Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If it's Mt. Arreat then they're obligated to release Baal with it.

Like I'm super surprised that the game has been out three years and we still don't have the other two Prime Evils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Liadrin is a fan favorite in the wow community but i doubt she would represent Ret paladin before Tirion with ashbringer showed up.

Not that this is my preference or anything but I’d base this more on character recognition than the vocal majority. Ashbringer Tirion will sell more t-shirts than leader of horde blood knights.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Okay, what if it's Arreat and the D2 Paladin? I hope they keep the trend of the D2 heroes being older than their successors going. I want a Morgan Freeman-looking motherfucker to smite some evil.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:tinfoil:

If this is legit:

Yrel
An Orc skin for Johanna
A Goblin skin for Junkrat?
A spirit healer skin for Auriel??

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Why would you make the boss some stone giant instead of Korrak. Why.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
This isn't the first time the brazilians have leaked something big, right? Is this being done on purpose? I'm not trying to mouth of against brazilians, just wondering

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I imagine poo poo gets lost in translation constantly and that it makes it to the public so rarely is the real surprise.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
This game does not need any draenei in it, and especially not that one.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shadowlyger posted:

This game does not need any draenei in it, and especially not that one.

I don't think your gimmick works as well outside of the WoW subforum

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

nice :brrring:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I always kind of liked Draenei in wow, nobody really played them much because they looked kind of weird and were just wedged into the game's story out of nowhere, but i thought they were cool and mained the illogical combo of female draenei death knight (with horns!)

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I don't think your gimmick works as well outside of the WoW subforum

That's not part of the gimmick, friendo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
What's weird about skinny blue minotaurs????

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I want the weird hosed up WC3 draenai with baleen teeth

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Would've been hilarious to have those come in BC instead of what did.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

fool_of_sound posted:

What's weird about skinny blue minotaurs????

Dranei were introduced in WC3 as really dumpy-looking crappos with bad teeth. When WoW made them a playable race, it said "oh, those are lovely mutants. Real Draenei are handsome and buff paladin types." They also went from being natives of Draenor alongside the orcs to being aliens exiled from the demon homeworld because they wouldn't drink the Demonade. So it's not that they're weird, it's that they are one of the biggest retcons around.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

It's not even that. It's that all draenei, including broken, are poo poo. Even moreso now that the truth is unveiled that they are religious crusaders who want everyone to kneel to the Light.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
^
at least they're not High Elves

WITCHCRAFT posted:

that's a good opinion

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Shadowlyger posted:

He's still a priest.

He's a Priest that wears plate armor and uses a sword, while keep in mind Priests are famous for being the only (?) class Incapable of actually using swords.

Still totally a Priest yessir.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 3, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Orange Crush Rush posted:

He's a Priest that wears plate armor and uses a sword, while keep in mind Priests are famous for being the only (?) Incapable of actually using swords.

Still totally a Priest yessir.

Gameplay isn't lore.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I know but it's still pretty funny that he's Totally Not a Paladin, while he runs around in Full Plate with a Two Handed Sword and Light Powers.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
I hope if they really want to push that narrative, there's a skin for Anduin that's him in the BfA cinematic armor that makes his auto attack using the sword. Only he attacks incredibly slowly because he doesn't know how to use it, and it does the same pitiful mage-style AA damage as you'd expect from Anduin. Sweeten it with audip design - have Anduin visibly struggling to swing it, it doesn't make much of an oomph of a sound, and he complains at you for making him use his melee attack - ala Abathur or Cain.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I know but it's still pretty funny that he's Totally Not a Paladin, while he runs around in Full Plate with a Two Handed Sword and Light Powers.

At some point, somebody is gonna smack him and go "What, you think you can just slap on a set of plate armor and call yourself a paladin? Get outta here."

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

NameHurtBrain posted:

I hope if they really want to push that narrative, there's a skin for Anduin that's him in the BfA cinematic armor that makes his auto attack using the sword. Only he attacks incredibly slowly because he doesn't know how to use it, and it does the same pitiful mage-style AA damage as you'd expect from Anduin. Sweeten it with audip design - have Anduin visibly struggling to swing it, it doesn't make much of an oomph of a sound, and he complains at you for making him use his melee attack - ala Abathur or Cain.

When Varian is on his team, have him say something like "So, never got around to those sword lessons huh?"

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

If Anduin isn't already a shoe-in for this year (he is) then he sure is now with this Yrel reveal. Assuming they wanted to increase the racial diversity of their WoW heroes then Velen is the game's only other big name draenei but he is also a priest, and there's no way they're releasing two WoW priest heroes close to each other. You heard it here first.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I would like them to use the WoW Priest I rolled: Sean.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

:tinfoil:

If this is legit:

Yrel
An Orc skin for Johanna
A spirit healer skin for Auriel??

Horde Bias!!!!!!!!

I’m actually excited and this looks like an awesome patch

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I can't believe some of you are forgetting about Akama as another playable Dra...Drean...D... space goat on the same page where people are talking about the space goat retcon.
He's been in two games even.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

WoW has godawful character design anyway, I just hope the new hero will be fun to play.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Gonna kill myself if Nazeebo doesn't get an actual decent new skin soon. The fact he didn't get a sweet day of the dead looking one for this most recent event is a tragedy.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Best not looking at the Nexomania portraits then.

There is a cartoonish one for Nazeebo, I think that's the only one that does not belong to an actual skin.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Ya it’s bizarre that Nazeebo and Xul didn’t get day of the dead skins

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Lunara and Sonya don't even particularly make sense with that theme, they're not Mexican. Diablo has a Spanish name at least, and Kharazim is a boxer I guess. E.T.C. also has nothing to do with Mexico and his skin doesn't even look very distinctive compared to the ton of poo poo he already had.

Should have been Mariachi vikings, DotD Nazbo, Xul and Malthael with Grim Fandango faces.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think people are more into the idea of seeing Ashbringer in HOTS than stinky dead ol' Tirion. So here's my compromise:

Give Yrel Ashbringer!

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Give Yrel Ashbringer!

100% this please.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I think people are more into the idea of seeing Ashbringer in HOTS than stinky dead ol' Tirion. So here's my compromise:

Give Yrel Ashbringer!

M Bison: YES! YES!

Not only because it would be cool but it will piss off so many nerds.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Macaluso posted:

Give Yrel Ashbringer!

Yeah I wanna see the tears that would result from this.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I played some wow back in the day and know what Ashbringer looks like but why is it such a big deal?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Because nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

More like assbringer