Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Marquez is going to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Look at this debbie downer. Look at him!
3min until race start and like big kev, I'm excited.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
zarco and dovi took themselves out :(

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

Marquez is going to win.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Holy crap, that last lap in Moto3.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Wirth1000 posted:

Marquez is going to win.

Too drunk to gently caress care. What a crappy race with the best condenders loving up and crashing .
I've got to ask any knowledgeable people here though: what's up with only marquez thinking about hards with a 42C track temp? Seriously did no other rider or team think about hard tyres on a warm track?
Probably wouldn't have helped real contenders as they crashed out anyway, but even the podiums could have been better sorted or fought for if anyone else that to fit hards.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 20, 2018

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dunno if its changed this year but last year you didn't really want to be on the hard tire but the Hondas (besides pedrosa) had to use it because they couldn't make the other compounds last race distance.

Nobody really chucked it down in the later stages of the race and it wasn't like Marquez pulled away significantly towards the end so I don't really think it was that much of a factor.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fo3 posted:

Too drunk to gently caress care. What a crappy race with the best condenders loving up and crashing .
I've got to ask any knowledgeable people here though: what's up with only marquez thinking about hards with a 42C track temp? Seriously did no other rider or team think about hard tyres on a warm track?
Probably wouldn't have helped real contenders as they crashed out anyway, but even the podiums could have been better sorted or fought for if anyone else that to fit hards.

Petrucci managed second on soft front and rear. The Michelins don't really seem to wear at all, they just fly apart if you overheat them so if you can avoid doing that over race distance you can nurse the soft compounds through.

Also keep in mind the tyres are different track to track, built for the prevailing weather conditions/surface abrasion and the differences between compounds is very small.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
haha, I'm watching the race right now and just noticed that Dorna goes from a DETERMINED face to a SMILING face as a rider moves up.... i mean granted this was like just as dovi crashed too lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Anyone remember which race it was years ago where Rossi crashed, picked the bike up and kept going? But his shifter peg was destroyed so he had to shift with his toe the rest of the race.

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO

:haw:

https://twitter.com/MachinePix/status/998389265884004354

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Fo3 posted:

zarco and dovi took themselves out :(

That made me sad.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
WorldSBK race at Donington this weekend and of course it's raining.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Van Der Mark wins race one first Dutch winner of a worldSBK race.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That was a really good race.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Today's Race2 was excellent. Good fights between everyone though the field and it wasn't just a run away at the front.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
MotoGP Italian round at Mugello this weekend. Iannone announces that he and Suzuki are parting ways at the end of the season. Someone lets slip that Lorenzo may retire instead of continuing with Ducati, then Lorenzo makes a statement that he won't retire, but is looking for options. Normal Soap Opera continues.

Any predictions?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Lorenzo to Suzuki.

Iannone to WSBK.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Lorenzo has apparently pissed off Suzuki and finds himself in the unique position of being a multi-world champion without a factory that wants him.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How do you piss off Suzuki? They seem like they'll sign anybody who has a pulse.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I imagine Lorenzo demanded a massive salary.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He hasn't accepted the fact that his 3 championships don't mean he's still worth 10mil. Until he bets on himself and rides for gently caress all/free he hasn't got a seat next year. It's an extraordinary situation and may involve dorna stepping in with some of the ol' rule bending so he has something to ride next year.

Iannone's going to aprilia as he was their second choice after petrux who is presumably taking george's seat.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Slavvy posted:

He hasn't accepted the fact that his 3 championships don't mean he's still worth 10mil. Until he bets on himself and rides for gently caress all/free he hasn't got a seat next year. It's an extraordinary situation and may involve dorna stepping in with some of the ol' rule bending so he has something to ride next year.

Iannone's going to aprilia as he was their second choice after petrux who is presumably taking george's seat.

Of all things, Johnny Rea from WSBK is being courted by the Aprilla MotoGP team.
If you have a log in for WorldSBK.com:
http://www.worldsbk.com/en/videos/2018/2018%20WorldSBK%20Romano%20Albesiano%20INTW

It's hilarious that Rea isn't named at all during the interview and that the title for the video is wild speculation. With as much success as Rea has had in WSBK, I cannot see him going to a team that isn't competitive.
(A side note for the WSBK side is that both Rea and Sykes might be looking for new rides, though Sykes let it be known that he may stay if Rea leaves)

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jun 1, 2018

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Not sure I’d take a flyer on Rea if I were not-aprilia and if I were him I don’t think I’d go ride for Aprilia who is just not good.

Lorenzo’s situation is crazy. I read a rumor he was going to ride for a satellite Yamaha team. Dude has won championships and can’t get a bike. I blame Iannone for teaching Suzuki just what it’s like to have a difficult rider. Like the friend who dates someone that’s just batshit and their next SO is slightly less attractive than usual but totally chill and they’re totally happy. What I’m saying is Pedrosa to Suzuki.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Suzuki announces that they are in process of finalizing a deal with Joan Mir out of Moto2.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/06/01/brivio-confirms-suzuki-finalising-a-deal-with-mir/260504

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Mir is the hold up and the other dominoes will follow.

As always, read David Emmett. I highly recommend subscribing for the in depth content but also to keep him at the races.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2018/05/31/2018_mugello_motogp_thursday_round_up.html

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I doubt he'll do it but Lorenzo should be inquiring at Honda, it's the only remotely viable competitive seat where he'll salvage a decent salary.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is he really in the Steve Hislop basket already? Fast but a giant jerk nobody wants to work with or pay?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat that Pirro stoppie/highside was pretty crazy, apparently he's ok, but he looked like a candidate for No Prisoners 2018 .
Cant find a decent youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms2vPCPkAgk

edit: better video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li796eHsqcQ

echomadman fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 1, 2018

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

echomadman posted:

drat that Pirro stoppie/highside was pretty crazy, apparently he's ok, but he looked like a candidate for No Prisoners 2018 .

Holy poo poo.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
In good racing news, Isle of Mann TT is up and going again for the year, and is looking to be brilliant as always.

In really bad news, Dan Kneen was killed in a crash during superbike practice, and shortly after whilst the riders were being called back in, Steve Mercer was seriously injured in a crash with the course car.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

echomadman posted:

This is crazy, he's thrown from the bike and goes flying and then slams into the ground

Glad he's okay

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
And Rossi pulls rabbits out of hats when needed. Old guy gets pole.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Redvenom posted:

In good racing news, Isle of Mann TT is up and going again for the year, and is looking to be brilliant as always.

In really bad news, Dan Kneen was killed in a crash during superbike practice, and shortly after whilst the riders were being called back in, Steve Mercer was seriously injured in a crash with the course car.

It's tough the Isle of Man intersects closely between "Adults should be free within reason to do what they want" and also "maybe Superbikes are too quick for the IOM now."

But, the Daytona 200 died when they went to 750s or whatever so maybe it's best to keep with them

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sidecars are limited to 600cc at IoM, I dunno why solo bikes are somehow less dangerous at 1000.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah we could look into it deeper if we really want to but I think the deaths rate on the Snaefell Mountain Course has been pretty steady for the life of the TT from the 50s on. It goes up and down from year to year but if you draw a line thru them I don't think it's going up.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

holy poo poo

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

echomadman posted:

Why wear gear though you'll die if you crash at highway speeds.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
That was a really good qually session. Top 6 separated by ~.3, amazing parity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
ITV doesn't have the usual gang doing the TT this year and it's dry as gently caress, I nearly fell asleep. Cam Donald and Matt Roberts are alright but they have some woman I don't know doing Craig Doyle's old job and she sounds like she's doing an audition to narrate an audiobook about the sleeping habits of sloths. The TT is fueled by Monster they need to give her a couple of em