Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Whoops I meant to say post, not poster. My bad.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I'm not a fan of this line of comedy

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To change the subject, FLCL Progressive starts tonight! Early impressions from when they did a premiere at Momocon last week seem positive.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

pick hasnt posted about how you should beat your children so they dont get autism yet so we really havent

Downside though is we have no fart stories thread.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Let's all just take it....easy....!!:sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I don't think I liked this episode of Amanchu very much, and I can see why some people might give up on it. But it does have the smuggest cat ever.

Look at this motherfucker.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The most cat-looking cat in all of Amanchu.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
it doesn't have a butt for a head

hosed up

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kozue Amano has very strange ideas of what cats are about.

This isn't a bad thing or anything, I'm just sayin'.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

I don't think I liked this episode of Amanchu very much, and I can see why some people might give up on it. But it does have the smuggest cat ever.

spoil the episode for me

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

spoil the episode for me

there's a cat in it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
dont meme me or ill download the latest ep of amanchu and watch it

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

:wrong:
it actually has three

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A dick is destroyed in GGO.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tonight's episode of NyaNyaNya no Nekomusume was very funny

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FLCL 2 is off to a good start.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Another week of Hinamatsuri: A Swing and a Hit.

This show still okay.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

FLCL 2 is off to a good start.

If that was almost any other show, I'd say it was a pretty oddball opener.

As it's FLCL we're talking, it was shockingly slow paced and grounded.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

There's no way that's a cat.

This is a cat:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good cats

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

chiasaur11 posted:

If that was almost any other show, I'd say it was a pretty oddball opener.

As it's FLCL we're talking, it was shockingly slow paced and grounded.

Sounds the same as FLCL Alternative's first episode, which I thought was pretty boring, including the fight scene at the end. I dunno how well that episode went over here. I just don't think the budget exists anywhere anymore to make a show as frenetic as FLCL.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a show as frenetic as flcl exists and its called hugtto precure

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The second original euphonium movie is releasing spring 2019, which should mean like fall or winter that year to be watchable here in some form.

https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1003262664548724736?s=19

Motto fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 3, 2018

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/potipoti93/status/1003236177544077312

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Endorph posted:

a show as frenetic as flcl exists and its called hugtto precure

i keep hearing this so i guess i have to watch it even though i have no real interest in precure.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Paper Triangle posted:

Sounds the same as FLCL Alternative's first episode, which I thought was pretty boring, including the fight scene at the end. I dunno how well that episode went over here. I just don't think the budget exists anywhere anymore to make a show as frenetic as FLCL.

what the hell does budget have to do with a series having different staff right down to not having the guy responsible for the craziest parts of flcl

the vague concept of "budget" here wasn't what made flcl as crazy as it was, it was the team of animators behind it. flcl2 and 3 don't have that team so naturally they're gonna feel and probably be going for different things. if all you want is crazy action on flcl's level, that is stuff that still gets made

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
FLCL was an OVA, so it had way more production time than the any broadcast anime. Even so, in terms of frenetic action I'd say the Barbatos vs. Hashmal fight from Iron-Blooded Orphans is at least the equal of any action scene from FLCL

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean FLCL 2 and 3 have been announced for two whole years, so i'm assuming there's a pretty healthy production schedule for them as well, even if they aren't taking month breaks between airing episodes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

dogsicle posted:

i mean FLCL 2 and 3 have been announced for two whole years, so i'm assuming there's a pretty healthy production schedule for them as well, even if they aren't taking month breaks between airing episodes.

Well, considering that the first episode of Progressive wasn't complete in time for April Fool's kinda points to a more traditional schedule.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, considering that the first episode of Progressive wasn't complete in time for April Fool's kinda points to a more traditional schedule.

i suppose IG has been busy with lots of projects in the meantime, so that makes sense.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And also just because you've announced a series doesn't mean it's started production. There was probably a lengthy pre-pro period.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just started on this season because of reasons. What the gently caress happened with the Fist of the North Star prequel. Its like watching a PS2 game. holy poo poo.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I was happier with FLCL Progressive's opener than I was with Alternative's.

FLCL:Prog felt more like FLCL. That may be part of the point because comparing the two they seem to be doing very different stories with different emotional focuses.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
If nobody beats me to it I'll make a thread or FLCL Tomorrow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, we've already got the Toonami thread, but I guess a separate Progressive thread would be nice for people who don't wanna get bogged down with the other shows.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It'd also allow for more discussion of the two seasons in between each other and after they're finished. Also no offense, but the tone of posters in the Toonami thread can steer away people, and it's nice to just have a single thread where anybody can talk about all things FLCL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, we've already got the Toonami thread, but I guess a separate Progressive thread would be nice for people who don't wanna get bogged down with the other shows.

Toonami thread kinda just turns into a TVIV livethread most of the time so I'd like a dedicated thread to talk about just FLCL in general.

• Locked thread