Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

WatchOS 4.3.1 is out. Supposedly only some performance updates and a warning for older apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I wonder if iCloud message sync means the messages app finally syncs with your phone?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

I wonder if iCloud message sync means the messages app finally syncs with your phone?

That would be amazing.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Matt Zerella posted:

Sadly no blue stripe but thank you!

This isn't Amazon, but it's Official and about half the price. I cannot vouch for the company.

https://elyteb.com/products/apple-w...ASABEgLj3fD_BwE

They do have a knockoff on Amazon, but it comes from China, and who knows how long that will take.

https://www.amazon.com/MXY-Newest-R...ipe+woven+nylon

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Can confirm, messages do not sync.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Can confirm, messages do not sync.

What bullshit.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

What bullshit.

Mine seem to be syncing? Had to plug the phone in, but now it's syncing. And I opened message on my mac and in that account's preference, I turned on messages in the cloud and told it to sync.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Mine seem to be syncing? Had to plug the phone in, but now it's syncing. And I opened message on my mac and in that account's preference, I turned on messages in the cloud and told it to sync.

Hmmm I’ll have to check it out. Probably still have to go back and delete all these old messages off the watch though which is a huge pain in the rear end.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It's syncing phone to watch for you and vice versa? I've gotten sync to work between my iPad and phone but my watch isn't.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, forgot what thread I was in (too many tabs open). I wasn't even looking at my watch, just talking about iphone/mac syncing.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Why did I wait so long to get a sport loop. My lord this is nice. Thanks ebay knockoff seller!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Matt Zerella posted:

Why did I wait so long to get a sport loop. My lord this is nice. Thanks ebay knockoff seller!

What seller?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

What seller?

burningredinus

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Anyone gotten a knockoff sport loop without the slightly mis-sized lugs?

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Anyone gotten a knockoff sport loop without the slightly mis-sized lugs?

I finally coughed up the money for the official sport loop, and even though it fits better than the Amazon knock off I bought, there's still a bit of wiggle in the lugs. That might be by design. It does feel a bit softer and more well-made than the knock off. Or maybe that's just my way of justifying buying a small strip of cloth for 50 god drat dollars.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My Apple sport loop has no wiggle at all. My overpriced piece of nylon is perfect.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah, the official Apple one that came with mine works great, I just would rather have a knockoff since Apple doesn't make a true black.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Yeah, the official Apple one that came with mine works great, I just would rather have a knockoff since Apple doesn't make a true black.

Embrace the funky colors. Orange and flash light look dope AF with the dark finish.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Hey so an official Podcasts app is coming with a watchOS update in the fall.

Maybe that also signals the ability for third party podcast apps to also do their thing on a Watch.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Thwomp posted:

Hey so an official Podcasts app is coming with a watchOS update in the fall.

Maybe that also signals the ability for third party podcast apps to also do their thing on a Watch.

Yes, part of the update is that 3rd party Apps can now stream in the background. So Overcast will probably be ported.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cool they figured out yoga tracking but really wish weight lifting was tracked better.

Oh well maybe next year.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Cool they figured out yoga tracking but really wish weight lifting was tracked better.

Oh well maybe next year.

How do you track weight lifting?

I use Strong and it seems to work fine. I enter my poo poo on my phone and have the watch app in companion mode to record my heart data.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

watchOS 5 won’t support the first gen Apple Watch.:smith:

Guess it’s finally time for me to update. When are the series 4 watches expected?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How do you track weight lifting?

I use Strong and it seems to work fine. I enter my poo poo on my phone and have the watch app in companion mode to record my heart data.

Select the "Other" category and that's pretty much it.

Or because I don't really care I just leave it on 'indoor run' after I do my treadmill warmup and go move heavy chunks of metal around. It's all "wow your pace is crappy bro" but joke's on you Apple, I don't care about my pace!

But getting credit for running a mile while doing leg curls is pretty funny.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

watchOS 5 won’t support the first gen Apple Watch.:smith:

Guess it’s finally time for me to update. When are the series 4 watches expected?

According to MacRumors, they average 445 days between releases and it's been 262 since the Series 3 launch, with the S3 having come out 371 days after the S1/2. So maybe this fall?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

Select the "Other" category and that's pretty much it.

Or because I don't really care I just leave it on 'indoor run' after I do my treadmill warmup and go move heavy chunks of metal around. It's all "wow your pace is crappy bro" but joke's on you Apple, I don't care about my pace!

But getting credit for running a mile while doing leg curls is pretty funny.

Yeah so this is what I do pretty much!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rumor sites have started spinning up about a watch refresh this fall, main feature is supposedly going to be a smaller bezel so they can get a bigger screen in the same form factor.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Can't wait for the wallow talkie feature to interrupt a meeting I am in for my wife to ask me if I took the trash out or not.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It’s gonna be Nextel all over again.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Apparently S0 is not getting watchOS 5.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

Rest In Peace $17,000 solid gold Watch

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I definitely feel very bad for people who can afford $17,000 electronic devices.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Let’s be real the s0 had a good run.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the fact that it got as much support as it did for as long as it did was quite a thing for a first generation Apple product.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Let’s be real the s0 had a good run.

Only three years and a few months. Which isn’t great for an Apple product but I suppose not terrible for a first gen Apple product.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Marco Overcast seems happy with the new audio APIs.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

:siren:new pride band:siren:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I bought last years pride band and I'm buying this years too because I'm dumb. They look really good!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I think last years looks better and I’m still overthinking:argh: about the lack of matching buckles for the black watches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
OK, am I missing something? My Apple Watch is completely up to date and I can't find the pride face anywhere.