Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I did the traditional color scheme on my shadespire dudes but went with a more aged, dark metal as the base and stayed in redder tones than the GW golds. I quite liked them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

bonds0097 posted:

I did the traditional color scheme on my shadespire dudes but went with a more aged, dark metal as the base and stayed in redder tones than the GW golds. I quite liked them.

These are so crisp and attractive. How do the GW house the males theirs look bad.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The problem is GW's don't look gold, they look yellow.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It's that awful retributor armour paint I think. It's loving gross.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, Scalecolor's gold colors are so great and run a good spectrum from basically shiny brown all the way to yellow so you can get some really good depth and variation.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

bonds0097 posted:

Those are nice. What gold paint is that?

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Balthasar Gold is much less yellow and more gold-bronze. Doesn’t seem to get used that much any more though.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

It's that awful retributor armour paint I think. It's loving gross.

I really like it with a heavy wash of either Nuln oil or Reikland Fleshshade. It also looks pretty decent from the spray can but something about the finish of the stuff from the pot does just seem off. I've been really liking the Heavy Metal I got from Scalecolor and will probably be switching to them for metallics in the near future, if not everything.

Zark the Damned posted:

All gold could work, the problem is that the GW golds are very bright and yellowy which doesn't work so well all over. If they had more contrast it'd work better.

I painted by Stormcasts with gunmetal armour shaded with purple, and black shoulders and shields. Gold was used on the face masks as a contrast. Seemed to work out alright.

(square bases because I use them in KOW as large infantry)

This is incredibly rad and I think I may actually use a modification of this for my own scheme assuming you aren't bothered by me doing so. I'm really happy with the Scalecolor Heavy Metal washed with Nuln Oil for my base coat but the gold trim I was going to use hasn't' quite been doing it for me. The black with the gold helmet looks amazing though

Pendent fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 3, 2018

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pendent posted:

This is incredibly rad and I think I may actually use a modification of this for my own scheme assuming you aren't bothered by me doing so.

Cheers! Feel free to copy the scheme, just post pics when you're done :)

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

All gold could work, the problem is that the GW golds are very bright and yellowy which doesn't work so well all over. If they had more contrast it'd work better.

I painted by Stormcasts with gunmetal armour shaded with purple, and black shoulders and shields. Gold was used on the face masks as a contrast. Seemed to work out alright.

(square bases because I use them in KOW as large infantry)

that's fantastic

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/whaos_gold/status/1003257246841692162

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Took my Phish Aelves for a spin today vs Seraphon. MVP to the goddamn shark eating everything I pointed it at, Saurus, Slaan, a friggin' Carnosaur. Gonna reward him with a lick of paint for eating all the imaginary dinosaurs. Nemarti Thralls continue to be shockingly good for line infantry as well, gonna test both Eidolon variants next week.

Such a happy little fella.

This is a no anime zone friendo :colbert:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I think you meant this thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3660745&perpage=40&pagenumber=304#pti19

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/03/3rd-june-rules-preview-measuring-and-piling-ingw-homepage-post-2/

base to base measuring is official, plus piling in changes

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ElNarez posted:

base to base measuring is official

'that thing everyone did anyway, we're making it official'

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
To confirm with the piling in changes - you’re now pinned to the same model. Eg you can’t end your piling in move at the same distance as you were at the start, but to a different model in the enemy unit?

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Grots
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/03/3rd-june-faction-focus-grotsgw-homepage-post-3/

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Milotic posted:

To confirm with the piling in changes - you’re now pinned to the same model. Eg you can’t end your piling in move at the same distance as you were at the start, but to a different model in the enemy unit?

You've always been pinned to the same model, the change now just makes it so you don't have to move closer. "...now, you can pile in even if you’re right next to someone – provided you don’t move any further away from the nearest enemy model". You're tied to the model you're closest to but you can dance around it while not moving further away.

This is like the base-to-base change. Everyone did it already and just said "I moved a fraction of a millimeter closer". This just makes it so you can be touching bases and do it still.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Yeah, sounds good like it just reduces sloppy play without really hurting anything.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Did the spiderfang grots formation scroll get deleted? I can't find it, and I don't know what that means.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm doing my SCE in silver, with dark red and gold details. It looks very Roman.

I'm doing this too. A splash of purple also helps. I got a Start Collecting box recently and might use the easy build Paladins to test some schemes.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

moths posted:

Did the spiderfang grots formation scroll get deleted? I can't find it, and I don't know what that means.

It was rendered unusable in the last General's Handbook, where they did not include a points value for it. The battalion also referenced unit names that no longer exist ("Goblins" instead of "Grots" etc) since they trimmed the compendiums at the same time. They might just now be getting around to just removing it entirely.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

berzerkmonkey posted:

Those are nice. What gold paint is that?

It's scalecolor Viking Gold base w/ sprayed shade of Decayed Metal, sprayed highlight of Dwarven Gold, recess wash of sepia and then an edge highlight of Speed Metal mixed with Dwarven Gold.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Warhammer Community’s Diarmuid is a fanatical collector of grots, having been inspired in Malign Portents to start a collection themed around Shyish, with all his Moonclan Grots dressed as ghosts. We managed to grab Diarmuid to discuss his top tips for your Grot army.

How dare they post that with no pictures of his army to go with it.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Got another game of Sigmar in today, Nighthaunts vs Daemons of Nurgle. The Nurgle player was just using the Daemons from his 40k army and didnt have any of the alliance or factions special rules and just used the stat cards from the gw shop pages. Even without special rules I had a lot of trouble putting enough wounds on his piles and piles of nurglings and plague bearers but I eventually won out when all my dice started blowing up into 6s for two battle phases.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Warhammer Community’s Diarmuid is a fanatical collector of grots, having been inspired in Malign Portents to start a collection themed around Shyish, with all his Moonclan Grots dressed as ghosts. We managed to grab Diarmuid to discuss his top tips for your Grot army.

How dare they post that with no pictures of his army to go with it.

So, uh, are the night goblin robes painted white? That might appear... unfortunate, heh

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Nebalebadingdong posted:

So, uh, are the night goblin robes painted white? That might appear... unfortunate, heh

The Stormfront Eternals approve.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Really, really hoping they mean the way the studio paints the Nighthaunt dudes with the greenish tinted robes, but this hobby is cursed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the souls of the free people are still chained by the Old World's gravity

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

The Green Grots Gklan

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
As someone who has bitched and moaned about Prosecutors in the past, now I have to build a new set of them. So obviously I don't know jack about how to use them. What's the best loadout - spears or cc weapons? I can finagle two Greatswords from what's in the box to make a six-man unit but my math says the Greataxe is better on average.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Can't wait to buy these roaming spells for 20 bux each.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Metal as gently caress

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

SteelMentor posted:

Metal as gently caress

I'm getting flashbacks of Sen's Fortress.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

Metal as gently caress

Penumbral Pendulum? (or whatever the new nounverb bloodname they come up with)

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Aethervoid Pendulum.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zark the Damned posted:

Venathor’s Voidal Vacuum. It does extra mortal wounds to cavalry mounted on wolves.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Injuryprone posted:

Apparently we get like 13 of them in a box. Current rumor is same price as a Start Collecting.

Also that Pendelum is in the Bonespitters focus https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/04/4th-june-faction-focus-bonesplitterzgw-homepage-post-3/

It appears unlike the rest this one only moves in a straight line.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

God bless starter sets. Just got 3 Vanguard-Raptors for £12 and a Lord-Celestant on Dracoth for £17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Injuryprone posted:

That cheap huh?

• Locked thread