bubble wrap with a smoke grenade at the end to give the impression of destroying the target rocket

America starts paying double for access to iron dome technology

The qassam rockets are actually supplied by israel to the gazans. They can be detonated remotely so the israeli's self-destruct the qassams when the iron dome missiles get close. In exchange for their cooperation the israeli's give the gazans a small portion of the US aid they receive for their iron dome project.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The ancient Spartans thought of themselves as foreign occupiers of Lacedaemonia, which was a tradition they maintained all the way up until the Romans took over. Because they considered themselves foreign they were in constant fear of indigenous Helot uprisings, which is why every year the new class of Ephors re-declared Sparta's war upon the Helots and sent the Krypteia to murder every Helot they thought was the strongest and most likely to rebel.

Anyway you can see where I'm going with this.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The ancient Spartans thought of themselves as foreign occupiers of Lacedaemonia, which was a tradition they maintained all the way up until the Romans took over. Because they considered themselves foreign they were in constant fear of indigenous Helot uprisings, which is why every year the new class of Ephors re-declared Sparta's war upon the Helots and sent the Krypteia to murder every Helot they thought was the strongest and most likely to rebel.

Death to Sparta.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.newsweek.com/israel-ayatollah-ali-khamenei-mean-girls-regina-george-iran-twitter-embassy-957440?amp=1

Im dead now

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

newsweek blows

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/noa_landau/status/1003657690156077057

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PatriceWilmot/status/1003695185518387202?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't approve of Sparta's horrific slave apartheid state but you have to admit they have the most permissive attitudes towards gay relationships from here to Thebes!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AHudhayfah/status/1003631239675379713

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

bloomberg reporting that trump will officially recognize the golan as israeli territory at some point in the first term.

Somebody must have tweeted this modest proposal at ol' goodbrains

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Who could have guessed that an ambassador insulting every other ambassador with cheap stunts to further her career would end up being ostracized, crazy stuff

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Lord of Pie posted:

Somebody must have tweeted this modest proposal at ol' goodbrains

poo poo, does that give them Medina? I say go for it, I wanna see that Holy War.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

nopantsjack posted:

I don't approve of Sparta's horrific slave apartheid state but you have to admit they have the most permissive attitudes towards gay relationships from here to Thebes!

In Sparta a woman can own property and command slaves. So progressive!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Omg the Palestinian Ambassador with a sick old man/English as a second language burn: "If that is not the epic of a complete failure, I want you to tell me what is [...]" EPIC FAIL

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopantsjack posted:

In sparta, young brides were dressed as young men and fake kidnapped, to ease the men into having sex with women. These same young men were forced into being bottoms for older spartans, until they got old enough to return the favor to another generation. The only thing the spartans were equal opportunity about was rape.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what did they use as lube 2000 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bull loving poo poo she wasn't deliberately shot.