Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Krankenstyle posted:

im looking forward to Michael B Jordan playing idk a dad or whatever, some kind of real movie that works his chops

Fruitville station is the movie you are looking for. If you don't want to fall into a depression maybe wait for the dad movie though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nah, he killed way too many people to be truly sympathetic.

Edit: see also Loki's face turn. Guy racked up a huge body count in the Avengers, everyone seems to forget about that

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Something like 83 people before he was caught so that doesn't even include the NY invasion casualties.

He's still kinda hated on Earth though (by those that knew him like Banner). Even Strange was like "Hey, gently caress your brother he can have fun pissing himself in the never ending falling dimension while we chat."

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Even Strange was like "Hey, gently caress your brother he can have fun pissing himself in the never ending falling dimension while we chat."

Loki is useful, but Loki is also one of those sorts you just never want out of your sight. Or at the very least, you never want to give the time to plot, scheme, and prepare for something on their own. One of my favorite parts of Thor: Ragnarok has to be Thor expecting the doublecross, planning for it, and even have a prepped "son i am disappoint" speech to give him after putting a stop to the doublecross.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah considering Odinbros have been alive and fighting for thousands of years 83 is probably like fraction of a fraction of Loki's total. His k/d ratio is nuts is what I'm saying

Even if you factor in the amount of times he died. Thor probably doesn't even notice that amount.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Smiling Jack posted:

Nah, he killed way too many people to be truly sympathetic.

Edit: see also Loki's face turn. Guy racked up a huge body count in the Avengers, everyone seems to forget about that

Dude found his dad dead and then found out there was an entire nation that could have helped his people but were too stuck in their ways to do anything. So he set about in a misguided attempt to try to make lives better for all black people. Meanwhile, Vulture got hit by the recession and his choice was to sell weapons to criminals. I mean, I get why he did it and it's a sympathetic thing but an arms dealer isn't much better.

Zemo probably was responsible for the least amount of deaths and he straight up bombed a building.

Push El Burrito has a new favorite as of 08:14 on Jun 2, 2018

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Killmonger kills his own girlfriend. That kinda went over the top for me.

Also, a sympathetic villian is still a villian, Vulture and Nemo are also dickheads.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don’t think anybody’s denying that those guys are villains. I think people like them because there is an actual understandable motivation that drives them to be in conflict with the protagonist.

I like Baron Zemo because he’s one of the few Marvel villains that actually succeeded* in his objective (drive apart the Avengers).

*until Avengers: Infinity War.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ultron is the real sympathetic villain because he spent five seconds on the internet and decided humanity needed killin'

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I've been watching the Marvel movies in order the last few weeks, and something I noticed in Ultron last night. When Stark is in the Hulkbuster armour and they do a close-up shot of his face, his head takes up a smaller amount of the middle of the screen. When he's in the regular armour, he takes up a lot more. It gave the impression that he's actually inside a much larger helmet in the Hulkbuster.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Phy posted:

Ultron is the real sympathetic villain because he spent five seconds on the internet and decided humanity needed killin'

Which one of you fuckers bought him an SA account, is what I want to know.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

snergle posted:

Fruitville station is the movie you are looking for. If you don't want to fall into a depression maybe wait for the dad movie though.

god i have that movie on my shelf and i havent seen it yet cause i know i cant handle it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
It's not exactly subtle but I remember missing it the first 2 or 3 times I watched The Dark Knight. Which was the dude tied up atop the pile of money that Joker burns.

There's a cool moment in Creed also where Rocky taps the back of of Adonis' neck when the ref is asking "how many fingers?" so the kid can continue the fight. Not entirely subtle since they zoom in on Stallone's hands but I thought it was a clever touch at least.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BiggerBoat posted:

It's not exactly subtle but I remember missing it the first 2 or 3 times I watched The Dark Knight. Which was the dude tied up atop the pile of money that Joker burns.

He wasn't just a dude. That was Lau, the mob banker Bats went all the way to Hong Kong to kidnap

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The guy who plays Lau has the worst luck. Gets burned alive by Heath Ledger, gets electrocuted by nazi Robert Redford, and gets hacked to pieces by Benedict Wong's horde of angry Mongols.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cesar Romero's Joker in a disguise/Heath Ledger's Joker in a disguise

Only registered members can see post attachments!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jedit posted:

Which one of you fuckers bought him an SA account, is what I want to know.

Nobody, that's why he was so angry. He couldn't read the ending of the Dangan Ronpa let's play.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

Meanwhile, Vulture got hit by the recession and his choice was to sell weapons to criminals. I mean, I get why he did it and it's a sympathetic thing but an arms dealer isn't much better.

He didnt get hit by a recession. The Avengers' alien exploits caused him to go out of business due to Stark Industries taking over his main sources of income. Once again the Avengers created their own villains.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He spent all his money bidding on the Chitauri salvage job and buying equipment for it, then Damage Control took the job over with no compensation.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Aphrodite posted:

He spent all his money bidding on the Chitauri salvage job and buying equipment for it, then Damage Control took the job over with no compensation.

what a businessman lmao

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah, because a movie that revolves around Toomes going to court to sue Damage Control over property rights would make an exciting 90 minutes.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Yeah, because a movie that revolves around Toomes going to court to sue Damage Control over property rights would make an exciting 90 minutes.

it would actually

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tony stark has battled aliens robots and terrorists, but this time... He faces his greatest challenge yet!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

Tony stark has battled aliens robots and terrorists, but this time... He faces his greatest challenge yet!

Hot shot lawyer Jennifer Walters taking on Stark and fighting for the little guy.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Android Apocalypse posted:

It'd be better than watching two dudes punch each other for the billionth time.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

HisMajestyBOB posted:

I thought the fight scenes in Homecoming were pretty good, honestly.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Peter being so frustrated because he's trying to save Toomes is very good

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Warrior was loving amazing though

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Davros1 posted:

He wasn't just a dude. That was Lau, the mob banker Bats went all the way to Hong Kong to kidnap

Yeah, once I finally noticed him I knew who he was. Just forgot his name. The "squealer".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Saw Upgrade today, and I really enjoyed how they (big spoilers) changed the voice of STEM over the movie. When he first "starts up" he's got a higher vocal range and he's basically just sort of happy/pleasing/helping, and then when he gets further and further along the takeover, it gets deeper and more commanding.

Good movie, even if the red band trailer gave a fuckton away in it.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hot shot lawyer Jennifer Walters taking on Stark and fighting for the little guy.

Sold.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, once I finally noticed him I knew who he was. Just forgot his name. The "squealer".

Davros1 posted:

And yet, despite the Joker saying that he was a squealer, he made no noise at all even as he was burning to death.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This joker seems like a real clown.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the ship that Panama Hat is one when Indy steals back the Cross of Coronado is named the Vasquez de Coronado. It's a split second thing but it ties into the film's look at lifelong obsessions, as the cross was a lifelong search for Indy as well as Panama Hat.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Krankenstyle posted:

god i have that movie on my shelf and i havent seen it yet cause i know i cant handle it

If you're going through some stuff, don't watch it. It is hard. Or do it and get really drunk after.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the ship that Panama Hat is one when Indy steals back the Cross of Coronado is named the Vasquez de Coronado. It's a split second thing but it ties into the film's look at lifelong obsessions, as the cross was a lifelong search for Indy as well as Panama Hat.

It was also evidently an obsession for the guy Indy stole the Cross from, as he seemed to be taking it everywhere with him.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

There's a cool moment in Creed also where Rocky taps the back of of Adonis' neck when the ref is asking "how many fingers?" so the kid can continue the fight. Not entirely subtle since they zoom in on Stallone's hands but I thought it was a clever touch at least.

This is a minor nitpick but it's actually Stitch who taps Adonis' neck to let him know how many fingers, not Rocky. Stitch also happens to be an actual professional cutman

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Pussy Quipped posted:

This is a minor nitpick but it's actually Stitch who taps Adonis' neck to let him know how many fingers, not Rocky. Stitch also happens to be an actual professional cutman

learned something new today

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jedit posted:

It was also evidently an obsession for the guy Indy stole the Cross from, as he seemed to be taking it everywhere with him.

Like I said, Panama Hat (the bad guy) is the one who named his boat after Coronado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

learned something new today

Same. I need to see that movie again, actually. Creed was so loving great. How do I know the sequel is gonna suck bad?