Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Soulex posted:

Just the non-white ones. I also want a border patrol for Native Americans who evict tenants based on if someone looks white or not.

Your a funny guy, Soulex. Your alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

DoktorLoken posted:

Re: actually going to church, I'd sort of like a secular church where we have interesting intellectual discussions (think TED talks or something) instead of a sermon, eat coffee and donuts while you talk to neighbors, do social justice/charity stuff, etc. Basically fostering healthy community life. My faith in most people actually engaging in that is pretty low though.

ACHOP: The Atheist Church of Helping Other People

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Sectarian war in achop estimated in 15 years

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The South Park trilogy where the various atheist factions were warring over their names in the future pretty much sums up my thoughts on humanity's capacity to conduct itself.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Clearly the otters were of the superior atheist alliance. :rolleyes:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Clearly the otters were of the superior atheist alliance. :rolleyes:

There is no Otter god. They are extremely shellfish and their sexual habits can be abhorrent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGeXr18M6ew

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

LingcodKilla posted:

There is no Otter god. They are extremely shellfish and their sexual habits can be abhorrent

Don't condemn them to die bitter and abalone.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

joat mon posted:

Don't condemn them to die bitter and abalone.

I CANT loving BELIEVE I DIDNT NOTICE THIS SEAFOOD PUN UNTIL NOW

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1003445944556445698

1. Guess Melania is still alive
2. Love to do Memorial Day stuff the week after
3. Who's ready for Infrastructure Week

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nick Soapdish posted:

It is never and always Infrastructure Week.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nick Soapdish posted:

Infrastructure week is in our hearts friend.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

NYT reporting that Facebook apparently had data sharing agreements with 60 device manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, etc) that allowed them access to your friends' data without their consent

lol, zucked again

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LingcodKilla posted:

River otters are superior otter anyway

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

quote:

Giuliani: Trump Could Have Shot Comey And Still Couldn’t Be Indicted For It

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...bJrM?li=BBnb7Kz

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

In the middle of fifth avenue, or..?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

NYT reporting that Facebook apparently had data sharing agreements with 60 device manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, etc) that allowed them access to your friends' data without their consent

lol, zucked again

God dammit fuckerberg

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

You know at this rate idk who I want to see fall more, Zuck or Trump.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

:shrug: If they were violent towards white people more often it might start being a problem in the minds of about a third of the country. Kinda like how the opiate crisis is a crisis now, but the drug war was a valiant struggle against the lesser people in society.

I mean, the opiod crisis is being mishandled pretty badly and people are focussing on poo poo that mostly doesn't help. Going after pill manufacturers when at this point it's actually more about heroin (and some fentanyl). Not spending money for treatment, or making sure that people have continuity of treatment. Sending people to prison for buying the drugs their partner ODed on.

Mostly it seems to me that it just changes the mouth noises people make, but doesn't result in any more empathy for the actual victims or better policies.

E: Though I would say that part of the more recent outrage on criminal justice issues is 1) everyone having a camera in their pocket, and 2) law enforcement treating more white people like they have historically treated people of color due to the increasing reach and aggressiveness of the fallout of the war on drugs/terror. Still don't see a whole lot of meaningful change most places though.

Crakkerjakk fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 4, 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Have we already talked about how Apple had been kowtowing to the Russian government's demands that it disable updates for Telegram from the app store?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/31/technology/telegram-apple-russia.html

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 4, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Handsome Ralph posted:

¿Por que no los dos, Guapo Ralfio?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Handsome Ralph posted:

whynotboth.gif

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
Howdy - could someone repost that lovecraftian cold war short story? It came up during budget arguing last CE thread and I can't find it.

Cheers

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Howdy - could someone repost that lovecraftian cold war short story? It came up during budget arguing last CE thread and I can't find it.

Cheers

http://www.drabblecast.org/2013/12/06/drabblecast-305-testimony-emergency-session-naval-cephalopod-command/

Dog month is over.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the was this secret cold war bunker. it was spooky, so spooky you guys. i think it was extra spooky because it used to be a nazi bunker. one day the soviet supreme closed the site down on account of how spooky it was, but it reality the budget was needed to buy western blue jeans for high ranking party members.

E: Dog month is over but you're still required to include a dog

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

dog month is like infrastructure week

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
all dogs best dogs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Cheers

This one? http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/stories/colderwar.htm

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

all dogs best dogs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Cheers

if you mean the humper monkey/50fa stories they are all here

http://nothotbutspicy.com/para/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

en espanol por fav-

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

¿Por que no los dos, Guapo Ralfio?

gently caress

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's this one because it's the best one

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I said it in discord but I'll wager a 24 hour probation that Melania doesn't show tomorrow at the Gold Star ceremony

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I said it in discord but I'll wager a 24 hour probation that Melania doesn't show tomorrow at the Gold Star ceremony

I'll call that with the opposite wager: she shows up.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
6 hour probie bet that she files for divorce before june 10

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
$10 donation to ASPCA/animal shelter that she doesn't appear in public before July 4th.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Posting my dog cause I had to put her down Saturday and I miss her so loving much

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Im so sorry dude :(

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Posting my dog cause I had to put her down Saturday and I miss her so loving much

RIP in peace good doggo.

FYI I have it on good authority that dog heaven is a giant dog park with tons of treats-dispensing squirrels.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Oh god dammit dude, that's terrible. I'm so sorry. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad

yeah thanks

• Locked thread