Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Newest episode is :discourse:, I frankly can't get enough of them ripping on libs who insist that the only way to win is to be nicer to conservatives.

Maybe it's the one two punch of mocking these morons followed by descriptions of how vile and nasty right wingers are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh man I can just hear Immolations all giddy listening to that whole segment on Yukio Mishima.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1002954620791074816?s=19

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

As I read that tweet I felt my blood pressure steadily rise

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mods change my name to Holy Wisdom poo poo Balls

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Underappreciated, I think, is if this actually happened, this dude would likely be in his 40s or (probably) older. Imagine being 45 and having that brain.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the shocking next level evolution of Woke Toddler has emerged...

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1003040521831485440?s=19

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Holy Wisdom poo poo Balls. Her clit/brown/taint-area still pOwns my dick

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

is his 82 year old mom a Sassy Black Lady?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
that guy is doing endgame irony and the rest of twitter hasn't caught up yet

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

padijun posted:

that guy is doing endgame irony and the rest of twitter hasn't caught up yet

Type of dude who asks folks to come to protests in a nice shirt and tie because that's the only way "we'll be taken seriously."

smr
Dec 18, 2002

While I'm digging this new episode with PFT Commentator, Virgil skipping it is the least-surprising thing ever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Virgil is the one who barely contributed to an episode because he was watching the Jets on his phone so it actually is a bit surprising

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Yay for the Last Boy Scout reference! :)

But I'm just too mopey this morning thanks to politics. Maybe if they had Adam and Stav to help out with the "making basketball interesting" part.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This episode is not setting my world on fire, exactly, given that I am not American, and not broke-brained enough to be a fan of ridiculous American sports while not being American.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Sulphagnist posted:

This episode is not setting my world on fire, exactly, given that I am not American, and not broke-brained enough to be a fan of ridiculous American sports while not being American.

ok

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Handegg am I right

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
well I'm a brokebrained American and I enjoyed it :colbert: :911:

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Man, Michael Jordan was once reported to have said to muggsy bogues, a very small man, “shoot it you loving midget.” He missed and lost a playoff game because of it. Bogues said it ruined his career. https://deadendsports.com/top-10-stories-of-michael-jordan-being-the-greatest-jerk-of-all-time-6ce50102f83b

Michael Jordan is the most stone cold man in the world. This episode is great.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I liked that episode. It was a nice break from our regular Chapo.

Here's the fight/slam Felix mentioned
https://streamja.com/KGo0

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Felix with baseball will probably go poorly. Maybe he'll get more into Jose Canseco's insanity though.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Is John Rocker on twitter?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

"Don't come for my flyovers :qq:"

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
Really disappointed that they brought on a Barstool Sports guy, which is what PFT Commenter is now, no matter how much he tries to spin that into something other than "The Chive Sports." I mean, c'mon, the gang by proxy booted traffic in this guy's direction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykjlRft4JO4

It's one thing to reject "follow policing," which is incontrovertibly bullshit (it's fine to follow the guy! he's funny!), and it's another thing to spend time boosting the guy even though the platform he generates dollars for absolutely, without question sucks poo poo.

Worst of all is the assertion the guy makes in the Deadspin piece about him where he justifies his presence on Barstool by saying it's one of the funniest collectives of writers online. Most blatant lie any Chapo guest has ever made in print to date.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

what the gently caress is barstool sports

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

is jon bois microphone shy or what? I know he is pals with Felix and would've been a more interesting guest

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

My guess is PissPigGranddad hosed with "i'm with hillary bloggers" or something.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 5, 2018

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

TetsuoTW posted:

ok

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TetsuoTW posted:

deadspin for reason magazine readers

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Unsubscribed because the lads sat down with a guy whose employer also hires a guy who ate pizza with Tucker Carlson on YouTube once

Inexcusable behaviour from so-called "leftists"

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Bryter posted:

Unsubscribed because the lads sat down with a guy whose employer also hires a guy who ate pizza with Tucker Carlson on YouTube once

Inexcusable behaviour from so-called "leftists"

That's the editor/founder/writer, probably one of their next top online personalities, too. PFT's employer didn't hire that guy - that guy is his employer. If Chapo brought on some guy from IJR Blue and suddenly softshoed listeners around Alex Skatell and Buzzfeed Benny, it'd be roughly equivalent.

Obviously "I've unsubscribed" isn't what I'm saying but there's basically no good reason to bring the guy on over other, smarter sports writers who have actual politics or insights to speak of. Not like there's any shortage of them on Twitter, and at least, like, Dave Zirin might have something insightful to say about the anthem, or the use of jet planes in games, or about the tendency of owners to treat public coffers as a private piggy bank, or any number of things where you could connect sports to real politics instead of, say, Barstool's approach, which is a website where guys aren't really political and they're just saying things that are funny and they're trying to be intentionally not PC (their words, not mine). If that approach sounds familiar, it's because Chapo has critiqued a number of people and institutions who've claimed the same stuff in order to try and wriggle out of the responsibilities of the politics they espouse. People complained in this thread about David Cross and Patton Oswalt showing up and being kind of normie-grade lib guys, but to me this is way more of an abdication of the Chapo line on a lot of things.

Besides, other actually semi-/quasi-controversial guests, like Angela Nagle, have at least had a book or some ideas or something. PFT got audibly pissy about the idea that the NFL's shitshow management has led to poor ratings because his ESPN deal got spiked after network bean counters ran a cost-benefit analysis on the 88,000 viewers he brought in vs. having to deal with the poo poo Barstool tends to stir up. That's all pretty lame to have to hear in order to get to some middling jokes about sports team owners that anyone with a passing familiarity with those guys could make.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Why are you mad I haven't heard of some fuckin website that seems to make you inordinately manager-cally

The Muppets On PCP posted:

deadspin for reason magazine readers
oh lol

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
Anyway I'm not saying they're cancelled or whatever! I'm saying this guest was a questionable choice and the episode didn't really justify it, making it a bad choice!

incoherent posted:

"Don't come for my flyovers :qq:"

ya basically

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

whats next, chapo hanging out with some dude who is on Fox News late nite???

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

whats next, chapo hanging out with some dude who is on Fox News late nite???

maybe they'll start appearing on wrongthink media like RT and Israeli stuff

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

If Russia Today or Israel24 had a few correspondents gloating about Peter Thiel/Hulk Hogan's lawsuit against Gawker, then yeah it would be kind of a comparable comparison. I kinda see PTFCommenter as a sports-centred equivalent of GetFiscal tho.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 5, 2018

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

JohnnyC posted:

semi-/quasi-controversial guests, like Angela Nagle

Why do you hate women?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Biomute posted:

Why do you hate women?

Do you want the list alphabetical or chronological

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

I liked that episode. It was a nice break from our regular Chapo.

Here's the fight/slam Felix mentioned
https://streamja.com/KGo0

Gave himself the old Canadian Destroyer.