Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TwoWordName posted:

I just thought the new Junkrat skin was another green Junkrat with a new nose not a goblin suspended in a mechanical babybjorn. This skin is an actual nightmare.

Yeah that junkrat skin is just unsettling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

No Wave posted:

a fun character like d2 sorceress

0.1 sec cooldowns for Teleport and Frozen Orb. Sounds pretty fun to me!

Real answer: Druid or Trap Assassin first.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Mierenneuker posted:

Uther: You know, you sound awfully familiar.
Kel’Thuzad: What are you implying, paladin, that all necromancers sound alike?!

Which is just another weird interaction, until you realize they are both voiced by the same person.

Edit: And I just realized I completely missed the original joke being that he voices Xul as well :sweatdrop:

Blizz does great with these kinds of jokes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

No Wave posted:

Why diablo fans all started desperately hyping imperius instead of a fun character like d2 sorceress is beyond me.

Who the hell even is Imperius? Everyone keeps demanding them like they're some noteworthy character but hell if I can remember them.

They're from D3, aren't they? :v:

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Why did they have to make the new map a complete clusterfuck of mechanics and poo poo? Maybe it will be good but I'm getting flashbacks to hanamura.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Kyrosiris posted:

Who the hell even is Imperius? Everyone keeps demanding them like they're some noteworthy character but hell if I can remember them.

TOTALLY different from Tyrael, obviously. Nerds love him because

quote:

In Imperius's eyes, there is only right and wrong, good and evil. There are no shades of gray.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

beejay posted:

Why did they have to make the new map a complete clusterfuck of mechanics and poo poo? Maybe it will be good but I'm getting flashbacks to hanamura.

How is this like Hanamura at all? The objectives are timer based and can be paused, once won, it basically becomes Tomb of the Spider Queen. And that's it. The objectives are kind of a mix between Curse and Battlefield in that they pop up and need to be claimed, but then there is a progress bar of sorts where both teams race to complete theirs while trying to stop the other team at the same time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Wow the new map looks amazing (like visually). Grunts, sharpshooters, spearthrowers, gnolls with goofy balls and chains, raiders? Looks so so good.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Linking the patch notes since they added in a bunch of balance changes too https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/21795071/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-notes-june-4-2018-2018-6-4/

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

Structures
Fort Tower experience reduced from 500 to 250.
Fort experience increased from 1,000 to 1,200
Keep experience increased from 1,650 to 2,050

This is substantial

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Passive armor is getting removed. This looks like huge nerfs to tanks with armor (Johanna, Arthas, taunt Varian, Anubarak) which will make garrosh even better. The affected tanks had their hp buffed, but not nearly enough when you consider that healing is up to 25 percent less effective on them.

Garrosh instaban going forwards it looks like as his trait will make him much easier to keep alive through healing than anyone else.

On the plus side varian baseline hp was buffed so C Smash should be pretty decent again.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

No Wave posted:

Passive armor is getting removed. This looks like huge nerfs to tanks with armor (Johanna, Arthas, taunt Varian, Anubarak) which will make garrosh even better. The affected tanks had their hp buffed, but not nearly enough when you consider that healing is up to 25 percent less effective on them.

Garrosh instaban going forwards it looks like as his trait will make him much easier to keep alive through healing than anyone else.

On the plus side varian baseline hp was buffed so C Smash should be pretty decent again.

I'm not a fan of them just adding general additional health without really thinking of how much armor got lost or what that does to the hero. The fact that Cassia lost health regen for some reason too just seems insane

edit: They didn't change talents that are armor negation ones like Zul'Jin, Cassia and others, which seems like not a great idea since they are much less useful now.

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 4, 2018

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
All of the Horde/Alliance skins are super high quality holy crap

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Semper Fudge posted:

All of the Horde/Alliance skins are super high quality holy crap

It's going to be weird if Junkrat doesn't have a changed voice over though

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I want the alliance banner but the Horde mount.
Curse yoouu.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Switching the trait and ult keys on vehicles is troll as gently caress, it's going to take a while for everyone to stop accidentally blowing up vehicle

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

New hero looks extremely boring esp. after Blaze, a good and fun warrior.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Was Cassia really overperforming so much that she merited nerfs to both her regen and her trait?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Quad posted:

I'm confused why they're adding another obscure WoW character instead of literally anyone from OW, or one of the Prime Evils from Diablo or something.
Also there's 2 paladins now, because "Uther doesn't really have the 'oomph' factor with his abilities"? They couldn't fix Uther to make him more interesting, and then give us something other than "blue fantasy lady"?
:(
Maybe I'm the insane one and people were really clamoring for a Drainey or whatever even though there's over 2x as many WoW characters as any other franchise. I dunno.

There's an expansion coming out soon.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Was Cassia really overperforming so much that she merited nerfs to both her regen and her trait?

They just want her to be less of a niche hero. The max health increase and armor decrease is a nerf vs physical damage and a buff versus magical damage, except she'll still easily beat right clickers. It's meant to be a buff overall.

fool_of_sound posted:

The problem with removing passive physical armor is that a lot of the most potent autoattackers attack very quickly, which negates talents like Arthas' Rime. The need to edit block-esque talents like that to a proc-on-auto that lasts like, .3 seconds or something.

No they really don't.

Eraflure fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 4, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The problem with removing passive physical armor is that a lot of the most potent autoattackers attack very quickly, which negates talents like Arthas' Rime. The need to edit block-esque talents like that to a proc-on-auto that lasts like, .3 seconds or something.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

quote:

New Skins

Falstad
Ironforge Falstad
Midnight Buccaneer Falstad
Greymane
Seafarer Greymane

Rehgar
Gladiator Rehgar
Varian
Copper Varian
Prince Varian
Zul’jin
Bloodscalp Zul’jin
Frostmane Zul’jin
Are we finally getting Wereshark Graymane?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Johanna and arthas take 33% more damage from AAs - as characters that generally take the bulk of their damage from physical attacks - and got 9% hp increases. Like.... why.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kurieg posted:

Probably not; it's more likely to be a recolor of one of his existing skins. If it were a new model, they would have shown it off with all the others in the preview videos. Plus as cool as it would be, Wereshark Pirate Genn doesn't really fit the whole "Alliance vs. Horde in Alterac Valley" theme the next event's got going.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kurieg posted:

I think those are all boring re-colors they are pushing out before the actual new skins.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

No Wave posted:

Johanna and arthas take 33% more damage from AAs - as characters that generally take the bulk of their damage from physical attacks - and got 9% hp increases. Like.... why.

Uh, unless I’m missing something losing 15 armor is an 18% damage increase.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

No Wave posted:

Where is that 33% coming from? Arthas has 10 physical armor, which means 10% less damage from AAs. Combined with the Rime change, he's largely unphased by this change unless he goes against tracer+genji.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah Arthas is taking 11% more damage

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Johanna has 25 armor, and yeah I wrote that post about Johanna, got distracted, and edited arthas in at the tail end later without thinking. Leaving my mistake for posterity.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah Johanna is definitely getting hosed on this one.

On the bright side, twin blades Varian got buffed :toot:

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:
Is it just me or is Leoric back? Played 3 games w him last night. Won all 3. Best game I played, mvp. 8-1 81k hero damage. You read that right.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Eraflure posted:

New hero looks extremely boring esp. after Blaze, a good and fun warrior.

She looks like Muradin with a couple of twists which is fine because Muradin rules and has never not been fun to play

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Wow I just checked Grubby's stream and the Drek'thar VA is possibly the worst in the game

It's just Mecha Tyrael

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Wow I just checked Grubby's stream and the Drek'thar VA is possibly the worst in the game

It's just Mecha Tyrael

Anything on PTR is subject to change

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yrel's instant mount + dash talent has no cooldown aside from the 5s mount cooldown. It seems hilariously good.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Is there a reason Auriel got nerfed again? I thought she was in a bad place except specifically when paired with absurdly high damage carries.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Yukari posted:

Is there a reason Auriel got nerfed again? I thought she was in a bad place except specifically when paired with absurdly high damage carries.

Well she is a support so you can't have them be any fun to play. But I am glad that Blizzard continues to give me an official reason to be an "I don't play support" shitlord.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She was doing extremely well after the most recent buffs. Blizzard's internal numbers after the buff (which tend to only use hero levels over 10) showed her as the highest performing support with ana second. Ana seems to have gone back down since.

They mostly nerfed her wave clear, which probably was a lot better than other supports. She's too hard to play for my tastes and I find ana funnier so I use her instead (or deckard if I want an easier game, or lili if I want a free win).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 4, 2018

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

No Wave posted:

She was doing extremely well after the most recent buffs. Blizzard's internal numbers after the buff (which tend to only use hero levels over 10) showed her as the highest performing support with ana second. Ana seems to have gone back down since.

They mostly nerfed her wave clear, which probably was a lot better than other supports. She's too hard to play for my tastes and I find ana funnier so I use her instead (or deckard if I want an easier game, or lili if I want a free win).
They very slightly nerfed her wave clear if for some reason you can't land a skillshot on minions. -12 damage on the outside, +9 on the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

John Murdoch posted:

Blizzard would be wise to stop putting characters I don't like into the game and only put ones in that I do like!!!!