Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's from Hyrule Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

ah,

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got so into playing OoT that I forgot to eat anything until like 3:30

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been taking my time with HW and just now unlocked the Ganondorf part of the story mode and HOLY poo poo does he feel powerful to use. I'm sure it gets harder as it goes on, but absolutely destroying everyone for a map was fun as heck.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cobalt Viper posted:

I've been taking my time with HW and just now unlocked the Ganondorf part of the story mode and HOLY poo poo does he feel powerful to use. I'm sure it gets harder as it goes on, but absolutely destroying everyone for a map was fun as heck.
The final Ganondorf map in the main storyline is nuts, he's so fun to use.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cobalt Viper posted:

His other weapon set is even more insane believe it or not . Definitely worth beelining for in adventure mode

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
been playing vanquish again

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Think I'll actually play Morrowind tonight.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

have you tried live a live? there arent any other games like it and it pwns, its a series of vignette stories set in different genres with gameplay matching the genre. like the modern fighting story is set up lke sf2s arcade mode or the space one is set up like a horror game

no but this sounds epic, i started on brain lord so this can be next

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Think I'll actually play Morrowind tonight.

gonna stream it?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

gonna stream it?

I don't game when I'm not streaming unless I'm taking a poo poo.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yakuza 6 now . Is hard mode more fun than normal if I never played these game before ? I'm like 5 minutes in and the direction of the cutscenes is so bad rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

normal is better bc the less time you have to spend in combat the better

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Played some Wario Land 2 and now I am going to beat Wario Blast.

Feelin’ Kinda Wario

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Replaying Unlimited Saga. Someday I'll have all the characters finished...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

normal is better bc the less time you have to spend in combat the better

Didn't you just play like the first PS2 game lol? I'm sure it's gotten better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Didn't you just play like the first PS2 game lol? I'm sure it's gotten better

The first two and I'm sure it has but that's not necessarily a burn, the best part of yakuza games is hanging out in Tokyo talking to homeless guys and scumbags

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The first two and I'm sure it has but that's not necessarily a burn, the best part of yakuza games is hanging out in Tokyo talking to homeless guys and scumbags

Yeah I can't really tell yet lol it's been like easily an hour of cutscenes so far. Some of the best cutscenes I've ever seen tho

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The cutscene direction in Yakuza games is top-notch.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

goferchan posted:

Yakuza 6 now . Is hard mode more fun than normal if I never played these game before ? I'm like 5 minutes in and the direction of the cutscenes is so bad rear end

I haven’t played any of the Yakuza games on hard tbh. But on normal a lot of the bosses are a pain to fight. They’re very spongy, they can block almost everything and they have bullshit moves that stun you or knock you down, and 6 is no exception. I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re not a master of the combat system

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

that said 6 is probably the best one in that regard. I haven't finished it yet, so idk about the later bosses, but the ones so far haven't made me want to pull my hair out yet like some of the other games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It looks like there's an NG+ with a special unlockable difficulty mode so I'll just play normal now and then do that if I really want more Y6. I'm already loling at being able to reply to texts from the tutorial bot with LINE stickers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've had trouble tracking down earlier Yakuza games, but I have Yakuza 4 downloading on my PS3 right now. I'm planning to play that, then 5, then do 0 and Kiwami before I do 6. People who have played, does that order make any sense?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've had trouble tracking down earlier Yakuza games, but I have Yakuza 4 downloading on my PS3 right now. I'm planning to play that, then 5, then do 0 and Kiwami before I do 6. People who have played, does that order make any sense?

I haven't played but just know that they've announced Kiwami-style remakes of 2 and 3 , god knows how long that will be. I assume they'll be in the Y6 engine too which is apparently an improvement over 0/Kiwami

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
theyre only doing a kiwami remake for 2. they announced theyre bringing 3 4 and 5 to ps4 but theyre not remakes

also even if your gonna skip some along the way just start at 0 and work your way through what you have in order

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I played 5 -> 0 -> Kiwami -> 4 -> 6

i didn't make much sense of the story in 5, so playing 0 and Kiwami first are probably better. but they make going back to the ps3 games hard since they play so much better.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
played some quake 1 and finished DOPA, a map pack made by Machinegames

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Didn't really do much, this weekend. Played a few games of Dominion on Friday night, as well as a bunch of R6: Siege over the weekend.
(My dad actually got a copy of R6:S during the recent sale, so he just started playing as well. Didn't do too badly! More kills than deaths, including winning a 1v1 match point round)

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Major Isoor posted:

Didn't really do much, this weekend. Played a few games of Dominion on Friday night, as well as a bunch of R6: Siege over the weekend.
(My dad actually got a copy of R6:S during the recent sale, so he just started playing as well. Didn't do too badly! More kills than deaths, including winning a 1v1 match point round)

That’s badass

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

still making good progress through Unlimited Saga

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

corn in the bible posted:

still making good progress through Unlimited Saga

One of the coolest most misunderstood games ever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

One of the coolest most misunderstood games ever

for sure. though kurt's gimmick is kind of tiresome

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Baxate posted:

that said 6 is probably the best one in that regard. I haven't finished it yet, so idk about the later bosses, but the ones so far haven't made me want to pull my hair out yet like some of the other games

The last boss and one of the other later bosses were really annoying in the typical yakuza way.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's tuesday

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

it's tuesday

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Football, Tactics & Glory is a weird little turn based SRPG where you run a small time soccer team and build them up over many seasons. Oddly fun despite my awful ability. Probably do a buncha that this weekend.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Battletech, time for robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

thinking about playing dark souls for the first time