Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Popete posted:

There has only been 2 episodes that I've started and couldn't finish because of the guest.

Bobby Lee and Leslie Arfin Betsy Sodaro

Bobby Lee is an excellent example of what happens when you both create your own hype and end up absolutely believing it

I cannot handle Betsy's voice, though I'm assured by the LA comedy community that she is a delight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I enjoy Bobby Lee interviews but Betsy Sodaro is just a bridge too far

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Betsy is extremely funny but if you don't like her voice I guess that's fair.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Is there a specific reason they’ve avoided Panera, one of the most popular fast food chains in America, for the entire run of the show?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Both of Fran Gillespie's eps were partial Panera Bread episodes. I think she really wants to be the one to review it but keeps getting self-conscious about how much she had already talked about it on the show.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Yeah they're almost certainly waiting for Fran to come back. Her, McGathy, Gabrus, and Byer are on my Mount DoughboysGuestMore

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm a card carrying member of the Nang Gang

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What are some of the best doubles for a new patron to check out?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I remember the Taco Time live show being p good.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Dream Mitchy

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The one with Mitch’s mum, obvs.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Star Wars Month

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I can't remember if they put it out on the free feed, but the Despicable Me 3 review with Mary Holland is maybe the best episode of the show

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
On today's double, a man who can barely explain things tries to explain Dave Matthews Band

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Matt Lindland posted:

Betsy is extremely funny but if you don't like her voice I guess that's fair.

Alas, I am changing like a butterfly going through that one process.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Nick apparently used to see a lot of jazz and heavy metal shows.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

little munchkin posted:

Alas, I am changing like a butterfly going through that one process.

she's good, gently caress the haters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0PaOLuojOk

Unmature
May 9, 2008
A good companion to today's Double: Mitch and Harris Wittels singing Crash - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CEvgdZPOaE

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'll never tire of Mitch getting indignant when someone says he was late.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Srice posted:

I'll never tire of Mitch getting indignant when someone says he was late.

He’s so consistently late it’s almost admirable.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mitch was late to the podcast that’s recorded in his own goddamn apartment last week.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Trying not to be annoyed at the suggestion to go to Red Hook for “real” greens, where I’m sure they’re normally priced and will go great with my 17 dollar pulled pork or whatever.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mitch being the most insecure person combined with his willful refusal to ever change is great storytelling

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hot ice cream topping tip (ICTT): pour some Cocoa Pebbles on top. Why isn't this something everyone does? I feel like this should be a thing everyone figured out on their own while high like I did.

Goddamn, having your brother be the Sex and Candy guy must be really weird, a little infuriating and full of pointing and laughing.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 9, 2018

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Drunkboxer posted:

Trying not to be annoyed at the suggestion to go to Red Hook for “real” greens, where I’m sure they’re normally priced and will go great with my 17 dollar pulled pork or whatever.

that guy was trying real hard to be a "good guest" and it backfired spectacularly

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Solo tomorrow

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Predictions: Nick will say it's fun but ultimately adds little to the universe. Mitch will have a meltdown about how much he hated it.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Well it super duper sucks so I hope he does

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Solo is cool and good and Mitch will of course hate it because it "ruins" Harrison Fords Solo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
How much "Magic"* is there in Solo? Because that is Mitch's #1 criteria.

*May also mean "Came out when I was 6"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I haven’t seen it but it’s about a white male so I’m guessing Mitch will say it’s pretty... guuud.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Cloks posted:

Predictions: Nick will say it's fun but ultimately adds little to the universe. Mitch will have a meltdown about how much he hated it.

Has Nick ever not described a movie as fun?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Nick seems to describe most things in his life as fun

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Solo is a movie that has a ton of dumb poo poo to pick apart, so of course Mitch will fixate on how he doesn't like that a robot's brain got uploaded into the space ship

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ep was fine, Mitch didn't fixate on innane stuff like with The Last Jedi. He did get anxious about internet comments at the end but if that's a deal breaker you probably gave up on the podcast ages ago.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
this BvS stanning is far more heinous than whatever they're about to say about Solo

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm almost beginning to think the doughboys have dumb movie opinions

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I'm almost beginning to think the doughboys have dumb movie opinions

But this is the Internet where we must all like the same movies the same amount because that's so fun

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Complaining about Han Solo ordering a brandy is way funnier than anything I could have made up ahead of time, good job Mitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Corellian brandy has been a thing in Star Wars for a long time and it would totally make sense for Han Solo to order it, being as he is from Corellia.

That being said I don't remember the drink he got being explicitly ordered, I thought Qi'ra just handed him something.