Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I can see Moon Pie or Arby's going for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pronounced posted:

Detective Jigsaw
"I'm the most interesting character the McElroy brothers have ever conceived."

I especially love Justin's spot-on Tobin Bell impression.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I'm still listening to TAZ after slogging through Petals to the Metal (didn't love the car fights or the boss fight, so that's about 4 hours of runtime right there that I wasn't feeling), and hoo boy is it great in Crystal Kingdom when they're doing the puzzle challenge and Justin does the whole bit about "if my skill called history does not literally help me with history trivia questions in a category called history, what’re we even fuckin’ doing here? This is Calvinball!" Griffin is a fun and creative DM but he just doesn't seem super well-suited to 5E, and it's interesting to see the moments where the players call him on it.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 1, 2018

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
same but also Petals to the Metal was amazing

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Valentin posted:

Griffin is a fun and creative DM but he just doesn't seem super well-suited to 5E, and it's interesting to see the moments where the players call him on it.

Crystal Kingdom was Everything Wrong With TAZ dot mp3 and he kind of doubles down on it later in several bad ways.
Honestly I haven't even listened to Amnesty at all because the mini-arc turned me off hard on it as Griffin's Soliloquy Corner with Special Guests His Family.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Valentin posted:

I'm still listening to TAZ after slogging through Petals to the Metal (didn't love the car fights or the boss fight, so that's about 4 hours of runtime right there that I wasn't feeling), and hoo boy is it great in Crystal Kingdom when they're doing the puzzle challenge and Justin does the whole bit about "if my skill called history does not literally help me with history trivia questions in a category called history, what’re we even fuckin’ doing here? This is Calvinball!" Griffin is a fun and creative DM but he just doesn't seem super well-suited to 5E, and it's interesting to see the moments where the players call him on it.

Interesting. Being down on Petals but up on Crystal Kingdom makes you the opposite of most here.

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Everything Wrong With TAZ dot mp3

https://youtu.be/Vbks4abvLEw

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Meanwhile I've just caught up on Amnesty and the loving jetpack bit had me in stitches

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Ariong posted:

Oh yeah, something about the latest MBMBaM I forgot to mention: It was very frustrating to me when JonTron said racist poo poo and saw basically no consequences, so it was gratifying to hear Griffin casually dump on him for it.

I mean, being a jackass did get him kicked from Game Grumps right before it became a loving media empire, so there's that. Racist video game fans keep giving him money, though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I mean, being a jackass did get him kicked from Game Grumps right before it became a loving media empire, so there's that. Racist video game fans keep giving him money, though.

Has Arin or anyone ever said anything regarding Jon leaving?

Also, I would practically kill to either be a part of Game Grumps or involved in something that the Bois are, and Jon and another poo poo head we just won't name anymore had that and hosed it up royally.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Has Arin or anyone ever said anything regarding Jon leaving?

The official line was always a combination of Jon moving to New York/wanting to focus more on his stuff. Arin did a guest appearance on a video of his a few years ago before he broke bad.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
oh man I really need to watch the new episode now

nael
Sep 10, 2009

Pastrymancy posted:

I can see Moon Pie or Arby's going for it

I could see Cheerwine doing one.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raserys posted:

oh man I really need to watch the new episode now

post screenshots, when you watch it

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wish I could enjoy Oreo's, but I must show solidarity with my father in not buying Nabisco products

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

flatluigi posted:

is there a single other bit across all of mbmbam that just immediately goes off the rails and gets further and further afield than Tit Liquid

Late, but Giant Scott Bakula was the bit that made me certain I would listen to this podcast forever

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Enourmo posted:

post screenshots, when you watch it

hmm think i missed the jontron bit

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raserys posted:

hmm think i missed the jontron bit

It was during the jumbotron, why would you skip that (you monster)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Was the name Taako a reference to THAC0? I'm only just now realizing this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

change my name posted:

Was the name Taako a reference to THAC0? I'm only just now realizing this.

it was probably mostly the food, I don't think Justin was much of a D&D nerd before it and THAC0 isn't exactly something you'd pick up from the computer RPGs and all.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Listening to the first episode of TAZ again, it sounds like Justin did the fantasy name generator thing of "throw a bunch of letters together without saying it out loud"

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

flatluigi posted:

is there a single other bit across all of mbmbam that just immediately goes off the rails and gets further and further afield than Tit Liquid

Tit Liquid is indisputable, but I'd submit Cake Boss as a close runner up, since it was originally about gay bachelor parties.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Every once in a while youtube shows this on my recommendations and I always watch it and I always laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8_bUBXaOY

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

In one/several of the The "The Adventure Zone" Zone episodes Justin came out and said "Nah I thought typical fantasy names were ridiculous so I just named him 'taco' cause gently caress that noise". The food was 100% the inspiration and he fudged the spelling as a goof.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Crystal Kingdom was Everything Wrong With TAZ dot mp3 and he kind of doubles down on it later in several bad ways.
Honestly I haven't even listened to Amnesty at all because the mini-arc turned me off hard on it as Griffin's Soliloquy Corner with Special Guests His Family.

I was pretty down on Amnesty because of the whole split party thing being the loving worst but it's been growing on me, especially the most recent episode.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Simone Poodoin posted:

Every once in a while youtube shows this on my recommendations and I always watch it and I always laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8_bUBXaOY

Never saw this before, thanks

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

flatluigi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph37HVDL6x8 Country Music Lyric Generator sure is going for it.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Louie Zong is by far the best MBMBaM animator. His character concept for Cromslor is better than anything I could have imagined.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

The Duggler posted:

Never saw this before, thanks

Here's one he never posted to his youtube page.

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/942874524835512321

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
So the boys quitting Polygon was all kayfabe, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBMk7hhOLk

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
https://www.twitch.tv/dnd/

Clint as Merle right now

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Zeeman posted:

So the boys quitting Polygon was all kayfabe, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBMk7hhOLk

They're going to guest on stuff and do the occasional monster factory. Between kids and their other projects they said they didn't have the time for everything anymore.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Threep posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/dnd/

Clint as Merle right now

already very good

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They're going to guest on stuff and do the occasional monster factory. Between kids and their other projects they said they didn't have the time for everything anymore.

Also partway through they mention that this was actually recorded like a month ago, so

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Some guy in the replies of this did a food crime.

https://twitter.com/DeliciousRick/status/1002650718174670849

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

ALFbrot posted:

iajwife?

So the takeaway is that your username is not, say, I.A. Janus, but instead I, AJ Anus

That's been the general consensus for the last decade :v:

iajanus fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 4, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Charlie and Daddy Show, the best McElroy podcast :unsmith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Boy I sure do not miss the whole "Play with me" stuff.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Waffleman_ posted:

Boy I sure do not miss the whole "Play with me" stuff.

I'm indifferent to it, but the best is when Griffin says it to Rachel, as she has clearly heard it probably hundreds of times at this point and does not put up with it.

Especially when he wanted her to play in his space of "I've opened up a shop in my butt" and she was just having none of it until an exasperated question about what it sold.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Last night I watched the VOD of Travis on that D&D Stream of Many Eyes event. It was pretty decent, I'd recommend it if you're into D&D and/or want a little more Magnus in your life. The whole session is about 90 minutes (though Magnus isn't properly introduced to the story until about halfway through) and it does contain some decent goofs. The rest of the group, known as Dice, Camera, Action, are also pretty cool—they're not McElroys by any means, but the DM is competent and clearly has a lot of experience running games, and you can tell the players are very comfortable in their character's skin as well (the cosplay is an A+ from all players involved).

In case you don't plan to check it out, here were some of my highlights:

The conceit for them to meet was funny: the DCA crew goes to a Chair Convention in Neverwinter and, of course, Magnus is there to present his latest work
I correctly predicted that Magnus, on his first roll, would make a big deal about having three attacks, action surging, second winding, etc. to play up how OP his homebrew character and all his weapons are. It got a big laugh, and one of the characters from DCA, a valkyrie-like paladin, was getting all flustered at his combat mastery which was funny. The Flaming, Raging, Poisoning Sword of Doom was a hit for sure.
One of the players animates a piano to fight on her behalf, and it eventually ends up tumbling down a flight up stairs and landing on Magnus, pinning him to the ground. The bard of the group comes over and plays a tune of Bardic Inspiration on the piano so Magnus can be strong enough to lift it off of himself. Nice mental image I thought.
It was clear (at least to me) that the focus of DCA is not necessarily goofs, though the characters were capable of being funny from time to time. But once Magnus hit the scene, the session got a lot funnier and funner to watch as Travis injected some goofs into the game.

Planning on checking out Merle's game with that Australian DM from Dragon Friends today!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

timp posted:

Planning on checking out Merle's game with that Australian DM from Dragon Friends today!

Wait, is Merle playing with all the Dragon Friends?? That might actually own, PLUS their DM is used to wrangling goobers with only the most tenuous grasp on game mechanics and core class abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

timp posted:

Really? I know Dave is in the US right now but I didn't know he was doing this.