Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Power creep is getting out of hand.

Combine that with formless inferno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What the gently caress happened there

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Jazerus posted:

yeah, if there are doors to open you always get one, with a chance for a second

This is false or I got a bug I've not rarely cleared incursions with no stone. BV easily kills it with like 20 seconds left on the clock

HermanCain
Aug 2, 2013
Is there still room in the guild? If so, I'd like an invite for character MarkTheArc.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

post your character? so far everyone who has trouble with arc has super bad gear

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_SA_Oodles/characters

EtTuButtes

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

ZenVulgarity posted:

What the gently caress happened there

I remember Chris talking about this. There's a very rare weird bug in some middleware they're using, that straight up corrupts data occasionally, leading to bizarre items like this.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

I can't seem to see your tree, but the very first thing I see: you're not a hiero yet you gimp your dps using totem, put arc in a proper +1 3L wand as mentioned up-thread.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Jesus Christ this game is complicated 😳

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Papercut posted:

Jesus Christ this game is complicated 😳

Yeah but it's fun

Also nerds asking for ginvites, there was like 1 slot left, but after that the next purge will be TUESDAY. If you want to be in guild still, make sure you've logged in between sunday and tuesday evening.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah but it's fun

Also nerds asking for ginvites, there was like 1 slot left, but after that the next purge will be TUESDAY. If you want to be in guild still, make sure you've logged in between sunday and tuesday evening.

Yeah it's really fun. Especially compared to when I tried it like 5 years ago.

What's the benefit of being in a guild?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Papercut posted:

Yeah it's really fun. Especially compared to when I tried it like 5 years ago.

What's the benefit of being in a guild?

Guild stash and high brow conversation.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah but it's fun

Sweet, last league I got in after the first purge so fingers crossed.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

purge everyone and invite DweebAssArc thanks in advance

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Last night I had 0 exalts. Then I put on the chaos orb helmet MTX and 3 dropped over the next 2 hours. Let this be a lesson.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Sonuva...I won't be back until Thursday but I just played earlier today. Please let me stay or I'll be lonely when I get back.

:negative:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Also if anyone is else is doing an ED build the new Vaal Blight is really really good and you should probably use that in a rare glove setup over the standard alleloathy gloves

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I've been doing triple herald blade vortex elementalist as a starter and it's hitting the notes I've been looking for in a build ever since I got frustrated with flicker strike builds. I wanna just charge into a pack and have it explode in beautiful colours. Highly recommend. BV builds aren't exactly new I guess, but I only started playing in bestiary league so I've tried out only so many ways to gently caress up a character. Vaal BV trip report: click and have your screen and a bit more be cleared instantly. It's pretty nice, if a bit boring to use.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Could I get an invite to the goon guild character name: Cuelina

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What happens if you just completely play dumb and abuse one of these with your profile set to private? Can you get away with it for a whole league or is there some kind of sanity check that discovers the items later?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its probably just a display problem like the lvl 38 support shaper items

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I can't seem to see your tree, but the very first thing I see: you're not a hiero yet you gimp your dps using totem, put arc in a proper +1 3L wand as mentioned up-thread.

Do I want to reroll a blue to red to get it totem-able? Or just keep it as castable arc for a while?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Kehveli posted:

I've been doing triple herald blade vortex elementalist as a starter and it's hitting the notes I've been looking for in a build ever since I got frustrated with flicker strike builds. I wanna just charge into a pack and have it explode in beautiful colours. Highly recommend. BV builds aren't exactly new I guess, but I only started playing in bestiary league so I've tried out only so many ways to gently caress up a character. Vaal BV trip report: click and have your screen and a bit more be cleared instantly. It's pretty nice, if a bit boring to use.

The true path to BV is to have as much Herald MTX as you can.

The new Automaton Herald effect is great on Herald of Thunder.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Zero VGS posted:

What happens if you just completely play dumb and abuse one of these with your profile set to private? Can you get away with it for a whole league or is there some kind of sanity check that discovers the items later?

I remember reading a post from one of the devs that stated they have scrapers that look for the items to find/fix them iirc. But I guess sometimes they slip though.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Do you have any resists at all? Looks like just some scraps.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'll take a guild invite if there's a spot, I can already tell I'm gonna be playing the poo poo out of this. In game name: HungriTerri

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Also begging for a reinvite, char name is ZapNoodles

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Skyl3lazer posted:

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Jesus. Is there anything that scales off of fire resistance?

Ah, next post: formless inferno. Very nice!

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Putting my name in the queue for a goon guild invite after the Tuesday purge.

IGN: inkel

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Can I get re-invited? ArtificialArcTotems

I keep having to travel on launch weekend, terrible.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Would appreciate an invite on Zapzappityzapperson

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Remember to use 2 heralds before switching to MoM.

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.
Can I get a guild invite on dodadoodoo if there's room? Thanks

nerox
May 20, 2001
I bought a tabula for my alt I am going to level. Then I got a super corrupter in a temple and blew up my tabula so now my alt has no tabula. RIP

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters

Can someone look at my lovely Juggernaut and tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong? I was under the assumption that going Juggernaut/ Sunder was an easy way to uber lab farm at the beginning of the league. I'm getting one shot by Izaro with Fortify up. I feel like I've basically wasted this weekend on this character instead of going some FotM Arc, or Blade Vortex, etc.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Zotix posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters

Can someone look at my lovely Juggernaut and tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong? I was under the assumption that going Juggernaut/ Sunder was an easy way to uber lab farm at the beginning of the league. I'm getting one shot by Izaro with Fortify up. I feel like I've basically wasted this weekend on this character instead of going some FotM Arc, or Blade Vortex, etc.

So if you've never done uber lab farm theres some poo poo to know re: izaro. You have to realize that early on you probably wont be able to facetank. Learn his moves and what you have to dodge or not, and if you can run X keys, etc.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've done Izaro a ton, but usually it's on a ranged character with enough DPS to push the phase with just a couple of dodges.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Started as a deadeye but was not progressing as fast as I wanted to. Made the switch to arc totems and am glad I did, this build's busted.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I want to do blade vortex but feel like elementalist is too popular to be enough of a special snowflake, thinking occultist, trickster or assassin, all classes I haven't tried before, anyone got some experience with any of them for how they would play out differently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Zotix posted:

my lovely Juggernaut

Ya, same. I slogged through to maps using molten strike all the way up. Geared up for resistance, life, armor, etc. And promptly got my rear end kicked by lab and low tier maps. Idgi either.

So, gently caress it, a5 now with arc totems heiro.

moush posted:

Made the switch to arc totems and am glad I did, this build's busted.