Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

E2M2 posted:

I asked in the PS4 thread but should I buy a Xbox One? What's the going rate on a used S? I have access to a PS4 and I mostly just wanna play BF5 when it comes out.

Not really unless you really want a few exclusives and have no PC access. BFV will be on PS4 too, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

How come the thread is not stickied this month?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ah sorry i'll get right on it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

ah sorry i'll get right on it

He wants the thread stickied, not dickied

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aNN8gjvOdc

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

raditts posted:

How come the thread is not stickied this month?

shame on the poster who doesn't bookmark the chat thread straight away

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

Is that before or after the bit where you make sushi?

It's right after, of course. And then you have to do the stupid count-to-100 poo poo on the boat

Pulling up vinegar from the well is rear end, I only had enough to make a sushi that was half the size of the fish I caught but who cares. That fussy video game mayor can suck my dick.

Breath of Fire 3 is like playing all the lovely superweapon minigames in FF10, except they're mandatory.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 4, 2018

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

:siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/torkirby/status/1003473022983065606

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
After owning Enter the Gungeon for over two years, I finally beat it today. The last time I spent time with the game was ages ago and I had only made about 20 runs and hadn't even met the blacksmith in the Forge. Today I beat the Dragun and killed the past with the Soldier, then immediately turned about and did another successful run killing the past of the Convict. It's really clicking with me and I like its slower pace over Nuclear Throne's breakneck speed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So KCB and I were at a toys r us the other day to see if they had any skylanders stuff that we didn't already have what with the whole "going out of business, everything 50% off" thing they were doing.

Unfortunately, no good finds there, already had the stuff they had.

Decided to check out what games they had too. Not a big selection, which isn't surprising. Most of their stuff was sold already.

They still had copies of Battleborn though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wait til the last day and they'll just give you all the battleborns you can carry

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, I beat Yakuza 4 finally, that's a really kickass ending. And then jumping into Yakuza 5.... like, wow. You can really see the loving jump in quality that will eventually become Yakuza 0. I'm so thrilled to watch these characters grow and change and show up again and again in the series. I feel so bad for people who jumped from 0 to 6 or whatever else bullshit.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just learned that the new Gorillaz album has replaced Murdoc with Ace from the Powerpuff Girls because Murdoc is in prison

lmao

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The White Dragon posted:

It's right after, of course. And then you have to do the stupid count-to-100 poo poo on the boat

Pulling up vinegar from the well is rear end, I only had enough to make a sushi that was half the size of the fish I caught but who cares. That fussy video game mayor can suck my dick.

Breath of Fire 3 is like playing all the lovely superweapon minigames in FF10, except they're mandatory.
You get a totally not worth the effort item if he is actually SUPER happy with it. I just mash most of the stuff together and it counts as a pass.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Detroit is so much better than I expected, it's fantastic. In particular, I'd play an entire game of just Connor and Clancy Brown investigating crimes and becoming bros, tbh

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

a david cage shaped storm approaches the june games chat thread

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I always see people posting that they started Andromeda and it's not so bad but I never see anyone posting that they finished it and it wasn't so bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I only started it like yesterday and it's a pretty big game, but I'll let you know.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'm really enjoying watching people play the new Mario Tennis on Twitch but it's really unfun to play because I'm so bad at it :smith:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
You guys were right, Celeste is fun. Had a blast playing it with my sister as we took turns dying whilst trying to get the strawberries.
Kinda wish it was also on the Vita as i'm going on vacation soon.

Still playing DB Fighterz, gotten a bit better with Vegito. Still an absolute blast to play. I started to see less and less Vegito's online and more Zamasu's lately.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

a david cage shaped storm approaches the june games chat thread

Chat Thread Battle Royale.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I just learned that the new Gorillaz album has replaced Murdoc with Ace from the Powerpuff Girls because Murdoc is in prison

lmao

also jack black is in the video for their latest single, which owns (the single, the video, and jack black's presence therein simultaneously own)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Vegas posted:

Detroit is so much better than I expected, it's fantastic. In particular, I'd play an entire game of just Connor and Clancy Brown investigating crimes and becoming bros, tbh

Same.
karas story, aside from one scene is a loving trainwreck. I would love to have been on the same holocaust museum tour as the research team for the game.

markus' story while having the most sway over the outcome of the game, lacks the mystery element that drives connors and makes it interesting. So many scenes drag a bit too, especially jericho

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am going to be the black sheep here and say that Anthem is one of my most anticipated games for learning more about at E3. I know that Bioware has been working on the game for the last 6 years and the first trailer from last year got me really excited with how amazing the world looks. Plus I love Destiny 1 & 2. Division 2 is another game i'm really excited for. I just love these type of shooter/RPG hybrids in general.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

This is him now, feel old yet etc.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

univbee posted:

Not really unless you really want a few exclusives and have no PC access. BFV will be on PS4 too, you know.

Maybe I'll just buy a PS4 again. Been seeing them on FB marketplace for $200 or so

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Everyone always spoke highly of Senua's Sacrifice sound design but it really is something to be experienced to truly be understood. I played all the way to Surt and, at some points, I wanted to rip the earbuds out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's one of the few games I would recommend playing with subtitles OFF so that you don't read ahead of the action. There's a particular section toward the middle of the game that makes a pretty incredible use of the 3D audio.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't know how subtitles would even work with the furies, there's usually at least two talking and they don't wait for each other to finish.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I rely on subtitles as a backup since English is not my first language, but I'll try that next time. And that's actually a complaint I have so far: There's a lot of dialogue that is skipped or just flashes for a moment, and I don't mean the voices, like, actual story dialogue. I wonder if it was my adaptation that messed that up or it was also in the original english.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

I don't know how subtitles would even work with the furies, there's usually at least two talking and they don't wait for each other to finish.

It's actually kind of annoying because you'll sometimes see subtitles for barely audible dialogue that is really meant to be more subliminal.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

I'm really enjoying watching people play the new Mario Tennis on Twitch but it's really unfun to play because I'm so bad at it :smith:

I managed to block one of those super shot things during a championship point and I was v happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjieLSxp-rg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I can't imagine following that commentary when actually playing but it's neat to see it in shared videos :)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when i played there was a solid second of lag between inputs. but it was fun against the cpu too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

vghf did a cool article about the first recorded instance of public outcry over a violent video game

https://gamehistory.org/media-vs-death-race/

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

Wow, I beat Yakuza 4 finally, that's a really kickass ending. And then jumping into Yakuza 5.... like, wow. You can really see the loving jump in quality that will eventually become Yakuza 0. I'm so thrilled to watch these characters grow and change and show up again and again in the series. I feel so bad for people who jumped from 0 to 6 or whatever else bullshit.

It's actually not a big deal because so many recurring characters got sidelined in 6.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Finished up an event in Dungeon Fighter Online so now my Dragoon gets to sport a neat black silhouette look which imo contrasts well with the Dragoon's whole "has giant spears of light following behind them" thing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

bf's getting me into the splatoons, how do i look?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Who'd have thought that putting some butt rock over one of the best songs in all of Zelda would be so good, but here we are.

https://youtu.be/rwCNqKZmUtw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

bf's getting me into the splatoons, how do i look?
fresh

• Locked thread