Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TTBF posted:

Any idea what time that's going up on Saturday?

Also if someone can summarize what's up with LA Park and why its a big deal he's in CMLL, as someone new that would help me out a lot. I watched the trios match and I thought it was cool but I could tell I was missing something that made it a much bigger deal than how I was viewing it.

LA Park is a veteran rudo who owns

you may have seen him in WCW as La Parka. (He had to change his name because of AAA shenanigans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TTBF posted:

Also if someone can summarize what's up with LA Park and why its a big deal he's in CMLL, as someone new that would help me out a lot. I watched the trios match and I thought it was cool but I could tell I was missing something that made it a much bigger deal than how I was viewing it.

LA Park is one of the best brawlers out there and someone with a legitimate wildman aura. He is rarely with a company for long since he will either get fired for crowd brawling, swearing, blading, whatever, or will get sick of the promotion and quit. He was fired from CMLL a few years ago and reportedly banned for life. So him coming back is a big deal just for that. He's also one of the last big stars from the 90s who can still go and has his mask. So his mask is a big deal, and he is feuding with Rush who has never lost his hair. They've had wild brawls on indie shows the last few years, challenging each other for apuestas matches back and forth. It was assumed it could never happen since CMLL would never book Park and indies can't afford to pay Rush to lose his hair let alone Park to lose his mask. So when he showed up in CMLL it was a guy who shouldn't be there in a feud people want to see and didn't think they'd get on the big stage.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

TTBF posted:

I think they post it around 11 PM Eastern, but it's not officially scheduled or anything. At least once in the past few weeks they forgot to post the show and it didn't go up until Monday or Tuesday.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thank you for the explanations, that does help a lot.

Boco_T posted:

I think they post it around 11 PM Eastern, but it's not officially scheduled or anything. At least once in the past few weeks they forgot to post the show and it didn't go up until Monday or Tuesday.

Ah dang, was meeting with some friends on Saturday a little after noon Eastern and was hoping it might be up by then. Oh well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
LA Park in CMLL is like if Chris Benoit came back to WWE tomorrow. You never thought he'd be back and he's a skeleton.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Parka was always a little big boned and my first look at his modern physique made me wonder how well he could go, but man a lot of his stuff still looks really good and his presence is tremendous.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Honestly I think he's better now than during his WCW run.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

He moved well enough in that trios match that I thought it was either a new LA Park or that LA Park was a lot younger in his WCW days than I thought.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He has a real nice spear.

I looked up El Hijo De LA Park after watching the under card and the Wikipedia article seemed to imply he was wrestling under his original ring name of Black Spirit as of 2013. Did he switch back just now? Also is he any good, he seemed ok, but I didn't get a good grasp of him?

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 31, 2018

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
LuchaDB has him under Hijo de LA Park since 2010. That also means he's been wrestling for 8 years and he still hasn't figured out that he shouldn't be "generic indie guy" and instead be "literally doing his dad's gimmick from early AAA." Then again Wagner's son has the same problem and is a worse worker.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Boco_T posted:

LuchaDB has him under Hijo de LA Park since 2010. That also means he's been wrestling for 8 years and he still hasn't figured out that he shouldn't be "generic indie guy" and instead be "literally doing his dad's gimmick from early AAA." Then again Wagner's son has the same problem and is a worse worker.

Regular Wikipedaia says this, and doesnt cover his career otherwise after 2011, so it is a little confusing;

"Originally he wrestled under the name "Black Spirit", keeping the family relation to L.A. Park secret, and after a three-year stint as El Hijo de L.A. Park, he returned to working under his original ring name in February 2013."

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've found Wikipedia is generally pretty bad at being kept up to date when it comes to lucha, whereas something like the G1 Climax page will be updated with the result, match time down to the second and updated standings the instant Red Shoes's hand touches the canvas for the three count.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Come watch tonight's CMLL Card! The Top 3 matches are going to be insane! https://synchtu.be/r/PerrosPalace

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As I assume he has everyone blocked

https://twitter.com/SinCaraWWE/status/1002296962681536513

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hell yeah bitch

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

jfc I am here for that card

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Holy poo poo CMLL is on a loving roll with these cards

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

imgur hosting is blocked at my work whats the card

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

la park, hijo de park, and volador vs rush, bestia del ring, and terrible
caristico, mistico, and rey fenix vs ultimo guerrero, negro casas, and cavernario
stuka jr vs hechicero lightning match
titan, soberano, and audaz vs sanson, cuatrero, and forestero
triton, drone, and feugo vs virus, puma, and tiger
star jr and oro jr vs cancerbero and raziel

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dang those sure are some tags

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CMLL does like maybe 30 singles matches a year. And they run 4 times a week.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It's up, the AAA match of the year (to date):
Arcángel Divino, Black Destiny, Genio del Aire vs Black Danger, Mirage, Último Maldito - AAA - 4/20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqHmlSQ94Us&t=190s

I'll also note that the cruiserweight #1 contenders 4-man that starts around 35:30 I'd also put at almost HM level, and the tag title match starting at like 50:20 is good too. All around this is a very solid episode of wrestling television.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I made plans for next Friday assuming there was no way CMLL put effort into 3 Fridays in a row. I feel silly.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i just turned on the AAA stream and Jeff Jarrett returned, name dropped Teddy Hart, and called out Dr Wagner Jr

TripleMania gonna be wild yall

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/1003452273979092998

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

yall are missing the gently caress out on this

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1003458076077445120

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Psycho Clown looks like he can barely walk in between doing suicide dives, and the match is getting progressively better as AAA finds different lights that work in order to illuminate the ring.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

easily the best AAA match I've ever seen but that's a small sample size

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Averno has the tiniest face on the giantest head

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

its like a crime scene out there

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Jarrett keeping that Global Force dream alive with his awful gear

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:laffo: Jarrett looking under the ring for a chair to sit in to let Wagner and Mysterio kick the poo poo out of each other, but they're all destroyed from the hair vs hair match just before

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
LMFAO KONNAN, a AAA main event revolving around a heel ref and an NWO run in. I am shocked I tell you

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

S L A P N U T S

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Wait, I thought Fenix was booked for CMLL

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ishin posted:

Wait, I thought Fenix was booked for CMLL

According to an interview "Rey Fenix" is booked for CMLL, while "Fenix" is still AAA/Lucha Underground.

Different gimmicks or not, working CMLL and AAA at the same time doesn't exactly sound like something that'll work out too long.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hmmm

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1003518606137806849

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1004041671313711104

??? ??? ???????????

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1004044245076885504

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 5, 2018

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
So Fantasma definitely losing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CMLL and AAA crossing over without violence or threat of legal disintegration is weird as hell.