Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Captain Oblivious posted:

What was our final prestige total? It seemed like we did pretty well for ourselves there.

Also man I feel like Franco-England should not be a stable beast. That English territory of theirs should be a nationalism powderkeg.

Prestige total was around 200, I think, so yeah we definitely did well for ourselves on that front.

Nationalism will be a thing in vic2, so we'll see how that goes. I'll probably have an event early on for France to form the 'Dual Monarchy' as an actual thing, and if that survives beyond a certain date I'll probably give them English as an accepted culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The only country to invade both Morocco and Qattalun. I like it. We did pretty drat well for ourselves.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Man I hope we can get all of Iberia in the negotiations. Or at least the parts that Tirruni still held and cores on the parts Morocco holds.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

So, how did our poster-Majlis generals do? Was Ibn Cyrah at the Battle of Iberia?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Ralepozozaxe posted:

All we had to do to stop Tirunni was the age old Andalusian trick of cutting off his nuts without prior warning.

By the way, that Fall of Narbuna event could've gone a couple other ways:

-If France captured Narbuna first, they probably would have exiled Tirruni to an island (I was leaning towards Mann, for some reason). He would be allowed to keep the title of Emperor and rule over his island independently, making it a playable country in vic2.
-If Morocco captured Narbuna, then Tirruni would have been carted back to Fes. Like Napoleon in OTL, he would've tried to commit suicide, with a 50/50 chance of succeeding. If he succeeded, then he's dead and that's that. If he failed, he would've arrived at Fes, where there's a 75% chance that he would have been executed, and 25% chance of being exiled.
-If Hannover or Russia somehow reached Narbuna first, then he would probably be exiled, but there's a small chance that Russia would try and turn him into a puppet. Not likely, but they would try and keep him alive and use him against Morocco.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Honestly, this worked out better than expected!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm hoping Russia will be our OTL Castlereagh and try to maneuver for a healthy Al-Andalus as a counterweight to their rivals :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We're going to have to make friends with the Fre heaves withe the Fr heaves with the Fren :barf:

ugh

We're going to have to make friends with the French.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Almoravids are gonna try to annex Qattalun, aren't they

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

So, how did our poster-Majlis generals do? Was Ibn Cyrah at the Battle of Iberia?

The 3 'main' commanders to see action under Zulfiqar were Cyrah ibn Cyrah, Uthman al-Houd and Ibn Bibil:
-Cyrah ibn Cyrah was used throughout the game, and even though he never independently led an entire army, he proved himself very useful and eventually became one of Zulfiqar's second-in-commands.
-Uthman al-Houd did very well early on, but after one disastrous battle he was relieved from command by Zulfiqar, who pinned all the blame on him. He was cycled back into the army as a flank commander later on though, and managed to regain some his lost favour towards the end there.
-Ibn Bibil also never really led an army, but he was a commander under Zulfiqar for most of the game, so he did pretty well too.

I can't remember what happened to all the other commanders, so if anyone wants to know how their dude did, just let me know and I'll check. These were our major army commanders and garrison leaders in 1833 (so it's bit outdated):

This is also outdated (it's from 1832), but this was our most successful brigade at that point in time:

It had captured eight enemy flags by the end of the game, a decent amount.

And this was our most successful brigade during the Moroccan campaign (before getting wiped out, obviously, along with all their commanders):

We had a brigade that captured twelve flags from enemy armies, but it got wiped out towards the end of the war. I'm just gonna pretend it was willingly dissolved by Zulfiqar though, as a reward for their victories or something.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 3, 2018

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
We... survived? And have at least a little bit of pull at these negotiations? Now that's a twist.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Hashim posted:

By the way, that Fall of Narbuna event could've gone a couple other ways:

-If France captured Narbuna first, they probably would have exiled Tirruni to an island (I was leaning towards Mann, for some reason). He would be allowed to keep the title of Emperor and rule over his island independently, making it a playable country in vic2.

We missed out on a good timeline. Here's to hoping a crazy guy takes over Mann and proclaims himself "Emperor of all Mann", with everyone around letting him do what he does.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Pakled posted:

The Almoravids are gonna try to annex Qattalun, aren't they

If they wanna start vic2 with 30 infamy and piss off the whole world, I guess (nah, they probably won't try and annex the entirety of Catalonia).

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Way to go! That got downright tense at times despite the peculiarities of March of the Eagles' AI, congrats!

Morocco will probably want to establish a vice-royalty in Catalunya and France will want likewise for Occitania. Italy is a more controversial case because the Christian powers wouldn't want to hand that out to Palermo or a puppet state of the Almoravids, and it doesn't have close cultural ties or are the natural sphere of any given powers. I expect a sovereign state being pushed from several sides.

I also imagine that Morocco, Russia, France and Hannover are going to make it as Great Powers. I don't see the Celts (specially after losing England and their colonies) or the others states making the cut given their defeats or their levels of devastation. Maybe Scandinavia despite their no show in the victory screen?

Depending on how Hashim treats the unciv/civ divide, Mongolia and Japan could be candidates for GP's if he ignores their awful tech at the end of EU4. The latter did make it to the GP list at the end of EU4, at least.

As for Gharbia, Ibriz is a given as the USA analog. New England is also sitting over some prime natural resources and both it and the Celtic colonies have probably received a lot of immigration, specially during the Tirruni wars. Same could be said for Morocco's Imjir if they manage to stand on their feet at the end of their revolutionary wars, so Gharbia could end up with three GP's competing for it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I want to give a shout-out to Greece for punching waaaaaay above their weight. I hope they enter Vicky with some well-deserved prestige and territory.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

QuoProQuid posted:

I want to give a shout-out to Greece for punching waaaaaay above their weight. I hope they enter Vicky with some well-deserved prestige and territory.

Oh yeah, I can totally see Russia and Morocco setting the good vibes from the victory aside over the fate of the Peloponnese.

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ZearothK posted:

Morocco will probably want to establish a vice-royalty in Catalunya and France will want likewise for Occitania. Italy is a more controversial case because the Christian powers wouldn't want to hand that out to Palermo or a puppet state of the Almoravids, and it doesn't have close cultural ties or are the natural sphere of any given powers. I expect a sovereign state being pushed from several sides.

Wasn't much of Northern Italy territory of Bavaria only a few decades ago? I imagine they'd at least make a claim to getting that back, even if it's severely devastated and depopulated.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

crimea posted:

Wasn't much of Northern Italy territory of Bavaria only a few decades ago? I imagine they'd at least make a claim to getting that back, even if it's severely devastated and depopulated.

Bavaria is going to going into the peace talks, leave having lost something, then be convinced to come back in only to lose more.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Yeah, Bavaria will be able to press their claims during the Congress and maybe get some cores on that land, depending on how aggressive the AI decides to be.

On that subject, I'm still working out the details for the Congress, but I will say that the 'major' powers in these peace talks will be Morocco, Hannover and Russia - each will have two votes in every issue. The 'minor' powers will be France-England, Al Andalus, Bavaria, Hungary, Armenia, Egypt - each will have one vote in every issue.

I might bump France-England up, since they're definitely going to be a great power in vic2, but they're also the outsider in terms of the Almoravid Coalition, so we'll see.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 3, 2018

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Great run through MotE!

What would've happened if Andalus had been the first to Tirruni's capital?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Great run through MotE!

I wonder about this too. We were about to assault the capital with Tirruni probably unable to stop its fall, so I imagine whatever happened isn't nearly as good as simply annexing most of the rest of Iberia for free.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
:stare: I can't believe we did it.

This wasn't a joke post, was it? :ohdear:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The scariest part about that update is that I'm not even sure Tirruni loses if we didn't backstab him and kill a bunch of his soldiers.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Hashim posted:

I might bump France-England up, since they're definitely going to be a great power in vic2, but they're also the outsider in terms of the Almoravid Coalition, so we'll see.

I could see it starting with them having one, but they have ways to get a second one that could hurt their relations with the others in the Congress.

Also, looks like I got shuffled to Seville at some point. Guess this war worked out for me, I didn't lose a limb or anything.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

An event would have fire were we would somehow be convinced become his puppet and rejoin the war on his side.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I think this world's Springtime of the Peoples/Year of Revolution in Vicky is going to be real fun.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Great run through MotE!

We would have gotten an event with basically all of the options. I just didn't go through with it because it was a bad time to end the update and hold a vote, and I genuinely had no clue which option to go for alone. So I just left it to the RNG gods.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
So in the actual Congress of Vienna negotiations, balance of power concerns meant keeping France intact with no real interest in dismembering it, but checking it with strong other states on its borders, especially by giving the Rhineland to Prussia and uniting the Benelux into the Netherlands to stop it from invading its old Low Countries stomping grounds. But that was a country that had existed as a monarchy for centuries, which isn't really the case here since iirc Tirruni's empire just emerged from Catalonia becoming independent when Al Andalus collapsed in the mid-18th century.

So what would the European balance of power look like in this scenario? I could see other powers insisting on keeping some kind of Tirruni rump state around, to prevent either Morocco or Frangland from benefiting too much from handing over Catalonia or Occitania.

One way this could go: A state continues to exist in Catalonia-Occitania, but is handed over to some local monarch related to whoever last ruled there before the revolutionary Catalans came to power. Al-Andalus is strengthened somewhat (probably by legitimizing its gains in the former Iberian Kingdom) as a buffer to the south. Frangland acts as a buffer to the north. Italy would be the real question here. I could see Hannover or Bavaria expanding into northern Italy as a check on ex-Tirruni power, like Austria did in real life, but I could also see Italy being more or less unified into a buffer state the way the Netherlands was, maybe under Palermo's Jizrunids. This would also allow Morocco to be compensated with territorial expansion in the Mediterranean, maybe by taking over the various islands like the Baleares, Corsica, Sardinia, and Sicily.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

I can't remember what happened to all the other commanders, so if anyone wants to know how their dude did, just let me know and I'll check. These were our major army commanders and garrison leaders in 1833 (so it's bit outdated):

How did al-Astifadat al-Qutili do? Was he able to prove himself?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Hashim posted:

And this was our most successful brigade during the Moroccan campaign (before getting wiped out, obviously, along with all their commanders):

drat, at least we went down fighting. :gbsmith:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

On the one hand, it may be a lot of work just to retain all the gains Andalus made in the last 15 years, but on the other hand, toward the "natural order" end of things, the Iberian peninsula was totally united 50 years ago. By all rights Aragon should just re-join the fold, especially if France tries to undo the last 50 years as well by taking back all of Occitania.

Past tradition for putting down Andalusian expansionism has been releasing christian kingdoms to be buffers against Islam, which probably would be a good plan for Provence and Italy, maybe even slicing it up into extra pieces to keep it from mucking with the plans of the great powers. But if they try it with Tirruni's Iberian lands, most of those have been under muslim control since before the fitna. And that's not even getting into the whole deal with monarchism vs. democracy, the philosophical conflict that wound up dominating Europe after the real-world Napoleonic wars.

I have no idea how things are going to shake out outside of western Europe. Most of the wars outside of Tirruni and Morocco were pretty straightforward winner/loser affairs, but there were also some hefty annexations that probably wouldn't fly outside of March of the Eagles. I'm really interested in what Greece's fate will be too, but with how they were fighting to the last all throughout the Tirruni wars, maybe they'll just keep fighting after the powers of Europe decide their future.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I could definitely see the resurrection of the Provençal monarchy that Tirruni destroyed. Is their old dynasty going to be involved with the conference?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

SlothfulCobra posted:

On the one hand, it may be a lot of work just to retain all the gains Andalus made in the last 15 years, but on the other hand, toward the "natural order" end of things, the Iberian peninsula was totally united 50 years ago. By all rights Aragon should just re-join the fold, especially if France tries to undo the last 50 years as well by taking back all of Occitania.

Yeah it's worth pointing out even beyond that you have to go back a long rear end way to get to a point where Al-Andalus didn't own the vast majority of Iberia with just the very northeastern most regions being in more of a state of flux between France and various petty christian kingdoms. I can see a Belgium-esque buffer state being set up along those lines (Navarra-Catalonia? Kingdom of the Pyrenees?) but it would seem really weird if we don't at least get back Valencia.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
A Catalonia/Valencia successor state and a separate Occitan successor state, with a third northern Italy state (called Lombardy or something), maybe with Rome proper going to the Pope while parts of central Italy are divided between Palermo and various petty states. Bavaria gets back most of Austria and extends into south Tyrol or even the Veneto, but Venice itself is a city-state.

Just a suggestion, but it'd deal with a lot of the objections the big countries would have here.

EDIT: As much as we turned the tide of the war, I have a feeling Morocco isn't going to be too fond of us and isn't going to like the idea of us getting territory. They might make the case that Northern Iberia (the ex-kingdom we conquered) IS our territorial concession and we don't get Valencia.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I'm pretty sure Alsharit al-Azraq got stuck garrisoning Mayurqa - did I miss what happened to that island, or did the Tirruni Wars just pass it by?

EDIT: Found it. Nope, stomped by the Moroccans pretty drat early. Oh well.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 4, 2018

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
SAHIM TIRRUNI INNOCENT

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I'm having visions of a mega-France resurgence, and they're not visions I like.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mossyfisk posted:

I'm having visions of a mega-France resurgence, and they're not visions I like.

Yeah, Frangland is going to be an absolute monster in Vicky 2, barring custom events that make it difficult for them to hold on to England or something. It would probably be a good idea to get on their good side in this conference, support them doing whatever they want in Occitania.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The French are less of a pest than the Moroccans. We might have to butter them and the Russians up in order to keep the Berbers from gaining more of our land. If feeding the French Occitan is the price we have to pay then so be it.

e:f;b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

What happened to Yaqub Najab Al-Sabah?