Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I fought a Rosalina who waited like 30 seconds to serve every time in the finals and Rosalina is now banned from imp matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
up to 10 tournament wins. time for a break

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ppl in games going "ugh cant wait for the full game where i can turn off all the mechanics and just play tennis". i hate them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

ppl in games going "ugh cant wait for the full game where i can turn off all the mechanics and just play tennis". i hate them

love inviting the m8s over to play some no items mario kart

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Refuse to play Mario Kart until they remove tripping!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I like the people complaining about how it doesn't have certain features like a training mode or doubles. It's a freaking stress test demo.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

come over to my house, where we can play my special version of street fighter with no cheap poo poo like throws and special moves

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok just cause I know it’s gonna come up Smash Bros is more fun with no items. Dont be an rear end in a top hat about this.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

both modes sound appealing to me

some nice relaxing back and forth tennis with wide margins of error sounds good for weekend beer gaming

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Ok just cause I know it’s gonna come up Smash Bros is more fun with no items. Dont be an rear end in a top hat about this.

I like the items

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
casual smash bros is more fun with items

not lovely ones like the windblower though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

isnt that "simple mode" in the demo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i refused to touch that so i dont know

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

i refused to touch that so i dont know

you cant select it, its just saying that its a thing in the full game. i personally cant even imagine giving a gently caress about this game without the new stuff. theres 80000 other mario tennis games for the boring rear end person who wants that

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Favorite items are the Assist Trophy and the Pokeball

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

please tell me what to do about rosalina's lob I'm getting kinda sad

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle posted:

please tell me what to do about rosalina's lob I'm getting kinda sad
Do a charged drop shot to make her come up and then blow a flat shot behind her. Her horizontal trick shot has amazing range but she can't do much about the front/back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I scored so many points off a fully charge drop shot, if you get one of those insane lobs that happen if somebody trick shots with no meter you can charge a drop shot so strong that it lands on the other side of the court and then backspins into the net and is basically unhittable

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

I like the people complaining about how it doesn't have certain features like a training mode or doubles. It's a freaking stress test demo.

Doubles would be useful for a stress test.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

I'll play it with you with no items dude.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
This game feels exactly like N64 Mario Tennis. It’s amazing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The item list in Smash has gotten out of hand since Melee. They're way too strong in Smash 4.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also I downloaded the demo and I'm going to play it when I get home.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Smash bros is the best with no items turned to high spawn rate. They hosed this mode up for newer ones though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Smash Bros is best when you frequently change the item distribution to include things like no items, lots of powerful items, themed item sets, etc. My personal favorite is to have most of the items turned on, with the item drop rate set to low.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They must hate fun.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

This game feels exactly like N64 Mario Tennis. It’s amazing.

Yeah it rules, can't wait to play full version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smash Bros sucks

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

Smash Bros sucks

This. Especially if you play it “seriously” with no items lmao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
My friend since the 80s who has never owned a Nintendo console since the NES just bought a Switch. He went NES>Genesis> PS1> ps2 Xbox 360 and just got a switch

We played Mario kart 8 over the internet together today. Thank you, Nintendo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Smash Bros sucks

It’s mad fun

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Xbox Ambassador”" post="“484690561”"]
This. Especially if you play it “seriously” with no items lmao
[/quote]

Very Games

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the mind games in tennis are really good. I love drop shotting people

and who the gently caress would want to play this without the fun star shots

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

the mind games in tennis are really good. I love drop shotting people

and who the gently caress would want to play this without the fun star shots
They're extremely easy to block if you've got a little bit of charge to put it in slo-mo, and I'm sure with enough time people will get good at blocking them in real time too.

There's something kinda epic about a single rally where you both block multiple skill shots.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Cobalt Viper posted:

They're extremely easy to block if you've got a little bit of charge to put it in slo-mo, and I'm sure with enough time people will get good at blocking them in real time too.

There's something kinda epic about a single rally where you both block multiple skill shots.

it really is epic. I can't get mad when we get a huge rally going and I end up losing when that kind of stuff happens

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
holy poo poo mario tennis is good boys

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rosalina is strong as hell, I couldn't beat her!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Rosalina is strong as hell, I couldn't beat her!

is this tennis or smash bros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

got my first real rage quit but I'm not sure why...we were having a good match with the best/most honorable character

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1003301919761182720